Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Flying the rebel flag on your battered pickup ... why?

+7
Sal
TEOTWAWKI
othershoe1030
Floridatexan
Hospital Bob
2seaoat
Wordslinger
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 6]

Sal

Sal

Bob wrote:For years I used to travel from here to Chicago 3 or 4 times a year and I always had to go through Kentucky.
From the time I hit the border below Bowling Green it was always like entering Deliverance country.  The weirdest toothless looking hicks everywhere.  
I was always so relieved when I could get beyond Louisville and into Indiana.
The place sucks.  It's full of racists and hicks and rednecks.  And really strange ones at that.
I don't blame you for coming to Florida.  I woulda got the hell out of that shithole too.  

Hahahaha ....

.... outside of Jefferson and Fayette counties that's a pretty damn accurate description.

Just don't ask me to dismiss it and pretend it's Mayberry.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Most people don't get so giddy over hating their hometown, Sal.

I feel sorry for you. I love my adopted hometown. I don't even know that much about my birth hometown. Been there only twice since I was college age. Nothing against it, just don't know it.

Sal

Sal

Bob wrote:Most people don't get so giddy over hating their hometown,  Sal.

I feel sorry for you.  I love my adopted hometown.  I don't even know that much about my birth hometown.  Been there only twice since I was college age.  Nothing against it,  just don't know it.

Louisville is a great town.

I'm just honest and secure enough to acknowledge its flaws.

You will almost always find Louisville on the lists of most livable cities.

I've never met anyone who moved there from elsewhere and regretted it.

I'll move back someday and work to make it an even better place.

Until sal comes to terms with his responsibility for killing jesus, killing lincoln, enslaving blacks, eugenics, and nazis... etc.

Don't expect much honest reflection.

Sal

Sal

PkrBum wrote:Until sal comes to terms with his responsibility for killing jesus, killing lincoln, enslaving blacks, eugenics, and nazis... etc.

Honest reflection?

You were born on third base and want to talk to us about natural selection.

Get a grip.

knothead

knothead

I am one who is more nostalgic then giddy Bob but make no mistake I still feel a connection to that little piss ant town . . . . . . . as Bruce Springsteen says "It's My Home Town". If I allow myself to reflect on the reality of what it is today it is certainly a sad commentary played out in small towns across the nation. Where we once had a thriving downtown area, we had of course a community bank, a post office, three restaurants, a pool hall, fruit store five neighborhood grocery stores (my Mom & Dad had one) and other things like service stations that cleaned your windshield, checked your oil and the air pressure . . . . . . this after my Dad barking to put in $5 of 'regular'. The changes in demographics, the kids not returning, the big box stores . . . . a myriad of things have brought little towns like mine to their knees but hey it's capitalism at it worse or best choose your poison. It was a special time for myself, of course there were only 28 in my Senior class but one became the President of the University of Kentucky so our teachers were dialed in to excellence. It just brings back so many memories, some good some bad, but all in all I wouldn't swap that upbringing with anyone! So if I sound a tad giddy forgive me Bob!

Salinsky wrote:
PkrBum wrote:Until sal comes to terms with his responsibility for killing jesus, killing lincoln, enslaving blacks, eugenics, and nazis... etc.

Honest reflection?

You were born on third base and want to talk to us about natural selection.

Get a grip.

Pffft... I moved out before I was sixteen. Didn't talk to a family member for two years. I finished high school on my own... I got a scholarship on my own. I never asked anything from anybody. I decided to work hard. I lived in ghetto dumps. Fuck you.

Sal

Sal

PkrBum wrote:

Pffft... I moved out before I was sixteen. Didn't talk to a family member for two years. I finished high school on my own... I got a scholarship on my own. I never asked anything from anybody. I decided to work hard. I lived in ghetto dumps. Fuck you.

Good job, white boy.

I could go on... I had my mustang totaled a month after I moved out while I was putting gas in it.

I rode my bike forty miles a day to finish high school, sports till 4, 5, or 6 & work till 11pm, and get home at midnight to start again at 6am. I got hurt in the first football exhibition my senior year. I missed a week of work and school. I rode that bike and crutched around for six months. I wasn't even whole the next spring... I couldn't really cover the court in singles. I still made the state semis in doubles. I walked onto a division one team... and started as a doubles fill in. Still with only a partial scholarship I worked till eleven the first semester. I wound up number two in singles and one in dubs before the year end tournaments. I don't do excuses.

Sal

Sal

Your harrowing tales of struggling to make a collegiate tennis team as a Midwestern white boy are truly inspiring, random internet guy.

How you overcame the institutional and systemic advantages afforded you is exhilarating.

I was very stupid the first year out in hs. I would often blow my paycheck. I often went a week or more subsisting on oatmeal... I didn't even have the pinch of salt. I don't need anything from an asshole like you. I don't need anything from anybody.

I guess that puts me in the 1%.

Sal

Sal

If only the travails of the white, Midwestern, tennis boy could be put into verse, it might take up an entire paragraph.

A pathetically, self-absorbed and entirely devoid of introspection paragraph of butthurt.

Salinsky wrote:If only the travails of the white, Midwestern, tennis boy could be put into verse, it might take up an entire paragraph.

A pathetically, self-absorbed and entirely devoid of introspection paragraph of butthurt.

I'm a Texan asshole.

Sal

Sal

Even worse.

Sal

Sal

I love this place.

It's so fucking funny.

Lol... says the kentucky boy from the most racist state in the nation. You are personally responsible for it all.

I had been able to say that since my return to the great state of Florida I had no sightings of a rebel flag flying on a battered pickup.

So what did I encounter this morning?  A LOUD pickup truck, not in bad shape, AL tag, and a big tattered flag flying from the bed of the truck.

It was the epitome of stereotypical.  Loud, driving fast while weaving in and out of traffic, only thing missing was a horn playing Dixie a la Dukes of Hazard.

Definitely bringing attention to himself.

All other drivers on their way to work and school. Doing what normal people do.  Yet this one... Mad

boards of FL

boards of FL

Take a drive out to Milton. Not only will you see battered trucks with rebel flags, you'll also see run down homes with rusted out cars filling the lawns and rebel flags everywhere.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

SheWrites wrote:I had been able to say that since my return to the great state of Florida I had no sightings of a rebel flag flying on a battered pickup.

So what did I encounter this morning?   A LOUD pickup truck, not in bad shape, AL tag, and a big tattered flag flying from the bed of the truck.

It was the epitome of stereotypical.  Loud, driving fast while weaving in and out of traffic, only thing missing was a horn playing Dixie a la Dukes of Hazard.

All other drivers on their way to work and school. Doing what normal people do.  Yet this one... Mad

As I stated earlier here, I've seen a half dozen pickups parading down highway 90 with flags. Some are just the rebel flag, others with a rebel and American flag, and yesterday I saw a young black man in a battered pickup, parading the American flag. Yessirree sir, this is indeed a bastion of racist conflict! Again, I'd really like to know what the dudes with the rebel flags are trying to communicate -- they hate blacks and miss slavery? They're "proud" of their southern heritage (including slavery)? Or are they the remnants of southern sore losers of the civil war? I'd really like to know ...

Wordslinger wrote:
SheWrites wrote:I had been able to say that since my return to the great state of Florida I had no sightings of a rebel flag flying on a battered pickup.

So what did I encounter this morning?   A LOUD pickup truck, not in bad shape, AL tag, and a big tattered flag flying from the bed of the truck.

As I stated earlier here, I've seen a half dozen pickups parading down highway 90 with flags.  Some are just the rebel flag, others with a rebel and American flag, and yesterday I saw a young black man in a battered pickup, parading the American flag.  Yessirree sir, this is indeed a bastion of racist conflict!  Again, I'd really like to know what the dudes with the rebel flags are trying to communicate -- they hate blacks and miss slavery?  They're "proud" of their southern heritage (including slavery)? Or are they the remnants of southern sore losers of the civil war?  I'd really like to know ...

The driving behavior of this guy had "I'll do what I damn well please" written all over it.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum