Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

In God we trust. Unless you're a democrat.

+6
Hospital Bob
2seaoat
Nekochan
Sal
PBulldog2
gulfbeachbandit
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

pandering

Nekochan wrote:Well, I've heard this deist thing a lot but I think that most of the founding fathers believe in "God".

Why shouldn't God Bless America? We need it!!

If they believed strongly in a Christian God, then they would have used the word God instead of using the word Creator.

Religion is a very personal choice. To use any faith in a political arena is pandering in the worst possible way.

Nekochan

Nekochan

BirdyBack wrote:
Nekochan wrote:Well, I've heard this deist thing a lot but I think that most of the founding fathers believe in "God".

Why shouldn't God Bless America? We need it!!

If they believed strongly in a Christian God, then they would have used the word God instead of using the word Creator.

Religion is a very personal choice. To use any faith in a political arena is pandering in the worst possible way.

They did use the word God. Did Michelle Obama's speech offend you, Birdy?

When in the Course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness
.--

Nekochan

Nekochan

Just now, Bill Clinton:

GOD BLESS YOU AND GOD BLESS AMERICA!

Are y'all offended yet?

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Is Michelle a panderer?

Nekochan

Nekochan

Is Bill Clinton a panderer?

Bob wrote:
Which God are we talking about?

In God we trust.  Unless you're a democrat. - Page 2 Th?id=I4755603255002794&pid=1

That's a very good question...

*****SMILE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky1nY3jlq1M

Smile

no stress

no stress

No

Sal

Sal

Nekochan wrote:Is Bill Clinton a panderer?

It's pronounced phi·lander·er.

You're welcome.

Nekochan

Nekochan

salinsky wrote:

It's pronounced phi·lander·er.

You're welcome.

Well, we already knew that.

no stress

no stress

As in panders to special interests? Yes, I think so.

Sal

Sal

Nekochan wrote:

C'mon, ...

I deserve a + for that one.

Smile

Nekochan

Nekochan

salinsky wrote:
Nekochan wrote:

C'mon, ...

I deserve a + for that one.

Smile

Ok, an A+ for Sal.

PBulldog2

PBulldog2

Nekochan wrote:Just now, Bill Clinton:

GOD BLESS YOU AND GOD BLESS AMERICA!

Are y'all offended yet?

Neko, I never wrote that the mention of God, or the use of the phrase "God Bless America", offends me. It doesn't. It does make me cringe when I think it is being used solely to manipulate the audience of the speaker.

Was Bill Clinton doing that? Possibly, given all the attention that has been paid to the wording of the Democratic platform.

I do think "offended" is a stronger term than what I feel. However, I looked up both terms, just to clarify my own experience:

CRINGE:
a. to wince in embarrassment or distaste
b. to experience a sudden feeling of embarrassment or distaste

OFFEND:
1. To cause displeasure, anger, resentment, or wounded feelings in.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

It never fails to amaze me when the Republicans try to co-opt religion as their exclusive realm. I have no problem with any speaker ending with the words, "God bless you and God bless the USA."

What is just simply ridiculous is the attempt to paint anyone on the left of whatever persuasion as a "commie, Marxist, Muslim, gay, atheist, unAmerican person who just has no love for Jeeeezus. It's sickening.

NaNook

NaNook

Floridatexan wrote:
It never fails to amaze me when the Republicans try to co-opt religion as their exclusive realm. I have no problem with any speaker ending with the words, "God bless you and God bless the USA."

What is just simply ridiculous is the attempt to paint anyone on the left of whatever persuasion as a "commie, Marxist, Muslim, gay, atheist, unAmerican person who just has no love for Jeeeezus. It's sickening.

I guess you missed Jon Steward, look for the link.....it's funny.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum