Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

I am greatly disappointed that the Grand Jury decision to not indict was released at night

+11
The Dude
TEOTWAWKI
Joanimaroni
knothead
gatorfan
KarlRove
Sal
Vikingwoman
Hospital Bob
QueenOfHearts
2seaoat
15 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 6]

2seaoat

This announcement should have been at 8am the day after the Grand Jury made a decision. There is really no excuse why this was not released during regular business hours and in the daylight. Who made this decision?

QueenOfHearts

QueenOfHearts

2seaoat wrote:This announcement should have been at 8am the day after the Grand Jury made a decision.  There is really no excuse why this was not released during regular business hours and in the daylight.  Who made this decision?

If it was released during the day time businesses would be open, shoppers in stores, kids in schools, etc. Why expose everyone to the danger?

QueenOfHearts wrote:
2seaoat wrote:This announcement should have been at 8am the day after the Grand Jury made a decision.  There is really no excuse why this was not released during regular business hours and in the daylight.  Who made this decision?

If it was released during the day time businesses would be open, shoppers in stores, kids in schools, etc.  Why expose everyone to the danger?

I am greatly disappointed that the Grand Jury decision to not indict was released at night Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTM0QH2_RzY8DvP-qi2jk0gftpj1i16WCNa_3PkIsOcB-ssNglCLw

That's why he wanted it during regular hours.

It would make a bigger impact for the progressive cause.

*****SMILE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgyVvoODWGA

Smile

2seaoat

I know when grand jury indictments are read. They are NEVER read outside normal business hours and at night......NEVER! Under the cover of night bad things happen. This should have been a normal grand jury verdict release to the news media during normal business hours. Assets could have been applied and information provided to the community and the news media during regular business hours to help defuse before the cover of darkness. Again, I have never seen a defendant brought into the grand jury room, and I have never seen a police chief intentionally lie to the news media on the radio call which was contradicted later by the officers testimony. This certainly is only the tip of the iceberg I described earlier in the day as there will be much more which will be explored, and certainly the civil suit will allow cross examination of these witnesses to allow a jury to judge the veracity of the testimony.....clearly act one is not over because another grand jury could be convened, but the governor does not have the courage to appoint a special prosecutor, and certainly under the cover of darkness the resulting violence repulses even those people who have reservations about whether justice has been served. Will the Brown family sell out with a big out of court settlement, or will they go to trial? We shall see, and the danger of a civil trial is the officer may take the stand and plead the fifth.....a whole different animal, but if he does voluntarily testify in the civil and on cross examination his veracity is challenged, another grand jury could still be convened within the statute of limitations of what charges that testimony would support. The iceberg has exposed the tip.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Michael Brown's cousin speaking on tv after listening to the prosecutor McCullough outline the evidence presented to the Grand Jury...

"If Wilson had killed Michael inside the car,  I would not have an argument about it"

2seaoat

Michael Brown's cousin speaking on tv after listening to the prosecutor McCullough outline the evidence presented to the Grand Jury...

"If Wilson had killed Michael inside the car, I would not have an argument about it"

I do not know one person who would disagree with this, and I have posted the same repeatedly.

2seaoat wrote:I know when grand jury indictments are read.  They are NEVER read outside normal business hours and at night......NEVER!   Under the cover of night bad things happen.   This should have been a normal grand jury verdict release to the news media during normal business hours.   Assets could have been applied and information provided to the community and the news media during regular business hours to help defuse before the cover of darkness...

I am greatly disappointed that the Grand Jury decision to not indict was released at night Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRlGSV_GjHSSm--zrt8_fg4UqZm9GZhT4F3CMHtan6lqlH6zb_6

It's been obvious for the last few days what direction the verdict was going. The governor and even the president called for calm and assets in the form of extra manpower, concrete blocks, etc... were brought into place. Having the children and innocent bystanders off the streets and/or not preforming their duties in the various businesses was a smart move. The lynch mob mentality that been displayed by various posters and info presented by others made it self evident that if a no indictment verdict was rendered there would be rioting no matter what time of the day. Therefore the verdict rendering was a clear and present danger to the community in general.

*****SMILE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQbTmW8JASs

Smile

Vikingwoman

2seaoat wrote:Michael Brown's cousin speaking on tv after listening to the prosecutor McCullough outline the evidence presented to the Grand Jury...

"If Wilson had killed Michael inside the car,  I would not have an argument about it"

I do not know one person who would disagree with this, and I have posted the same repeatedly.

What's the difference Seaoat if a person assaults a LEO,tries to take his gun to shoot him and then fails and runs off? Is the Leo entitled to use deadly force?

Sal

Sal

The way this decision was reached and then delivered was intended to send a message to the black community.

"With malice and injustice for you all.".

I was fully expecting a miscarriage of justice, but the effrontery, the indifference, the knife-twisting ...

... really disturbing.

KarlRove

KarlRove

2seaoat wrote:This announcement should have been at 8am the day after the Grand Jury made a decision. There is really no excuse why this was not released during regular business hours and in the daylight. Who made this decision?

Quit whining. The morons rioting and tearing up their own home town were going to do so regardless of when the news was released. queen of hearts is right with her post.

KarlRove

KarlRove

Vikingwoman wrote:
2seaoat wrote:Michael Brown's cousin speaking on tv after listening to the prosecutor McCullough outline the evidence presented to the Grand Jury...

What's the difference Seaoat if a person assaults a LEO,tries to take his gun to shoot him and then fails and runs off? Is the Leo entitled to use deadly force?

MOB MENTALITY of Obama's America. The cop followed the law and Michael Brown did not.

gatorfan

Sal wrote:

The way this decision was reached and then delivered was intended to send a message to the black community.

"With malice and injustice for you all.".

I was fully expecting a miscarriage of justice, but the effrontery, the indifference, the knife-twisting ...

... really disturbing.

What a farce. Your faux outrage is laughable - you would ignore all evidence and the results of an in-depth Grand Jury investigation just to satisfy your misguided notion of justice. You would be happy if the mob that participated in destroying innocent peoples businesses would be allowed to hang Wilson.

"For more than three months, the grand jury — made up of seven men and five women, nine white and three black — heard evidence into the shooting. They met 25 times and heard from 60 witnesses"

And decided there was insufficient cause to prosecute.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/ferguson-takes-stock-after-rage-over-grand-jury-decision/2014/11/25/ef06c696-7493-11e4-bd1b-03009bd3e984_story.html?tid=trending_strip_2

Sal

Sal

Incredible.

After what we've seen over the last three plus months in Ferguson, Gatorfan's response is, "trust the system".

Fuck that.

KarlRove

KarlRove

Sal wrote:Incredible.

After what we've seen over the last three plus months in Ferguson, Gatorfan's response is, "trust the system".

Fuck that.

If things are so bad, pack your bags and find another place to live then.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Vikingwoman wrote:

From the reading I just did on Missouri's fleeing felon rule,  it appears that Wilson had the legal justification to use deadly force.
But this particular law is seen as too lax by many and I think I probably agree with that.

IMO,  it should come down to this.  If Brown had stopped his aggressive violence and was surrendering,  there should be no justification for continuing to use deadly force on him.

This report is not from Fox News or talk radio.  It's from The Washington Post...

Evidence supports officer’s account of shooting in Ferguson

"...more than a half-dozen unnamed black witnesses have provided testimony to a St. Louis County grand jury that largely supports Wilson’s account of events of Aug. 9, according to several people familiar with the investigation who spoke with The Washington Post.

Some of the physical evidence — including blood spatter analysis, shell casings and ballistics tests — also supports Wilson’s account of the shooting, The Post’s sources said, which casts Brown as an aggressor who threatened the officer’s life."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/new-evidence-supports-officers-account-of-shooting-in-ferguson/2014/10/22/cf38c7b4-5964-11e4-bd61-346aee66ba29_story.html

gatorfan

Sal wrote:Incredible.

Fuck that.

Yeah, after what we've seen the last 3 months - rioting and looting and plenty of lying going on by so-called witnesses - some of whom didn't even see the incident. But you choose to live on that side of the law? No, I think not.

If you have a better solution let's hear it. I can't wait to see your response but will no doubt have to since you never have a solution......

Sal

Sal

Bob wrote:

"...more than a half-dozen unnamed black witnesses have provided testimony to a St. Louis County grand jury that largely supports Wilson’s account of events of Aug. 9, according to several people familiar with the investigation who spoke with The Washington Post.

Some of the physical evidence — including blood spatter analysis, shell casings and ballistics tests — also supports Wilson’s account of the shooting, The Post’s sources said, which casts Brown as an aggressor who threatened the officer’s life."

Grand Juries are supposed to be secret.

Who leaked this info and why?

QueenOfHearts

QueenOfHearts

Sal wrote:
Bob wrote:

You would rather have the continued inaccuracies and lies?

gatorfan

Sal wrote:
Bob wrote:

Bullshit. After the jury is dismissed without pursuing charges the evidence is made available.

Sal

Sal

QueenOfHearts wrote:
Sal wrote:
Bob wrote:

You would rather have the continued inaccuracies and lies?

Excuse me?

This info was published on October 13 - a month and a half before the Grand Jury reached a decision.

There were other leaks preceding and following it.

Who leaked it and why?

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

You would have more of an argument, Sal, if the public disclosure had ended with the leaks and the public had not been supplied with ALL the rest of the testimony and evidence gathered by the Grand Jury. Which we have now been given.

Sal

Sal

Bob wrote:You would have more of an argument,  Sal,  if the public disclosure had ended with the leaks and the public had not been supplied with ALL the rest of the testimony and evidence gathered by the Grand Jury.  Which we have now been given.

Yep.

Too bad there wasn't a prosecutor.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Michael Brown was no Trayvon Martin.  Martin had not robbed a store and used violence on the store clerk and Martin didn't assault a cop who was trying to apprehend him.

What happened to Trayvon Martin is inexcusable.  And George Zimmerman is just a screwball civilian who should never have been running around with a loaded gun and should have been convicted of manslaughter in my opinion.

Trayvon Martin should be a martyr.  Brown was just another thug.

knothead

knothead

True . . . . it is inexcusable for such an obvious blunder but that leads to a even more obvious question . . . . was it really a blunder? This proceeding was given unprecedented coverage and got such momentum that whenever the grand jury announced its findings it would be anticlimactic. It's hard to believe that the officials planned this . . . . but I confess I suspect it now. Knowing the emotional outrage built up in the minority community over this and other similar incidents a cynical person could come to the conclusion that the results of the grand jury announcement would be obscured by the predicable civil disturbance. Now with a failure to indict Mr. Wilson for virtually anything the white government officials will simply point at the chaos and say "See?" So Mr. Oats you are correct in my mind that this was another mismanaged moment completing a series of mismanaged official missteps and now they hope the conversation will turn away from the murder of Mr. Brown and focus on those tearing down their town.

Sal

Sal

Either Bob McCulloch is really bad at his job, or there was intent.

There's no third option.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 6]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum