Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Tonight we have the second debate

+4
dumpcare
Telstar
ZVUGKTUBM
2seaoat
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Tonight we have the second debate Empty Tonight we have the second debate 10/9/2016, 10:44 am

2seaoat

It does not matter. Trump is broken. The idea that the campaign can put him back together by attacking Bill Clinton is absurd on so many levels. If the strategy is to make Hillary look broken.......well she is not. She certainly is not perfect, and she too has personality defects, but broken......Nope.

So, I pose this question.......when Trump attacks Bill Clinton, what should Hillary's response be? I think it is simple. Bill made mistakes and we have had incredible stress on our marriage because of those mistakes, but Bill is committed to our marriage as I am and our love for each other and our marriage takes courage and there has been no simple answers but we are committed to make our marriage work.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Thanks for the reminder, Seaoat. I don't want to miss it!

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Telstar

Telstar

Dig those tiny hands. LOL

2seaoat

I hate having the debate interfere with my Sunday night tv, but my wife is setting the dvr and we will watch. I get a kick out of how everybody is trying to distance themselves from Trump, which gives only one course......attack Hillary. The absurdity of attacking Hillary on Bill's conduct is laughable......who thinks like that? Hey, moral equivalency by people who claim to be all about family values.......pleassssseeeeee they hypocrisy is so thick that you can cut it with a chainsaw.

dumpcare

Is he sniffing or wheezing as he answer's?

dumpcare

Here it goes, it's opened up now. You can see him getting madder by the second.

Telstar

Telstar

ppaca wrote:Is he sniffing or wheezing as he answer's?

Yes.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

neither... deep breaths through his nose.

Telstar

Telstar

She's got tremendous hate in her heart. Snortttt. LOL

2seaoat

Trump is sounds exactly like me missing my upper left lobe and with four marble size tumors in my lungs.......it is getting worse, and I hope it is just nerves, a reaction to his coke, or sinus issues. My first suggestion is get a new doctor. I want to be able to see him in the next debate. He is too much fun. I cannot believe that people have not been dropping from his campaign. It is incredible that a man so incompetent in the workings of government has pulled this con off.

knothead

knothead

Joanimaroni wrote:

Honestly I think it is an idiosyncrasy.

Telstar

Telstar

Somebody please tell Bob that Bob Schieffer compared tonights debate to Wrestlemania. After they came back from a break they asked for more details about it being Wrestlemania. Bob called it that months ago.

Telstar

Telstar

Here is Bob Schieffer comparing last nights debate to Wrestlemania.

Sal

Sal

Joanimaroni wrote:

Yah ...

... and a bad mic, brah.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

2seaoat wrote:Trump is sounds exactly like me missing my upper left lobe and with four marble size tumors in my lungs.......it is getting worse, and I hope it is just nerves, a reaction to his coke, or sinus issues.  My first suggestion is get a new doctor.  I want to be able to see him in the next debate.   He is too much fun.   I cannot believe that people have not been dropping from his campaign.   It is incredible that a man so incompetent in the workings of government has pulled this con off.

I was mot impressed with either candidate in this debate.

Hillary could have stayed on the issues and delivered a kill-shot against Trump last night. Instead, she seemed to go tit-for-tat with him on attacks on the opponent.

It is very clear now that Donald Trump is clueless on what it takes to be President of the United States. If elected, he fully intends to be just a figurehead who turns the actual ruling of the country over to his appointees. Pence will likely make all real decisions, much like Dick Cheney did with Bush43. only, we did not elect Cheney to be our POTUS.

All Trump did last night was spout Stephen Bannon-inspired Breitbart News wingnut attack points against Clinton. He spoke of nothing of substance, because his campaign isn't composed of any substance.

What Hillary needs to do in the next debate (Oct. 19th) is to stick to the issues and drive a wooden stake into Donald Trump's heart.

RealLindaL

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:
All Trump did last night was spout Stephen Bannon-inspired Breitbart News wingnut attack points against Clinton. He spoke of nothing of substance, because his campaign isn't composed of any substance.[/color]

Agreed 100%.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

The VoteMaster over at electoralvote.com has a most-excellent analysis of last-night's debate, where he declares Clinton the clear winner:

Mud Flies in Nastiest Debate in American History

http://www.electoral-vote.com/evp2016/Pres/Maps/Oct10.html#item-1

Excerpts:

...At various points, Trump described Clinton as "the devil" and someone who "has tremendous hate in her heart." He also promised that, if elected, he would appoint a special prosecutor and that Clinton would "be in jail." Either The Donald is not aware of, or does not care about the implications of threatening to imprison a defeated opponent, in the style of Joseph Stalin, Idi Amin, or a Latin American strongman...

...Once the debate was over, Trump's campaign manager Kellyanne Conway headed to the spin room to declare her candidate the big winner, predicting that many Clinton supporters will be "jumping ship tonight." One hopes that is just spin, because if Conway really believes that, she's either delusional, or setting herself up for disappointment, or both. As noted, Trump wasn't even speaking to moderates, independents, or Clinton voters on Sunday, so even if he had executed his strategy perfectly, he wouldn't have won over any of those people. And Trump did not execute his strategy perfectly—what serves him well at rallies full of true believers does not work well in debates, in the general election, or against Clinton. He lost, and he lost badly. More specifically, the Trump campaign badly needs to put the "Access Hollywood" video in the rearview mirror. Whether or not that is even possible, Sunday night certainly did not advance that goal. The semi-apology/pointing the finger at the Clintons/ISIS harangue is not going to get it done, any more than Clinton's semi-apologies/pointing the finger at Colin Powell solved her email headaches. In fact, one can argue that Trump's treatment of Clinton—which verged on bullying—actually made the problem worse.

This means, then, that Clinton was the clear winner...

RealLindaL

ZVUGKTUBM wrote: In fact, one can argue that Trump's treatment of Clinton—which verged on bullying—actually made the problem worse.

Absolutely. I know I'm not the only one who noticed how Trump followed Clinton around the stage with a scowl on his face, often standing behind her as a threatening, ugly presence. It was positively WEIRD.

Further, you'll note he rarely used her name, most often just referring to Clinton as HER or SHE, in a disparaging tone. More and more of his misogynistic self coming to the surface for all to see. SO transparent!!!!

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

RealLindaL wrote:
ZVUGKTUBM wrote: In fact, one can argue that Trump's treatment of Clinton—which verged on bullying—actually made the problem worse.

Absolutely.  I know I'm not the only one who noticed how Trump followed Clinton around the stage with a scowl on his face, often standing behind her as a threatening, ugly presence.  It was positively WEIRD.  

Further, you'll note he rarely used her name, most often just referring to Clinton as HER or SHE, in a disparaging tone.  More and more of his misogynistic self coming to the surface for all to see.   SO transparent!!!!

Good analogies, Linda. The VoteMaster at electoralvote.com says Clinton would have 352 electoral votes compared to Trump's 186 electoral votes if the election were to be held today. Now, he has even Arizona's and North Carolina's electoral votes going to Hillary. She also takes Florida!

RealLindaL

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:Good analogies, Linda. The VoteMaster at electoralvote.com says Clinton would have 352 electoral votes compared to Trump's 186 electoral votes if the election were to be held today. Now, he has even Arizona's and North Carolina's electoral votes going to Hillary. She also takes Florida!

Very good news and I dearly hope it pans out in November.

I'd also be curious as to what the reputable polls show later this week.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

My wife briefly had local AM 790 on her radio this morning. A right-wing talk show was on, and  the wingnuts in general ate-up last night's debate, declaring Trump the winner, for sure. Call-ins were exuberant in their praise for their tyrant-hopeful.

The trouble is, the extreme right forms a hopeless minority amongst the electorate, so they will be whining for sure by November 9th (the day after the election).

RealLindaL

New NBC/Wall Street Journal Poll taken after the infamous audio but before the debate shows Hillary ahead among all likely voters in a four-person race by 11 points, 46% to 35%.

Telstar

Telstar

RealLindaL wrote:New NBC/Wall Street Journal Poll taken after the infamous audio but before the debate shows Hillary ahead among all likely voters in a four-person race by 11 points, 46% to 35%.

Right on the nose Linda.

Poll: After Trump Tape Revelation, Clinton's Lead Up to Double Digits

As Donald Trump's campaign reels over tapes of the presidential candidate's sexually aggressive comments about women in 2005, the Republican nominee now trails Hillary Clinton by double digits among likely voters, according to a new NBC News/Wall Street Journal poll.

The poll, conducted on Saturday and Sunday but before the second presidential debate, shows Clinton with 46 percent support among likely voters in a four-way matchup, compared to 35 percent for Trump.

And among all registered voters, Clinton's lead is 13 points, her largest advantage over Trump since the poll began testing the pair last September.

As Republicans grapple with how to hold on to control of the House and Senate despite the Trump campaign's woes, Democrats overall now have a seven-point advantage on the question of which party voters want to see in control of Congress.

Forty-nine percent of voters say they'd like to see Democrats in power on Capitol Hill, compared to 42 percent who chose the GOP.

That's up from a three-point advantage for Democrats (48 percent to 45 percent) last month, and it's the largest advantage for Democrats since the October 2009 government shutdown.

Although voters overall are split over the impact of the 2005 tape of Trump describing kissing and touching women's bodies without their consent, less than a quarter of Republicans say that the revelations should be grounds for other GOP Senate and House candidates to drop their backing of Trump (nine percent) or call for him to drop out of the race (14 percent.)

A total of 52 percent of respondents say that the audiotape should be an issue in the campaign, while 42 percent say it should not be an issue.

While 31 percent of voters say Trump's comments about women were "Inappropriate, but typical of how some men talk in private with other men," a larger share - 41 percent - say the remarks were "completely unacceptable."

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/first-read/poll-after-trump-tape-revelation-clinton-s-lead-double-digits-n663691

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum