Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Russia drafting 150,000 conscripts for Syria

+5
Wordslinger
Sal
TEOTWAWKI
EmeraldGhost
Hospital Bob
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

Bob wrote:Whatever happens here, ....

"Whatever happens here .."    What do you thinks gonna happen?

All that's gonna happen here is Assad (with Russian assistance) is going to get control of his country again ... over a lot of dead bodies.

And there's not a damn thing Obama can or will do about it. He's already lost this round in the new cold war.

It'll probably be for the best (unless you're some kind of freedom-fighter or Islamic radical in Syria ... then it could be very bad for you)

Sal

Sal

Russia gets a war in Syria, and we get to pretty much stay out of it, and Putin wins??

That's some serious neocon delusional thinking you have going there.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

And I need to add one more thing to my last post. There are plenty of peons like obamasucks on all sides in this world who believe the only virtue in life is for them to end up face down on the "chessboard" of a politician, a dictator, a king, a terrorist leader or whoever is telling them to do it.
Always have been and always will. It's a neverending story.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

And as popular as that "Pope" is, he's whistling in the wind when it comes to trying to ever change that.

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

Salinsky wrote:Russia gets a war in Syria, and we get to pretty much stay out of it, and Putin wins??

The USA wanted Assad out.  Remember?   That's been our policy for a long time.

So, Assad stays.   Russia keeps their ally on the western Mediterranean coast.  Prospective future Russian allies (dictators) get to see how Russia will back them up if things get desperate.  Russia gets to trade with Iran.  Of course they win.  It's long term geopolitics.

(btw - I'm not advocating we get involved in this whole Russia/Syria thing it, it's too late for that even if we wanted to. I'm just describing what's really going on with this.   I don't view everything through ideologue glasses as some do.)

Last edited by EmeraldGhost on 10/1/2015, 1:53 pm; edited 3 times in total

The "moderate rebels" will probably just run to join up with friends in iraq, yemen, libya... etc.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

EmeraldGhost wrote:ISIS could not stand up to a full scale military onslaught in Syria .... by either the USA or the Russians.

They've only faced the Syrian military (which has been also beleaguered by various other militias, some propped up by the USA) and the pretty much non-existent Iraqi military & a few weak militias in Iraq.

Syria's not as big as Iraq either.

Russia has a simple & clear goal here ... crush the opposition to Assad in Syria (be they ISIS or anyone else) & put him back firmly in control of the country.

I don't think Russia is hitting ISIS.

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

Joanimaroni wrote:

They'll be hitting anyone within Syria that stands against the Assad regime.

I mentioned ISIS in that post because it was in response to an immediately preceding post by 'Bob' about ISIS.

Last edited by EmeraldGhost on 10/1/2015, 2:02 pm; edited 1 time in total

Markle

Markle

Obamasucks wrote:http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3255876/Russia-pouring-gasoline-fire-Syria-s-civil-war-says-America-Putin-defies-West-drops-bombs-non-ISIS-forces-fighting-Assad.html

Iran is moving their troops into Syria in coordination with Russian air attacks. They are expected to be joined soon by Lebanese Hezbollah troops.

The phony deal with Iran has greatly increased the confidence of our enemies.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Joanimaroni wrote:

They didn't yesterday. They avoided that. But their foreign minister is saying they'll crush ISIS along with the rest so I wouldn't count on that "hands off ISIS" strategy lasting very long. And it doesn't matter what their strategy is because ISIS and the rest of those sunni fanatics will be fighting them whether they want that fight or not.

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

Bob wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:

They didn't yesterday.  They avoided that.  But their foreign minister is saying they'll crush ISIS along with the rest so I wouldn't count on that "hands off ISIS" strategy lasting very long.  And it doesn't matter what their strategy is because ISIS and the rest of those sunni fanatics  will be fighting them whether they want that fight or not.  

I only mentioned ISIS in that post quoted by 'joanimaroni' because it was in response to an immediately preceding post by 'Bob' about ISIS.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Markle wrote: our enemies

Buddy,  with this shit nobody has any clue who the enemies and the friends are anymore.  And neither do you.  They're enemies one day and friends the next and back to enemies on the third day.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

EmeraldGhost wrote: 'Bob'

In my case that username is my actual given name. It's the rest of the names around here which need to be put in quotation marks. lol

Markle

Markle

Bob wrote:This is all really good news,  obamasucks.  Putin is turning out to be another George W. Bush.  
I imagine he has a bunch of rooskie "neocon" advisors telling him to go to war first and ask questions later like Bush did.
He and his rooskie "neocons" are gonna learn the hard way what Dick Cheney told us all in 1991..

I think for us to get American military personnel involved in a civil war inside Iraq would literally be a quagmire.
Once we got to Baghdad, what would we do? Who would we put in power? What kind of government would we have? Would it be a Sunni government, a Shi’a government, a Kurdish government? Would it be secular, along the lines of the Ba’ath Party?
Would it be fundamentalist Islamic? I do not think the United States wants to have U.S. military forces accept casualties and accept the responsibility of trying to govern Iraq. I think it makes no sense at all.

Just replace "Iraq" with "Syria" and what you see is a carbon copy of Bush.
Putin will now put his country into the same never-ending clusterfuck in the middle east as Bush put ours in.  If our government (democrats or republicans) had any fucking sense they'd stand down and let him do it.  It will probably lead to some kind of "9/11" directed at Moscow.  

Your showing your desperation coming as a result of the total chaos in the Middle East.

If you recall, President Bush handed over a safe and democratic nation to President Barack Hussein Obama. From there President Obama has taken us and the world to a far darker place, and a far, far more dangerous world.

How will Russia controlling the Middle East benefit anyone in the world...other than Russia? Since we get relatively little of our oil today from the Middle East, to what countries is it sold?

Sal

Sal

Russia is weak internally and internationally.

Engaging in a doomed war in the Middle East will further its isolation.

Putin is holding a losing hand.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Markle wrote:
Bob wrote:This is all really good news,  obamasucks.  Putin is turning out to be another George W. Bush.  
I imagine he has a bunch of rooskie "neocon" advisors telling him to go to war first and ask questions later like Bush did.
He and his rooskie "neocons" are gonna learn the hard way what Dick Cheney told us all in 1991..

I think for us to get American military personnel involved in a civil war inside Iraq would literally be a quagmire.
Once we got to Baghdad, what would we do? Who would we put in power? What kind of government would we have? Would it be a Sunni government, a Shi’a government, a Kurdish government? Would it be secular, along the lines of the Ba’ath Party?
Would it be fundamentalist Islamic? I do not think the United States wants to have U.S. military forces accept casualties and accept the responsibility of trying to govern Iraq. I think it makes no sense at all.

Just replace "Iraq" with "Syria" and what you see is a carbon copy of Bush.
Putin will now put his country into the same never-ending clusterfuck in the middle east as Bush put ours in.  If our government (democrats or republicans) had any fucking sense they'd stand down and let him do it.  It will probably lead to some kind of "9/11" directed at Moscow.  

Your showing your desperation coming as a result of the total chaos in the Middle East.

If you recall, President Bush handed over a safe and democratic nation to President Barack Hussein Obama.  From there President Obama has taken us and the world to a far darker place, and a far, far more dangerous world.

How will Russia controlling the Middle East benefit anyone in the world...other than Russia?  Since we get relatively little of our oil today from the Middle East, to what countries is it sold?

Well first we have to take a look at your premise. How is Russia going to "control the middle east" when it couldn't even control Afghanistan.
You know, the country that's mostly just a bunch of ancient tribesmen.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Russia may be a legitimate "superpower" same as we are.  But it appears many believe Putin has actual "super powers" himself like a comic book superhero.
That those commies running Russia in the past were just a bunch of pushovers who couldn't whip a bunch of tribesmen in Afganistan because they were just casper milktoast peaceniks like Obama.
But Putin is gonna leap tall buildings and fly faster than bullets and put a can of super whuupass on the whole middle east.  lol

Markle

Markle

Salinsky wrote:Russia gets a war in Syria, and we get to pretty much stay out of it, and Putin wins??

Russia is attacking our allies in Syria. Russian air attacks was not on ISIS but rather in the Syrian Rebels stronghold of Homs. For your information, those are two separate areas of Syria.

Russia is intent on expanding and re-establishing their position as a world leader. They have taken Crimea and will soon have control of the Ukraine.

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

Markle wrote:

Russia is attacking our allies in Syria.  Russian air attacks was not on ISIS but rather in the Syrian Rebels stronghold of Homs.  For your information, those are two separate areas of Syria.

Russia is intent on expanding and re-establishing their position as a world leader.  They have taken Crimea and will soon have control of the Ukraine.

Yup .... they'll be hitting ISIS in Syria too. Anybody that get's in their/Assad's way.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Remember,  that bunch of weak pansy commies running Russia whuuped our butt good in Vietnam.  And that was when we had our own larger than life Texas cowboy running the show who cussed even worse than I do.
Now that they have Superman in charge over there,  they should be able to able to whuup up on the mideast AND us and do it all before they sip their vodka at the end of the day.  

So ya'll have changed my mind,  you're probably right.  That's why they call me the "fence-sitter".  lol

Last edited by Bob on 10/1/2015, 2:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

Sal

Sal

Yep, and history has come full circle - back to the 1980s when jihad meant war against Russians, not war against Americans.

Thanks, Vlad.

Markle

Markle

Bob wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:

They didn't yesterday.  They avoided that.  But their foreign minister is saying they'll crush ISIS along with the rest so I wouldn't count on that "hands off ISIS" strategy lasting very long.  And it doesn't matter what their strategy is because ISIS and the rest of those sunni fanatics  will be fighting them whether they want that fight or not.  

Russia will reach a truce with ISIS. Leave us (Russia) alone and we'll leave you alone. Burn people alive? Drown them in cages? Fine, just stay away from us.

Markle

Markle

Bob wrote:
Markle wrote: our enemies

Buddy,  with this shit nobody has any clue who the enemies and the friends are anymore.  And neither do you.  They're enemies one day and friends the next and back to enemies on the third day.

Russia, Syria, ISIS, Iran, al Qaeda, China, North Korea are NOT our enemies?

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Markle wrote:
Russia will reach a truce with ISIS.  Leave us (Russia) alone and we'll leave you alone.  Burn people alive?  Drown them in cages?  Fine, just stay away from us.

Markle, I'm so sick of having to hear about the middle east and the people in it ad nauseum for the last 15 years, that I honestly don't care what happens to ahab the arab anymore. And son I'm not the only American who feels that way. Many of us wish we never heard of the middle east except that it makes "persian rugs" like is all we used to have to know about it.
We're concerned about our country and our people, not those countries and those people.

Why do you think a populist candidate for president can say "screw Syria" and be leading in the polls after he says it?

Markle

Markle

Salinsky wrote:Russia is weak internally and internationally.

Engaging in a doomed war in the Middle East will further its isolation.

Putin is holding a losing hand.

Not in the least. He is supporting Assad of Syria with Iran coming to his assistance. They snuck fighter jets into Syria under our noses. They are not attacking ISIS and will reach an accord with them.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum