Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Flying the rebel flag on your battered pickup ... why?

+7
Sal
TEOTWAWKI
othershoe1030
Floridatexan
Hospital Bob
2seaoat
Wordslinger
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 6]

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Whoops, I forgot about the George Wallace campaign buttons. lol

2seaoat

I know.....everything is great now.....all that was in our past.....how fricking naive that you cannot see that confederate flags were not being pranced around five years prior, and only began as a direct result of efforts to desegregate America.....which by golly Pensacola was all in......right Bob?

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Have you read some of these anti-obama posts, seaoat.
They hate obama so much that they have him involved in a whole slew of different conspiracies.

It's like you with this dixiecrats and racists thing. You hate them so much your mind starts to envision the same kinds of conspiracies.

It's not healthy for either of you.

2seaoat

different conspiracies.

What fricking conspiracy.....Your George Wallace standing at the school saying no nigras......four bathrooms....two drinking fountains.....and your good old Pensacola street car company with segregated cars and into this world a military base is being forced to desegregate and you think the parade which brought the confederate battle flag of tennessee to a parade in Pensacola in 1950 was about tourists, and that segregation was not an issue......Bob you are in total denial.....your Mayberry parade before this fiction was created in 1950 NEVER had people parading with confederate flags.....NEVER, but old Harry signed an executive order and right in the very same town who would put somebody in jail for riding the wrong street car just magically elevated the confederate battle flag in parades.....yep.....conspiracy or bone chilling stupid denial.

2seaoat

So it is healthy for America to deny xenophobic fear and prejudice, racism, and exploitation.  Yea, Bob your candidate Trump is going to grab folks who were born in the United States......and you think Trump is not appealing to that very thing you deny exists.....keep smoking the funny stuff and pretending that the truth does not exist.....oh, but Seaoat.....there are black kids who watch the parade.....stunning logic.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Flying the rebel flag on your battered pickup ... why? - Page 4 Image10

Hello from Milton

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

Wordslinger wrote:
othershoe1030 wrote:I too have seen trucks on Hwy 90 between Pace and Milton with the Dixie flag flying out the back. Sometimes they have a Dixie, a Stars and Stripes and a black and white POW flag.

Today on Hwy 90 I saw a roadside vendor selling special Dixie flags. The one I was able to make out was the rebel flag and in the middle where the two lines of stars crossed was a huge #3 for Dale Earnhardt Jr.'s nascar number so symbols are getting hijacked by different groups to represent their view of the world, a statement as to who they are.

Rainbow flags, green peace flags, etc. shows where you're coming from. Unfortunately the Dixie flag comes preassembled with its own historic baggage that cannot be dismissed or explained away. You can't just say "its a Southern thang, you just wouldn't understand".That's not accurate unless you want to include slavery as part of that "thang".

The "Dixie" flag with Dale Earnhart's number in the center, does that mean that NASCAR loves slavery and hates blacks?  Or is it just Dale Earnart who does so?

I think it is just a statement of stuff they like, perhaps add a picture of a bottle of beer or some sweet tea?

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

TEOTWAWKI wrote:Flying the rebel flag on your battered pickup ... why? - Page 4 Image10

Hello from Milton

Obviously the asshole who owns this truck can't make up his mind whether he's for or against slavery ....you have to admit that's weird!

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Look, anybody who would fly a full size flag attached to the back of his vehicle, be it a confederate flag, an american flag, a roll tide flag or any other flag is a moron who probably pulls for the two rednecks who gunned down Dennis Harper.
About the only appropriate flag to fly on the back of a vehicle is the red cross flag when you're driving through iraq or afghanistan.

But those white trash crackers flying flags on their cars have nothing whatever in common with this...

Flying the rebel flag on your battered pickup ... why? - Page 4 Sign_a12

Because that's the creators of elevator music (as seaoat refers to it) who played a big part in getting the first southern president in office who really cared about civil rights. And who really cared about treating all people fairly and with respect. And who was elected because people across the country needed a decent human being to replace his asshole predecessors who had come from somewhere OUTSIDE the south.
Go ahead, rewrite history and throw all that out with the little monster who committed mass murder in South Carolina. You're just as fucked up as he is.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Is this what your idea of "racism" is,  seaoat.  Is that what those 200,000 kids in that audience are there for?
These are the original southern hippies,  seaoat.  Are hippies known for fucking racism?  Are you fucking insane?

Flying the rebel flag on your battered pickup ... why? - Page 4 Hqdefault

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

This is the "elevator" music that you say celebrates fucking racism,  seaoat.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

The Allman Brothers were unique in rock and roll. They were all about jazz as well as R&B. Duane Allman was once asked what music he listened to.
His response was "Miles, all I've been listening to for the last year is 'Kind of Blue'."
He worshipped Miles Davis and that LP which many regard as the greatest jazz album ever recorded. Miles Davis was a black man, seaoat.

Listen to his influence in this "elevator music", seaoat...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhXj6VIgJtE

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

Bob wrote:Look,  anybody who would fly a full size flag attached to the back of his vehicle,  be it a confederate flag,  an american flag,  a roll tide flag or any other flag is a moron who probably pulls for the two rednecks who gunned down Dennis Harper.

Well, ya know what ... most those guys weren't flying those flags on the back of their trucks until their history, heritage, and culture came under attack recently.   And most of them, redneck though they may be, don't have a racist bone in their bodies, but they do have a lot of pride in who they are & where they come from.

And by their culture coming under attack, I mean:

Flying the rebel flag on your battered pickup ... why? - Page 4 Sign_a12

Like I said before ... you spit on a group of people like the mainstream media and their race-baiting gadflies have spit on white Southerners of late, some of 'em are gonna spit right back at ya .... in your face.   That's what it's all about.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Wordslinger wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:Flying the rebel flag on your battered pickup ... why? - Page 4 Image10

Hello from Milton

Obviously the asshole who owns this truck can't make up his mind whether he's for or against slavery ....you have to admit that's weird!

As I sat in Hungry Howies I saw the guy walk out to his truck.... it would take a village to kick his ass....

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Nah, teo said that picture was taken in Milton. Milton and Pensacola are definitely not the same.
Milton is where you go to escape the melting pot of the city of Pensacola.
The "pensacola bay area" is a varied place. Where I live in East Hill is almost like living in Greenwich Village compared to Milton. We have Bernie Sanders signs in the yards and artists and musicians and queers living here as well as normal people. But as long as I've lived here I've never encountered a redneck living in East Hill.
To stereotype all of Pensacola as being like Milton is just ignorant. It would be like lumping the Hollywood Hills into Orange County and saying it's all the same place.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Greg Allman wrote this song in the summer of 1967 while they were staying at the Evergreen Motel in Brownsville. The motel is still there now with a different name.
If there are any real P'Coleans still out here, please respect your musical heritage. It's worth respecting.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

One more to sleep on.  And no Vince Gill is not a racist either.  Farthest thing you can get from it.  And by the way,  that's Chuck Leavell on keyboard.
He was simultaneously the keyboard player for both the Allman Brothers Band and the Rolling Stones before the Allman Brothers ended.  Now just the Stones.

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

Bob wrote:Nah,  teo said that picture was taken in Milton.  Milton and Pensacola are definitely not the same.  
Milton is where you go to escape the melting pot of the city of Pensacola.
The "pensacola bay area" is a varied place.  Where I live in East Hill is almost like living in Greenwich Village compared to Milton.  We have Bernie Sanders signs in the yards and artists and musicians and queers living here as well as normal people.  But as long as I've lived here I've never encountered a redneck living in East Hill.  
To stereotype all of Pensacola as being like Milton is just ignorant.  It would be like lumping the Hollywood Hills into Orange County and saying it's all the same place.  

You're not seriously comparing East Hill, Pensacola to Hollywood Hills or Greenwich Village? Laughing Well, why not Austin or SanFran too, then?

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

Hey ... let's ban Joan Baez as well. After all ... was she not glorifying the South's Confederate history with this song?

(btw ... did you hear they took the Confederate flag down in Danville? You'd think they'd have kept it up in memory of Virgil Caine at least?) http://www.wdbj7.com/news/local/southern-virginia/lawsuit-filed-against-city-of-danville-for-removing-confederate-flag/34725608

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

EmeraldGhost wrote:

You're not seriously comparing East Hill, Pensacola to Hollywood Hills or Greenwich Village?   Laughing    Well, why not Austin or SanFran too, then?

I visited two of those four places earlier this year,  and the other two last year.  I spent a week in San Francisco,  a week in Austin,  a week in the Hollywood Hills and surrounding area,  and a day in Greenwich Village.

Yes,  East Hill is to Milton what Greenwich Village is to Staten Island.  What Austin is to those little hick towns west of there in the hill country.  And what the Hollywood Hills is to Anaheim.
As for San Francisco,  no there is really nothing comparable with that because the whole fucking surrounding area is as hippie as the city.  You have to go east from Oakland a little ways into the Central Valley.  THAT is definitely like Milton.  Actually more like rural Alabama.

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

Bob wrote:
As for San Francisco,  no there is really nothing comparable with that because the whole fucking surrounding area is as hippie as the city.  You have to go east from Oakland a little ways into the Central Valley.  THAT is definitely like Milton.  Actually more like rural Alabama.

Haven't been to San Jose or Milpitas lately, have ya?   It's a sea of Asians nowadays.    And Oakland?  lol!  Except for the area immediately surrounding Berkeley, I wouldn't exactly describe as "hippie city."

Hey, didja hear Lousiana LeRoux will be playing the Paradise Grill next Sunday & Tuesday?   I might just have to go check 'em out as it would be kinda a "blast from the past" for me.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

TEOTWAWKI wrote:
Wordslinger wrote:

Hello from Milton

As I sat in Hungry Howies I saw the guy walk out to his truck.... it would take a village to kick his ass....

What for? He wants his ass kicked! Let the little fucker rot. His real problem is he feels insignificant, and he is.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

EmeraldGhost wrote:

Haven't been to San Jose or Milpitas lately, have ya?   It's a sea of Asians nowadays.    And Oakland?  lol!  Except for the area immediately surrounding Berkeley, I wouldn't exactly describe as "hippie city."

No I didn't make it down to Silicon Valley but wanted to just didn't have enough time.  I would be very surprised if it's anything like Milton but if you say so.
Yes I did visit Oakland and no it's not like Milton either.  I was surprised to see what it is.  It's about as industrial and dirty looking as some of the similiar places in the rust belt.

The point was that parts of the Pensacola Bay Area are not like others and the same holds true for other places.

2seaoat

Southern Heritage.....sir what floor would you like?

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Southern California (LA County and Orange County which is now just one enormous contiguous place) vs the Pensacola Bay Area.

The Pensacola Bay Area (Escambia/Santa Rosa) has a population of 450,000.  

LA County/Orange County now has a population of 13 million.  If you add Riverside County on the east,  the total population is more than 15 million.
That's more people packed into one place than the total population of each of 46 states.  And it's the population of three Atlantas.  Or 28 Pensacolas.

Large parts of it are a lot like parts of Pensacola.  And by that I mean strip malls and houses.  EXCEPT unlike Pensacola,  it's all very densely packed together and it just goes on forever.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum