Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Who will tonight's debate help more, Hillary or Sanders?

+2
2seaoat
Hospital Bob
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Or will it help Joe Biden the most even though he's not even there. lol

2seaoat

Hillary has a great deal to gain, especially with a week to her testimony to the committee, she has a beautiful opportunity to set them up by talking about the political witch hunt......perfect.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Hillary gave her performance of her lifetime. And if that wasn't enough, which it probably was, Sanders gave her the boost of her lifetime.

The latter raises the question which will, or at least should, be debated following the debate (no pun intended).

Which is why this happened? Is it because Sanders and Hillary teamed up to scare Biden out of the race? Is it a signal that Sanders will throw his support behind Hillary and not Biden if it ends up as that?

OR, is it simply Sanders saying what he really believes regardless of the politics of it?

Nah, I'm just too cynical. It's because the set for this thing looked like the set for American Idol. Actually more like the world's most elaborate game show set. And the answers to the questions were just too rehearsed. That too resembles entertainment television, not "news" television.
And there is always stuff going on behind the curtain of show bizness.
So my money's on the cynical. Can't help it.

2seaoat

Bob,
I mean this with all sincerity and honesty.....You needed to use that good mind to read and learn in your lifetime. You just have become so pedestrian when you are quite capable of higher level thought and conceptual understanding. Nobody cares about the emails. The CNN focus group of over 30 independents and Democrats UNANIMOUSLY said the emails and server mean NOTHING. Bernie is sick and tired of your fence sitting where climate change, Wall street, the banksters, the loss of the middle class is somehow balanced by folks like you that there are all these false equivalencies......enough....either start reading or enter this forum prepared to defend your idiotic positions ......american idol.....these folks talked about real issues which are impacting the middle class, and they were speaking the truth.....they were not reading a script to get the oligarchies money. I wish you engaged your brain like you do on 911 and become better informed, or talk about music.....it is less painful than your generalizations and ambivalence as if nothing matters.

Vikingwoman

I liked Sanders. First time I've heard him talk. He gave Hillary a run for her money but I think he's a little old for the presidency.I thought that was his daughter w/ him which turned out to be his wife?
. I liked O'Malley but don't know much about him.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

I could almost stomach Jim Webb and that weenie on the far right end seemed adequate....at least better than Obama.

2seaoat

I think Sanders age is a legitimate concern. Hillary at 67 seems so much more vibrant. However, Sanders is just the most honest politician in both parties....I like this guy....do not agree with him on all issues.....but I could vote for him.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

2seaoat wrote:Bob,
I mean this with all sincerity and honesty.....You needed to use that good mind to read and learn in your lifetime.  You just have become so pedestrian when you are quite capable of higher level thought and conceptual understanding.  Nobody cares about the emails.  The CNN focus group of over 30 independents and Democrats UNANIMOUSLY said the emails and server mean NOTHING.  Bernie is sick and tired of your fence sitting where climate change, Wall street, the banksters, the loss of the middle class is somehow balanced by folks like you that there are all these false equivalencies......enough....either start reading or enter this forum prepared to defend your idiotic positions ......american idol.....these folks talked about real issues which are impacting the middle class, and they were speaking the truth.....they were not reading a script to get the oligarchies money.  I wish you engaged your brain like you do on 911 and become better informed, or talk about music.....it is less painful than your generalizations and ambivalence as if nothing matters.

Seaoat as usual I have no idea what you're on but I want some too.  lol

2seaoat

Seaoat as usual I have no idea

No one will argue.....

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

It was a debate between politicians,  seaoat.  That's all.
Not Jesus delivering a sermon on the mount.  lol

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

Seems the strongest argument Hillary can make for why people should vote for her is because of her gender:

ANDERSON COOPER: Secretary Clinton, how would you not be a third term of President Obama?

CLINTON: Well, I think that’s pretty obvious. I think being the first woman president would be quite a change from the presidents we’ve had up until this point, including President Obama.

Later…

COOPER: Why should Democrats embrace an insider like yourself?

CLINTON: Well, I can’t think of anything more of an outsider than electing the first woman president, but I’m not just running because I would be the first woman president.

2seaoat

Her gender is damn important. My wife could not even participate in sports. They had GAA and she was a great athlete, but women were frowned on to participate. A women in the city I lived as a kid could not tend bar unless they owned the bar in 1960. Not that long ago women could not vote. When my daughter was given a scholarship at Allegheny College which has ties to our founding fathers, women could not have a sorority in the town because more than two non related women living in a house for zoning purposes was considered a brothel. The attacks against planned parenthood were blatant attacks against women. The fact that in 2015 Woman get paid less than men for the same jobs make it abundantly clear that Hillary and her gender are historically important.......Like President Obama's historical performance as the first Black President which provided a role model for kids of color, Hillary will be a role model for little girls all over this country. Gender is damn important.

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

Well, I guess that's her way of pointing out there is a vas deferens between her & the other candidates. Laughing

2seaoat

Hillary Clinton is the best prepared and most experienced candidate running since Ike.

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

2seaoat wrote:Hillary Clinton is the best prepared and most experienced candidate running since Ike.

Who will tonight's debate help more,  Hillary or Sanders? Hillary-Clinton-confused

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

Who will tonight's debate help more,  Hillary or Sanders? Putin-merkel-laughing-hillary-reset-button-137116993159

2seaoat

Hillary Clinton is so much stronger than any of her male challengers that it sends chills down the chauvinist of this country. We will see the same less than subtle photos and woman put downs that we saw with our first Black President. The problem is that our first Black President was an all star, and Hillary is so far above her opponents intellect that she is a powerful intelligent woman, who can lie with the best Presidents in our history.......Nixon, was considered brilliant, but a woman playing Nixon.......show the pictures of woman being weak and confused......nobody laughs at Hillary....she is a machine who will chew you up at your peril to patronize her gender.

Sal

Sal

Bob wrote:
Which is why this happened?  Is it because Sanders and Hillary teamed up to scare Biden out of the race?  Is it a signal that Sanders will throw his support behind Hillary and not Biden if it ends up as that?

OR,  is it simply Sanders saying what he really believes regardless of the politics of it?

Bernie is not a wrastler, Bob.

He plays a different game.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum