Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Markle and the Labor Force Participation rate

+6
Sal
Wordslinger
Markle
2seaoat
ZVUGKTUBM
boards of FL
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 6]

boards of FL

boards of FL

OK, Markle.  You obviously cling to this economic data point.  This is your chance to make your case and explain to all of us exactly why it is that you feel the Labor Force Participation rate is the end-all economic data point. You seem to be under the impression that posting the same chart again and again is a valid, substantive entry into any discussion, no matter the topic.  This is your chance to lay out why you feel that is the case.

I'll just go ahead and get this out of the way now to save you the time.  The labor force participation rate:

Markle and the Labor Force Participation rate 20ARCpB

So there it is. This is the holy-grail of all economic data points in Markle-land.   Notice the long rising trend that lasts between the years 1963 and 2000.  Many would attribute that to cultural changes that took hold in the US during that time.  We evolved from a society in which women had a very specific roll - a homemaker - to a society in which women are empowered to gain education and work.  This is just one factor perhaps among many.  That said, Makle likely discounts conventional wisdom and instead has his own theories to explain that increase, and I suspect they're all political.

Also notice the peak in the year 2000 and the subsequent decline.  Some would say the peak was the end of the "dot com" era in which we saw massive gains in productivity in large part due to widespread adoption of computers and the internet in business.  What followed was a steady trend of automation combined with a massive aging cohort (baby boomers) that were reaching retirement age and that began to exit the workforce.  But here again, I'm sure Markle has his own theories and I'm sure they're all based in politics.

So, with that said, the floor is yours, Markle.  Let's hear it.  Tell us all why the labor force participation rate is the end-all economic data point that trumps everything from jobless claims, to GDP, to retail sales, to consumer confidence, to the employment situation.  Enlighten us as to why we see the movements that we do in this data point, which clearly are long long running trends.  

Please proceed, governor....

Last edited by boards of FL on 12/11/2014, 11:30 am; edited 6 times in total

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

You and Seaoat are too easy on poster Markle. Sometimes, when someone is full of smelly you-know-what, you must be forceful and just come out and tell them so. You'll know you've won the argument when Markle helplessly tries to hide under the Socrates meme he uses all the time.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

boards of FL

boards of FL

Take your time, Markle.  

This thread will be linked to every time in the future when you post the Labor Force Participation rate so that readers of this forum can fully understand its importance and your reason for continuously posting it.

boards of FL

boards of FL

No...seriously, Markle....take your time.

I'm sure you're coming up with a fairly articulate response that is very coherent and that perfectly explains your point of view. Just like you always do here.

boards of FL

boards of FL

Uh...Markle?

Does everyone have the ability to sticky a thread yet? Or is this a privilege you only extend to yourself dear leader?

Markle and the Labor Force Participation rate Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRXXMqGEdraqBYbeGGDAS_J5sQEs_6XeZ6LnvE61kYonsABpvEk

Oh yeah! I want to be able to sticky.

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SAR7KmiCHto

Smile

2seaoat

The use of the labor participation rate index is an attempt for feeble minded people to influence like minded feeble minded people that the unemployment stats which have been constant for over fifty years are somehow now untrue and unreliable. It is sophomoric. The rate requires some thought. Mr. Markle knows what he is posting is garbage, but he is like a turtle....a little slow and hiding in his shell.....hoping the landslide will materialize on Tuesday, but happy that he will have some victories which will allow him to leave his shell.

boards of FL

boards of FL

PkrBum wrote:Does everyone have the ability to sticky a thread yet? Or is this a privilege you only extend to yourself dear leader?

Only moderators. It's like North Korea in here, comrade.

Markle

Markle

boards of FL wrote:
PkrBum wrote:Does everyone have the ability to sticky a thread yet? Or is this a privilege you only extend to yourself dear leader?

Only moderators.  It's like North Korea in here, comrade.

Sheer Desperation!

I thought the goal of a forum was to increase participants.

2seaoat

It is. Therefore repetitive sophomoric charts being posted over and over again which say just the opposite of what the poster believes, drive the sane folks away, or it is simply ignored between the thirty pace posts that the President is a bad person. Not much discussion of issues or position.....just grinding stupidity which hardly increases participation.

Markle and the Labor Force Participation rate Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRCD2oE-riSDLR6Xhru7GtPMGzOIRBbbcFWx-WXWXLWV1DcvBW-

We should make all the moderators progressives and/or all the progressives moderators so we can all feel like we're...

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7IZ-jATBq9A

Very Happy

Markle and the Labor Force Participation rate Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQJ3N6HYdmck2uDmAgHU9s3yNFBxpVlyx8bYC5ZdDmYkfKVf6mZ9A

After all those new progressive moderators are hired I guess I know what I can expect...

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dz4HEEiJuGo

Very Happy

boards of FL

boards of FL

Markle wrote:
boards of FL wrote:

Only moderators.  It's like North Korea in here, comrade.

Sheer Desperation!

How is the response coming along, Markle? We're all still waiting. This is your chance to discuss the LPR. Let's hear it.

boards of FL

boards of FL

Markle and the Labor Force Participation rate 9eZ9Kt1

boards of FL

boards of FL

It is now an obvious fact that Markle is going to pull a no show here. Would any of his underlings care to step in? Anyone care to come to his defense or pick up his inane argument, or are we done here? Are we all now in agreement that posting the LPR is completely idiotic? Speak now or forever hold your peace.

boards of FL

boards of FL

Going once...

boards of FL

boards of FL

Going twice...

boards of FL

boards of FL

Well I guess that's it. Looks like we can put this one to rest.

Good job, Markle.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

boards of FL wrote:Well I guess that's it.  Looks like we can put this one to rest.

Good job, Markle.

Don't count Herr Markle out yet ... I'm certain he's consulting his Nazi files for something he can paste and pretend is a debating point. LOL

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

How about it Herr Markle, can't you show us a swastika or two, and a good portrait of your former leader?   LOL

Screw Amerika Inc.

boards of FL

boards of FL

Looks like it's time to break this one out again.  Like a moth to flame, GOP supporters blindly gobble up the LPR.

OK, TEO.  Let's hear it. Please proceed, governor.

boards of FL

boards of FL

What? No takers?

Markle and the Labor Force Participation rate Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQh2vM6h8MJy0MycCc2py6_byJeTeMkyuj---Tc-ETbA6W638CeoQ

Gee... Has it occurred to you that no one wants to talk to you because you've been an abusive butthead lately?

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2RNe2jwHE0

Rolling Eyes

Markle

Markle

The far left Progressives, led here by Boards of FL, tout a meager 321,000 new jobs but IGNORE the 11,918,000 workers who have dropped out of the market entirely since semi-retired President Obama took office.

Labor Force Participation Remains at 36-Year Low

December 5, 2014 - 9:17 AM

(CNSNews.com) - The labor force participation rate remained at a 36-year low of 62.8 percent in November, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics.

The participation rate, which is the percentage of the civilian noninstitutional population who participated in the labor force by either having a job during the month or actively seeking one, was 62.8 percent in November which matches the percentage since March 1978.

In November, according to BLS, the nation’s civilian noninstitutional population, consisting of all people 16 or older who were not in the military or an institution, reached 248,844,000. Of those, 156,397,000 participated in the labor force by either holding a job or actively seeking one.

The 156,397,000 who participated in the labor force was 62.8 percent of the 248,844,000 civilian noninsttutional population, which matches the 62.8 percent rate in April, May, June, August and October of 2014 as well as the participation rate in March of 1978. The participation rate hit its lowest level of 62.7 percent in September 2014.

http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/ali-meyer/labor-force-participation-remains-36-year-low-0

Using "Progressive Think", BOF, 2seaoat and a few others here think having far fewer workers is a grand thing!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 6]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum