This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.


You are not connected. Please login or register

By Golly Linda.....can you say Commissioner May....gosh that seaoat is always wrong

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 3 of 7]

"I get my lawyer to appear as I had a conflict that day..."

For the vast majority of low-income families, the only contact they've ever had with a lawyer was with a Public Defender.

Really, are you THAT out of touch?

Nice try at deflection and misdirection but my reply had nothing to do with May, it was about YOUR post and YOUR insufferable egotism and arrogance.

View user profile http://www.flickr.com/photos/btraven/
it was about YOUR post and YOUR insufferable egotism and arrogance.

No, it was more about you. Sorry, this thread is about Police abuses and the tacit support of the same by regular folk who would rather not make waves, and condemn a patriot. I do not make an apology for my arrogance when the choice is utter stupidity and conformity, or standing for the truth. If standing alone for truth is arrogance, can I have some more.

Oh, Einstein........who hires a lawyer for a traffic speeding ticket? Duh. All I asked the lawyer for was a trial date. He did not charge me, and I was going to conduct my own trial. Was that arrogant of me.....maybe, and I sure as hell did not think the state would dismiss, but my saying no to the wrongful issuance of a citation had nothing to do with me hiring a lawyer. I was going to arrogantly do my own trial.

View user profile
2seaoat wrote:
Oh, Einstein........who hires a lawyer for a traffic speeding ticket?  Duh.  All I asked the lawyer for was a trial date.  He did not charge me, and I was going to conduct my own trial.  Was that arrogant of me.....maybe, and I sure as hell did not think the state would dismiss, but my saying no to the wrongful issuance of a citation had nothing to do with me hiring a lawyer.  I was going to arrogantly do my own trial.

Oh, I'm sorry, you're right. Blue-collar guys, the block-masons and roofers, the guys on the garbage trucks and in the warehouses, ALL have such good connections with the legal community that lawyers don't even charge them.

Yeah, right.

View user profile http://www.flickr.com/photos/btraven/
Vikingwoman wrote:We're talking about two different things here, Oatie. Whether the cop pulled him over for being black we'll never know but the evidence suggest she didn't. You and FT keep going on about that and we're talking about how he acted. You don't seem to quite get that like you don't seem to quite get he apologized for his bad behavior...in writing. All you empirical research means squat.

Thank you for trying once more to explain this, Viking, but, as you can see, you may as well be talking to the wall, since Seaoat actually applauds May's behavior.  It's appalling, but there you are.  We should just hang it up on this topic; we're dealing with a stone-headed idiot who doesn't care how (someone else's) county commissioner behaves.

View user profile
Oh, I'm sorry, you're right. Blue-collar guys, the block-masons and roofers, the guys on the garbage trucks and in the warehouses, ALL have such good connections with the legal community that lawyers don't even charge them.

Yeah, right.


Too funny. I need to keep things really simple with you. Higher level concepts just breeze over your head. If I did not have a conflict that day, as a garbageman I would have approached the bench and asked for a trial. They would have given a date, and my wife would have appeared as a witness on that date
. You are right us garbage truck drivers, and especially roofers need to be patronized about how we are too poor, too stupid to display simple resistance to a wrongful stop, but it is nice to know that a soft handed fellow like yourself is there to patronize us......too funny.....you remain a hoot on cornering the pretend intelligence and giving me the pure pleasure to once again point out you continually need to prove you are as dumb as a post, which means you certainly would say to an officer who stops you improperly......please issue me an improper citation officer, I have to finish my roof.

View user profile
Thank you for trying once more to explain this, Viking, but, as you can see, you may as well be talking to the wall, since Seaoat actually applauds May's behavior. It's appalling, but there you are. We should just hang it up on this topic; we're dealing with a stone-headed idiot who doesn't care how (someone else's) county commissioner behaves.

Now we get to the essence. Your ownership of the black man. It is none of Seaoat's business how we folks from Virginia handle our hired help, and what our expectation is for their behavior......appalling......yes the letter was and the attack the messenger all you like, but you can take the girl out of the country, but you cannot take the country out of the girl.

View user profile
Seaoat, I'm done trying to reason with you. You are SICK, and I don't mean with cancer. SICK. Go take your hate-filled theories and plead them with someone who doesn't have a stitch of a brain or any self-awareness -- they won't work with me. Ever!

You are and always have been wrong about me, and not only do I resent your returning to the effort to cast me as a racist -- you sorry S.O.B. -- but I reiterate that your pretending to care about me is the biggest load of B.S. I've ever read in my life. You don't know me, you don't care about me, and you don't have any insight into my mind other than what your own delusional opinions place there. YOU ARE JUST PLAIN SICK, having apparently some deep-seated need to put others down to make yourself feel superior.

If you can't see yourself in everything you hate about Donald Trump, you're blinder than the blindest bat in the cave.

Now get out of my face and leave me alone. For the duration. I'm serious.

View user profile
Now get out of my face and leave me alone. For the duration. I'm serious.

I have talked about the four bathrooms I saw as a child, yet when we broach this subject you call me sick, you have called me dirty, We are the same age. You are silent about what you saw as a child. You are right, I do hate everything about Donald Trump and the hate he has brought back to the center stage, but I make no apologies for my childhood, or my journey. I detested your letter, and I detested the PNJ responses which attacked May, and I care about every single person on this forum. You are not the first, nor will you be the last who fears an honest conversation with me. Request granted.

View user profile
Geez, I knew Oatie was a little off but the self righteous super hero syndrome is a little sickening. Caps is right. Acting like a dick is not an option for most people for a multitude of reasons. People w/ critical thinking skills would persevere through the stop and then take it up w/ the authorities behind the scenes. Being a schmuck to cops will get you nowhere.

View user profile
Vikingwoman wrote:Geez, I knew Oatie was a little off but the self righteous super hero syndrome is a little sickening.

Understatement of the century, girl. And to think he believes I FEAR a conversation with his miserable self! TOO hilarious!

View user profile
Oatie has no insight into his behavior or thinking. People like him never do. They see themselves as bastions of good and righteousness instead of the dick they can be. I picture him being led out to the lions while screaming Matthew what ever it is.

View user profile

Seaoat may be full of himself, but he's right about Commissioner May. Yes, he apologized for losing his temper, but he was within his rights to question the stop. What was it again? The police woman made a mistake entering his tag. She should have let it go at that point, but instead she decided to make his tinted windows an issue (excuse) for the stop. But there was no traffic infraction...no speeding, no running a stop sign, no illegal turns. He was driving while black.

View user profile
I am usually right. Does that mean I am arrogant.....probably. I have never had a friend or business associate call me arrogant, but I certainly play that part here because again....I am usually right. I called that Sandra blunt's arresting officer would be indicted. He was. I said that they would pay off the family with a big wrongful death settlement to silence them, and then in the backdoor have the officer cop a plea. He can never be a cop, he was fired, and without consulting the family they settled with a slap on the wrist. Exactly what I predicted in Victor's case, and exactly what I predicted here once the family got the big payoff and the story faded from the front page. Do you think it is luck that I have my pulse on these cases......now that is what is funny. I did not know you could get a 1 watt lightbulb, but I guess in my arrogance I am always amazed at how simple conceptualization is beyond some. I love this place when folks think they can get me angry by insulting the messenger. Yep, I am now sick, been called dirty, and love every minute of the same.........yes the truth remains the same.

View user profile
You don't make any sense in saying a black man was stopped because he was black then admit the windows were tinted so the cop couldn't even see the guy was black. Oatie denies May apologized and says the windows weren't tinted? Just proof of a lack of critical thinking skills.

View user profile
The cop was indicted for lying. Nothing else.

View user profile
Lumon May was wrong to do what he did, that is why he apologized. His brother was also wrong and lost his city job.

Seaoat not all of his black district residents think highly of May. Months ago we were participating in a multi state basketball tournament at the Theophilus May resource center on Gregory St. A very nice center and city block park area dedicated in memory of Lumon May's father. The center is for adults and children. The center promotes sporting events, teams and classes for children and adults.

During this tournament we played several games on Saturday at the May Center....and then without warning our games were cancelled at 4pm and all teams had to be deverted to Marcus Point Baptist Church. This caused a great deal of turmoil for all tournament teams that were scheduled. This tournament was prepaid by the teams...and an entrance fee was paid by spectators. The center was closing the gym.

I asked one of the Southern Youth Sports Associations directors (an organization that works out of the May Center) why we had to move.... mid tournament. The answer...Lumon May scheduled anot her event for the evening. He knew ahead of time about the scheduled tournament. One of the wives stated.... Mr. LuMon our commissioner, does this all the time, he doesn't care if events get cancelled so he can use the facility whenever for his personal events.

View user profile
I did all scheduling for basketball and soccer for youth not for profit organizations in rural areas over three counties. There was never a Saturday that the gym I had reserved and was told was available would have a conflict. Some was unavoidable, some were accidents, and some were folks who did not like our leagues using their facilities. I often had to schedule 50 games on a saturday in about 8 facilities. I had to have backup plans, back up officials, score keepers, and there were some saturdays for a decade I did not even to get to watch my own kids because I was either a ref, a coach, or dealing with league problems, so I am not going to judge the man because a few people complained and assumed the man did not care about the kids and was only doing things selfishly. Nobody is saying Commissioner May was perfect. He was just right about the stop. He never played the race card. He never played the commissioner card. He called for a supervisor because the officer had escalated the stop and was entirely unprofessional. His apology was like a trump apology......his lawyer leads in the news conference that everything he did was correct, and then he apologized sitting next to his lawyer.....he must be advising the president.

View user profile

Context:

FOUR COUNTY COMMISSIONERS INDICTED: On April 30, 2002, four Escambia County commissioners were booked into Escambia County Jail on 27 charges, which included bribery, racketeering, and violating the state's Sunshine Law. Governor Jeb Bush suspended the four indicted commissioners, W.D. Childers, Willie Junior, Terry Smith and Mike Bass on May 1 and appointed temporary replacements, who each agreed to only complete the terms of their predecessors. Later, appointee Marie Young got special permission to run for District 3, which she has now done twice.

http://inweekly.net/article.asp?artID=10975

View user profile
If Mr. May worked as the dog catcher the facts of this case would not change. The police officer incorrectly stopped this man and allowed the stop to escalate not because of her gender, but a total lack of training. The racist lynch mob mentality reflected by continued condemnation of his stop is just whipped cream with a cherry on top confirming every thing I have said for years. The thing which sprouted this thread was the only black SA in Florida being stopped with the EXACT same facts.......incorrect stop.....false claim of plates......false claim of tinted windows......some would see the pattern, but others feel good about how the SA knew her place. Every SA in America has a written policy as to how SA should act when they are personally stopped. They can not use their office to get out of the ticket. They cannot threaten even for a bad stop. They must by policy take the ticket without comment, yet when a citizen without the constraints of a SA act appropriately and asks for a supervisor where an officer is escalating a traffic stop and is giving conflicting information concerning the plates, and tinting......well thank goodness that citizens like commissioner May are out there.

View user profile
You've got some mental issues Oatie that have nothing to do w/ your illness. You can clearly see in the tape no one could tell if May was black or white due to the truck tint prior to the stop. The officer was very professional and much nicer than I would have been. Even after I post the apology letter May wrote you sit there and say the same garbage. I hope you never serve on a jury because you don't have the faculties necessary to render an impartial verdict. And for that matter neither does FT.

View user profile
Some type of mental issue? That is the exact logic you used when I was correct on Sandra's case. There is no way for anybody to find if anything was put in her file on this stop, but in the majority of police departments in this country it would have been noted in her file that she needed additional training on not escalating a routine stop. No some folks have real world experience and others do not. Your lack of understanding on these subjects dealing with the fourth amendment and the common denominator of women wanting extra protection for a poor frail woman officer is absurd. Trained experienced officer would have handled this stop seamlessly. As I said at the time, when he asked for a supervisor the officer should have said yes sir, please get back in your vehicle and I will call for a supervisor. The officer sits back in her squad and calls. Done. You seem to think that a police officer in America has a higher status than a citizen, and that a woman who escalates a stop needs special protection from a black man who had every right to be upset with his rights as a citizen being stomped upon. That does not make you mentally sick, just comfortable being among the sheep.

View user profile
Vikingwoman wrote:You've got some mental issues Oatie that have nothing to do w/ your illness. You can clearly see in the tape no one could tell if May was black or white due to the truck tint prior to the stop. The officer was very professional and much nicer than I would have been. Even after I post the apology letter May wrote you sit there and say the same garbage. I hope you never serve on a jury because you don't have the faculties necessary to render an impartial verdict. And for that matter neither does FT.

So everyone who disagrees with you is stupid. Nay, nay...I think the stupid one is you. You always side with the cops, even when the "cop" is a psycho vigilante with an ax to grind.

View user profile
Actually, I rarely side w/ the police on cases of abuse as I know what they do, however, in cases where the citizen abuses them and acts out of control I call em as I see em. You and Oatie see racism is every stop which is old and tiresome and not in conjunction w/ reality. You both change the facts to suit your agenda and that's wrong. You're the kind that go out and join lynch mobs and protesters just on the very idea that a black person was stopped and not on facts. Adding to the animus and hatred on false perceptions is just as destructive as police abuses. Anyone w/ half a brain can watch the video and see May was not pulled over because he was black. You can't even see who was in the truck, ya morons!

View user profile
2seaoat wrote:Some type of mental issue?  That is the exact logic you used when I was correct on Sandra's case.   There is no way for anybody to find if anything was put in her file on this stop, but in the majority of police departments in this country it would have been noted in her file that she needed additional training on not escalating a routine stop.  No some folks have real world experience and others do not.  Your lack of understanding on these subjects dealing with the fourth amendment and the common denominator of women wanting extra protection for a poor frail woman officer is absurd.   Trained experienced officer would have handled this stop seamlessly.   As I said at the time, when he asked for a supervisor the officer should have said yes sir, please get back in your vehicle and I will call for a supervisor.   The officer sits back in her squad and calls.   Done.   You seem to think that a police officer in America has a higher status than a citizen, and that a woman who escalates a stop needs special protection from a black man who had every right to be upset with his rights as a citizen being stomped upon.   That does not make you mentally sick, just comfortable being among the sheep.

How did she escalate the stop, Oatie? By asking for his license and registration? By refusing to argue w/ the man over and over as to why she stopped him? She never once lost her cool w/ a citizen who was out of control.

View user profile
My daughter in law has four sisters. One of her sisters has a biracial child who goes to a Lutheran preschool with his cousin my grandson. My daughter in law has a cousin who married a black man, and they have two children. At every family party celebrating my two grandson's birthdays, we now have black people who are part of our family. The cousin is a teacher, and his two beautiful children who have seen him repeatedly pulled over for absolutely NO reason. Most of the people on this forum have a context and perception of people which was formed in their youth and extended family, schools, and church. In Joannies case working in a hospital she has seen some unpleasant things within the context of her work experience and has stereotypes. Dreams has worked as a Alabama police officer. In her later work experience she has stereotypes which are personal to her. Every person here has a right to express an opinion, and my opinion is no better than any other opinion, but facts stand on their own merits. The facts are that black drivers in America get pulled over proportionately more and that those stops produce no more crime than randomly pulling any motorist over......see the law review link. The facts in this case are once the motorists asked for a supervisor from his vehicle the officer had every opportunity to be professional and go back to her vehicle and call a supervisor. She chose a different path. The response of the PNJ comments were a fact. They were not even tacitly racial. They were overt. The attacks against a Citizen dealing with bad plate analysis, bad tinted window analysis, and unprofessional behavior are not made in a sterile lab environment, but with the context that just five years ago Escambia County operated a racially segregated jail. Simple facts which are ignored. I do not want my grandsons and their cousin to be stopped in America and hurt in the future because of the color of their cousin's skin. If that is sick, I have 36 years of facts that no other person on this forum has and as a ghost I have NEVER visited those facts or shared them. If that officer reported to me, I would have her in training or suggesting a new line of work.

View user profile

Sponsored content


View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum