Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

I am greatly disappointed that the Grand Jury decision to not indict was released at night

+11
The Dude
TEOTWAWKI
Joanimaroni
knothead
gatorfan
KarlRove
Sal
Vikingwoman
Hospital Bob
QueenOfHearts
2seaoat
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 6]

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Some are saying it was stupid to make the announcement at night.
Others are saying that was done because,  if it had been made during the day,
the stores would be open and schools would still be in session and more cars would be on the streets and that might have led to more innocent people being subjected to the riots.

It may have not been the wisest decision but I really don't think it warrants conspiracy theories.  If it does then you need to start listening to Alex Jones because he's right up your alley.  lol

Sal

Sal

If you really think McCulloch was sincerely trying to realize an indictment, you're an idiot.

Prosecutors intent on doing their jobs don't just present a Grand Jury with a grab-bag of charges from which to choose, and leave it to the jurors to sort it out.

Prosecutors intent on doing their jobs don't allow the target of the indictment to testify unchallenged to the Grand Jury for hours.

Prosecutors intent on doing their jobs don't selectively leak info to the press to prepare the public for failure to indict.

Prosecutors intent on doing their jobs don't hold press conferences where they publicly shame the grieving victim's family, criticize select eyewitnesses, and blame social media.

They say you can indict a ham sandwich, but the Grand Jury couldn't get there because McCulloch was acting as a defense attorney, and there was no prosecutor.

Sad.

Pathetic.

Shameful.

Unjust.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I watched the wall to wall tv coverage up until I went to bed about 1AM.
I switched back and forth between the three cable news channels to get
different perspectives.

More than once I saw black protestors interviewed who were opposed to all the violence. And in particular one very well spoken young black women who lives and works in Ferguson. She was disgusted with the idea that the rioters were burning down businesses which provided jobs to blacks as well as whites.

At one point it became pretty clear that the burning and looting was being done mostly by some teenage hotheads.

Sal

Sal

Bob wrote:Some are saying it was stupid to make the announcement at night.
Others are saying that was done because,  if it had been made during the day,
the stores would be open and schools would still be in session and more cars would be on the streets and that might have led to more innocent people being subjected to the riots.

It may have not been the wisest decision but I really don't think it warrants conspiracy theories.  If it does then you need to start listening to Alex Jones because he's right up your alley.  lol

I could get with you that this was just a bad decision, if it was made in a vacuum.

But, McCulloch announced early in the day that the decision was coming and then allowed the community to stew for hours waiting ...

... the eruption was predictable.

Coupled with all the other malfeasance surrounding the Grand Jury ...

... I see intent.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Or like Queen said waiting for children and residents to get home and buisnesses to close.

Sal

Sal

Joanimaroni wrote:Or like Queen said waiting for children and residents to get home and buisnesses to close.

If so, there was no reason to announce early in the day that the decision was coming ...

... allowing the frustration and anticipation to build ...

... and the trouble makers time to prepare.

KarlRove

KarlRove

Sal wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:Or like Queen said waiting for children and residents to get home and buisnesses to close.

If so, there was no reason to announce early in the day that the decision was coming ...

They were already in place and have had three months to get ready. Quit whining.

KarlRove

KarlRove

Sal wrote:
Bob wrote:

"...more than a half-dozen unnamed black witnesses have provided testimony to a St. Louis County grand jury that largely supports Wilson’s account of events of Aug. 9, according to several people familiar with the investigation who spoke with The Washington Post.

Some of the physical evidence — including blood spatter analysis, shell casings and ballistics tests — also supports Wilson’s account of the shooting, The Post’s sources said, which casts Brown as an aggressor who threatened the officer’s life."

Grand Juries are supposed to be secret.

Who leaked this info and why?

The DA gave the evidence to the media so morons like you couldn't say it was a cover-up.

Sal wrote:

I am greatly disappointed that the Grand Jury decision to not indict was released at night - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRiiAp0B8yy9L79bg7JbKej7q3n_3R_f-c44sKVeE5SfaCtHGBgTw

Yeah right. Like the trouble makers weren't already prepared.

*****SMILE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09l_zXCQpik

Smile

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I agree with the Brown family about this...

http://www.businessweek.com/articles/2014-11-25/the-verdict-from-ferguson-put-video-cameras-on-cops

AND the Ferguson PD needs to hire a lot more black cops.

And the Ferguson city government needs some black representation.
Every municipality in the south I know about now has black elected officials
commensurate with the level of the black population.  I'm amazed to learn a suburb of St. Louis does not.
The blacks in Ferguson need to use the system. Not burn it down.

Sal

Sal

Bob wrote:

Maybe they don't trust the system.

I can't imagine why.

It's a vicious circle.

Of course, burning and looting are counter-productive, but it's a small number of troublemakers doing that, and rage is rarely rational.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Sal wrote:
Bob wrote:

Of course they don't because they haven't been part of it. I wouldn't either if I was them.

This is what they need to be doing...

http://thinkprogress.org/justice/2014/08/18/3472278/this-is-the-most-important-reform-ferguson-can-enact-to-prevent-another-standoff/

Sal

Sal

Bob wrote:
Sal wrote:
Bob wrote:

Of course they don't because they haven't been part of it.  I wouldn't either if I was them.

This is what they need to be doing...

http://thinkprogress.org/justice/2014/08/18/3472278/this-is-the-most-important-reform-ferguson-can-enact-to-prevent-another-standoff/

I know you don't realize it, but your reply is sopping with white privilege.

"Stupid, black folks. Why won't they buy into the system just because it's declares open season on their kids???"

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Sal wrote:

I know you don't realize it, but your reply is sopping with white privilege.

"Stupid, black folks.  Why won't they buy into the system just because it's declares open season on their kids???"

I'm a member of a much smaller minority than the black minority,  Sal.
A minority which is despised by the majority of whites and blacks and ESPECIALLY blacks.

I don't get to experience all the same "white privelege" you do.  My minority will never be represented by any local elected official period.  And my minority is not currently the highest elected official in the land.

I agree with a blogger who commented on that ThinkProgress article...

I am greatly disappointed that the Grand Jury decision to not indict was released at night - Page 2 Black10

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

As I said in a post a few weeks ago, Sal, you are indeed the most liberal minded individual I have ever encountered.
Now even ThinkProgress is too right-wing for you. Jesus Christ. lol

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

I have talked to educators and of course read on the subject of blacks and why they remain in poverty. Of course it's a large part of educations failure. Blacks from England or the Caribbean are very well spoken and literate. Often very successful. Here in the USA I have had teachers tell me many blacks are a challenge to teach to say the least. They are aggressive uninterested and often violent. That is a cultural problem that is outside of education in my opinion. When people believe that force and violence get them what they want and see it in their role models they take up the traits. Often violence does get you what you want. It got Brown his cigars. It got him respect born out of fear of his size and aggressiveness. If he hadn't  been shot I doubt he would have changed his behavior because it worked. Many blacks believe that violence is a way to respect and wealth...many of them are in prison because of that. Until Blacks have better homes with better moral teaching and are taught more skillful ways to get what you want and need this will be an ongoing story for them....okay accuse me of blaming the victim....

The Dude

The Dude

Thats fucking absurd this kid/thug was only a victim of his. Own actions and decisions so ban me.

The thugs in Ferguson are no different than the thugs here who looted downtown after Ivan. The only thing after Ivan that stood between my buildings etc and them were loaded shotguns, it  is all they understand and if you don't think so you are one more fool

Last edited by The Dude on 11/25/2014, 3:04 pm; edited 1 time in total

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Sal wrote:If you really think McCulloch was sincerely trying to realize an indictment, you're an idiot.

Prosecutors intent on doing their jobs don't just present a Grand Jury with a grab-bag of charges from which to choose, and leave it to the jurors to sort it out.

Prosecutors intent on doing their jobs don't allow the target of the indictment to testify unchallenged to the Grand Jury for hours.

Prosecutors intent on doing their jobs don't selectively leak info to the press to prepare the public for failure to indict.

Prosecutors intent on doing their jobs don't hold press conferences where they publicly shame the grieving victim's family, criticize select eyewitnesses, and blame social media.

They say you can indict a ham sandwich, but the Grand Jury couldn't get there because McCulloch was acting as a defense attorney, and there was no prosecutor.

Sad.

Pathetic.

Shameful.

Unjust.

You obviously no very little about a grand jury. It is the prosecutor's duty, his duty to explain the charges that can be imposed. How the hell are the jurors suppose to know what constitutes first degree, second degree murder, or manslaughter?

The Dude

The Dude

2seaoat wrote:Michael Brown's cousin speaking on tv after listening to the prosecutor McCullough outline the evidence presented to the Grand Jury...

"If Wilson had killed Michael inside the car,  I would not have an argument about it"

I do not know one person who would disagree with this, and I have posted the same repeatedly.

You are absolutely wrong

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

The prosecutor took the easy way out....he could have just called it himself. If the Feds thought there were prejudice they could have appointed a special prosecutor....now it's just second guessing the game....

Sal

Sal

Joanimaroni wrote:
It is the prosecutor's  duty, his duty to explain the charges that can be imposed.

I know plenty about grand jury proceedings.

If you think the prosecutor acted properly in this one, you know very little.

The Dude

The Dude

Joanimaroni wrote:
Sal wrote:If you really think McCulloch was sincerely trying to realize an indictment, you're an idiot.

Sad.

Pathetic.

Shameful.

Unjust.

You obviously no very little about a grand jury.  It is the prosecutor's  duty, his duty to explain the charges that can be imposed. How the hell are the jurors suppose to know what constitutes first degree, second degree murder, or manslaughter?

The grand jury is not convened to realize an indictment but rather the truth and that WAS realized.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I think this is the position Sal is taking...

http://www.newrepublic.com/article/120403/mcculloch-implicitly-conceded-need-wilson-trial-michael-brown

Last edited by Bob on 11/25/2014, 3:19 pm; edited 1 time in total

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Sal wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:
It is the prosecutor's  duty, his duty to explain the charges that can be imposed.

I know plenty about grand jury proceedings.

If you think the prosecutor acted properly in this one, you know very little.

No you don't but I'm sure you think you do.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

https://m.facebook.com/mrcharlespatrick?pn_ref=story&fref=nf

Listen to his video on Ferguson.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum