Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Flying the rebel flag on your battered pickup ... why?

+7
Sal
TEOTWAWKI
othershoe1030
Floridatexan
Hospital Bob
2seaoat
Wordslinger
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 6]

2seaoat

Still no answer........I thought so.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

TEOTWAWKI wrote:http://advancepensacola.com/the-city-of-five-flags/

Our history helps define Pensacola.  It doesn’t make us who we are, but it demonstrates the challenges people have faced here since 1559.  We should be proud of our history and our ability to deal with the turmoil created by five different governments.  We are unique in many ways.  As the oldest European settlement in America, we have a long and rich history.  This should be reflected in the motto of our city.  This motto should be codified so that the governing body has a say in the process.

About that part there in bold red fonts. That's another example of the "creative stuff" they came up with to lure the tourists.
Some of that creative stuff was true, like the "five flags" thing. But, unfortunately, some of it was not.

Sal

Sal

Why in the world would a city want to celebrate and glorify its participation in a treasonous and FAILED secessionist rebellion?

Friggin' losers.

boards of FL

boards of FL

http://www.pnj.com/story/news/2015/06/25/city-pensacola-remove-confederate-flag/29284051/

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

2seaoat wrote:Still no answer........I thought so.

Man you really are common sense challenged. With that little sentence you just shot down your whole argument.

The reason there is NO ANSWER, is because when you do a google search to get the answer, nobody living here or anywhere else has ever asked the question, let alone provided an answer.
Don't you get it. Nobody cares.

Again, for the common sense challenged, it's the HISTORICAL EVENT itself which matters. NOT whenever the politicians at the time wanted to "officially recognize" it.

Telstar

Telstar

Just be happy they wave their flag out in the open and do your best to avoid them.

2seaoat

No Bob....there is an answer.  Try the 1950s and take a guess why?

Salinsky wrote:Why in the world would a city want to celebrate and glorify its participation in a treasonous and FAILED secessionist rebellion?

Friggin' losers.

It's a simple matter of fact... that gives the city that moniker. Gawd what a fucking asshole you are.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Actually the dispute I'm having with you here, seaoat, exactly mirrors the beef I have with the local big wigs about "the first settlement" thing.

They have as little concern for the actual historical events as you do. All they care about is it's "officially true" so that's it and we're sticking to our story.
In your case it's even worse because you even need a goddamn date for that too. lol

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

2seaoat wrote:No Bob....there is an answer.  Try the 1950s and take a guess why?

I already guessed it in an earlier post, seaoat, so try to keep up.

I said it was shortly after the war (that was the 1950's). And I said it was because it was during that period that the local leaders started coming up with stuff to help the city cash in on it's history.

So what is your reason?

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

PkrBum wrote:
Salinsky wrote:Why in the world would a city want to celebrate and glorify its participation in a treasonous and FAILED secessionist rebellion?

Friggin' losers.

It's a simple matter of fact... that gives the city that moniker. Gawd what a fucking asshole you are.

I second that..motion carried.....Sooo Sal....

.Flying the rebel flag on your battered pickup ... why? - Page 3 L_c44a64c22d0e4a66abc7bb5cb832725e

2seaoat

In 1948, President Harry S. Truman's Executive Order 9981 ordered the integration of the armed forces shortly after World War II, a major advance in civil rights.[4] Using the Executive Order meant that Truman could bypass Congress. Representatives of the Solid South, all white Democrats, would likely have stonewalled related legislation.

Are you getting a clue yet.....

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Most all the local tourism promotion came after the war.  That's when they put the plans to develop the barrier island into high gear.  There was all of a sudden a lot of money to be made from promoting the place for tourism.  And the historical angle was a natural addition to that.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

2seaoat wrote:In 1948, President Harry S. Truman's Executive Order 9981 ordered the integration of the armed forces shortly after World War II, a major advance in civil rights.[4] Using the Executive Order meant that Truman could bypass Congress. Representatives of the Solid South, all white Democrats, would likely have stonewalled related legislation.

Are you getting a clue yet.....

Huh? So if I can try to think like your twisted mind does, are you telling me that integrating the armed forces is what made the locals want to have a "city of five flags"? That the "five flags" thing was a backlash to that?

Jesus fucking crimminy. You just can't make this shit up. If I ever tried to use seaoat's ideas as a source for comedy writing, the audience would never buy it. lol

2seaoat

Really, they desegregate the military starting in 1948 and suddenly Pensacola has a parade celebrating the five flags in 1950 in a military town, which one now is the Tennessee battle flag and you think it was about tourism......now that is funny.   Meanwhile across the south confederate flags are going up over government buildings and you think this historical event was for tourism too Bob....splendid.  I do respect your relation with your neighbors, but really you are blind to what was going on in your own home town.

2seaoat

Do you realize it took the feds to finally integrate the Escambia County jail....and this was a couple of years ago.....how fricking blind do you have to be......parades start in 1950 flying the confederate flag in a military town which is desegregating under an executive order and you cannot see the trees for the forest.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Flying the rebel flag on your battered pickup ... why? - Page 3 ?u=http%3A%2F%2Fsd.keepcalm-o-matic.co.uk%2Fi%2Ftoxic-people-warning-keep-calm

CAREFUL BOB....

Sal

Sal

PkrBum wrote:

Friggin' losers.

It's a simple matter of fact...

In a thread brimming with wrong answers, this is the wrongest.

Congratulations.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I know about the pre-civil rights period everywhere in the south, seaoat. I lived during it.

But yes the "five flags", the fiesta, the "first city", all of it was conceived to promote tourism and economic development in general.
NOT RACISM. You've become so absolutely obsessed with racism that it's like listening to somebody put jesus into every conversation. Except your religion is racism not jesus.

2seaoat

http://www.pnj.com/story/life/2015/05/15/fiesta-five-flags-fun-begin/27000795/

Tourism as a reason to parade the traitors flag when sailors were pouring into Pensacola with equal rights....yea I get the story line bob, and the literacy tests were to stop stupid people from voting.......

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

2seaoat wrote:http://www.pnj.com/story/life/2015/05/15/fiesta-five-flags-fun-begin/27000795/

Tourism as a reason to parade the traitors flag when sailors were pouring into Pensacola with equal rights....yea I get the story line bob, and the literacy tests were to stop stupid people from voting.......

I think you must be doing this like teo does me on the "controlled demolition" thing.
He's just trying to yank my chain like you are.  Because nobody in his right mind could actually believe this kind of idiocy.

2seaoat

Tell me Bob, when Fort Pickens stood with the American Flag on Santa Rosa Island and the mouth of the port, how did Pensacola get this other flag.   Tell me Bob how many people marched in Parades in 1945 with Confederate flags......So with a simple made up chit the confederate flag could be marched through a military town sending a clear message to a desegregating military base.....we still be haters........and I am the one who could write a sketch......don't tell me about tourism when blacks were segregated in your fricking jail until five years ago.....blind Bob....totally blind.  At the same time this tourist event was going on confederate flags were being raised all over the South.....the five flags tradition and the Fiesta parade is a bullchit racist attempt to legitimize hate.  You might actually be this naive.....but the folks who founded the parade were not.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

2seaoat wrote:the five flags tradition and the Fiesta parade is a bullchit racist attempt to legitimize hate. 

Well it sure did backfire. Because the annual Fiesta of Five Flaqs parades are enjoyed mainly by black people. And me and the three other white people I go with (and we never miss the parade).
I can't wait to tell all those kids, including my friend's 23 year old Down Syndrome son who anticipates that parade happening a year in advance, that the whole thing symbolizes fucking racism and hate.

Buddy, I've seen you write some ridiculous stuff on this forum, but this one takes the cake.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Hold your panties, seaoat. I want to take a picture of something in the room I'm in for you to see. Back in a minute.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

See this, seaoat. All those beads on that thing came from the fiesta parade. And so did the joe scarborough hat it's wearing.

That thing is near and dear to me (whatever it is). And if there was anything attached to it that had to do with racism in any way, shape or form, I'd already burned it in the chiminea outside.

Flying the rebel flag on your battered pickup ... why? - Page 3 Manneq10

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum