Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

What do Sal, Tex, Seaoat and Bds think about "Kate's Law"

+6
Sal
nadalfan
Vikingwoman
TEOTWAWKI
2seaoat
Hospital Bob
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 5]

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

You might as well fess up to the whole thing, tex. You know you took that wine in there because there might be a muslim in there and you just wanted to flaunt it in front of him.
I call that a hate crime.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Look, the wonderful people who've accidentally murdered others, all came here to make life better for themselves.
But you don't have any excuse, tex. you were already here.

Sal

Sal

You're really rather silly today, Bob.

I just don't think that good people should face mass incarceration for five years for looking for work, because a career criminal who should never have been on the streets killed a woman in an isolated incident.

Your hatred is glaringly evident, and your fear is palpable.

2seaoat

But you have NEVER written even one post to express any feeling at all for the people who get their lives snuffed out or all the people whose lives are ruined because of it.

Because of what Bob?  Because of your racist myth and predisposition to fear brown people?  People who speak Spanish in a Restaurant?  Bob besides not being a fricking walking scardy cat, I was blessed by innate intelligence and compassion for people who I celebrate in my short journey.  You my friend will always be afraid, and I can never understand your fear having not walked in your shoes, but your lack of intelligence on this thread is inexcusable.

Anti-immigrant activists and politicians are fond of relying upon anecdotes to support their oft-repeated claim that immigrants, especially undocumented immigrants, are dangerous criminals. This mythical claim is usually based on rhetorical sleight of hand in which individual stories of heinous crimes committed by immigrants are presented as “proof” that we must restrict immigration or “get tough” on the undocumented in order to save the lives of U.S. citizens. While these kinds of arguments are emotionally powerful, they are intellectually dishonest. There is no doubt that dangerous criminals must be punished, and that immigrants who are dangerous criminals should not be allowed to enter the United States or should be deported if they already are here. But harsh immigration policies are not effective in fighting crime because—as numerous studies over the past [url=http://www.immigrationpolicy.org/sites/default/files/docs/Imm Criminality %28ipc%29.pdf#page=14]100 years[/url] have shown—immigrants are less likely to commit crimes or be behind bars than the native-born, and high rates of immigration are not associated with higher rates of crime. This holds true for both legal immigrants and the undocumented, regardless of their country of origin or level of education.

http://www.immigrationpolicy.org/just-facts/anecdotes-evidence-setting-record-straight-immigrants-and-crime-0

2seaoat wrote:Anti-immigrant activists

Anti illegal alien immigration... get a clue poindexter. No one here is against our immigration system... the most generous and liberal in the world historically and contemporarily. And save your overstayed visa deflection.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Snark Spigot wrote:You're really rather silly today, Bob.

I just don't think that good people should face mass incarceration for five years for looking for work, because a career criminal who should never have been on the streets killed a woman in an isolated incident.

Your hatred is glaringly evident, and your fear is palpable.

The last sentence in this post is just more of the same old Joseph Goebbels/Seaoat technique of repeating a lie so many times that it replaces the truth,  Sal.  I've already responded to seaoat so many times on that one that I really don't want to waste my breath on one of his copycats.  Besides,  you don't put the same feeling he does into explaining that everything there is is caused by racism like he can.  
It's like watching Huckabee attempt to be a Trump wannabe.  It just aint ready for primetime.  You and Huckabee need to keep your day jobs and not try to top seaoat and trump.  Not gonna happen.  lol

But you do raise a valid point with the first part of your post.
Let's assume that what you're implying is correct.  That this person is the one and only illegal immigrant who ever murdered anyone.
So how about this for a compromise.  I'll keep pushing real hard for the legalization of marijuana like I always have.  And if that can be accomplished, then no one will ever be put in jail or deported ever again for that reason alone.
So here's my question to you.  When we're no longer putting anybody in jail for pot,  what would be the kind of crime which would justify deporting one of these wonderful folk?   Would assault or rape be enough?  Would they need to have committed a prior murder?  What exactly?
And once deported,  would you let them come right back in after that so they could go on about making a wonderful life for themselves?

Sal

Sal

Bob wrote:what would be the kind of crime which would justify deporting one of these wonderful folk?   Would assault or rape be enough?  Would they need to have committed a prior murder?  What exactly?
And once deported,  would you let them come right back in after that so they could go on about making a wonderful life for themselves?

What in the hell are you spewing about now?

They are BEING DEPORTED.

The guy who committed this horrific and senseless crime was DEPORTED FIVE TIMES.

I'm perfectly fine with draconian sentences for anyone who commits a violent crime, is deported, and reenters.

You don't even know what the fuck you're talking about.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

2seaoat wrote:But you have NEVER written even one post to express any feeling at all for the people who get their lives snuffed out or all the people whose lives are ruined because of it.[/b]

Because of what Bob?  Because of your racist myth and predisposition to fear brown people?

No actually I wouldn't expect you to have any of those feelings because of a fear of anything.
You don't sympathize with a person who is brutally murdered and those who will have to live with it,  some for the rest of their lives;  you don't have feelings for and sympathize with those people because of a fear of something.  
You do that when you try to put your selfishness aside and think about what it would be like if it was your wife or your daughter who had been one of these victims.  That has nothing whatever to do with fear.  It has everything to do with a human emotion we call empathy.  
Sadly,  that's not something you've ever learned about.  You've apparently been too distracted by political correctness.  And I mean the kind of sick twisted political correctness that has completely taken over your mind.
I don't fear or hate your kind,  seaoat.  To be truthful,  more than anything I feel sorry for you.

Last edited by Bob on 7/27/2015, 1:28 pm; edited 1 time in total

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Snark Spigot wrote:
Bob wrote:what would be the kind of crime which would justify deporting one of these wonderful folk?   Would assault or rape be enough?  Would they need to have committed a prior murder?  What exactly?

What in the hell are you spewing about now?

They are BEING DEPORTED.

You don't even know what the fuck you're talking about.

Well no actually they aren't, Sal. That's part of the problem. But we already went over that so from now on at least try to keep up.

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavlich/2015/06/15/121-illegal-aliens-charges-with-murder-released-avoid-deportation-n2012746

Sal

Sal

I've posted about this here before but it bears repeating ...

My son attends a high school that is 75% hispanic.

Many, if not most, of the kids with whom he goes to school are the children of undocumented workers.

These people are some of the most decent, hard-working, law-abiding, tax-paying, family-oriented people I've ever known.

That you think these people, who are as American as anyone you've ever met, should face five years in prison for the crime of building a life here because some scofflaw POS killed a woman in San Fran is deeply offensive.

Despicable.

Fuck you.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Seaoat,  did you just skip over reading what I said yesterday about Obama and his trip to visit the Kenyans?
If I was anything like how you keep trying to define me,  why would I ever say such a thing as that.
Why would anyone who is an actual racist ever say such a thing like that?
I promise you the actual racists reading this forum would put me in a lower category even than you for saying such things.
Are you so out of it that you just don't get that.

2seaoat

How about a simple answer.  Pass the Bipartisan Senate bill and quit the hysterics.  We need secure borders, but I can tell you with certainty I went through multiple stops and checks crossing the Mexican border, and canoed across the Canadian border untouched or challenged.  The senate bill increased security at our borders, addressed overstayed visas(a bigger problem than the southern border), and gave a path to citizenship to undocumented immigrants.  This is simply in the end an intelligence question.  Do we try to deport tens of millions of undocumented folks or penalize, collect taxes, and bring these folks into the economy while making it more difficult to enter this country without documentation.   I can listen to fear and harebrained solutions, but in the end we can only pray that courageous Americans will do the right thing....pass the senate bill and stop the hate and fear being used for political manipulation.  Mayberry is gone Bob......that warm cozy security blanket of your youth is gone....it really never existed.   America was born from immigrants and it will continue to thrive from immigration......documentation and quotas was and remains at its core pandering to fear, prejudice, and hate.   Immigration fuels economic growth and whether documented or not is nothing more than a citation violation and not the capital murder that the xenophobes attempt to define the problem....a simple traffic ticket violation.....improper lane change.

boards of FL

boards of FL

Just to clarify, do you support this proposed law, Bob?

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Bob wrote:Look,  the wonderful people who've accidentally murdered others,  all came here to make life better for themselves.  
But you don't have any excuse,  tex.  you were already here.

I don't need one...and I'm not going to apologize for my heritage and my ancestry, which is about as Anglo-Saxon as it gets...but here's the funny part, and maybe you'll get it...I always refer to myself as a "Texican".

Sal

Sal

2seaoat wrote:Do we try to deport tens of millions of undocumented folks

Republicans say, "yes".

By 56-42, Americans support developing a plan to legalize undocumented immigrants over stopping their flow and deporting those already here. Independents agree by 58-39, and moderates by 59-40.

But Republicans favor stopping the flow of undocumenteds and deporting those already here by 63-34. So do conservatives, by 55-43. “Those already here,” of course, amount to some 11 million people.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/plum-line/wp/2015/07/27/morning-plum-big-majority-of-gop-voters-favors-mass-deportation-poll-finds/

These people are completely delusional.

No wonder Trump is leading the pack.

What would the deportation of 11 million people cost?

What would that even look like?

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

boards of FL wrote:Just to clarify, do you support this proposed law, Bob?

Probably not.  It's no different from the drug laws or the gun laws.  It probably won't prevent much of anything.  People are gonna have drugs,  people are gonna have guns,  and deportees are gonna sneak back in and get away with it regardless.  The sad reality is none of these kinds of laws ever accomplish much of anything.  It just drives all of it a little further underground.

2seaoat

Are you so out of it that you just don't get that.

I play poker.  I observe patterns in players.  I am neither out of it or do not get it.  You ask my opinion.  I gave it.  You are easily frightened and seek safety over liberty.  I did not grow up in your shoes.  I can never understand what you have experienced to make you so frightened.  I have always had a problem with risk assessment and it has often got me in a jam, so perhaps I should have lived my life more frightened.......but in the end you must process fear in your mind.  I have never thought I am better than others or that I am special because of the privilege of my life or race.  I was lucky.  I lost my father at a young age and understood there are no guarantees or safety in life.  I learned that people are all different and it is the differences which make this life interesting.  However, no matter how each of us our constituted, the bill is illogical, and accomplishes just the opposite of what it proposes.  More non violent folks in jail only speeds the release of violent offenders back on the street.  Your voids in logic are not as easily forgiven as your fears.

Floridatexan wrote:
Bob wrote:Look,  the wonderful people who've accidentally murdered others,  all came here to make life better for themselves.  
But you don't have any excuse,  tex.  you were already here.

I don't need one...and I'm not going to apologize for my heritage and my ancestry, which is about as Anglo-Saxon as it gets...but here's the funny part, and maybe you'll get it...I always refer to myself as a "Texican".

Have you got big hair?

2seaoat

Hell this should have been a law long before it had anything to do with mexican deportees.

Bob....you cannot even keep your story straight in one damn thread.....

The sad reality is none of these kinds of laws ever accomplish much of anything.

always seeking safety over moral conviction......a perpetual state of fence sitting with is pathological and you are incapable of seeing that you have no more control over this than the child who thinks the boogeyman is in the closet.  Bob, as I have told you for years.....chit happens.....and sometimes we get our asz kicked, but courage and integrity demand making the right choices when nobody is looking and often going against the mob.....it does not feel good to be attacked by those who think you are wrong, but as Kasich said the other day....some day we may have to answer for our lives, and when I am asked what I have done for poor people, I feel comfortable with the answer I will give, you are either fighting for equality and justice, or you are not......fence sitting is not an option, but again.....I have not walked in your shoes.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

2seaoat wrote: Mayberry is gone Bob.

Mayberry was a complete fiction, Seaoat. I haven't lived in any Mayberry.

I've spent my whole life in a melting pot. Living where I do, I grew up with greeks and jews and blacks and polish and italians and a little later on even vietnamese among many others.

Of course it doesn't fit Sal's stereotype of what all southern communities are like, but where I live is not Meridian MS or Waycross GA or Jackson TN or any other stereotypical homogenous southern community.
Mainly because the Navy brought in so many Pensacolians of my generation and my parents' generation from places all across the country.
I always had a lot more friends and acquaintances who spoke with no southern accents than any who did. With so many different ideas than anything we'd call "southern".
That's why I really love this place. Especially because it's so removed from anything like a Mayberry.

Yes we have a baptist preacher homophobe screaming his lungs out over the airways that queers have ruined the country.
But we also have 50,000 queers who come here to vacation and none of them ever bothers to listen to that shit on the radio.
I don't think that was in the screenplay of any episode of Mayberry and if it was I must have missed it. lol

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

2seaoat wrote:Hell this should have been a law long before it had anything to do with mexican deportees.

Bob....you cannot even keep your story straight in one damn thread.....

The sad reality is none of these kinds of laws ever accomplish much of anything.

always seeking safety over moral conviction......a perpetual state of fence sitting with is pathological and you are incapable of seeing that you have no more control over this than the child who thinks the boogeyman is in the closet.  Bob, as I have told you for years.....chit happens.....and sometimes we get our asz kicked, but courage and integrity demand making the right choices when nobody is looking and often going against the mob.....it does not feel good to be attacked by those who think you are wrong, but as Kasich said the other day....some day we may have to answer for our lives, and when I am asked what I have done for poor people, I feel comfortable with the answer I will give, you are either fighting for equality and justice, or you are not......fence sitting is not an option, but again.....I have not walked in your shoes.

No this time it was just a matter of coming to my senses, seaoat. I realized that even if there was such a thing as a law like this it wouldn't prevent anything. Partly because I see a parallel to the drug and gun laws. And partly because so many with your mentality would still be here and still be in positions of power and could prevent enforcement of it even it it did work which I doubt it would.

Sal

Sal

The question is, why would you even want to put in prison for five years people who've committed no crime?

And, we know the answer.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

You know it's really laughable that anybody would say "Mayberry is gone" as if that's a way of describing something "southern".

Of the three individuals (with their screen personas) who had the most prominence in actually creating the fictional place of Mayberry,  one of them never even lived in the south,  one of them was a staunch liberal/progressive activist,  and one of course was a fucking queer himself.  
But of course nobody in the audience ever even knew this at the time.  
In Hollywood terms,  Mayberry was to southern reality what Roy Scherer was to "leading men".  lol

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

If living in Pensacola has inspired any stereotype I have,  it would be fucking Navy Captains.  I could now spot one of those a mile away and they don't even need to be in uniform.  
And those fuckers come here from everywhere to end up living here.  Mostly not from anywhere around here and not from "the south".  lol

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

There's one thing about a Navy Captain.  He always remains the skipper of whatever is in his surroundings including his household and his neighbors' households.
And it's made most of em batshit insane.  I had one living next door to me one time and he had the oddest habit.  He would get so much anxiety bottled up in him that when we went outside at 2 in the morning we would often see him walking back and forth on the roof of his house. I don't know if he was looking for the ship's "bridge" up there or what.

I guess there was that one episode where Barney Fife did that on the roof of the courthouse.  But trust me it's really not the same thing.  You had to be there.  lol

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum