This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.


You are not connected. Please login or register

By Golly Linda.....can you say Commissioner May....gosh that seaoat is always wrong

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 7]

Vikingwoman wrote:The female officer wasn't unprofessional. No officer should have to be abused by a citizen. Oatie has issues w/ this stuff and as I said before cannot gauge appropriate behavior.

You're so right, Viking.

View user profile
Of course I have issues with police abusing citizens.   Almost 40 years of real world experience of abuse of citizens by police officers and the same lies and coverups which protect police abuse.   The cameras will make a quantum leap in the unequal power of any exchange with a police officer.   Citizens in 1870 America would not tolerate the police abuse, yet over a hundred years of erosion of fourth amendment rights was only finally slowed with Scalia, and he has died.  I have zero tolerance for people who have tacit racism and deny the same, as they tried to shift criminality to a citizens righteous indignation of the conduct of another poorly trained police officer who was lying.   Yes, lying.   She said the plate did not show registered and current, yet her supervisor ran the same, and immediately she started talking about the tint of his window, which they quickly shut down also.   The attacks in the PNJ were a racial lynch mob, and Linda's letter which was not even an honest letter to commissioner May, but a back door attempt to have the man lose his job or seek sanctions for his righteous conduct after being abused.   There are moral choices and there are easy answers.   Some can easily make moral choices, others go along to get along.

View user profile
Again Oatie, the officer didn't pull him over because he was black. She couldn't see what color he was due to his window tinting. You're completely out in left field.

View user profile
I play poker. I would be happy to play poker with your grasp of probability. You remind of the person who falls in love with a pair of queens, and the flop is ace, king, five. You keep pushing the bet because of those queens without realizing that the probability of an ace or king being held by nine people at a poker table is like the probability of a vehicle in that part of Pensacola being driven by a black person. Certainly, not a hundred percent, and yes they truck may have had a white driver, just not probable, and certainly when the stop happened and the officer escalated the stop, she was doing that with a black man.

You queens will lose 70% of the time.

View user profile
Vikingwoman wrote:
IMASOCK wrote:I'm ALWAYS courteous to cops. I was married to one for 8 years.  Y'all need to think of the interactions they have with the public. 99.5% are negative.  I had a cop in Milton pull me over and I was being polite, asking to put my hands in my pockets, reach places on my motorcycle....he finally asked, "what is your problem?" I let him know I was married to a cop and didn't want an altercation. He asked me why act like I was and I told him I was married to a cop and he asked me who and I let him know....he said out of respect for your spouse, I am letting you out of the ticket for your behavior.


Would have cost me 300 bucks had I not been respectful.

If you were being respectful Dilbert why did he ask you what your problem was? The truth is you weren't and were waiting for a chance to say you were married to one because cops don't give spouses tickets. What an asswipe!

I was acting appropriately and courteously and I guess for cops who pull over folks who ride crotch rockets,
That's not always the case. Oh and some cops do give spouses tickets. Ask any FHP officer. They are ruthless.

View user profile
Why did the cop ask you what your problem was? Because you were acting appropriately?

View user profile
2seaoat wrote:I play poker.  I would be happy to play poker with your grasp of probability.  You remind of the person who falls in love with a pair of queens, and the flop is ace, king, five.  You keep pushing the bet because of those queens without realizing that the probability of an ace or king being held by nine people at a poker table is like the probability of a vehicle in that part of Pensacola being driven by a black person.   Certainly, not a hundred percent, and yes they truck may have had a white driver, just not probable, and certainly when the stop happened and the officer escalated the stop, she was doing that with a black man.

You queens will lose 70% of the time.

So you're saying anytime the police work a black neighborhood they should not pull over anybody because the chances are they may be black and that would be racist? The officer didn't escalate. Mays did and he apologized for it. Your logic is non existent.

View user profile
So you're saying anytime the police work a black neighborhood they should not pull over anybody because the chances are they may be black and that would be racist? The officer didn't escalate. Mays did and he apologized for it. Your logic is non existent.


Pursuant to the fourth amendment and the concerns of our founding fathers concerning standing armies and deprivation by the state of individuals freedom and liberty, Police officers should pull people over with probable cause of a violation of the law. May did not apologize. He made it clear one day he was right and only qualified that when the mob was asking that he be charged with a crime. He wisely gave the a statement with his lawyer, who again reiterated he did nothing wrong. The officer was out of control, and thankfully supervisors got there before somebody was shot. Lies about the plates. Lies about the tinting. Standard black man stop.

View user profile
Sorry Oatie you just can't get past this no matter how much you lie. Note the statement he was wrong for his behavior. Tsk.Tsk.

http://studeri.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/May_FOP_Grantham_letter.pdf

View user profile
Commissioner May was stopped while black. I know this from personal experience...that black people are targeted for stops by police, and Pensacola is one of the places where this is somewhat routine. Trevor Noah stated that he had been stopped 8 to 10 times in 6 years of living in the US. That is way beyond the norm. He also said that he didn't believe the police themselves were racist...just their training. I tend to believe that most police are decent people, and some are extraordinary in their dedication. I've seen this in my personal experience. But I've also seen the other side of the coin.

View user profile
How did the officer know he was black?

View user profile
How did the officer know he was black?


The video showed only black people. I guess her following the vehicle for no reason a couple blocks where every visible person was black in vehicles and pedestrians probably did not factor into why she was in that neighborhood pulling people over for no reason Rationalizing the reality of being stopped for driving black, and then doing the plates did not run, and the window tint looked bad is a canned response to stopping black drivers. The States Attorney and Commissioner May were well respected elected officials, but most blacks get stopped continually for simply being a black driver. It is institutionalized racism and it is nationwide. Attacking the victims is the status quo in America.

View user profile
BS!

View user profile
Floridatexan wrote:Commissioner May was stopped while black.  I know this from personal experience...that black people are targeted for stops by police, and Pensacola is one of the places where this is somewhat routine.  Trevor Noah stated that he had been stopped 8 to 10 times in 6 years of living in the US.  That is way beyond the norm.  He also said that he didn't believe the police themselves were racist...just their training.  I tend to believe that most police are decent people, and some are extraordinary in their dedication.  I've seen this in my personal experience.  But I've also seen the other side of the coin.

Black people may be targeted but you don't know that May was stopped for being black. Now every time a black person is stopped it is for racial reasons so I guess we can just allow them to get away w/ anything because it will be racism. When you have evidence May was stopped for being black then you can say that but the window was tinted. Regardless f why he was stopped he reacted poorly and that was the issue.

View user profile
2seaoat wrote:How did the officer know he was black?


The video showed only black people.  I guess her following the vehicle for no reason a couple blocks where every visible person was black in vehicles and pedestrians probably did not factor into why she was in that neighborhood pulling people over for no reason   Rationalizing the reality of being stopped for driving black, and then doing the plates did not run, and the window tint looked bad is a canned response to stopping black drivers.   The States Attorney and Commissioner May were well respected elected officials, but most blacks get stopped continually for simply being a black driver.  It is institutionalized racism and it is nationwide.  Attacking the victims is the status quo in America.

Now Oatie is saying the police shouldn't be in black neighborhoods because it is racist.Absurd!

View user profile
Litigants have challenged the use of profiles in all of these areas, but the use of race to select suspects for traffic stops and drug searches has come under particular scrutiny. The invention of the fictitious offense "Driving While Black" captures the popular perception that police officers target African-Americans for traffic stops and are more likely to search an African-American’s vehicle. This perception, however, is more than mere speculation; empirical research has tended to show that African-American drivers are more likely to be stopped and searched than drivers of other races. Moreover, this research suggests that targeting African-Americans yields no more drug courier arrests than random searches would.

The science and the law say I am right. Read and learn.

https://courses2.cit.cornell.edu/sociallaw/student_projects/DrivingWhileBlack.htm

View user profile
NOTHING about ANY of that excuses Commissioner May's shameful behavior. That's the simple truth of the matter. The man showed himself to be a loose cannon with anger management issues, and I still don't like knowing he's part of the group at the helm of this county. Maybe you'd love him up in Illinois, but as for me, I have no faith in his ability to keep it all together under pressure.

View user profile
We're talking about two different things here, Oatie. Whether the cop pulled him over for being black we'll never know but the evidence suggest she didn't. You and FT keep going on about that and we're talking about how he acted. You don't seem to quite get that like you don't seem to quite get he apologized for his bad behavior...in writing. All you empirical research means squat.

View user profile
He acted like an American patriot.  I cannot become one of the sheep in the land of liberty and freedom where a person thinks it is ok for the standing army to move into your house or stop citizens because of the color of their skin, or make up chit without response from citizens.  No, I read the PNJ comments and letters, and they were 90% wanting a black citizen to be compliant and subservient to a corrupt system.

Prudence, indeed, will dictate that governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shown that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

he has erected a multitude of new offices by a self-assumed power, and sent hither swarms of officers to harrass our people, and eat out their substance.

When some declare their independence from abuse they are honored, when men of color do the same they are attacked.  I cherish the patriots who sacrifice to fight injustice and work for liberty and freedom for all.

View user profile

It's so hard to see a black face through a tinted window, even in daylight. Imagine you're out at 7 am in your neighborhood and get stopped by police. Was there a driving infraction? What exactly did May do to prompt the stop? And how would you feel under similar circumstances?

View user profile
I am compliant and polite when I have given the officer a legitimate reason to stop me. Polite and conversational. I make commissioner may look like milk toast when I have been wrongly stopped.

I have told the story repeatedly on the PNJ. I had gone to Disneyworld with the wife and kids and was returning home at about 1 am only 10 miles from my home. I was wearing my baseball cap, and the wife had her head on the center padded counsel and the kids were asleep in the back. I looked like a lone male driver at 1am on a Sunday morning. I went through a town at 30mph because I knew it was notorious for issuing speeding tickets. My wife was awake looking at the speedometer all the way through town. When I hit the 40 mph speed sign I increased my speed to 40 when a police car started following me. He turned his lights on when the speed limit transitioned to 50mph.

The wife popped up. The kids woke up. The officer approached the car and said I was doing 41 in a 30, I told him that was not true, and that I was traveling 30 the entire time at which time my wife immediately said, I was watching his speed the entire time and he traveled at 30mph. He goes back to the squad and my wife and I hear the radio operator go......Hey, I know Seaoat, and he is a good guy. He comes back to the car and asks me to sign the citation. I tell him I will not sign the citation because this was a dui profile stop, and I want to be arrested and tell the judge at bond call in the morning exactly how I was stopped on a profile stop with my family hidden, and my wife who is a school teacher will testify to my compliance with the speed.

He asks my wife to leave the vehicle and talk to him. She goes over by the squad and tells her, I am going to have to take your husband to jail, and can you talk to him......he is being stupid. She says officer please take him to jail, and then I can drive the kids home and go to bed because we have driven all night and my husband is a big boy, and by the way......I am not a liar and he never went one mile per hour over 30, so go right ahead and arrest him.

She comes back to the car and tells me exactly what she said to the officer. I am waiting for him to ask me to get out of the car after he sat in the squad talking on the radio for about five minutes, and he returns and hands me the citation and says he will not ask me to sign it and then he politely gives me the court date and time and says we can go. I get my lawyer to appear as I had a conflict that day and asked him to ask for a trial. He calls me and says the state dismissed the citation, and the assistant states attorney told my lawyer that others had complained about this officer stopping people without cause, and that he had just got a community award for the most DUI arrests and the judges and state were getting wise to his act.

If you are not willing as a citizen to go to jail to defend our constitution and our right as citizens not to be abused by the police, then do not be surprised by what our country becomes. I am sick to death for apologist who empower these abuses by tacit approval of the police state. I have spent a lifetime fighting bullies and unfairness, and not always with good results because it is the exception when the good guys stop the abuses of this system.

View user profile
2seaoat wrote:I am compliant and polite when I have given the officer a legitimate reason to stop me.  Polite and conversational.  I make commissioner may look like milk toast when I have been wrongly stopped.

I have told the story repeatedly on the PNJ.  I had gone to Disneyworld with the wife and kids and was returning home at about 1 am only 10 miles from my home.  I was wearing my baseball cap, and the wife had her head on the center padded counsel and the kids were asleep in the back.   I looked like a lone male driver at 1am on a Sunday morning.  I went through a town at 30mph because I knew it was notorious for issuing speeding tickets.  My wife was awake looking at the speedometer all the way through town.  When I hit the 40 mph speed sign I increased my speed to 40 when a police car started following me.  He turned his lights on when the speed limit transitioned to 50mph.

The wife popped up.  The kids woke up.  The officer approached the car and said I was doing 41 in a 30,   I told him that was not true, and that I was traveling 30 the entire time at which time my wife immediately said, I was watching his speed the entire time and he traveled at 30mph.   He goes back to the squad and my wife and I hear the radio operator go......Hey, I know Seaoat, and he is a good guy.   He comes back to the car and asks me to sign the citation.   I tell him I will not sign the citation because this was a dui profile stop, and I want to be arrested and tell the judge at bond call in the morning exactly how I was stopped on a profile stop with my family hidden, and my wife who is a school teacher will testify to my compliance with the speed.

He asks my wife to leave the vehicle and talk to him.  She goes over by the squad and tells her, I am going to have to take your husband to jail, and can you talk to him......he is being stupid.   She says officer please take him to jail, and then I can drive the kids home and go to bed because we have driven all night and my husband is a big boy, and by the way......I am not a liar and he never went one mile per hour over 30, so go right ahead and arrest him.

She comes back to the car and tells me exactly what she said to the officer.  I am waiting for him to ask me to get out of the car after he sat in the squad talking on the radio for about five minutes, and he returns and hands me the citation and says he will not ask me to sign it and then he politely gives me the court date and time and says we can go.   I get my lawyer to appear as I had a conflict that day and asked him to ask for a trial.  He calls me and says the state dismissed the citation, and the assistant states attorney told my lawyer that others had complained about this officer stopping people without cause, and that he had just got a community award for the most DUI arrests and the judges and state were getting wise to his act.

If you are not willing as a citizen to go to jail to defend our constitution and our right as citizens not to be abused by the police, then do not be surprised by what our country becomes.  I am sick to death for apologist who empower these abuses by tacit approval of the police state.  I have spent a lifetime fighting bullies and unfairness, and not always with good results because it is the exception when the good guys stop the abuses of this system.

The mind reels! I bet you've not only told the story "repeatedly on the PNJ" but to everyone else on the planet as well.

And that's not to mention the fact that you must have dislocated your neck-pipe kissing your own ass.

Do your really not understand that most blue-collar families would not have the resources to do what you did? Are you that out-of-touch with the reality of day-to-day life for most citizens?

You should be ashamed of yourself for posting that last paragraph.

View user profile http://www.flickr.com/photos/btraven/
i have done my duty since I was an eagle scout.  So when I am offended how commissioner May was treated, I make no apologies.   For those who apologize for bad cops, they can kiss MY asz.

Am I clear.

View user profile
2seaoat wrote:i have done my duty since I was an eagle scout.  So when I am offended how commissioner May was treated, I make no apologies.   For those who apologize for bad cops, they can kiss MY asz.

Am I clear.

I repeat, since apparently you've lost the ability to comprehend simple English:

Do your really not understand that most blue-collar families would not have the resources to do what you did? Are you that out-of-touch with the reality of day-to-day life for most citizens?

You should be ashamed of yourself for posting that last paragraph.

View user profile http://www.flickr.com/photos/btraven/
Do your really not understand that most blue-collar families would not have the resources to do what you did? Are you that out-of-touch with the reality of day-to-day life for most citizens?


Total bull chit.  Like you are going to speak for the working man, or you are going to speak for a black man.  When you resist depotism, the qualification is not a 800 credit score dumbinsky,  it is simply courage.   Courage does not have an income threshold.   Courage always requires doing something which is right despite knowing what the consequences will be.   To the extent that commissioner May stood his ground against the abuses of his stop, he fully knew that there would be consequences, and he paid a very heavy price.  It was not his income or the color of his collar, it was his courage to say NO.  Please get your supervisor.  I am more in touch with what poor and disenfranchised folks face everyday than you will be in a lifetime.   Your response tells me all I need to know of your perspective.

View user profile

Sponsored content


View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum