Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Russia drafting 150,000 conscripts for Syria

+5
Wordslinger
Sal
TEOTWAWKI
EmeraldGhost
Hospital Bob
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Markle wrote:
Bob wrote:
Markle wrote: our enemies

Buddy,  with this shit nobody has any clue who the enemies and the friends are anymore.  And neither do you.  They're enemies one day and friends the next and back to enemies on the third day.

Russia, Syria, ISIS, Iran, al Qaeda, China, North Korea are NOT our enemies?

I've never laid eyes on a Syrian or an ISIS or a North Korean,  markle,  except for images on television.  They are no more enemies to me than the ones they called "gooks" in 1968 because I'd never laid eyes on one of them either except for images on television.

Yes,  I consider the high monkey monk lunatics who end up being in control of them to be my enemies.  But some of those high monkey muck lunatics we've had over here are my enemies too.

As for Chinese,  I have met some of them.  Smart,  hard-working people.  Mostly smarter than the average Americans.
And I did get to know a Russian.  The son of a good friend went over there and brought her back to be his bride.  Very sweet girl.

Markle

Markle

Salinsky wrote:Yep, and history has come full circle - back to the 1980s when jihad meant war against Russians, not war against Americans.

Thanks, Vlad.

What? Please show us where the definition of Jihad meant war against Russia.

Jihad is an Islamic term referring to the religious duty of Muslims to maintain the religion. In Arabic, the word jihād is a noun meaning "to strive, to apply oneself, to struggle, to persevere." A person engaged in jihad is called a mujahid, the plural of which is mujahideen.

As you know, it was Osama bin Laden who declared a Jihad specifically against the United States.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Besides,  Markle,  who in the world are you to preach about having enemies.
The biggest enemy in life to you aint none of them.  And it aint even the devil.  It's a "semi-retired cowh". lol

Sal

Sal

Markle wrote:

What?  Please show us where the definition of Jihad meant war against Russia.

It was in the 1980s, when Russia was occupying Afghanistan.

You should remember that.

You were only in your 60s then.

Russia drafting 150,000 conscripts for Syria - Page 3 Bonbon-dbfbe36b2ab7e3e46f8bdbc19fcc3ada

Markle

Markle

Bob wrote:
Markle wrote:
Russia will reach a truce with ISIS.  Leave us (Russia) alone and we'll leave you alone.  Burn people alive?  Drown them in cages?  Fine, just stay away from us.

Markle,  I'm so sick of having to hear about the middle east and the people in it ad nauseum for the last 15 years,  that I honestly don't care what happens to ahab the arab anymore.  And son I'm not the only American who feels that way.  Many of us wish we never heard of the middle east except that it makes "persian rugs" like is all we used to have to know about it.  
We're concerned about our country and our people,  not those countries and those people.

Why do you think a populist candidate for president can say "screw Syria" and be leading in the polls after he says it?

I'm sorry you are so narrow minded but not at all surprised. Remember it was the architect of Obamacare, Jonathan Gruber who called anyone who supported Obamacare was stupid.

It also is not surprising to learn that you believe the only thing exported from the Middle East is Persian rugs. How cute.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Markle wrote:

It also is not surprising to learn that you believe the only thing exported from the Middle East is Persian rugs.  How cute.

You never seen to get things quite right, markle. It's only that I WISH that persian rugs were the only thing imported from the middle east. And not 9/11's.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Actually, I take that back. I've seen those persian rugs and I'm satisfied with the chinese made rugs from walmart because they're a lot more for the money.
So I wish NOTHING was imported from the middle east.

Markle

Markle

Salinsky wrote:
Markle wrote:

Russia drafting 150,000 conscripts for Syria - Page 3 Bonbon-dbfbe36b2ab7e3e4f8bdbc19fcc3ada

Here is what you said. "Yep, and history has come full circle - back to the 1980s when jihad meant war against Russians, not war against Americans.

Thanks, Vlad."

Sal

Sal

Markle wrote:
Salinsky wrote:
Markle wrote:

Russia drafting 150,000 conscripts for Syria - Page 3 Bonbon-dbfbe36b2ab7e3e4f8bdbc19fcc3ada

Here is what you said.  "Yep, and history has come full circle - back to the 1980s when jihad meant war against Russians, not war against Americans.

Thanks, Vlad."

Yes.

Good for you, Ol' Man Markle.

Repetitive brain exercises can be good for warding off dementia ...

... to some extent.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Sal, if you don't stop making generalized statements about us geezers, I'm gonna start doing the same about your generation.
And to quote Donald Trump when he turned to Rand Paul at the debate:
"there's a whole lot of subject matter there". lol

Sal

Sal

Bob wrote:Sal,  if you don't stop making generalized statements about us geezers,  I'm gonna start doing the same about your generation.  
And to quote Donald Trump when he turned to Rand Paul at the debate:  
"there's a whole lot of subject matter there".    lol

Have at it, Bob.

I don't understand any of that generational pride shit anyway.

I'm under no delusions that my generation invented music, or sex, or drugs, or art, or demonstrations.

I just know that your generation sucks.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Yeah if you look at our generation Bob it did produce some really awful offspring...lazy, snaky, entitled, whiny assed slobs that can't get out of their Mom's basement...

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Markle wrote:If you recall, President Bush handed over a safe and democratic nation to President Barack Hussein Obama.  From there President Obama has taken us and the world to a far darker place, and a far, far more dangerous world.

Russia drafting 150,000 conscripts for Syria - Page 3 Horses10

Russia drafting 150,000 conscripts for Syria - Page 3 Hooey10

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Liberals always denouncing what they don't agree with and slinging insults.

SIN TACTIC-

Shift the blame
Ignore the facts
Name call

2seaoat

They have taken Crimea and will soon have control of the Ukraine.

What idiocy. You would look a gift horse in the mouth. We backed the insurgency in Ukraine and overthrew a Putin backed puppet. On sixty minutes Putin clearly said we backed that insurgency. Our foreign policy just pickpocket against all of George Kennan's rules of zones of influence 1/3 of the old Soviet Union. There is no way that Russia was not going to take their warm water port in Crimea with the Ukraine no longer under there control. Sanctions kick the crap out of Russia, Western Europe seeks alternatives to Russian natural gas, and Putin has been stumbling around dazed by the President's knock out punch with the coup, and no hard cash to do anything.

During this same period of time, and with plenty of historical precursors, Putin freezes in Syria. He takes a full two years to act on behalf of Russia's client state, because the Rubble had crashed and it takes hard cash to defend a client state, but he saw the humiliation of Russia as millions of Syrians were refugees and the nation state of Syria was teetering on non existence. Again, on Sixty minutes he said he knows who has been behind the insurgency in Syria.....yep....us again, the Israelis, and Saudi Arabia......but during this two year Russian deer in the headlights freeze, President Obama has figured out what his advisors and intelligence have been telling him for years.....Saudi Arabia and Israel are funding ISIS. So a light goes off......hold up making real regime change and destruction of the nation state, hold up on boots on the ground and cries for more resource to get ISIS, Israel comes and talks to Congress about how a deal is bad with Iran.....the last nation state standing between Israel and basically no nation state threat, but simple terrorist affiliated organizations.....Obama says NO....we are doing the deal.....now with the deal there were discussions about Syria, and you can bet we are going to say to son of the dictator we have tried to remove for 40 years has to go, but honestly one more nation state destroyed does not serve humanity's or the United States best interest......so we encourage indirectly Russian involvement which I posted in 2013 was essential to solve Syria.....some of the analysis on this thread is pretty good, but some is idiotic.

We simply need to leave the middle east.....call it cut and run......call it breaking the puppet strings on American foreign policy....we need to go.

Markle

Markle

2seaoat wrote:They have taken Crimea and will soon have control of the Ukraine.

What idiocy.  

We simply need to leave the middle east.....call it cut and run......call it breaking the puppet strings on American foreign policy....we need to go.

How is it good for the United States and the rest of the world with Russia claiming vast portions of the Middle East, the Ukraine and other nations.

Keep in mind, this is a WORLD economy.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Wordslinger wrote:

Dear EmeraldGhost:  You are right on target, kudos!  A very good analysis, and the video is superb.  Roads to Moscow is my alltime favorite folk song from the 80s.  The music and lyrics are superb and describe the Russian character better than anything else I've been exposed to.  The video you present is stupendous.  Thanks very much for linking it here.

Okay, Wordslinger, fire up your Kindle and get ready to read. The following are some excellent books about the Ostfront That I have read in the last 15 months or so. BTW, that was an excellent video!

Stalingrad: The Fateful Siege: 1942-1943
By Antony Beevor
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002UZDTG0?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_d_detailpage_o01_

The Fall of Berlin 1945
By Antony Beevor
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0031TZ9GM?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_d_detailpage_o00_

Beevor’s books are 5-star historical accounts of the Eastern Front from Stalingrad forward. Riveting stories that were intricately researched. I highly recommend both books.

Red Star Airacobra: Memoirs of a Soviet Fighter Ace 1941-45
By Evgeniy Mariinskiy
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005AU15QI?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_d_detailpage_o08_

A memoir from a Soviet fighter pilot.

Over Fields of Fire: Flying the Sturmovik in Action on the Eastern Front 1942-45 (Soviet Memories of War)

By Anna Timofeeva-Egorova
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005ATWROS?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_d_detailpage_o07_

A memoir of a Soviet IL-2 attack bomber pilot, who happened to be female. She had to fight to get posted to a combat squadron, and fought all the way across Europe. In the last days of the war she was shot down and bailed out at a very low altitude, surviving and being captured by the Germans. When the Germans saw that she was a woman, they were perplexed. She was imprisoned and when liberated by her advancing countrymen, they almost imprisoned her for allowing herself to be captured. She stood-up to the NKVD agents who were accusing her, and managed to keep her honor intact. An excellent story.

Red Road From Stalingrad: Recollections of a Soviet Infantryman
By Valsiliy Bryukhov
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00KDJM0VA?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_d_detailpage_o03_

A memoir of a Soviet infantryman who fought the Germans from Stalingrad to Berlin.

Red Army Tank Commander : At War in a T-34 on the Eastern Front
By Valsiliy Bryukhov
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00IU0QRI6?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_d_detailpage_o03_

A memoir from a Soviet tank officer who fought from Stalingrad to Berlin. This gentleman would become a General officer in the post-WWII Soviet Army, and serve to the mid 1980s, so he was one of my Cold War enemies.

After reading all of these books, I developed a newfound respect for the Russians. They are great on the world stage, and were a worthy Cold War foe, as they have proven.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Salinsky wrote:

I just know that your generation sucks.

But,  Sal,  that's the same thing as saying ALL blacks are shiftless and lazy,  ALL hispanics are sneaking across the border to rape women,  all queers are riding on a gay pride parade,  and ALL athiests are idiots.
You just painted everybody in this group (my generation) with the same brush.

I thought you prided yourself on being against prejudice and bigotry.  It looks like you have prejudices just like the folk you rail against.  lol

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Besides, it aint your or my generation which sucks the worst. It's that generation that came after yours and mine both. The goddamn worthless Millennials. I wouldn't give you a plug nickel for the whole lot of those. lol

Bob wrote:Besides,  it aint your or my generation which sucks the worst.  It's that generation that came after yours and mine both.  The goddamn worthless Millennials.  I wouldn't give you a plug nickel for the whole lot of those.   lol

Hey now...don't make me start bragging on my son and daughter. Laughing

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

SheWrites wrote:
Bob wrote:Besides,  it aint your or my generation which sucks the worst.  It's that generation that came after yours and mine both.  The goddamn worthless Millennials.  I wouldn't give you a plug nickel for the whole lot of those.   lol

Hey now...don't make me start bragging on my son and daughter.  Laughing

As my girlfriend is always telling me:  "Bob what are you talking about,  you don't even have any children so keep your trap shut".  lol

Actually I was just using sarcasm to drive a point.  I almost got to hating a generation (Millennials) like Sal hates Boomers.
But then a couple of Millenials crossed my path that broke my stereotype and brought me to my senses.  Just like has always happened whenever I've had a damn stereotype.  I never can avoid it getting broken.  lol

Laughing

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Bob wrote:The goddamn worthless Millennials.  I wouldn't give you a plug nickel for the whole lot of those.   lol

Did you know that the Millenials are our countries' next generation of heroes?

You need to put this book on your Kindle to find out why...

Russia drafting 150,000 conscripts for Syria - Page 3 51s5y411

http://www.amazon.com/Fourth-Turning-William-Strauss-ebook/dp/B001RKFU4I/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1443741307&sr=1-1&keywords=fourth+turning

The authors of this book, published in 1997, compare the Millennial generation to the GI generation that saved the world during the last Fourth Turning (1929-1945). Though they had no way of predicting that 9/11 and the Crash of 2008 would happen, they did predict that the next Fourth Turning would commence during the 00 decade. Looking back, Neil Howe (Strauss has since died) says the current Fourth Turning began with the crash of 2008, and will not end until after 2025 or so. We are in for much more calamity between now and then, if the authors' predictions play out the way they say the will.

Small excerpt:

Millennials will come of age facing debts, tax burdens, and two-tier wage structures that older generations will now declare intolerable. As all these generations enter their Crisis constellation, the Unraveling will have left the government so fiscally overcommitted to sustaining everyone's expectations that initial official responses to these new concerns will lack credibility. Subliminal fears will now become urgent. The Unraveling era's wry acceptance that people might never get much back from Social Security will crystallize into a jolting new fear that everything from Treasury bills to remortgage instruments to mutual funds could become just as suspect.

At the onset of the Great Depression, President Herbert Hoover demanded “a fair chance” for American youth: “If we could have but one generation of properly born, trained, educated, and healthy children,” he predicted, “a thousand other problems of government would vanish.” Events—and young G.I.s—proved him right. The Millennials' time is near. If they play their script well, perhaps the day will come when they sing in unison, as young patriots did in 1776, “The rising world shall sing of us a thousand years to come / And tell our children's children the wonders we have done.”

Howe, Neil; Strauss, William (2009-01-16). The Fourth Turning. Random House, Inc.. Kindle Edition.

2seaoat

How is it good for the United States and the rest of the world with Russia claiming vast portions of the Middle East, the Ukraine and other nations.

Keep in mind, this is a WORLD economy.

Claim......claim.....how is Russia claiming anything in the Middle East. Syria has been a client state of the Soviets and now Russia for over a half century. Please read. In regard to Ukraine, like in Syria, we attempted regime change. We won. Putin lost. He could not let Crimea and Russian naval assets be controlled by western puppets who were antagonistic with Russia. He retook the soviet naval bases and sufficient territory to secure the same.....Everybody understood, but the sanctions were placed on Russia and the Rubble fell to half, and Russia teeters on bankruptcy. Putin like any dictatorship always looks to international tensions to avoid the realities of this cold winter in Russia. This is not complex. We do not need to be in the Middle East. We do not have be a lapdog for Israeli and Saudi Arabia national goals.....like in 1973 we will cover Israel's back, but being used as a pawn for other nation's goals with our children dying and our treasury going down the rabbit hole.....we are done with stupid. We are done with stupid propaganda which tries to make America weak if we do not throw more money down the rabbit hole.....so try to find somebody stupid enough to buy what you are selling......America wants none of it.

Markle

Markle

Bob wrote:
Markle wrote:
Bob wrote:
Markle wrote: our enemies

Buddy,  with this shit nobody has any clue who the enemies and the friends are anymore.  And neither do you.  They're enemies one day and friends the next and back to enemies on the third day.

Russia, Syria, ISIS, Iran, al Qaeda, China, North Korea are NOT our enemies?

I've never laid eyes on a Syrian or an ISIS  or a North Korean,  markle,  except for images on television.  They are no more enemies to me than the ones they called "gooks" in 1968 because I'd never laid eyes on one of them either except for images on television.

Yes,  I consider the high monkey monk lunatics who end up being in control of them to be my enemies.  But some of those high monkey muck lunatics we've had over here are my enemies too.

As for Chinese,  I have met some of them.  Smart,  hard-working people.  Mostly smarter than the average Americans.
And I did get to know a Russian.  The son of a good friend went over there and brought her back to be his bride.  Very sweet girl.

Your anecdotal evidence is as useful as teats on a bull.

Are you enjoying the evening sitting naked in a circle with your friends beating your little tom toms?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum