Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

My take on Trump and the election.

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1My take on Trump and the election. Empty My take on Trump and the election. 11/16/2016, 10:20 am

One must pull back from the election and see how Trump got the vote. How many far right wingers/alt right folks read and depend on Breitbart (Bannon) as the end all to right news? They do have readership and why not go to the people in the media - Breitbart and Fox News to get these votes. Bannon will be around to continue to push the limits so his readership and Trumps voters will stick with him. It was a ballsy move to take on haters and the politically incorrect.

We've already seen Trump back down from his harsh tones - note the 60 Minutes interview with Leslie Stahl. It's always about the votes - say anything to get the vote. Get a base behind you, stay with that base, fire them up and they vote. They appeal to the minds of those who want to say FU to anyone who is not like them. Trump played on that just as Bannon plays on that with Breitbart.

It's disgusting to me and fake. Win at any cost. Say and promise anything.

Already Hillary is nice and the wall may just be a fence.

Trump, as much as I dislike him and did not vote for him, was handled by a campaign that told him what to do and how to do it. He will be surrounded by much the same in the White House. He played the people and won.

The right and alt right love him. They think their ship has come in and yet I think they will be grumbling about him before it's all over.

It will be interesting.

I'm disappointed that a balanced budget Amendment isn't getting traction.

Telstar

Telstar

SheWrites wrote:One must pull back from the election and see how Trump got the vote.  How many far right wingers/alt right folks read and depend on Breitbart (Bannon) as the end all to right news?  They do have readership and why not go to the people in the media - Breitbart and Fox News to get these votes. Bannon will be around to continue to push the limits so his readership and Trumps voters will stick with him. It was a ballsy move to take on haters and the politically incorrect.  

We've already seen Trump back down from his harsh tones - note the 60 Minutes interview with Leslie Stahl.  It's always about the votes - say anything to get the vote.  Get a base behind you, stay with that base, fire them up and they vote.  They appeal to the minds of those who want to say FU to anyone who is not like them.  Trump played on that just as Bannon plays on that with Breitbart.

It's disgusting to me and fake.  Win at any cost.  Say and promise anything.

Already Hillary is nice and the wall may just be a fence.

Trump, as much as I dislike him and did not vote for him, was handled by a campaign that told him what to do and how to do it.  He will be surrounded by much the same in the White House.  He played the people and won.

The right and alt right love him.  They think their ship has come in and yet I think they will be grumbling about him before it's all over.  

It will be interesting.

Bannon doesn't care about public office, he just wants to make money for his racist ragsheet. Trump will run again and so will Pence. Trump will use Bannon like a lightning rod and say that wasn't me, that was Bannon.

boards of FL

boards of FL

The "change election" voters who proclaimed that they were going to "drain the swamp" re-elected 97% of the swamp members back to the swamp. Oh, and they elected an incompetent moron to the oval office.

2seaoat

The "change election" voters who proclaimed that they were going to "drain the swamp" re-elected 97% of the swamp members back to the swamp. Oh, and they elected an incompetent moron to the oval office.

I find it ironic that Cruz spoke about New York values and the Dixiecrats hated Christie and Rudy when they were in the Republican primaries for President, and then the Democrat New Yorker flim flam man sells racism and intolerance to that base, and all those New Yorkers control the Republican Party......just a wee bit ironic......don't you think.

Telstar

Telstar

2seaoat wrote:The "change election" voters who proclaimed that they were going to "drain the swamp" re-elected 97% of the swamp members back to the swamp. Oh, and they elected an incompetent moron to the oval office.

I find it ironic that Cruz spoke about New York values and the Dixiecrats hated Christie and Rudy when they were in the Republican primaries for President, and then the Democrat New Yorker flim flam man sells racism and intolerance to that base, and all those New Yorkers control the Republican Party......just a wee bit ironic......don't you think.

Some types are okay with NY values if they include racism.

boards of FL wrote:The "change election" voters who proclaimed that they were going to "drain the swamp" re-elected 97% of the swamp members back to the swamp.  Oh, and they elected an incompetent moron to the oval office.

Exactly.

Trump told Stahl they basically have to use the lobbyists to get what they need to drain the swamp.

What?

And people voted for him..........

2seaoat wrote:The "change election" voters who proclaimed that they were going to "drain the swamp" re-elected 97% of the swamp members back to the swamp. Oh, and they elected an incompetent moron to the oval office.

Duped by politicians.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

He'll do two terms, and in 2024, the Democrats will retake the Whitehouse, and who knows, they may wrest control of Congress and the Senate by then, too. It just depends on what Trump fails to deliver and how much he pisses off Independents and Democrats during his term.

The far-right should make their hay while they can, because when their chance to lead goes out of reach it will be out of reach for a long period. This their chance to show us what they are made of, and they are going to have to perform rather than just blather about what they feel is wrong about America. The proof will be in the pudding.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:He'll do two terms, and in 2024, the Democrats will retake the Whitehouse, and who knows, they may wrest control of Congress and the Senate by then, too. It just depends on what Trump fails to deliver and how much he pisses off Independents and Democrats during his term.

The far-right should make their hay while they can, because when their chance to lead goes out of reach it will be out of reach for a long period. This their chance to show us what they are made of, and they are going to have to perform rather than just blather about what they feel is wrong about America. The proof will be in the pudding.

For the good of American citizens, all citizens, I hope they have great success. I hope both sides will work for the good of all, not the few.

We shall see.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum