Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Markle and the Labor Force Participation rate

+6
Sal
Wordslinger
Markle
2seaoat
ZVUGKTUBM
boards of FL
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 6]

2seaoat wrote:I doubt either could've run up the debt obama has... so you've got that going for that absurd postulation.

The tow truck bill had to be paid to get the economy out of the ditch. The President did not put this country there, but he sure has got us out. The key to focus on is the length of the recovery without a major .

No... I don't think we did need to throw money at wall st and the banks. I think you bought a load of shit.

PkrBum wrote:
2seaoat wrote:I doubt either could've run up the debt obama has... so you've got that going for that absurd postulation.

The tow truck bill had to be paid to get the economy out of the ditch.  The President did not put this country there, but he sure has got us out.   The key to focus on is the length of the recovery without a major .

No... I don't think we did need to throw money at wall st and the banks. I think you bought a load of shit.

Markle and the Labor Force Participation rate - Page 3 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTyrcClHBzDUH1smEHshSmpIUeFSIFfuML-c24JcFlu5BHrJLERog

*****SMILE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-AzUMlAsFhs

Smile

Markle

Markle

What fun. Crickets from the bewildered Progressives.

2seaoat

What fun. Crickets from the bewildered Progressives.

Cutting and pasting and unable to answer one question Boards has posed to you is more about desperation and immaturity.   I just think you are getting senile.  Your arguments are fallow, and when pointed out you run......cut and paste unable to explain or defend.......a sixth grader could do a better job.  Five months of job creation at this rate will surpass eight years of President Bush's job creation.......it has to hurt.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

2seaoat wrote:What fun. Crickets from the bewildered Progressives.

Cutting and pasting and unable to answer one question Boards has posed to you is more about desperation and immaturity.   I just think you are getting senile.  Your arguments are fallow, and when pointed out you run......cut and paste unable to explain or defend.......a sixth grader could do a better job.  Five months of job creation at this rate will surpass eight years of President Bush's job creation.......it has to hurt.

For half the stuff he cuts and pastes, he can only speak to the political hit-piece, not the substance of the material he is using.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

2seaoat

For half the stuff he cuts and pastes, he can only speak to the political hit-piece, not the substance of the material he is using.

He used to at least try. He just runs now. I remember five years ago when he could make an argument in real time without cutting and pasting. Good arguments, but now I do not think his heart is in it. I think even he realizes the President has been doing a pretty good job. He will probably work for Hillary in 2016.

Markle

Markle

2seaoat wrote:For half the stuff he cuts and pastes, he can only speak to the political hit-piece, not the substance of the material he is using.

He used to at least try.   He just runs now.  I remember five years ago when he could make an argument in real time without cutting and pasting.  Good arguments, but now I do not think his heart is in it.  I think even he realizes the President has been doing a pretty good job.  He will probably work for Hillary in 2016.

With all the extra time on your hands, your posts have become little more than ramblings found in a girls diary.

IGNORES 11,918,000 who have dropped out since OBAMA took office. Wonder if that has anything to do with is dismal polling numbers?

2seaoat

IGNORES 11,918,000 who have dropped out

Nope......10k a day.....us Babyboomers are enjoying early retirement with full medical coverage.......those of us who were prepared are having a heck of a time......however, the President will create more jobs in five months than President Bush did in eight years......wowser. I think I will enjoy some time in Pensacola this winter and Marco island.......just having a blast dropping out.

Markle

Markle

2seaoat wrote:IGNORES 11,918,000 who have dropped out

Nope......10k a day.....us Babyboomers are enjoying early retirement with full medical coverage.......those of us who were prepared are having a heck of a time......however, the President will create more jobs in five months than President Bush did in eight years......wowser.  I think I will enjoy some time in Pensacola this winter and Marco island.......just having a blast dropping out.

So you're telling us that the population is decreasing? Really? When did that start?

Or, is this like your comment that the percentage of debt to GDP is dropping like a rock?

Or is this the one where you tell us you don't need facts?

2seaoat

Earth to Markle......the bubble in the population which caused the labor participation rate to go up in the eighties with more woman and a greater percentage of the population working because of that bubble is now retiring. A very simple concept recognized by economist, but you seem to be math challenged.......by golly I planned to drop out all those years saving......and you want to tell the 10k a day who are doing the same that President Obama is responsible for our retirements.........and this is somehow bad......you cannot make this stuff up. You have to have a very low IQ to follow your logic......wrong forum Mr. Markle.....wrong Forum.......Try the hooterville herald forum.......I heard Arnold the pig agrees with your ideas.

Markle

Markle

2seaoat wrote:Earth to Markle......the bubble in the population which caused the labor participation rate to go up in the eighties with more woman and a greater percentage of the population working because of that bubble is now retiring.  A very simple concept recognized by economist, but you seem to be math challenged.......by golly I planned to drop out all those years saving......and you want to tell the 10k a day who are doing the same that President Obama is responsible for our retirements.........and this is somehow bad......you cannot make this stuff up.   You have to have a very low IQ to follow your logic......wrong forum Mr. Markle.....wrong Forum.......Try the hooterville herald forum.......I heard Arnold the pig agrees with your ideas.

Markle and the Labor Force Participation rate - Page 3 AnimatedLaughterPink

You're a hoot.

2seaoat

We need to match up the sound effect with your laughing......

boards of FL

boards of FL

Merged.

It isn't going away, Markle. We're all still waiting.

boards of FL

boards of FL

OK, Markle.  You obviously cling to this economic data point.  This is your chance to make your case and explain to all of us exactly why it is that you feel the Labor Force Participation rate is the end-all economic data point. You seem to be under the impression that posting the same chart again and again is a valid, substantive entry into any discussion, no matter the topic.  This is your chance to lay out why you feel that is the case.

I'll just go ahead and get this out of the way now to save you the time.  The labor force participation rate:

Markle and the Labor Force Participation rate - Page 3 20ARCpB

So there it is. This is the holy-grail of all economic data points in Markle-land.   Notice the long rising trend that lasts between the years 1963 and 2000.  Many would attribute that to cultural changes that took hold in the US during that time.  We evolved from a society in which women had a very specific roll - a homemaker - to a society in which women are empowered to gain education and work.  This is just one factor perhaps among many.  That said, Makle likely discounts conventional wisdom and instead has his own theories to explain that increase, and I suspect they're all political.

Also notice the peak in the year 2000 and the subsequent decline.  Some would say the peak was the end of the "dot com" era in which we saw massive gains in productivity in large part due to widespread adoption of computers and the internet in business.  What followed was a steady trend of automation combined with a massive aging cohort (baby boomers) that were reaching retirement age and that began to exit the workforce.  But here again, I'm sure Markle has his own theories and I'm sure they're all based in politics.

So, with that said, the floor is yours, Markle.  Let's hear it.  Tell us all why the labor force participation rate is the end-all economic data point that trumps everything from jobless claims, to GDP, to retail sales, to consumer confidence, to the employment situation.  Enlighten us as to why we see the movements that we do in this data point, which clearly are long long running trends.  

Please proceed, governor....

Look everyone... it's board's ball. If you don't agree with his subjective rules he'll let the air out of it. Enjoy

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

PkrBum wrote:Look everyone... it's board's ball. If you don't agree with his subjective rules he'll let the air out of it. Enjoy
Markle and the Labor Force Participation rate - Page 3 Boards11

Markle and the Labor Force Participation rate - Page 3 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQyP5UgzxO69XOGVCGEUz6Omp7vaEz9Vj5VRwBe5reAOYoXfe_M

Went down a bit after 2000 but, Oh My!, look how it takes a nose dive after 2008.

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCeIIcPAwv8

Smile

I still want to be able to sticky too!

boards of FL

boards of FL

PkrBum wrote:Look everyone... it's board's ball. If you don't agree with his subjective rules he'll let the air out of it. Enjoy

You're welcome, election-boy.

2seaoat

Went down a bit after 2000 but, Oh My!, look how it takes a nose dive after 2008.

bingo.......2008:

Baby boomers are people born during the demographic Post–World War II baby boom between the years 1946 and 1964.

HMMMMMMM 1946 to 2008.......hmmmmmm 62 years of age and the beginning of the babyboom early retirement.

2008 the year President Bush drove the car in the ditch with the worse recession since the great depression.......by golly you are observant. 10k a day babyboomers began retiring. The biggest bubble in our population who increased the labor Participation rate when for the first time both men and women were entering the workforce, now were retiring......it is a beautiful thing.

2seaoat wrote:Went down a bit after 2000 but, Oh My!, look how it takes a nose dive after 2008.

bingo.......2008:

Baby boomers are people born during the demographic Post–World War II baby boom between the years 1946 and 1964.

HMMMMMMM   1946 to 2008.......hmmmmmm  62 years of age and the beginning of the babyboom early retirement.

2008 the year President Bush drove the car in the ditch with the worse recession since the great depression.......by golly you are observant.  10k a day babyboomers began retiring.   The biggest bubble in our population who increased the labor Participation rate when for the first time both men and women were entering the workforce, now were retiring......it is a beautiful thing.

Markle and the Labor Force Participation rate - Page 3 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTs1G7anI1wOfXP_Oo-176Von7xPLLimfsjDYZNdJIqNfyjtxo7

A materialistic government mandate forced public purchasing into merchandise covered by preferred stock options of your favorite corporates babybooming yuppie like you might be able to retire.

Those of us that don't want or have it handed to us by having the government forcefully imposing purchases into your preferred stocks have work to do.

So what's the next socially important issue that you're going to force everyone to purchase from a corporation through government mandates so you can line yourself stocks up with a little more cash?

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lAD6Obi7Cag

Smile

Markle

Markle

BOARDS OF FL SURRENDERS AGAIN!  IF HE CAN'T STAND THE HEAT, YOU'D THINK HE'D STAY OUT OF THE KITCHEN!

Markle and the Labor Force Participation rate - Page 3 Whiningcartoon

Grow up whiner.

Sal

Sal

Markle wrote:BOARDS OF FL SURRENDERS AGAIN!  IF HE CAN'T STAND THE HEAT, YOU'D THINK HE'D STAY OUT OF THE KITCHEN!

Grow up whiner.

Ummm, Markle ....

.... now's the time to slink silently away, tailed tucked.

You're welcome.

boards of FL

boards of FL

Markle wrote:BOARDS OF FL SURRENDERS AGAIN!  IF HE CAN'T STAND THE HEAT, YOU'D THINK HE'D STAY OUT OF THE KITCHEN!

Markle and the Labor Force Participation rate - Page 3 Whiningcartoon

Grow up whiner.

You're leaving me no choice here but to assume that you aren't actually capable of discussing the labor force participation rate.  

Going once...

Markle

Markle

The thread Boards of FL and 2seaoat are afraid for you to see.  Why?

Posted for the THIRD time and will be deleted by the children of this forum.

BOF, like the main stream media, touts a meager 321,000 new jobs.

IGNORES 11,918,000 who have dropped out since OBAMA. 12/6/2014 at 5:58 pm

THIRD attempt at the FACTS. Something my far left Progressive good friends seem to find offensive.

BOF, like the main stream media, touts a meager 321,000 new jobs. IGNORES 11,918,000 who have dropped out since OBAMA.

Just can't make these things up.

Labor Force Participation Remains at 36-Year Low

December 5, 2014 - 9:17 AM

(CNSNews.com) - The labor force participation rate remained at a 36-year low of 62.8 percent in November, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics.

The participation rate, which is the percentage of the civilian noninstitutional population who participated in the labor force by either having a job during the month or actively seeking one, was 62.8 percent in November which matches the percentage since March 1978.

In November, according to BLS, the nation’s civilian noninstitutional population, consisting of all people 16 or older who were not in the military or an institution, reached 248,844,000. Of those, 156,397,000 participated in the labor force by either holding a job or actively seeking one.

The 156,397,000 who participated in the labor force was 62.8 percent of the 248,844,000 civilian noninsttutional population, which matches the 62.8 percent rate in April, May, June, August and October of 2014 as well as the participation rate in March of 1978. The participation rate hit its lowest level of 62.7 percent in September 2014.

Another 92,447,000 people did not participate in the labor force. These Americans did not have a job and were not actively trying to find one. When President Obama took office in January 2009, there were 80,529,000 Americans who were not participating in the office, which means that since then, 11,918,000 Americans have left the workforce.

http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/ali-meyer/labor-force-participation-remains-36-year-low-0

Contrary to the belief of 2seaoat, the POPULATION of workers in America has GROWN every year. BOF and 2seaoat believe that because baby boomers, like myself, are retiring NO ONE IS REPLACING THEM.

I know, stunning isn't it?

boards of FL

boards of FL

Markle wrote:The thread Boards of FL and 2seaoat are afraid for you to see.  Why?

Posted for the THIRD time and will be deleted by the children of this forum.

BOF, like the main stream media, touts a meager 321,000 new jobs.

IGNORES 11,918,000 who have dropped out since OBAMA. 12/6/2014 at 5:58 pm

THIRD attempt at the FACTS. Something my far left Progressive good friends seem to find offensive.

BOF, like the main stream media, touts a meager 321,000 new jobs. IGNORES 11,918,000 who have dropped out since OBAMA.

Just can't make these things up.

Labor Force Participation Remains at 36-Year Low

December 5, 2014 - 9:17 AM

(CNSNews.com) - The labor force participation rate remained at a 36-year low of 62.8 percent in November, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics.

The participation rate, which is the percentage of the civilian noninstitutional population who participated in the labor force by either having a job during the month or actively seeking one, was 62.8 percent in November which matches the percentage since March 1978.

In November, according to BLS, the nation’s civilian noninstitutional population, consisting of all people 16 or older who were not in the military or an institution, reached 248,844,000. Of those, 156,397,000 participated in the labor force by either holding a job or actively seeking one.

The 156,397,000 who participated in the labor force was 62.8 percent of the 248,844,000 civilian noninsttutional population, which matches the 62.8 percent rate in April, May, June, August and October of 2014 as well as the participation rate in March of 1978. The participation rate hit its lowest level of 62.7 percent in September 2014.

Another 92,447,000 people did not participate in the labor force. These Americans did not have a job and were not actively trying to find one. When President Obama took office in January 2009, there were 80,529,000 Americans who were not participating in the office, which means that since then, 11,918,000 Americans have left the workforce.

http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/ali-meyer/labor-force-participation-remains-36-year-low-0

Contrary to the belief of 2seaoat, the POPULATION of workers in America has GROWN every year. BOF and 2seaoat believe that because baby boomers, like myself, are retiring NO ONE IS REPLACING THEM.

I know, stunning isn't it?

Your threads aren't getting deleted. They're getting merged into this thread, which is where we're all still waiting for you to actually discuss the LPR.

https://pensacoladiscussion.forumotion.com/t16954-markle-and-the-labor-force-participation-rate

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum