Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The wrongful attack of CNN at the press conference

+7
Telstar
VectorMan
othershoe1030
dumpcare
knothead
Sal
2seaoat
11 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 5]

2seaoat

CNN never released the substance of the alleged incident of the dossier on President elect Trump. They reported that the dossier was discussed in an intel briefing given to the President and President elect Trump. This was not fake news. This was true news and certainly true, because it appears the leaks of the same have come from the West Wing. The journalistic standard of Buzz feed is appalling. To watch all the President's men and the pain staking attempts to get verified stories before releasing the information in the media was the pinnacle of American journalism. What Buzz feed did is scary and we are in a free fall in regard to mere allegations being posed as news. However, what CNN did was real news, and was sourced and confirmed. The dossier was in fact included in the security briefing at the White House and the one given to President elect Trump. They never reported on the unverified content of that dossier. The response of President elect Trump was self defeating when he isolated a news agency which did NOT publish false news, but in fact reported the truth that there was a dossier, and it involved allegations that the Russians may have compromising information on President elect Trump. That was properly reported news.

Sal

Sal

2seaoat wrote: The journalistic standard of Buzz feed is appalling.  

What's appalling about it?

David Corn reported on the existence on this dossier in October.

It's been percolating around DC for months.

Why should the American public be kept in the dark?

Now, that the dossier has been made public, the BBC has identified four independent sources for claims of Trump/Russia blackmail.

Thank you, Buzzfeed!

knothead

knothead

The larger issue looming here is our President attacking a known and reputable news source in a public forum. It is my hope that the "media" representatives at these events close ranks to protect the sanctity of freedom of the press by refusing to ask their question until the rebuffed journalist has been addressed and answered, period. This behavior must be nipped in the bud lest we allow the formation of a tyrant gets a foothold.

There were several hundred reporters there and cnn already had a question... that cnn reporter was rude and out of line. Not just to the potus elect... but to all of the other media outlets as well.

knothead

knothead

PkrBum wrote:There were several hundred reporters there and cnn already had a question... that cnn reporter was rude and out of line. Not just to the potus elect... but to all of the other media outlets as well.

Wrong pkr . . . . you are smarter than that . . . . speak truth to power and stand up to this tyrant-waiting-to-be-inaugurated . . . .

2seaoat

If the FBI in its investigation, finds that aids or representatives of President elect Trump have communicated about this subject, or actual video emerges showing the content to be true, I agree that Buzz feed should have released the content, but let us just reverse the situation and have it be six years ago that some one suggested that President Obama had done something in Moscow with no proof and this story was released. It will be appalling under any journalistic standard. The fake news which Putin and other fascist have used to undermine President Obama, and Hillary Clinton was a danger to democracy. When the press does not do its job, and any person can start a web blog and call it journalism that information as real news must be taken with caution until there is verification of facts. CNN reported the facts and I would agree that the historic aggressive nature of the White House Press Corps is often rude, it is entirely consistent with the last thirty years, and in fact this same reporter upset President Obama with some pointed questions. A press conference allows the vibrant democracy we have maintained under our constitution to have the full freedom of that press to ask questions and expect answers. There are two separate behaviors by the press here. One is wrong. One is right. The response by President elect Trump was wrong in regard to CNN.

dumpcare

PkrBum wrote:There were several hundred reporters there and cnn already had a question... that cnn reporter was rude and out of line. Not just to the potus elect... but to all of the other media outlets as well.

But trump made an allegation about CNN and he should have let him respond, even Shep Smith on Fox thinks trump violated his 1st amendment rights. And Fox cannot be wrong

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

knothead wrote:The larger issue looming here is our President attacking a known and reputable news source in a public forum. It is my hope that the "media" representatives at these events close ranks to protect the sanctity of freedom of the press by refusing to ask their question until the rebuffed journalist has been addressed and answered, period.  This behavior must be nipped in the bud lest we allow the formation of a tyrant gets a foothold.

Exactly, great post.

I must admit that my first reaction to T's behavior and the press corps response was that what we were seeing was the result of T's history of bullying and intimidation. That was true. However, your point is well taken and supported by comments on Morning Joe. Their view and the view of reporters there was that the press, while they have a need to compete for stories, should have closed ranks and refused to move on until the CNN reporter's question had been answered.

It is no accident that freedom of the press is protected by the first amendment. This is very important and the only way we have of keeping an eye on what our politicians, elected officials, are doing.

He answered a question by a different cnn reporter. There's no practical way to give everyone a turn.

Sal

Sal

but let us just reverse the situation and have it be six years ago that some one suggested that President Obama had done something in Moscow with no proof and this story was released.

Yeah, thank gawd the media refused to run with that fake birther nonsense ...

... oh, wait.

The fake news which Putin and other fascist have used to undermine President Obama, and Hillary Clinton was a danger to democracy.

Again, this is not fake news, it's news.

The dossier has been circulating among the DC decision makers and journalists for months.

It has clearly been informing not only the reporting on this situation, but also the questions that have been publicly raised by legislators.

At some point, the public has a right to know what's driving all of the hubbub.

Buzzfeed stated the allegations were neither proven nor disproven.

So NOW the public deserves to know? Lol... you suck. Expect this to disappear 1/20. See: precedent.

Congratulations comrade... we all lose.

VectorMan

VectorMan

When a supposed "credible" news source shows their bias they no longer have that credibility. CNN has long been a branch of the democrats. No one with a working brain believes them. Trump did good. Take no BS from libtard "journalists".

Trump really got them with the "fake news" comment. LOL

Libtards didn't expect the "fake news" to blow up in their faces. But it did!

Telstar

Telstar

Sal wrote:but let us just reverse the situation and have it be six years ago that some one suggested that President Obama had done something in Moscow with no proof and this story was released.

... oh, wait.

The fake news which Putin and other fascist have used to undermine President Obama, and Hillary Clinton was a danger to democracy.

The dossier has been circulating among the DC decision makers and journalists for months.

It has clearly been informing not only the reporting on this situation, but also the questions that have been publicly raised by legislators.

They deserve a medal for courage. It's easy to believe something like this when the psycho elect brags about shooting people and grabbing the private parts of any young woman he wants. Props to the daughter for saying she would mace him if he tried it on her, but I expect the truth will come out someday that he did try it on her and succeeded. That's probably why his daughter will be in Washington to serve as fake first lady. The daddy and daughter union lives on. Not that it will matter to his supporters, hell they probably have the same relationship with their own children.   Twisted Evil

Last edited by Telstar on 1/12/2017, 2:25 pm; edited 1 time in total

2seaoat

There is no liberal or conservative to confirmed facts. CNN reported on verified and confirmed facts. Buzz feed reported on unsubstantiated facts and allegations. CNN showed no political bias on reporting the facts. Buzz feed most certainly had an agenda, but I think it was self promotion and profit before any political position. President elect Trump showed continuing bad behavior. There was fake news and there was true news, and in his attempt to confuse the two and blame CNN he created Fake News. His behavior was unacceptable, but Putin can kill his opponents, and target civilians, and there is no free press to take him on in Russia. Hopefully, the fascist strains of the campaign will not continue into the presidency, but if this news conference is any indication we may have a huge problem. Thankfully in the senate confirmation hearings senators are standing together to condemn Putin and his thuggish behavior. It is not surprising you accept fascism. History repeats itself.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

I agree with Vector....biased media needs to stop. We need unbiased journalists not entertainers.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Telstar wrote:
Sal wrote:but let us just reverse the situation and have it be six years ago that some one suggested that President Obama had done something in Moscow with no proof and this story was released.

... oh, wait.

They deserve a medal for courage. It's easy to believe something like this when the psycho elect brags about shooting people and grabbing the private parts of any young woman he wants. Props to the daughter for saying she would mace him if he tried it on her, but I expect the truth will come out someday that he did try it on her and succeeded. That's probably why his daughter will be in Washington to serve as fake first lady. The daddy and daughter union lives on. Not that it will matter to his supporters, hell they probably have the same relationship with their own children.   Twisted Evil

Leave it alone.

He's a perv for just writing that post. I hope he doesn't have kids.

Telstar

Telstar

Joanimaroni wrote:
Telstar wrote:

... oh, wait.

Leave it alone.

You know maybe it would be better if you just pretended that I'm Chrissy and kiss my ass on this forum the way you did hers for years. Pucker up.

2seaoat

I would be offended if someone suggested President Bush or President Obama was sexually attracted to their daughters and I certainly am no fan of President elect Trump's conduct, but to involve his adult daughter in such speculation is wrong.

Telstar

Telstar

PkrBum wrote:He's a perv for just writing that post. I hope he doesn't have kids.

So are you her new tag partner ace? Careful or you may end up like her last partner.

2seaoat

You know maybe it would be better if you just pretended that I'm Chrissy and kiss my ass on this forum the way you did hers for years. Pucker up.

I do not understand why any of this is relevant to this thread. We can try to elevate the conversations or we can attempt to go to the lowest common denominator. I enjoy most of your posts and your intelligence, but we do not need another poster like our current spam poster, and posts like the above are as bad as what he has been doing for years.

Sal

Sal

2seaoat wrote:I would be offended if someone suggested President Bush or President Obama was sexually attracted to their daughters and I certainly am no fan of President elect Trump's conduct, but to involve his adult daughter in such speculation is wrong.

It's no longer speculation when Trump has actually said it.

Telstar

Telstar

2seaoat wrote:I would be offended if someone suggested President Bush or President Obama was sexually attracted to their daughters and I certainly am no fan of President elect Trump's conduct, but to involve his adult daughter in such speculation is wrong.

Get set to be offended a lot over the next 4 years. Trump himself opened that door when he talked about dating his daughter. 

The wrongful attack of CNN at the press conference Desper18

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Exactly Seaoat....

Telstar

Telstar

2seaoat wrote:You know maybe it would be better if you just pretended that I'm Chrissy and kiss my ass on this forum the way you did hers for years. Pucker up.

I do not understand why any of this is relevant to this thread.  We can try to elevate the conversations or we can attempt to go to the lowest common denominator.   I enjoy most of your posts and your intelligence, but we do not need another poster like our current spam poster, and posts like the above are as bad as what he has been doing for years.

So.. do you want to start a real poll to have me kicked off the forum? Would it help if i claimed that I sleep with my own sister or is that only okay when creepy conservatives do it? 

**************sad smile************* Twisted Evil

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 5]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum