Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Any predictions before the debate tonight?

+7
knothead
VectorMan
Nekochan
Sal
2seaoat
Margin Call
boards of FL
11 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

boards of FL

boards of FL

I think this is it for the Romney campaign.

boards of FL wrote:I think this is it for the Romney campaign.

In all honesty, I couldn't care less about the debate tonight. I will not watch this one nor any of the remaining ones. I have better ways to spend my time than watching 2 people tell lie after lie after lie for 2 plus hours.

Margin Call

Margin Call

Obama: Things aren't great, but the economy is improving.

Romney: I will send a manned-mission to my ancestral home, planet Kolob.

2seaoat

I was very complimentary of Romney in the initial Republican debates. I said repeatedly that he was the best in the first four or five debates. He is very good. However, when I found out that he had 100 million in a qualified plan.....I snapped.....he is the problem in America....and somehow we nominated this POS through a flawed process. So my prediction is why isn't Johnson on the stage with these two candidates? If you are not going to put all the presidential candidates on the stage, then does this debate even matter. My prediction is that the news media will go into a feeding frenzy looking for mistakes by Mitten the kitten and President Obama.....Fox will show stumble by the President......and the left leaning main street media will show Mitt Stumbling.....but in reality they were able to get Palin off the stage by simply parroting some predetermined lines.....and nothing will change tonight.......these debates do not matter.

Ghost_Rider1 wrote:

In all honesty, I couldn't care less about the debate tonight. I will not watch this one nor any of the remaining ones. I have better ways to spend my time than watching 2 people tell lie after lie after lie for 2 plus hours.

Prediction: There will be a 'debate' that will not truly be a debate...the candidates will not have to opportunity to explain and question each other directly which may actually result in learning real answers and opinions...No moderator should be used to with exception of introducing a question and then allow the candidates to answer or not and allow viewers to make up their minds about the answers given or not...Moderators in recent debates have tended to inject their own opinions and agendas into what and how they ask questions...Second prediction..at the conclusion the COWH's Campaign will say he won...and the Romney Campaign will say he won...Nothing more than an opportunity for a zinger and other short soundbites...

2seaoat

Romney: I will send a manned-mission to my ancestral home, planet Kolob.

That remains a continuing problem in the scriptures.....is Kolob a planet or a star.......manned-mission to a star? Well I guess there are still Cub fans, and folks who think Mitten the Kitten will be president, so heck lets land on a star. What a Face What a Face What a Face

If Romney can avoid foot-in-mouth disease, and BHO can get through without his precious teleprompter and tendency to preach, perhaps we can get a first look at how they handle pressure.

2seaoat

If Romney can avoid foot-in-mouth disease, and BHO can get through without his precious teleprompter and tendency to preach, perhaps we can get a first look at how they handle pressure.

You are going to have to look into a second job at a local comedy club.....we can see how these men handle pressure......I saw Romney get up and support the draft and the war in Viet Nam....and then when he graduates and loses his student deferment.....he runs to a mansion in France for three years to let others die in his place......and then I have this image of the president and staff watching a monitor in real time killing Osama.........hmmmmmm do you really think I care about acting on a debate stage or do you think I care about who these men are......but you are getting smiles out of me this morning, but probably should not quit your day job.

2seaoat wrote:If Roave this image of the president and staff watching a monitor in real time killing Osama.........hmmmmmm do you really think I care about acting on a debate stage or do you think I care about who these men are......but you are getting smiles out of me this morning, but probably should not quit your day job.

Yeah, watching that monitor in "real time" will give anyone the thousand yard stare. Did you screech like this about Clinton dodging the war? So Romney lived in a "mansion" eh, what did it look like?

2seaoat

Sure did. I voted for Bush. He served. I was called a neocon for supporting Bush....I still think he was mostly right and like Obama the scapegoat for failed economic policies which began in the 1980s. Nope, you must be new to the PNJ forum group......I listened to FT call me a neocon for four years.....now somehow I am a big Obama supporter....nope.....I know a POS.......I see the toilet everyday.....I recognize Mitten the kitten.....it just took me a few months to find out who this man is.....and I may have arrived at that destination early.....but most Americans are seeing what I have seen.......and yes Clinton was hammered by me for doing the same thing MItt did.....but the big difference is......how often do you see a CO beating the war drum and supporting the draft....and then running....there has never been a worse presidential candidate in history.

2seaoat wrote:If Romney can avoid foot-in-mouth disease, and BHO can get through without his precious teleprompter and tendency to preach, perhaps we can get a first look at how they handle pressure.

You are going to have to look into a second job at a local comedy club.....we can see how these men handle pressure......I saw Romney get up and support the draft and the war in Viet Nam....and then when he graduates and loses his student deferment.....he runs to a mansion in France for three years to let others die in his place......and then I have this image of the president and staff watching a monitor in real time killing Osama.........hmmmmmm do you really think I care about acting on a debate stage or do you think I care about who these men are......but you are getting smiles out of me this morning, but probably should not quit your day job.

After his student deferment, he received a deferment on religious grounds to do his 2 year missionary work, as required by all Mormons, in France. Muhammad Ali was also a given a religious deferment as was thousands of others. This was no big deal. If that is the only problem that you have with Romney, then you have no problems at all.

nochain wrote:If Romney can avoid foot-in-mouth disease, and BHO can get through without his precious teleprompter and tendency to preach, perhaps we can get a first look at how they handle pressure.

If either candidate is not allowed to spin and actually answer the questions would be AMAZING!...The COWH should for once/first time be held accountable/responsible for his record about the economy...not blaming the Senate which is led by Reid or anyone else...explain why Solyndra and others were given money when the advice was not to...Why hasn't he met with his economic advisors?....Why did he reject the super committee?...And as far as Romney...he's the challenger in this race and he needs to be specific and demonstrate his economic abilities not just saying...former governor...saved olympics etc.,...Both need to deal with the present their own records and furture...

Sal

Sal

Ghost_Rider1 wrote:
After his student deferment, he received a deferment on religious grounds to do his 2 year missionary work, as required by all Mormons, in France. Muhammad Ali was also a given a religious deferment as was thousands of others. This was no big deal. If that is the only problem that you have with Romney, then you have no problems at all.

Did Muhammed Ali attend demonstrations in support of the war?

My problem with Romney is not that he's a chicken. It's that he's a chickenhawk.

2seaoat wrote:S.there has never been a worse presidential candidate in history.

Romney was so far down my list of BHO opponents it is not even funny. If Hillary would have run against BHO I would vote for her instead - I think she could have beaten BHO in the primaries this time around. Be that as it may, the choices are bad and worse. BHO being worse since the proof is in - he is not capable of getting done the things that need to be accomplished to get the economy going. Voting for Johnson is like voting for BHO, a waste of time like trying to prove a moot point to no one.

Sal

Sal

It's desperation time for the Romney campaign.

As a result, he will look even more arrogant, out-of-touch, and unlikeable than usual, especially in the face of the cool, calm, collected, and likeable POTUS.

This does not end well for Willard.

nochain wrote:
2seaoat wrote:S.there has never been a worse presidential candidate in history.

Romney was so far down my list of BHO opponents it is not even funny. If Hillary would have run against BHO I would vote for her instead - I think she could have beaten BHO in the primaries this time around. Be that as it may, the choices are bad and worse. BHO being worse since the proof is in - he is not capable of getting done the things that need to be accomplished to get the economy going. Voting for Johnson is like voting for BHO, a waste of time like trying to prove a moot point to no one.

She's lost most credibility because of working for the COWH and her inability to protect Americans abroad after receiving intelligence reports indicating violent problems on the rise...If you can't do the most important part of your job as Sec of State then you need to go....Just think should a second term be hyjacked..look forward to John Kerry as Sec of State?...Another apeaser and apologizer...

boards of FL

boards of FL

2seaoat wrote:and nothing will change tonight.......these debates do not matter.

Debates usually call for specifics, which Romney has been light on. He isn't going to be able to stand there and talk about bringing leadership to Washington and "We built that!" without being taken to task about specifics on things like taxes, foreign policy, or regulation.

This is where the Romney campaign completely implodes and the swing states shift dramatically to Obama.

Nekochan

Nekochan

I think Romney will be well prepared and he will do well. I watched some of the primary debates and Romney did well in those.
I think we'll hear more of the same from Obama.

VectorMan

VectorMan

Without his trusty teleprompter Obama will be looking and sounding more foolish than usual. Ah, um, ah..............LOL

But seriously! We need to fire the bum!

nochain wrote:If Romney can avoid foot-in-mouth disease, and BHO can get through without his precious teleprompter and tendency to preach, perhaps we can get a first look at how they handle pressure.

You can't be serious? "Perhaps we can get a look at how they handle pressure?" Obama was President for almost 4 years and you're asking to see how he can handle pressure.... from a debate? How idiotic! I can't believe you people!

Nekochan

Nekochan

But Obama hasn't debated anyone in 4 years. And he's never debated Romney.
It will be interesting.

Margin Call

Margin Call

Obama: GM is alive and Osama bin Laden is dead.

Romney: I'm gonna create jobs like I create bank accounts: offshore.

knothead

knothead

Interesting for sure . . . . I expect Willard to be very prepared and deliver some zingers and I expect the President to field those zingers in a dignified manner. If the President does not get flustered and no gaffes by either party then the President will emerge as a win . . . . no movement in the needle. I'm looking forward to it!

Margin Call

Margin Call

Obama: The richest Americans can afford to pay more in taxes.

Romney: As President, I would offer my sympathy to all Americans who are struggling financially...if I had human emotions.

Margin Call

Margin Call

Obama: We should support a woman's right to choose.

Romney: Abortion is wrong. That's why I am proposing the Todd Akin Amendment that will only allow abortions if the woman is not pregnant.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum