Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Flying the rebel flag on your battered pickup ... why?

+7
Sal
TEOTWAWKI
othershoe1030
Floridatexan
Hospital Bob
2seaoat
Wordslinger
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 6]

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

EmeraldGhost wrote:
Bob wrote:Look,  anybody who would fly a full size flag attached to the back of his vehicle,  be it a confederate flag,  an american flag,  a roll tide flag or any other flag is a moron who probably pulls for the two rednecks who gunned down Dennis Harper.

Well, ya know what ... most those guys weren't flying those flags on the back of their trucks until their history, heritage, and culture came under attack recently.   And most of them, redneck though they may be, don't have a racist bone in their bodies, but they do have a lot of pride in who they are & where they come from.

And by their culture coming under attack, I mean:

Flying the rebel flag on your battered pickup ... why? - Page 5 Sign_a12

Like I said before ... you spit on a group of people like the mainstream media and their race-baiting gadflies have spit on white Southerners of late, some of 'em are gonna spit right back at ya .... in your face.   That's what it's all about.

Nine people were killed in that church in SC, nine people who had done nothing to deserve it, and Southern Caucasians are under attack. Right on.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Bob wrote:Nah,  teo said that picture was taken in Milton.  Milton and Pensacola are definitely not the same.  
Milton is where you go to escape the melting pot of the city of Pensacola.
The "pensacola bay area" is a varied place.  Where I live in East Hill is almost like living in Greenwich Village compared to Milton.  We have Bernie Sanders signs in the yards and artists and musicians and queers living here as well as normal people.  But as long as I've lived here I've never encountered a redneck living in East Hill.  
To stereotype all of Pensacola as being like Milton is just ignorant.  It would be like lumping the Hollywood Hills into Orange County and saying it's all the same place.  

My daughter was living in East Hill in 2010...she was in her yard with her daughter...then age 2. A woman on a bicycle drove by and yelled the "N" word. Too bad I wasn't there. Just because it's not usually that overt doesn't mean it's nonexistent.

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

Floridatexan wrote:

My daughter was living in East Hill in 2010...she was in her yard with her daughter...then age 2.  A woman on a bicycle drove by and yelled the "N" word.  Too bad I wasn't there.  Just because it's not usually that overt doesn't mean it's nonexistent.  

Why? What would you have done?

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

Floridatexan wrote: ....

Nine people were killed in that church in SC, nine people who had done nothing to deserve it, and Southern Caucasians are under attack.  Right on.    

Dylan roof decided to adopt an extreme racist ideology because he was a pill-popper; a failure in life; a failure at being a hip-hop wigger (did you know he was that before he decided to become a white-supremacist?); and .... 'cause the girl of his desire chose a black man instead of him. (there's also some indications he may have had a homosexual encounter or two with a black friend and sometimes roommate ... which may have caused him a lot of internal angst/confusion)

Dylan Roof did not decide to kill those people because there was a Confederate flag flying (appropriately) at the Confederate war memorial in South Carolina.   That flag had nothing whatsoever to do with his actions.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

EmeraldGhost wrote:

Nine people were killed in that church in SC, nine people who had done nothing to deserve it, and Southern Caucasians are under attack.  Right on.    

Dylan roof decided to adopt an extreme racist ideology because he was a pill-popper; a failure in life; a failure at being a hip-hop wigger (did you know he was that before he decided to become a white-supremacist?); and .... 'cause the girl of his desire chose a black man instead of him.   (there's also some indications he may have had a homosexual encounter or two with a black friend and sometimes roommate ... which may have caused him a lot of internal angst/confusion)

Dylan Roof did not decide to kill those people because there was a Confederate flag flying (appropriately) at the Confederate war memorial in South Carolina.   That flag had nothing whatsoever to do with his actions.

Dylan Roof was celebrating the Ku Klux Klan creating the Pensacola Fiesta of Five Flags. He wanted desperately to come to the parade which has lynchings and cross burnings. But he didn't have two nickels to rub together to get to Pensacola, so he did the next logical thing and became a racist serial killer.
The Fiesta of Five Flags needs to go. That's the only way we can combat racist serial killers. It inspires them.

Floridatexan wrote:
EmeraldGhost wrote:
Bob wrote:Look,  anybody who would fly a full size flag attached to the back of his vehicle,  be it a confederate flag,  an american flag,  a roll tide flag or any other flag is a moron who probably pulls for the two rednecks who gunned down Dennis Harper.

Well, ya know what ... most those guys weren't flying those flags on the back of their trucks until their history, heritage, and culture came under attack recently.   And most of them, redneck though they may be, don't have a racist bone in their bodies, but they do have a lot of pride in who they are & where they come from.

And by their culture coming under attack, I mean:

Flying the rebel flag on your battered pickup ... why? - Page 5 Sign_a12

Like I said before ... you spit on a group of people like the mainstream media and their race-baiting gadflies have spit on white Southerners of late, some of 'em are gonna spit right back at ya .... in your face.   That's what it's all about.

Nine people were killed in that church in SC, nine people who had done nothing to deserve it, and Southern Caucasians are under attack. Right on.

That nutcase should've never been allowed to buy a gun under our current gun control laws.

http://www.politico.com/story/2015/07/dylann-roof-gun-background-check-failed-fbi-119961.html

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Bob wrote:
EmeraldGhost wrote:

Dylan roof decided to adopt an extreme racist ideology because he was a pill-popper; a failure in life; a failure at being a hip-hop wigger (did you know he was that before he decided to become a white-supremacist?); and .... 'cause the girl of his desire chose a black man instead of him.   (there's also some indications he may have had a homosexual encounter or two with a black friend and sometimes roommate ... which may have caused him a lot of internal angst/confusion)

Dylan Roof was celebrating the Ku Klux Klan creating the Pensacola Fiesta of Five Flags.  He wanted desperately to come to the parade which has lynchings and cross burnings.  But he didn't have two nickels to rub together to get to Pensacola,  so he did the next logical thing and became a racist serial killer.
The Fiesta of Five Flags needs to go.  That's the only way we can combat racist serial killers.  It inspires them.

Please show me one black face in the Fiesta Court.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Floridatexan wrote:

Please show me one black face in the Fiesta Court.

I imagine they are all lily white. But I wouldn't know the Fiesta Court from the customers at Walmart. I'm not part of anything around here except the yard sale regulars which definitely are represented by every race and nationality.
And all the Fiesta is to me is the downtown parade. And that is equally attended by all races and nationalites.
And I can tell you this. If you've never attended the parade, you would be in for a treat. It's thousands of blacks and whites and Vietnamese and Mexicans and others all having a good time and all getting along. Lots of families and lots of kids, and most of them African Americans.

So don't tell me the Fiesta is about racism. Not the Fiesta I know.

Sal

Sal

Bob wrote:

I imagine they are all lily white.

Why would you imagine that?

It seems to me that if most the attendees are African-Americans, it would follow naturally that African-Americans would be represented in the court as well.

Unless, something is amiss .....

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Salinsky wrote:
Bob wrote:

It seems to me that if most the attendees are African-Americans, it would follow naturally that African-Americans would be represented in the court as well.

Most of the attendees TO THE PARADES are either African Americans or white trash like me.
We couldn't care less about who is on the "Court".  That's just white society crap. Nobody wants to be on any fucking Court except the local versions of the same "stiffs" Trump talks about.

Sal

Sal

Bob wrote:
Most of the attendees TO THE PARADES are either African Americans or white trash like me.
We couldn't care less about who is on the "Court".  That's just white society crap.

And, there you have P'Cola in all its glory.

Naw, nothing wrong with any of that.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Salinsky wrote:
Bob wrote:
We couldn't care less about who is on the "Court".  That's just white society crap.

And, there you have P'Cola in all its glory.

Naw, nothing wrong with any of that.

Yea and I'm sure Louisville is a lot different. I can just see all those white Kentucky Colonels in that court. lol

But what matters is this. Pensacola is not like one of those yankee towns like Ferguson.
Blacks have full representation on the city council equal to their portion of the population.

Sal

Sal

Bob wrote:

Yea and I'm sure Louisville is a lot different.  I can just see all those white Kentucky Colonels in that court.  lol

But what matters is this.  Pensacola is not like one of those yankee towns like Ferguson.
Blacks have full representation on the city council equal to their portion of the population.

Unlike you, I'm not defending or denying my hometown's problems regarding race, nor am I glorifying its racist past.

So, why do you keep bringing it up?

Salinsky wrote:
Bob wrote:

Yea and I'm sure Louisville is a lot different.  I can just see all those white Kentucky Colonels in that court.  lol

But what matters is this.  Pensacola is not like one of those yankee towns like Ferguson.

Unlike you, I'm not defending or denying my hometown's problems regarding race, nor am I glorifying its racist past.

Because you're responsible for it obviously... just like you are for slavery, segregation, eugenics, jim crow... etc.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Bob wrote:
Salinsky wrote:
Bob wrote:

We couldn't care less about who is on the "Court".  That's just white society crap.  Nobody wants to be on any fucking Court except the local versions of the same "stiffs" Trump talks about.

For years I never missed it, Bob. My FIL had a camper van which was parked on the route, so the family & friends could watch the parade and my kids could see their "Papa" on one of the floats...and of course catch some goodies. He was a member of the "Court" one year. After the parade, my husband would drive his parents to the Bayfront Auditorium for their "ball", take the van home, and go back to pick them up at midnight.

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

Bob wrote:
EmeraldGhost wrote:

Dylan Roof was celebrating the Ku Klux Klan creating the Pensacola Fiesta of Five Flags.  He wanted desperately to come to the parade which has lynchings and cross burnings.  But he didn't have two nickels to rub together to get to Pensacola,  so he did the next logical thing and became a racist serial killer.
The Fiesta of Five Flags needs to go.  That's the only way we can combat racist serial killers.  It inspires them.

Check your phone Bob, and keep it close. MSNBC may be calling to offer you a job.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Salinsky wrote:

Buddy you gotta be kidding me with this.

You and seaoat and others keep trashing the place I've called home for most of my life.  It's backward,  it's racist, it's redneck is all I hear out of all of you.  When you've never even fucking been here.
And now you're little feelings are hurt and you get all defensive and shit when two posts point out that shithole you came from is no paradise.
You preach all this racism shit.  When you're bigoted against a place you've never even been to.
Give me a fucking break.

And seaoat?  Hell he's even ashamed to tell us where he's from.  I give you credit for at least admitting you came from that kentucky shithole.  lol

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

For years I used to travel from here to Chicago 3 or 4 times a year and I always had to go through Kentucky.
From the time I hit the border below Bowling Green it was always like entering Deliverance country.  The weirdest toothless looking hicks everywhere.  
I was always so relieved when I could get beyond Louisville and into Indiana.
The place sucks.  It's full of racists and hicks and rednecks.  And really strange ones at that.
I don't blame you for coming to Florida. I woulda got the hell out of that shithole too.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

But when you go back up "home", pick me up a couple cartons of cigarettes.
Cheap cigarettes is all that place is good for.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Seaoats from Mississippi I think...

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

TEOTWAWKI wrote:Seaoats from Mississippi I think...

Are you shitting me?  And he's bitching about the racism in Pensacola?  

That's the funniest thing I've ever heard.  lol

2seaoat

seaoat and others keep trashing the place I've called home for most of my life

Not true....I was going to sell in Santa Rosa and move to downtown Pensacola. However, I had no illusions.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

2seaoat wrote:seaoat and others keep trashing the place I've called home for most of my life

Not true....I was going to sell in Santa Rosa and move to downtown Pensacola.  However, I had no illusions.

Good move.   Downtown Pensacola,  East Hill,  North Hill,  all of it is nothing but racists everywhere you look.  Especially during Fiesta. You wouldn't like it so stay away.

2seaoat

bird seed back yards....yea you have a point

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Those birds are all racists too, seaoat. Stay away.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum