Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Thinking about making this forum only readable by registered forum members

+10
QueenOfHearts
Ghost Rider
Markle
stormwatch89
Floridatexan
Joanimaroni
Hospital Bob
talknstang
2seaoat
boards of FL
14 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Should this forum only be viewable by registered members?

Thinking about making this forum only readable by registered forum members I_vote_lcap50%Thinking about making this forum only readable by registered forum members I_vote_rcap 50% [ 13 ]
Thinking about making this forum only readable by registered forum members I_vote_lcap50%Thinking about making this forum only readable by registered forum members I_vote_rcap 50% [ 13 ]
Total Votes : 26

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

boards of FL

boards of FL

Should I?

2seaoat

There are people who do not like to participate who once lived in Pensacola. The stuff Bob and Hallmark do allow people to reconnect. Just my two cents, but if they are not causing a problem, why not allow them access to the information shared?

talknstang

i say be a "big brother", keep a watchful eye. The government does it, so why not PensacolaDiscussionForum? They're probably watching you watch us anyway, lol

If you can make this forum viewed by registered members, you can also make it to where people cannot reregister once banned.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

What is the problem which leads to this proposal?

by talknstang Today at 5:10 pm
i say be a "big brother", keep a watchful eye. The government does it, so why not PensacolaDiscussionForum? They're probably watching you watch us anyway, lol
-------
Actually we aren't even a pimple in their buttocks

talknstang

PACEDOG#1 wrote:by talknstang Today at 5:10 pm
-------
Actually we aren't even a pimple in their buttocks
maybe yours, but i can almost guarantee you that i am on some BS watchlist.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

I agree...it would also block the bots.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

I want other people to have access to this forum.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Floridatexan wrote:

Why?

Joanimaroni wrote:I agree...it would also block the bots.

In total there are 6 users online :: 3 Registered, 3 Hidden and 0 Guests :: 1 Bot
Most users ever online was 163 on 2/14/2013, 7:21 pm
Registered Users: bizguy, Lisa12, Mr Ichi
Bots : Google

I checked again and now I dont see the bots. At one time we had both Bing and Google bots on board Interesting.

boards of FL

boards of FL

Bob wrote:What is the problem which leads to this proposal?

It is because your boy WTM constantly sends me hate mail threatening to sue me. We all know him to be a nut job, but in all honesty, I'm getting tired of his desperate cries for attention. They all seem to stem from his reading this forum, so I thought it best to just make so that he can no longer read this forum.

Time to get a life for him. Let's all move on.

Thanks. all is good. I appreciate all the work you do for us. cheers  cheers  cheers 

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

boards of FL wrote:
Bob wrote:What is the problem which leads to this proposal?

It is because your boy WTM constantly sends me hate mail threatening to sue me.   We all know him to be a nut job, but in all honesty, I'm getting tired of his desperate cries for attention.  They all seem to stem from his reading this forum, so I thought it best to just make so that he can no longer read this forum.  

Time to get a life for him.  Let's all move on.

You don't deserve to be harrassed. It is absolutely ridiculous for a banned member to continue such childish behaviour.

stormwatch89

stormwatch89

I didn't understand the reasoning, but if you're being harassed, go for it!

We appreciate your efforts, seriously.

Is there no way to block him from emailing you?

I like being able to just glance at General Discussion without having to log on. I'm with FT, I think it should be open. But let the majority rule.

Markle

Markle

Joanimaroni wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:

Why?

The vast majority of readers of forums, here, newspapers, blogs, whatever, never post anything.  It doesn't mean they're not interested and why prevent them from reading?  Logic would dictate that a reasonable person would want to drive as many people as possible TO a forum rather than away.

Stsng, you're not on any watch list the Feds have so quit flattering yourself

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Markle wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:

Why?

The vast majority of readers of forums, here, newspapers, blogs, whatever, never post anything.  It doesn't mean they're not interested and why prevent them from reading?  Logic would dictate that a reasonable person would want to drive as many people as possible TO a forum rather than away.

I agree, markle.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

I agree with you and Markle but why should Boards have to deal with the crap from a banned member?

I think its a great idea. I don't care if people just want to lurk. if you want to lurk so bad, sign in.

There are people ( or persons ) out there who would love nothing but to gather info on people to cause them harm. Why allow that? Why allow boards to continue to get threats? why? because some of you are too lazy to sign in?

the rest of these lurkers that even sign up don't contribute to the forum. why expose ourselves needlessly?

and I laugh at trying to get new members LOL ALL THESE YEARS and how many of the new members have become popular contributors to this group? I mean If the new members want to come out and start participating, awesome, glad to have you but that hasn't really been the case.

boards, I think you should consider who on here as long term standing members are for or against this. as you know some of them are in cahoots.

Have a good day. Ive spoken my peace.

kiss kiss

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

There's a simple, easy,  painless solution to this.

The solution would be a bargain between TB and bds.
That TB promises to stop sending bds messages and bds agrees to not block unregistered people from reading the forum.

Markle and I are not often in agreement but this time Markle is absolutely correct.  To block unregistered people from reading the forum would really discourage the chances of any new participation.  Most people who accidentally find a forum (any forum) are not going to register BEFORE they sample it.  They'll just walk away.
I know because I've come across discussion forums which required registration to read them and I walked away.
That's very bad policy.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Bob wrote:There's a simple, easy,  painless solution to this.

That TB promises to stop sending bds messages and bds agrees to not block unregistered people
from reading the forum.

Markle and I are not often in agreement but this time Markle is absolutely correct.  To block unregistered people from reading the forum would really discourage the chances of any new participation.  Most people who accidentally find a forum (any forum) are not going to register BEFORE they sample it.  They'll just walk away.
I know because I've come across discussion forums which required registration to read them and I walked away.
That's very bad policy.

Hasn't Boards already done that? He requested members, because of threats from the banned one, not to mention his name or discuss him. Obviously, it has not worked. So we have a banned member that contines to harass a person that is doing all of us a favor.

boards of FL

boards of FL

Bob wrote:There's a simple, easy,  painless solution to this.

You're missing the point.  I have no interest in interacting with or "bargaining" with that nut job.  I shouldn't have to.  The goal is for him to get a life and stop reading the forum and then constantly emailing me with "What?!?1 Do do want to get sued or something?!?!?1 I'll sue your ass!!?!"  on a regular basis.  

I saw myself as having two options.  1) Make the forum only readable by registered members.  2)  Look into getting a restraining order of some sort, since what he is doing essentially amounts to stalking.  Option 2 seemed like more of a hassle, and I'm not entirely sure I care enough to go through all that, so for now it is option 1.  I agree with you all in that it is certainly more ideal for the forum to be readable by guests.  But alas...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum