Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Grand Jury Indictment.....

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1   Grand Jury Indictment..... Empty Grand Jury Indictment..... 7/31/2012, 9:53 am

Sheriff's candidate Powell.....ONE MISDEMEANOR INDICTMENT!!!!!...It would seem that if there were criminal intentions that the campaign would have done MORE than ONE charge!..Is is possible that this was a mistake?...GREAT job by the State Attorneys Office you got a MISDEMEANOR charge!!!...Maybe the next time you get a hot tip from Count/Sheriff Chocula you may want it to be at least a low level felony!..Now what will the results be from his majesty's list?...Is there another horrible MISDEMEANOR hiding in there...but instead of being so skeptical we as a county should all be THANKFUL to Count/Sheriff Chocula for his rapid response to a MISDEMEANOR which is just a 'coincidence' (his majesty's word) againt a political opponet weeks before the primary...

2   Grand Jury Indictment..... Empty Re: Grand Jury Indictment..... 7/31/2012, 9:59 am

They only charged the movie shooter with one charge at first too. How many charges does it take to make it a crime?

3   Grand Jury Indictment..... Empty Re: Grand Jury Indictment..... 7/31/2012, 10:11 am

Lurch wrote:They only charged the movie shooter with one charge at first too. How many charges does it take to make it a crime?

You really aren't that ignorant are you?...Gotta be joking to compare the shooting tragedy to one misdemeanor!...The entire premise of the allegation was that the Powell Campaign had committed several violations and yet these are the results?...A grand jury was seated for this?...

4   Grand Jury Indictment..... Empty Re: Grand Jury Indictment..... 7/31/2012, 10:14 am

Newsfan wrote:
Lurch wrote:They only charged the movie shooter with one charge at first too. How many charges does it take to make it a crime?

You really aren't that ignorant are you?...Gotta be joking to compare the shooting tragedy to one misdemeanor!...The entire premise of the allegation was that the Powell Campaign had committed several violations and yet these are the results?...A grand jury was seated for this?...
I guess you are. I was just showing how charges are brought up, there's only need for one then the others will be added on later.

5   Grand Jury Indictment..... Empty Re: Grand Jury Indictment..... 7/31/2012, 10:24 am

Lurch wrote:
Newsfan wrote:

I guess you are. I was just showing how charges are brought up, there's only need for one then the others will be added on later.
My apologies you truly are that ignorant...

6   Grand Jury Indictment..... Empty Re: Grand Jury Indictment..... 7/31/2012, 10:46 am

no stress

no stress

Campaign laws are there to insure an even playing field during an election. If you break the law and create an unfair advantage for yourself you have cheated the whole election process as well as the voters. I for one take campaign violations very seriously and since a grand jury of Powell's peers found enough evidence to have him charged then there is probably some fire behind that smoke. It kills me how people think that just because a law covers a seemingly trivial item tthen it's OK to overlook it.

7   Grand Jury Indictment..... Empty Re: Grand Jury Indictment..... 7/31/2012, 11:19 am

Gunz wrote:Campaign laws are there to insure an even playing field during an election. If you break the law and create an unfair advantage for yourself you have cheated the whole election process as well as the voters. I for one take campaign violations very seriously and since a grand jury of Powell's peers found enough evidence to have him charged then there is probably some fire behind that smoke. It kills me how people think that just because a law covers a seemingly trivial item tthen it's OK to overlook it.
But it was Only One charge..

8   Grand Jury Indictment..... Empty Re: Grand Jury Indictment..... 7/31/2012, 1:25 pm

But, I thought I read where Morgan ALSO collected money above the $50 limit. Was the difference that he gave the overage back so quickly and Powell kept his until there was a stink about it?

9   Grand Jury Indictment..... Empty Re: Grand Jury Indictment..... 7/31/2012, 1:29 pm

Yomama wrote:But, I thought I read where Morgan ALSO collected money above the $50 limit. Was the difference that he gave the overage back so quickly and Powell kept his until there was a stink about it?
I think he gave it back as soon as he knew it was too much but I'm not really sure. I don't like either of them but I do think morgan is the lesser of the two evils. It sucks when it comes down to that when you're picking a lawman, it's bad enough when we pick our politicians that way..

10   Grand Jury Indictment..... Empty Re: Grand Jury Indictment..... 7/31/2012, 1:52 pm

Lurch wrote:
Yomama wrote:But, I thought I read where Morgan ALSO collected money above the $50 limit. Was the difference that he gave the overage back so quickly and Powell kept his until there was a stink about it?
I think he gave it back as soon as he knew it was too much but I'm not really sure. I don't like either of them but I do think morgan is the lesser of the two evils. It sucks when it comes down to that when you're picking a lawman, it's bad enough when we pick our politicians that way..

The lesser of two evils is still evil.

11   Grand Jury Indictment..... Empty Re: Grand Jury Indictment..... 7/31/2012, 2:02 pm

Ghost_Rider1 wrote:
Lurch wrote:

The lesser of two evils is still evil.
I know, that's why I said there was two of them.
Is anybody else even running? Besides mindy, she makes the other two look good.

12   Grand Jury Indictment..... Empty Re: Grand Jury Indictment..... 7/31/2012, 2:45 pm

Lurch wrote:

That's the point....Count/Sheriff did it and then turned this into a dirty trick against Powell...So the Count's taking too much is acceptable and then compounding the idiocy by calling the S/A and turning in his opponet for the same thing?...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum