Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The wrongful attack of CNN at the press conference

+7
Telstar
VectorMan
othershoe1030
dumpcare
knothead
Sal
2seaoat
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 5]

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

Ahh, the birther rabbit hole!

Yes Markle this is just going to be one fantastic administration. I can tell already by the smooth calm way that we have spent this last week.

What's a little interference in our election process from a hostile government? Why shouldn't the President Elect pick a fight with the heads of the Intelligence Community? What's a few childish early morning tweets that only the whole world sees? What's a few revelations about his cabinet nominees  views? They are "just being themselves" right? What's the big deal about so many people from Goldman Sachs being added to the administration? So What? I could go on but you get the picture. Oh, this is going to be just a lovely (possibly) four years.

knothead

knothead

othershoe1030 wrote:Ahh, the birther rabbit hole!

Yes Markle this is just going to be one fantastic administration. I can tell already by the smooth calm way that we have spent this last week.

What's a little interference in our election process from a hostile government? Why shouldn't the President Elect pick a fight with the heads of the Intelligence Community? What's a few childish early morning tweets that only the whole world sees? What's a few revelations about his cabinet nominees  views? They are "just being themselves" right? What's the big deal about so many people from Goldman Sachs being added to the administration? So What? I could go on but you get the picture. Oh, this is going to be just a lovely (possibly) four years.

cheers lol! cheers cheers lol! cheers cheers

Nice diversion.

knothead

knothead

PkrBum wrote:Nice diversion.

Rolling Eyes Twisted Evil Laughing Laughing

Markle

Markle

othershoe1030 wrote:Ahh, the birther rabbit hole!

What revelations about his cabinet nominees?

You have no clue about how many former employees of Goldman Sachs by the administration of Petulant President Obama, do you?

2seaoat

The thread was about the wrongful attack by President Trump, his press secretary, and his mouth piece in Conway who all said CNN did something wrong, lied, and created fake news. They did none of that.....they simply told the truth despite numerous opportunity for self correction President elect Trump's team lied. What my wife picked up which was very disturbing was at that conference he announced he was a germ a phobe.......she knew nothing about the contents of the buzz feed story, and found that very strange to be a topic at a press conference. CNN did good journalism, and I am now going to exclusively watch them because Fox and MSNBC are not journalists, but sad character actors pretending to be journalist. I also like their coverage of non political news......other than air crashes which was one of the reasons I quit watching them, but now find their approach to political coverage as the only semi independent coverage. The spectrum of any leader in America being held hostage by another nation is a very serious charge. It is news. The unsubstantiated speculation as to the nature of that leverage is not the story. The story is that a candidate suddenly can say nothing bad about a historical adversary, and this memo raises its ugly head.......it is real news.....it is significant. President elect Trump's team owes CNN an apology.

Markle

Markle

2seaoat wrote:The thread was about the wrongful attack by President Trump, his press secretary, and his mouth piece in Conway who all said CNN did something wrong, lied, and created fake news.   They did none of that.....they simply told the truth despite numerous opportunity for self correction President elect Trump's team lied.   What my wife picked up which was very disturbing was at that conference he announced he was a germ a phobe.......she knew nothing about the contents of the buzz feed story, and found that very strange to be a topic at a press conference.   CNN did good journalism, and I am now going to exclusively watch them because Fox and MSNBC are not journalists, but sad character actors pretending to be journalist.  I also like their coverage of non political news......other than air crashes which was one of the reasons I quit watching them, but now find their approach to political coverage as the only semi independent coverage.  The spectrum of any leader in America being held hostage by another nation is a very serious charge.  It is news.   The unsubstantiated speculation as to the nature of that leverage is not the story.  The story is that a candidate suddenly can say nothing bad about a historical adversary, and this memo raises its ugly head.......it is real news.....it is significant.   President elect Trump's team owes CNN an apology.

CNN was RIGHTFULLY ATTACKED.  They intentionally gave legs to a totally false story.  Other than gross errors being pointed out in the 35 page even by the FAKE NEWS BUZZ FEED, it is ludicrous.

I know Progressives would go nuts about this same story were it published and the subject was Petulant President Barack Hussein Obama.  It is as valid about him as it is for President Trump.

Markle wrote:
2seaoat wrote:The thread was about the wrongful attack by President Trump, his press secretary, and his mouth piece in Conway who all said CNN did something wrong, lied, and created fake news.   They did none of that.....they simply told the truth despite numerous opportunity for self correction President elect Trump's team lied.   What my wife picked up which was very disturbing was at that conference he announced he was a germ a phobe.......she knew nothing about the contents of the buzz feed story, and found that very strange to be a topic at a press conference.   CNN did good journalism, and I am now going to exclusively watch them because Fox and MSNBC are not journalists, but sad character actors pretending to be journalist.  I also like their coverage of non political news......other than air crashes which was one of the reasons I quit watching them, but now find their approach to political coverage as the only semi independent coverage.  The spectrum of any leader in America being held hostage by another nation is a very serious charge.  It is news.   The unsubstantiated speculation as to the nature of that leverage is not the story.  The story is that a candidate suddenly can say nothing bad about a historical adversary, and this memo raises its ugly head.......it is real news.....it is significant.   President elect Trump's team owes CNN an apology.

CNN was RIGHTFULLY ATTACKED.  They intentionally gave legs to a totally false story.  Other than gross errors being pointed out in the 35 page even by the FAKE NEWS BUZZ FEED, it is ludicrous.

I know Progressives would go nuts about this same story were it published and the subject was Petulant President Barack Hussein Obama.  It is as valid about him as it is for President Trump.

Good point... they didn't give the benefit of doubt nor did they EVER demand transparency.

Pound sand comrades.

2seaoat

Good point... they didn't give the benefit of doubt nor did they EVER demand transparency.

Pound sand comrades.

Nice deflection. For someone who was not entirely truthful about their tacit support of President elect Trump, I find it quite enjoyable that you find CNN did something wrong. They reported that there was a memo. That the memo had been put together by a person paid by Republicans in the primary fight with President elect Trump, and it alleged that the Russians had leverage over candidate Trump. They never discussed the allegations of leverage. They never linked to Buzz feed in any way, which was the outright lie that Conway told repeatedly, and the news of the memo was not fake news as they denied the same, even after the FBI director had reviewed the same with the President, Vice President, and President elect Trump. I am not asking for transparency. I am not asking that an unsubstantiated claim as to the actual events which led to the allegations of leverage the Russians had over President elect Trump. I am talking about facts, and disgraceful conduct at a press conference to lie and condemn a news agency who did good journalism and reported the memo, and our government tracking the same concerns.

Sorry you cannot see right and wrong. Now if I was going to follow your lead, I would argue for indictment of a none crime. I do not take pride in being stupid.

Did you know that you can connect every current Hollywood star to Kevin Bacon within six degrees?

RealLindaL

2seaoat wrote:Good point... they didn't give the benefit of doubt nor did they EVER demand transparency.

Pound sand comrades.

Nice deflection.  For someone who was not entirely truthful about their tacit support of President elect Trump, I find it quite enjoyable that you find CNN did something wrong.   They reported that there was a memo.  That the memo had been put together by a person paid by Republicans in the primary fight with President elect Trump, and it alleged that the Russians had leverage over candidate Trump.  They never discussed the allegations of leverage.  They never linked to Buzz feed in any way, which was the outright lie that Conway told repeatedly, and the news of the memo was not fake news as they denied the same, even after the FBI director had reviewed the same with the President, Vice President, and President elect Trump.   I am not asking for transparency.  I am not asking that an unsubstantiated claim as to the actual events which led to the allegations of leverage the Russians had over President elect Trump.  I am talking about facts, and disgraceful conduct at a press conference to lie and condemn a news agency who did good journalism and reported the memo, and our government tracking the same concerns.

Sorry you cannot see right and wrong.  Now if I was going to follow your lead, I would argue for indictment of a none crime.   I do not take pride in being stupid.

Sea, it's quite apparent  you're entirely wasting your time here.  These people are either NOT READING or NOT UNDERSTANDING, even after MULTIPLE EXPLANATIONS of the honest truth, that CNN had NOTHING TO DO with revealing the 35 page dossier and in fact made a conscious and conscientious decision NOT to air anything except the 100% valid, well-sourced 2-page memo which included NONE of the salacious details BuzzFeed outed.  It's a lost cause, trying to edify those who don't want to know, and "those" would include Donald Trump and his propagandist Conway.

Telstar

Telstar

RealLindaL wrote:
2seaoat wrote:Good point... they didn't give the benefit of doubt nor did they EVER demand transparency.

Pound sand comrades.

Nice deflection.  For someone who was not entirely truthful about their tacit support of President elect Trump, I find it quite enjoyable that you find CNN did something wrong.   They reported that there was a memo.  That the memo had been put together by a person paid by Republicans in the primary fight with President elect Trump, and it alleged that the Russians had leverage over candidate Trump.  They never discussed the allegations of leverage.  They never linked to Buzz feed in any way, which was the outright lie that Conway told repeatedly, and the news of the memo was not fake news as they denied the same, even after the FBI director had reviewed the same with the President, Vice President, and President elect Trump.   I am not asking for transparency.  I am not asking that an unsubstantiated claim as to the actual events which led to the allegations of leverage the Russians had over President elect Trump.  I am talking about facts, and disgraceful conduct at a press conference to lie and condemn a news agency who did good journalism and reported the memo, and our government tracking the same concerns.

Sorry you cannot see right and wrong.  Now if I was going to follow your lead, I would argue for indictment of a none crime.   I do not take pride in being stupid.

Sea, it's quite apparent  you're entirely wasting your time here.  These people are either NOT READING or NOT UNDERSTANDING, even after MULTIPLE EXPLANATIONS of the honest truth, that CNN had NOTHING TO DO with revealing the 35 page dossier and in fact made a conscious and conscientious decision NOT to air anything except the 100% valid, well-sourced 2-page memo which included NONE of the salacious details BuzzFeed outed.  It's a lost cause, trying to edify those who don't want to know, and "those" would include Donald Trump and his propagandist Conway.

cheers cheers cheers

2seaoat

I will not interact anymore with one person on this forum. It just has become so tedious, but PK is a good person. You only had to see his immediate attempt to help Bob to understand his character. Yes, he banters often in an incoherent manner, but his perspective is important. I might note that it was not lost on me the absolute absence of empathy for Bob's situation by the other poster who I consider a very broken human being. So, I will certainly play in the sandbox with PK because we both know what we are doing, and neither of us take any of this that seriously. Also, I think these are real beliefs, and as much as I always give Pace crap, his beliefs are sincere, and I respect his religious beliefs. I do not want to live in a world of conformity. I loved T and Bob, and at times both of them wanted to literally find me, and kill me.......but in the end after years of playing in the sandbox, you find out what incredible people we have here. There are exceptions, but very few.

CNN did the right thing, and Conway is a most despicable human being. All she needed to do was apologize. Even if it was not true......she could have said it was a confidential briefing and she did not know......but then that would diminish her ego which has lost all moral bounds and standards.

I'm sure you know I like you too seagoat. Not that I'm giving you an inch... but I do like almost every one here.

Ps: you'll know I don't like you if I don't respond to you... lol.

2seaoat

I'm sure you know I like you too seagoat. Not that I'm giving you an inch... but I do like almost every one here.

Or worse.....I would make T stop posting for weeks, and some forum members simply left than banter with me.........but the truth is that without different perspectives life would be terribly boring. Linda be can very angry with me. Joanie and Neko used to get furious with me. Bob and I loved each other, but at times he really would get worked up at me. Folks think Hallmark and I hate each other, but if I said I was hurting and needed his help, he would be the first one there. He understands the purity of advocacy and the fun with the same. No, I was accused of being a Neocon by some of the same people who later would accuse me of being a communist. As Hallmark and I would joke in PM, he used to argue with his dad, and his dad would say......lets change sides on the issue and see how we do. It is the process. life is a very short some things matter and others do not mean a thing. knowing the difference is all that is important.

Markle

Markle

RealLindaL wrote:

CNN gave the LIE LEGS. The basically said "hey, pssst...wanna read some really dirty stuff about President Trump? Here's where you find it. Be sure to forward it EVERYWHERE".

Shameful but sadly not surprising how poor are their ratings.

Admit it, if this had been written about Petulant President Obama, you, and all others would be jumping up and down SCREAMING FOUL demanding BuzzFeed be boycotted and that they be publicly caned or worse! You'd demand the same of CNN.

Please don't even attempt to say otherwise. You know you would, so would I just as I have with President Trump.

Why do you support KNOWN LIES to be published about ANYONE?

2seaoat wrote:I'm sure you know I like you too seagoat. Not that I'm giving you an inch... but I do like almost every one here.

Or worse.....I would make T stop posting for weeks, and some forum members simply left than banter with me.........but the truth is that without different perspectives life would be terribly boring.  Linda be can very angry with me.  Joanie and Neko used to get furious with me.   Bob and I loved each other, but at times he really would get worked up at me.   Folks think Hallmark and I hate each other, but if I said I was hurting and needed his help, he would be the first one there.  He understands the purity of advocacy and the fun with the same.  No, I was accused of being a Neocon by some of the same people who later would accuse me of being a communist.   As Hallmark and I would joke in PM, he used to argue with his dad, and his dad would say......lets change sides on the issue and see how we do.   It is the process.  life is a very short some things matter and others do not mean a thing.  knowing the difference is all that is important.

I'm not sure what that means between you and I... but if you find some comfort... so be it.

RealLindaL

Markle wrote:
RealLindaL wrote:

CNN gave the LIE LEGS.  The basically said "hey, pssst...wanna read some really dirty stuff about President Trump?  Here's where you find it.  Be sure to forward it EVERYWHERE".

Admit it, if this had been written about Petulant President Obama, you, and all others would be jumping up and down SCREAMING FOUL demanding BuzzFeed be boycotted and that they be publicly caned or worse!  You'd demand the same of CNN.

Please don't even attempt to say otherwise.  You know you would, so would I just as I have with President Trump.

Listen with every cell in your brain for a change and just maybe this time you can grasp this:  Neither I nor CNN "supports known lies."   What we DO support is having the American people be as fully informed as possible about the ties -- good or bad, dangerous or not -- between our soon-to-be president and the Russian administration.  

That Russia might be holding (or even just pretending to hold) something over Trump's head is a crucial fact he needs to know, but so do the rest of us need to know it, as we decide which foreign policies of Trump's we will support and which ones we won't, and as we judge in whose best interests Trump is operating.  We do NOT need to know the details of what that "something" is when that something is, as CNN determined and very strongly proclaimed, not verified.  

What WAS verified -- what was absolutely NOT a lie -- was that the intelligence community advised Trump the Russians were acting as though they had blackmailable information on him, something the Putin-loving Trump should think about every time he considers talking about being friendly with that eminently cruel and dangerous leader he likes to call "great."   And that's ALL that CNN reported.  If someone else went beyond that, CNN is simply not to blame, as they are not the keeper of everyone else's journalistic standards.  

If you can't understand that, sir, heaven help you.  I certainly can't.  BuzzFeed is the sleazy component here; CNN took the high road, and you and your ilk are 100% wrong in excoriating them for it.

Oh, and you can take your arrogant presumption about what I would or wouldn't say about ANYTHING and go pound sand; you don't know fuck-all about me.

Telstar

Telstar

RealLindaL wrote:
Markle wrote:
RealLindaL wrote:

CNN gave the LIE LEGS.  The basically said "hey, pssst...wanna read some really dirty stuff about President Trump?  Here's where you find it.  Be sure to forward it EVERYWHERE".

Admit it, if this had been written about Petulant President Obama, you, and all others would be jumping up and down SCREAMING FOUL demanding BuzzFeed be boycotted and that they be publicly caned or worse!  You'd demand the same of CNN.

Please don't even attempt to say otherwise.  You know you would, so would I just as I have with President Trump.

Listen with every cell in your brain for a change and just maybe this time you can grasp this:  Neither I nor CNN "supports known lies."   What we DO support is having the American people be as fully informed as possible about the ties -- good or bad, dangerous or not -- between our soon-to-be president and the Russian administration.  

Does he have a choice between cell #1 and cell #2?   lol!

The wrongful attack of CNN at the press conference - Page 4 Markle33

Markle

Markle

RealLindaL wrote:

That Russia might be holding (or even just pretending to hold) something over Trump's head is a crucial fact he needs to know, but so do the rest of us need to know it, as we decide which foreign policies of Trump's we will support and which ones we won't, and as we judge in whose best interests Trump is operating.  We do NOT need to know the details of what that "something" is when that something is, as CNN determined and very strongly proclaimed, not verified.  

What WAS verified -- what was absolutely NOT a lie -- was that the intelligence community advised Trump the Russians were acting as though they had blackmailable information on him, something the Putin-loving Trump should think about every time he considers talking about being friendly with that eminently cruel and dangerous leader he likes to call "great."   And that's ALL that CNN reported.  If someone else went beyond that, CNN is simply not to blame, as they are not the keeper of everyone else's journalistic standards.  

If you can't understand that, sir, heaven help you.  I certainly can't.  BuzzFeed is the sleazy component here; CNN took the high road, and you and your ilk are 100% wrong in excoriating them for it.

Oh, and you can take your arrogant presumption about what I would or wouldn't say about ANYTHING and go pound sand; you don't know fuck-all about me.

This TOTALLY FALSE narrative had circulated for months. NO OTHER news agency would publish it because NOTHING could be verified. Desperate for ratings as they are now in the sub-basement. CNN ran a story basically saying, hey this flew in through the transom. We don't know where it came from, if anything is true or not but, if you hate Donald Trump as we do, you'll love this piece of fiction.

Defending that behavior as being JOURNALISM is shamless.

That borders on the fiasco Dan Rather caused in the George Bush election.

knothead

knothead

RealLindaL wrote:
Markle wrote:
RealLindaL wrote:

You go Linda . . . . not sure where you (or othershoe) get the energy but I'll have what you are having . . . . . . and make that a double please!
Good post.

knothead

knothead

[quote="PkrBum"]
Markle wrote:

Their job is for them to report and WE decide . . . . pound some sand!

RealLindaL

Markle wrote:
This TOTALLY FALSE narrative had circulated for months.  NO OTHER news agency would publish it because NOTHING could be verified.  Desperate for ratings as they are now in the sub-basement.  CNN ran a story basically saying, hey this flew in through the transom.  We don't know where it came from, if anything is true or not but, if you hate Donald Trump as we do, you'll love this piece of fiction.

Defending that behavior as being JOURNALISM is shamless.

That borders on the fiasco Dan Rather caused in the George Bush election.

You remain hopelessly misinformed, as usual. CNN ran the (TRUE, not FALSE) story of the 2-page summary when they did BECAUSE the information had just been presented to Obama and Trump (in separate security briefings). THAT'S what made it news. Get it??

Further, CNN did NOT SAY they didn't know where the 2 page summary came from (which is the ONLY thing they reported on, NOT the 35 page salacious summary, to repeat for the umpteenth time). Not only did they NOT say they didn't know where it came from but they said where it DID come from -- from very trusted and reliable sources, unlike the dossier which was indeed unsourced and unreliable --WHICH IS WHY THEY DIDN'T PUBLISH THAT.

If you still insist on excoriating CNN from your position of ignorance, be my guest, because I give up trying to educate your infuriatingly hopeless self. Go ahead -- have the last word. You always do, since -- just like your idol Trump -- you can't stand being seen as the loser you are.

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

There's an even larger picture to be considered here too, which we should not lose sight of. It goes to the heart of the whole freedom of the press and reliability issue.

Before digital publishing we had print and radio and some TV reporting. Reporters competed among themselves for breaking news and scoops. They were largely self monitoring by their own editorial boards. There was competing pressure to break the latest news but with the extremely important and constant consideration that their reputation had to be maintained. News sources, as with people, in the long run don't have much more to stand on than their reputations for honesty and fairness.

Apparently the 35 page collection of memos from the MI6 agent had been circulating among news outlets and politicians alike for many months. None of them wanted to publish them because the information could not be verified. When the two page summary and its inclusion in the daily briefings for the president and the president elect was made known, BuzzFeed, as its editor said on the talk shows this morning, felt a need to let the public know what was behind the summary whether or not the information was accurate.

Now it looks as if the incoming administration is attempting to stir up and muddy the waters even more by trying to discredit all press, all information regarding them and their activities. How many times has Trump called the press "dishonest" and other similar names? At rallies on the campaign trail he has led his followers in booing and heckling against the press corps while they were  covering the event. This is a perfect cover and smoke screen for him to hide behind. If the public starts to doubt the authenticity of reports from news organizations then we are truly cut off from observing the workings of our government. To lump all news outlets together with the likes of BuzzFeed is self destructive insanity.

Carried to its extreme if the public completely buys into this idea that "the media" is bad and untrustworthy then what are we left with? It would put the public in the position of just reading tweets or listening to Kellyanne for the news. Of course it won't go that far but to undermine the press as Trump has done is to attempt to cut the legs out from under a very important and absolutely necessary element of our public discourse.

RealLindaL

Excellent post and valid defense of the critical fourth estate in this nation, Othershoe. We had ALL better hope the responsible media don't give up nor the people give up on the media.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum