Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

This is shaping up to be a Trump vs Biden election

+4
Floridatexan
2seaoat
Sal
Hospital Bob
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Sal

Sal

I think you must be delusional.

Under the Obama administration you received affordable access to health care in your time of need despite your poor choices, and newly found officially sanctioned respect for your sexuality and choice to love whomever you choose ...

... but, you just can't quite see a difference between that and a Romney administration.

Grow up and learn to say, "thank you".

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Bob wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:
Bob wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:
The sad part is you can't seem to see beneath the veneer, even though it's really thin.  He is appealing to some, but for all the wrong reasons.

You make it sound like it's not even actual veneer.  More like vinyl shelf paper designed to look like actual wood veneer.  lol

Whatever it is,  to characterize it as appealing only to "some",  would be like saying McDonalds hamburgers only appeal to "some" too when McDonalds hamburgers are selling better than any other single restaurant product in the world.

You have the same problem seaoat has in one regard,  Tex.  Your partisanship and bias so clouds your thinking that you aren't even capable of making an objective observation.  Not any different than Markle or obamasucks.  I hate to be so blunt about it,  but that just sums your posts up.

Eff off.  You have no idea what you're talking about.  My posts are consistent with my beliefs.  When have you ever known me to lie?  Or even to get behind something or someone I don't believe in?  Answer both those questions, and don't insult my intelligence.  You, on the other hand, are all over the map.  Did you not vote for Romney in the last election?  Hell would freeze over before I would vote for someone like Romney, or Trump, and you already know how I feel about the Bush crime family.

Go back and read the post again.  I'm not questioning your truthfulness,  or questioning that you sincerely believe what you write.  I'm just questioning your fair-mindedness.  And on that count,  I don't see what you write as being any much different than what markle or obamasucks write.  

I voted against Obama.  Just like I voted against McCain.  And before that I voted against Bush trying to get a second term.  And before that I voted against Gore.  I don't remember the last time I voted FOR anyone.  

Like you said about FT........."Your partisanship and bias so clouds your thinking that you aren't even capable of making an objective observation".

You nailed it!

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Salinsky wrote:I think you must be delusional.

Under the Obama administration you received affordable access to health care in your time of need despite your poor choices, and newly found officially sanctioned respect for your sexuality and choice to love whomever you choose ...

... but, you just can't quite see a difference between that and a Romney administration.

Grow up and learn to say, "thank you".

I got one month of the Affordable Health Care Act government subsidized health insurance.
And if I'd had access to that a year earlier,  I wouldn't now be paying off a $10,000 hospital bill at the rate of $200/month until probably all the way to my demise at the rate I'm going.  And that was even though I had been paying that wonderful "free enterprise capitalist" health insurance company $4500 a year for health insurance premiums that paid me nothing.
So yes,  the Affordable Health Care act did save me a few dollars in one month's premium.  

And yes,  Obama has decided to defend the queers.  So have all democrat politicians.  And since I'm bisexual,  yes of course I approve of that.

See,  Tex.  That's what I mean by fair-mindedness.  It's really not that hard to do.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Bob wrote:But this time I may indeed vote FOR Trump.  Why?  Because right now I can't really see how anybody can fuck up this country's government and politics worse than the career politicians have done.   So I'm wishing and hoping this pied piper can deliver.  Probably the same as many other voters are thinking.
I KNOW I can't stomach voting for a continuation of the status quo and the horseshit that's brought with it.  So I'm willing to bet on a longshot that this character might be more than just a blowhard.
You call it sitting on the fence.  I call it taking a risk.

What exactly has Trump proposed as a part of his plan for the USA that attracts you to him as a candidate? I can't imagine what that might be...cannot fathom what attracts you to him. All he's doing is fomenting hatred...he attacks women, Hispanics, China (while he has a factory in China), the President (birther). He claims that he will put all the energy he devoted to his business of enriching himself into the business of enriching the people...and you believe that? Dear God!!! You want to call it taking a risk...I will call it what it is...outright insanity.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I didn't know Trump owned a factory in China.  What's your source for that?
What does he make in his China factory?  I didn't even know he was in the manufacturing business.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Did you get that from the same source who's convinced you Bush blew up the World Trade Center?

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Bob wrote:   Every democrat politician who has ever run for President has told you the same thing.   That he or she is going to "enrich the people".
But sadly,  after they spend careers "enriching the people",  the reality is most of them have done nothing but enrich themselves.

I'm going to show you how to practice fair-mindedness again,  Tex.

I take that back.  While it does apply to most democrat politicians who run for President,  I honestly don't believe that can be said about Bernie Sanders.
I think Sanders is one of those rare cases who is not in this game for his own benefit.  Not to enrich himself anyway.
That's not to say he doesn't have the ego and the desire for the power and the glory like the rest do and that includes Trump as well.   That's a pre-requisite to even being at the level of the game these people are at (this is, afterall, the biggest competitive prize in the world).  It goes with the territory.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Bob wrote:Did you get that from the same source who's convinced you Bush blew up the World Trade Center?

Look it up yourself...I'm going to sleep. You are a dumbass. Good night.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Floridatexan wrote:

Look it up yourself...I'm going to sleep.  You are a dumbass.  Good night.

I admit it, you've inadvertently educated me about something I didn't know.
Probably because this was revealed even before Trump announced his bid for President and frankly I wasn't interested in or paying any attention to Donald Trump before that.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/donald-trump-admits-gear-made-china-labels/story?id=13472355

But Trump does not own a factory in China. The beef is that the Trump branded junk merchandise Trump sells in the gift shop of his skyscraper in Manhattan is mostly made in China. That's because EVERYTHING is now made in China. To make the same crap in America would result in the price of the merchandise being so expensive that nobody would buy it.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Tex,  if you're going to go after Trump for having that china crap in his gift shop,  you might want to look over your own possessions.  If there's anything made in America amongst that,  I guarantee you it's something old.  lol
I have a good amount of made in america shit surrounding me here in my home. But every piece of it was made before 1970.

Sal

Sal

The point being Trump slaps his name on anything that doesn't move fast enough coming in from China and Mexico, and then turns around and accuses those same countries of "stealing our jobs" and claims he's going to fix it.

You're buying a very large and steaming pile of bullshit, and if you look close enough, it probably has Trump's brand emblazoned on it.

This is shaping up to be a Trump vs Biden election - Page 2 11875515_1475906002715489_757869752_n

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Salinsky wrote:The point being Trump slaps his name on anything that doesn't move fast enough coming in from China and Mexico, and then turns around and accuses those same countries of "stealing our jobs" and claims he's going to fix it.

Sal, you and Tex both voted for Clinton who signed a China Trade Agreement and who at the time said "this will create a one-way street of trade FROM the US TO China". So you and Tex really don't have any credibility when you rant about that crap in Trump's gift shop.

But see, I don't fault you for it. Because the sad truth is that the heroic upstanding career politicians like Clinton in BOTH the goddamned political parties all supported that thing. Only people like Ross Perot saw what would result from it and again, the heroic politicians in BOTH the goddamned political parties all then set out to define Perot as being "crazy".

Sal, I haven't wanted to point out the obvious about all this but now I'm going to. For years now I've been all alone here telling you and everybody else how sick to death I am of the conventional politicians in BOTH political parties and how sick to death I am of the whole political narrative. And the only response I've ever received from you and bds and seaoat and others is that I'm just some lone nut who "needs to get off the fence".

Well guess what. Now we see that I'm not all alone on this. There are millions more like me. Get used to it.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Besides, anybody who would buy any of the overpriced junk in some celebrity's gift shop is a fucking moron.  
Nobody is making those morons buy that crap except themselves.  And if I was Trump or any other celebrity (they all exploit this) I'd be peddling that junk to the morons too.

I do buy crap like that all the time. But at 10 cents on the dollar at yard sales after the morons are tired of possessing it. And then I sell it on eBay for a profit to other morons.

boards of FL

boards of FL

Bob wrote:I didn't know Trump owned a factory in China.  What's your source for that?
What does he make in his China factory?  I didn't even know he was in the manufacturing business.

Sal

Sal

Bob wrote:
Well guess what.  Now we see that I'm not all alone on this.  There are millions more like me.  Get used to it.

I'm glad you've found your people, Bob ...

Meet CYCLONE. We'll call him that because he would not tell me his name. He wore a white shirt with faded red and yellow stripes and a bright Iowa State-colored tie. His hair was spiked up with hair gel, and he reeked of booze.

And he was one of the main attractions at the biggest political and athletic event in the state of Iowa this week: a college football tailgate with Donald Trump. Once CYCLONE was done drunkenly harassing a fellow Iowa State fan for "not having a job," I asked him for an interview.

CYCLONE: "NO!"

ME: "Why?"

CYCLONE: "You're a Democrat. I can tell."

ME: "How can you tell?"

CYCLONE: "Because you're wearing a plaid shirt. You're a Democrat, aren't you?"

ME: "Yeah."

CYCLONE: "Yeah, go back to Univision!"

"I like him," I joked.

"I don't," CYCLONE's father replied.

Iowa and Iowa State fans don't get along when this week comes around. But for the other 51 weeks, these are neighbors, co-workers and friends, who often find common ground on politics, even when they can't on football. And the Trump Tailgate did manage to bring some rivals together for the common causes of Trump, for or against.

Meet HAWKEYE. He was more amicable than CYCLONE, but under the advice of his less-drunk friends, he would likewise not tell me his name. He wore an Iowa polo and a signature Trump "Make America Great Again" hat, with a Coors Light in hand. I asked him why he supported Trump, and he gave the standard response: Trump's not politically correct, he's a good businessman, he's not afraid of anyone, etc.

Then he leaned in and said, "To be honest, man, we're just here to get fucked up."

"Tell that scrub to get to the side. We've got Trump coming!" said one guy when Wisconsin governor Scott Walker appeared. Another yelled at the balding candidate about Rogaine. One woman, a self-described Republican, had no idea who Walker was, and the only semi-excited person was a drunk man who told his daughter to shake "Mike Walker's" hand.

There was a small, vocal group of protestors, led mostly by students against Trump. The ever-drunker crowd mocked them more and more. A middle-aged man in a Cyclones shirt to a protestor in non-team clothing:

"You don't support a candidate. You support an idea. An idea can't run. How about Deez Nuts? He comes from Iowa."

"Yeah, that's great," the protestor replied.

About 45 minutes before Trump's scheduled arrival, the crowd had multiplied to quadruple digits. We stood around the Field of Dreams-inspired backdrop for two hours, where increasingly inebriated fans exchanged ideas.

"I love to look at (FOX's Megyn Kelly), but now I see her true inner side."

"I don't (support Trump) at all. I just like trolling people. I'm drunk. I love trolling people."

"I won't vote for him, but I'm gonna shake his hand so I might be on his show some day. What's his show called?"

One drunk fan who nearly fell into Walker and had a "Don't Make A (Democrat Donkey) Out Of Yourself" shirt on.

This shirt:
This is shaping up to be a Trump vs Biden election - Page 2 Screen23

I asked one veteran political reporter from Washington, DC., whether she had ever seen a rally with supporters this drunk.

"Not this early," she said.

The speech lasted less than a minute. It was the most vanilla of any candidate's. It touched on no issues, and he asked no questions, other than whom everyone was cheering for. It was a christening, not a stump speech.

Once he stepped down from his throne, he beelined for a waiting SUV.

"I touched him!" yelled one girl, telling anyone who would listen. Trump actually showed up. To a tailgate basically in his honor. At the Iowa-Iowa State game. To cheer with a bunch of drunk fans.

http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2015/9/13/9316705/donald-trump-iowa-isu-football-game

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

This is one of my favorite possessions. It dances and talks and it's lips move while it tells you how wonderful it is. Got it for two bucks at a yard sale.
If I live long enough, Presidential memorabilia like this tends to appreciate in value. I've bought and sold a ton of it in the past.

This is shaping up to be a Trump vs Biden election - Page 2 Doll110

This is shaping up to be a Trump vs Biden election - Page 2 Doll210

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

And by the way, looks like Sal and bds have now taken a cue from "Waters World". Congrats on that. lol

Yesterday CNN did the same thing. But they edited it to only present the thoughtful people who are Trump supporters.

Shit like this can be anything you want it to be. And that applies to all the rest of the politicians. Do you honestly believe all the Hillary and Obama people are mensas? Gimme a fucking break.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Joanimaroni wrote:
Bob wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:
Bob wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:
The sad part is you can't seem to see beneath the veneer, even though it's really thin.  He is appealing to some, but for all the wrong reasons.

You make it sound like it's not even actual veneer.  More like vinyl shelf paper designed to look like actual wood veneer.  lol

Whatever it is,  to characterize it as appealing only to "some",  would be like saying McDonalds hamburgers only appeal to "some" too when McDonalds hamburgers are selling better than any other single restaurant product in the world.

You have the same problem seaoat has in one regard,  Tex.  Your partisanship and bias so clouds your thinking that you aren't even capable of making an objective observation.  Not any different than Markle or obamasucks.  I hate to be so blunt about it,  but that just sums your posts up.

Eff off.  You have no idea what you're talking about.  My posts are consistent with my beliefs.  When have you ever known me to lie?  Or even to get behind something or someone I don't believe in?  Answer both those questions, and don't insult my intelligence.  You, on the other hand, are all over the map.  Did you not vote for Romney in the last election?  Hell would freeze over before I would vote for someone like Romney, or Trump, and you already know how I feel about the Bush crime family.

Go back and read the post again.  I'm not questioning your truthfulness,  or questioning that you sincerely believe what you write.  I'm just questioning your fair-mindedness.  And on that count,  I don't see what you write as being any much different than what markle or obamasucks write.  

I voted against Obama.  Just like I voted against McCain.  And before that I voted against Bush trying to get a second term.  And before that I voted against Gore.  I don't remember the last time I voted FOR anyone.  

Like you said about FT........."Your partisanship and bias so clouds your thinking that you aren't even capable of making an objective observation".

You nailed it!

No one asked for your opinion, so stuff it.

Sal

Sal

Bob wrote:Do you honestly believe all the Hillary and Obama people are mensas?  Gimme a fucking break.  

Of course not.

But I do believe Trump's support is composed of an angry army of imbecilic Orcs.

Hell, the GOP has spent 40 years programming this army to believe that reality itself is a Liberal conspiracy to be shouted down every time it interrupts the grand vision.

And it's been wildly successful to the point of convincing the bigots and morons to repeatedly commit economic suicide all for the glory of more tax cuts for billionaires.

Now, the Orc army has suddenly realized that its been bamboozled and has turned to attack, not only the hated Liberals, but also their former plutocratic overlords.

It would be funny if it weren't so damaging to our nation.

But, I'm sure the billionaires have well stocked bunkers from where they can watch the show in comfort.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Bob wrote:And by the way,  looks like Sal and bds have now taken a cue from "Waters World".  Congrats on that.  lol

Yesterday CNN did the same thing.  But they edited it to only present the thoughtful people who are Trump supporters.  

Shit like this can be anything you want it to be.  And that applies to all the rest of the politicians.  Do you honestly believe all the Hillary and Obama people are mensas?  Gimme a fucking break.  

I once had a Bill Clinton light switch plate...I'm sure you can imagine that. I don't know what happened to it, though.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Floridatexan wrote:

I once had a Bill Clinton light switch plate...I'm sure you can imagine that.  I don't know what happened to it, though.

Does it look like this?

http://www.amazon.com/lsp_59991_1-Edmond-Hogge-Presidents-Relations/dp/B009436SPK

Twelve bucks. But you might can find one on eBay for less.

The problem with most President memorabilia, which is the same problem with all memorabilia, is that most of it is produced in such quantity that there is always a bigger supply than demand. At least for many years out.
But at some point, might take many years, most of it is thrown out with the rest of the trash. And that's when it begins to appreciate in value. Because then the supply can no longer match the demand.

Right now just for shits and giggles I have these signs sitting atop my bridseed grass. Only because I got them either free (the Sanders and Bush signs) or for next to nothing (the Humphrey sign). As I obtain more I'll put them out there too.
The Humphrey sign would fetch a respectable price. But the Sanders and Bush signs will have to wait. Probably till after I'm dead and gone.

This is shaping up to be a Trump vs Biden election - Page 2 Signs10

During every presidential election campaign, I know people who go to all the different campaign headquarters and load up on all the free campaign crap they'll allow them to walk off with. They then put it all in storage until the future time comes when they can make a buck off it.
I would be doing that too but I'm now too old to wait it out that long. lol

Sal

Sal

Bob wrote:

Does it look like this?

http://www.amazon.com/lsp_59991_1-Edmond-Hogge-Presidents-Relations/dp/B009436SPK

Man, that's lame.

You'd think they'd have it where the switch comes out his fly.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Let me tell you a little story about why that Hubert Humphrey sign has significance to me.

When Humphrey was running for President in 68, he came to Pensacola for a rally. It was held at that motel at the corner of Palafox and Cervantes. Back then it was called a Rodeway Inn.
A friend and I went down there to see what it was all about. But the little conference room was overflowing with people when we got there. So we went to the motel bar which was right down a short hallway which led to the conference room.
Humphrey shows up and gives his stump speech. And then we see the commotion in the hallway and realize he's exiting the thing.
We walked out to the hallway and there he was on his way out shaking hands with the throng of people in the hallway.
I'd had a couple of beers so was in a good frame of mind. And when he got to us in the hallway, I stuck out my hand and introduced myself to him as "Mayor Philpot" and said "welcome to Pensacola, Mr. Humphrey".

He shook my hand, and flashed that unforgettable Humphrey grin, and said "pleased to meet ya".

After a moment and Humphrey had gotten past us, my friend laughed so hard I thought he was gonna have a seizure.
Here I was a 19 year old college kid, and Humphrey must have actually thought I was the frigging mayor of Pensacola. Or had been.
Maybe it was because Philpot was an ex-mayor, I honestly didn't know who the mayor was at the time myself. I just always liked the name "Philpot".
I'll never forget that. It was one of the proudest moments of my life.
So now I have that sign in my yard to commemorate the event. lol

2seaoat

Great story Bob!

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Thanks,  seaoat.  It was a hoot.  

About like shaking hands with Ronald Reagan at his rally at the airport and discovering he had the same theatrical makeup on the back of his hand as he did his face.  Hell,  I coulda been the mayor of pensacola then too but I didn't have enough beer in me.  lol

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum