Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

This is shaping up to be a Trump vs Biden election

+4
Floridatexan
2seaoat
Sal
Hospital Bob
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

2seaoat

Your stories bring this forum to life. Keep doing it. I wish more had your skills to tell the stories of our youth. I can see you talking to Humphrey and he getting in the car and telling his aides......hey we need to avoid the hallways when leaving a campaign event.....they have crazies in them.....a candidate could get shot.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Anyway, back to the topic at hand.

Salinsky wrote:

Hell, the GOP has spent 40 years programming this army to believe that reality itself is a Liberal conspiracy to be shouted down every time it interrupts the grand vision.

Would that be about like when the Clintons have "programmed their army" into believing that every time they've ever been questioned about anything which "interrupts their grand vision", that it's due to a "vast right-wing conspiracy" (their words, not mine)? lol

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

2seaoat wrote:  I can see you talking to Humphrey and he getting in the car and telling his aides......hey we need to avoid the hallways when leaving a campaign event.....they have crazies in them.....a candidate could get shot.

That could explain what happened later by the time I tried to go to the Dubya rally at the Civic Center.

I'll try to describe that one for you. The closest I could get to the Civic Center was about a quarter mile. For a quarter mile in every direction from it, every street and every alley leading to it literally had dump trucks and other heavy equipment barricading the thing and keeping any car from entering the "Prohibited Zone".
I said to myself, "fuck this, I aint walking no quarter mile just to see that bozo" and headed to the beach.

Sal

Sal

Bob wrote:Anyway,  back to the topic at hand.

Salinsky wrote:

Hell, the GOP has spent 40 years programming this army to believe that reality itself is a Liberal conspiracy to be shouted down every time it interrupts the grand vision.

Would that be about like when the Clintons have "programmed their army" into believing that every time they've ever been questioned about anything which "interrupts their grand vision",  that it's due to a "vast right-wing conspiracy" (their words,  not mine)?  lol

Is this you being an "objective observer" again, Bob?

The universe is carefully divided into conservatives – who are wrong – and libruls – who are somehow, mysteriously and equally wrong all the time and in equal numbers on every issue.

And only the Objective Observer, frolicking along the few lonely yards on his Fenceline of Reasonableness, can see the truth.

Birthsiderism is the most pernicious lie in American politics, and its practitioners are either morally bankrupt or congenital liars or both.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Salinsky wrote:
Bob wrote:

Does it look like this?

http://www.amazon.com/lsp_59991_1-Edmond-Hogge-Presidents-Relations/dp/B009436SPK

Man, that's lame.

You'd think they'd have it where the switch comes out his fly.

The one I had was as you describe, Sal. It may be in the garage. But, yes, the switch was his thingy.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Bob wrote:Let me tell you a little story about why that Hubert Humphrey sign has significance to me.

When Humphrey was running for President in 68,  he came to Pensacola for a rally.  It was held at that motel at the corner of Palafox and Cervantes.  Back then it was called a Rodeway Inn.
A friend and I went down there to see what it was all about.  But the little conference room was overflowing with people when we got there.  So we went to the motel bar which was right down a short hallway which led to the conference room.
Humphrey shows up and gives his stump speech.  And then we see the commotion in the hallway and realize he's exiting the thing.
We walked out to the hallway and there he was on his way out shaking hands with the throng of people in the hallway.
I'd had a couple of beers so was in a good frame of mind.  And when he got to us in the hallway,  I stuck out my hand and introduced myself to him as "Mayor Philpot" and said "welcome to Pensacola,  Mr. Humphrey".

He shook my hand,  and flashed that unforgettable Humphrey grin,  and said "pleased to meet ya".

After a moment and Humphrey had gotten past us,  my friend laughed so hard I thought he was gonna have a seizure.  
Here I was a 19 year old college kid,  and Humphrey must have actually thought I was the frigging mayor of Pensacola.  Or had been.
Maybe it was because Philpot was an ex-mayor,  I honestly didn't know who the mayor was at the time myself.  I just always liked the name "Philpot".
I'll never forget that.  It was one of the proudest moments of my life.  
So now I have that sign in my yard to commemorate the event.  lol

I have neighbors named Philpot, and, if you'll recall, there was a pink motor court by that name on Cervantes where the Bayou Texar boat launch is now.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Salinsky wrote:

Is this you being an "objective observer" again, Bob?

The universe is carefully divided into conservatives – who are wrong – and libruls – who are somehow, mysteriously and equally wrong all the time and in equal numbers on every issue.

Well firstly, now you've conveniently changed the subject.

My reply was in response to you saying republicans and conservatives are claiming that a "liberal" conspiracy is always out to get them.

I responded by pointing out to you that the Clintons do exactly the same thing.

And since you had no reply for that, now you've come back with this cute little retort accusing me of being against everything. lol

No actually, Sal, I'm fer some of the positions liberals take on things and agin others. Just as I'm fer some of the positions conservatives take on things and against others.

What I'M NOT is what Ann Coulter tells me with her toaster quote which is the same thing you're telling me.
I don't have to always be either in one narrow-minded little box or be in the other narrow-minded little box. I can pick and choose from both boxes. And I can go outside both boxes and think for myself.

But I can't do all that and chew gum at the same time. Multi-tasking is not my strong suit. Never has been. lol

Sal

Sal

I was simply and accurately describing Trump's supporters, and it was you who attempted to change the subject, as is your want, by drawing a false equivalency.

It's a cheap, third-rate debate tactic, and all too pervasive in our political discourse today.

It allows circus geeks like Trump to be taken seriously, and not laughed out of the arena of ideas as would be entirely appropriate.

And no, Hillary describing the endless and meaningless investigations from Whitewater to Vince Foster to BENGHAZI!! to emailgate ad nauseum as witch hunts, is not the same thing as a Republican strategy to sow in their base seeds of distrust in science and teachers and intellectuals and math.

It's just not.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Floridatexan wrote:

I have neighbors named Philpot, and, if you'll recall, there was a pink motor court by that name on Cervantes where the Bayou Texar boat launch is now.  

Now that you mention it I do have a vague memory of the Philpot Motor Court, Tex. But I have lost all memory of it being located where that boat launch is.

After reading your post I went to pensapedia to find out when Philpot was mayor and learned his first name was Roy (never knew that till now).

As it turns out, he was mayor from 57-61.

So that solves a mystery for me about the Humphrey thing.
After that went down, I couldn't understand how Humphrey could believe I was the mayor when the actual mayor would have likely already been introduced to Humphrey earlier on that day.
Because, trust me, he reacted to me like he really believed I was the mayor of Pensacola.

But I guess the only explanation could be that, either he thought I was the former mayor, OR he was so goofyfied by having to constantly meet people all day and all night long, that he may have not even known what town he was in. Maybe he thought he was in Mobile or Ft. Walton and I was mayor of Pensacola which was the next town over and he just hadn't got there yet. Who knows.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Salinsky wrote:I was simply and accurately describing Trump's supporters, and it was you who attempted to change the subject, as is your want, by drawing a false equivalency.

It's a cheap, third-rate debate tactic, and all too pervasive in our political discourse today.

It allows circus geeks like Trump to be taken seriously, and not laughed out of the arena of ideas as would be entirely appropriate.

And no, Hillary describing the endless and meaningless investigations from Whitewater to Vince Foster to BENGHAZI!! to emailgate ad nauseum as witch hunts, is not the same thing as a Republican strategy to sow in their base seeds of distrust in science and teachers and intellectuals and math.

It's just not.

This is a good time to explain one of the differences between you and me,  
Sal.

Remember the other day,  when you called bullshit on me because I was ignorant about the federal courts handing down a ruling which took away any authority of the states to enforce the immigration laws?

Do you remember what my response to you on that was?

It was to man up,  admit I was wrong and you were right,  and then to thank you for setting me straight about it.  It was actually verbatim that.

But here's how you operate.

You said republicans/conservatives try to blame their problems on a liberal conspiracy that's out to get them.

My reply called bullshit on that and rightfully so.  Because I pointed out to you that the Clintons do the same goddamn thing.  Hillary's comment about the "vast right-wing conspiracy" is exactly the same thing.

So how do you respond?  You double down on the bullshit and throw out more insults to boot. lol

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

For somebody who so dislikes Donald Trump, Sal, it looks like you and he sure have something in common. lol

Sal

Sal

Bob wrote:

You said republicans/conservatives try to blame their problems on a liberal conspiracy that's out to get them.

That's not what I said.

I said that Trump supporters have been programmed to believe reality (science, math, etc) is a liberal conspiracy.

You can see that in action on this forum on a daily basis.

My reply called bullshit on that and rightfully so.  Because I pointed out to you that the Clintons do the same goddamn thing.  Hillary's comment about the "vast right-wing conspiracy" is exactly the same thing.

So how do you respond?  You double down on the bullshit and throw out more insults to boot.  lol

You want to equate calling fake scandals a conspiracy and calling reality a conspiracy.

That right there is your bullshit, professor.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

"Conservative" conspiracy theories are bullshit. "Liberal" conspiracy theories are reality.

Got it. Now I don't even have to listen to Alex Jones' radio show anymore.
Because now all I have to do is listen to you and reverse whatever it is to know what he thinks.
This is gonna be a time-saver. Maybe with the time saved I can get some work done around here. lol

Sal

Sal

Bob wrote:"Conservative" conspiracy theories are bullshit.  "Liberal" conspiracy theories are reality.  

Got it.

Almost ...

... now remove common denominators (conspiracy theories) from the equation ...

... and TA DA!!

fake scandals = reality

At least, that's how it works in the world of the Objective Observer.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

No, that's how it works, not only in the current world of American politics, but also in the world of religion.

There's a God. And there's a Satan. And anybody who doesn't conform exclusively to one or exclusively to the other, has the IQ of a toaster. lol

But see I like some of God's shit. His shit about the Golden Rule in particular.
But I also like some of Satan's shit too. Like sex, drugs and rock n roll.
So put me down as the toaster.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I have to leave this conversation for now.
Three weeks ago, I lost the only key and fob I have for my Prius.
I've been looking up and down for it since.

But now I'm 3 weeks and 3 days from cranking the vehicle the last time and I don't want to go longer before I do.
So if I can't find those goddamn keys today, I'm gonna have to cough up 250 bucks to get a locksmith to sell and program another fob and key for me.
Gonna give it one last full court press effort and turn this fucking place upside down before I have to pay the money in the morning.

Back to you later.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Oh and one last thing.

I agree with you about this.  For Trump to claim he had the proof that obama was not born in Hawaii,  and then never come forward with anything to back up that claim,  is really very childish.

And one more thing.  If I have to contemplate even one more time the fact that Sarah Palin has attached herself to Trump,  I may have to switch off Trump completely.
I'm just hoping I can keep myself from contemplating on that again.  lol

So I'm not in love with Trump or any other fucking politician.  Right now,  it's just that I'm a little less in love with all the rest of them.  But that could change.

Sal

Sal

Bob wrote:I have to leave this conversation for now.
Three weeks ago,  I lost the only key and fob I have for my Prius.
I've been looking up and down for it since.

But now I'm 3 weeks and 3 days from cranking the vehicle the last time and I don't want to go longer before I do.
So if I can't find those goddamn keys today,  I'm gonna have to cough up 250 bucks to get a locksmith to sell and program another fob and key for me.
Gonna give it one last full court press effort and turn this fucking place upside down before I have to pay the money in the morning.

Back to you later.

Good luck.

Markle

Markle

2seaoat wrote:If anybody thinks a Clinton is out of the race, they forget what happened to Bill in the polls and how he rebounded from the dead.....Hillary is a vampire, and the email show trials is no wooden stake.

Hillary Clinton AND Bernie Sanders...

This is shaping up to be a Trump vs Biden election - Page 3 Hillary%20Burnt%20Toast_zpspz9mwnwz

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I just watched Trump's speech from the deck of the Iowa.
My head is spinning.  He could be Washington or Lincoln or Roosevelt.  He could be Adolph Hitler.  He could be P.T. Barnum.  Or he could even be the greatest professional wrastler who ever lived.  Or maybe even Don Rickles on steroids. I just don't know what to make of this.  It's too bizarre.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

The only thing I know for certain is, he too got deferments to get out of Vietnam. That's an issue close to my heart. So I may become a one-issue voter and vote for him only because of that. No doubt making me be the most retarded son of a bitch in America. lol

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Apparently.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I'll make two predictions at this point.

One, that debate tomorrow night will get a bigger audience than Elvis on the Ed Sullivan Show.

Two, I think this whole thing could come to some kind of climax based on what happens at that debate. I have no idea what exactly will happen and I don't think anyone does, including the candidates.
Just that it's starting to get past the time this whole thing should come to a head. This is a reality tv show, the biggest we'll probably ever see. But it's really more like a movie. And all movies at some point come to a climax.
This could be it. I'm going to Publix now to stock up on beer and snacks. And when I get back of course I'll tune back into CNN. Because today and tomorrow CNN has become like the network which hosts the Superbowl. They've got the pre-game show going full steam trying to get their audience hyped up for it. I've never seen so many talking heads talking about the same thing and every one of them trying to come up with some new angle no talking head has already talked about. With a commercial about every 5 minutes of course. lol

Sal

Sal

You're an idiot, Bob.

Do America a favor, and sit this one out.

Thanks.

by 2seaoat on 9/14/2015, 5:45 pm
If anybody thinks a Clinton is out of the race, they forget what happened to Bill in the polls and how he rebounded from the dead.....Hillary is a vampire, and the email show trials is no wooden stake.
----
Guess you forgot about 2008?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum