Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Can anybody help me in this debate with teo.

5 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 6]

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Ghost_Rider1 wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:
You know what, Ghost. You just said a mouthful. It IS the small things that bother me, the little kickback here; the little accounting gimmick there, the little insider trading phone call, the little lie, and the little shifting of the burden of responsibility. They all add up to a very frightening picture of the state of humanity today...we keep hearing about the "new normal". We need to return to the "old normal", and I mean that in the sense that we need to cultivate our own sense of morality and ethics. Of course, it's a clear violation of the Hippocratic Oath to leave a person dying on the steps of a hospital because he can't pay the bill. It's also a violation to keep a person stabilized on life support when all signs of life are gone. Every profession has its ethical guidelines, which seem to have gone the way of the dodo. But, in addition to professional guidelines, one might hope that each individual has a PERSONAL set of morals and ethics. I'm so sick of liars, and in particular I'm sick of people who hide behind religion while they actively participate in the antithesis of spiritual awareness and call it religion.

I think you may have misinterpreted what I posted. I was speaking of nothing more that the post of youtube videos as being a nuisance and little things such as that. The other things that you mentioned I know are not small. Those are some real issues facing society today, but posting of a video link as annoying, now come on, it ain't all that bad.

Thanks Eric, that is exactly what I was talking about.

OK...I'm probably a little wound up lately. I'm not really misinterpreting you so much as trying to say what bothers me about this particular poster...and what I want to call it is "obtuse".

Floridatexan wrote:
OK...I'm probably a little wound up lately. I'm not really misinterpreting you so much as trying to say what bothers me about this particular poster...and what I want to call it is "obtuse".

OK I'll give you that, but don't let the "little" things send your BP through the roof.

Yomama wrote:Bob, I wasn't referring to you. What I was referring to was the people that feel patients really needing hospital care should be thrown down the steps of the establishment if they can't afford treatment.

I don't like subsidizing the indigent health care... I doubt if anybody does. I don't like seeing indigents with a head cold or a mild case of the flu going to the Emergency Room. Trauma or life-or-death... yes. The system is gamed and that Emergency Room crap should stop.

------------------------

Dreams, there are charities and churches that will, on a case by case basis, help families in need. Hell, there are charity hospitals like St. Jude that, according to their mission statement "... and no family ever pays St. Jude for anything". (Notice that I never said that charities or churches will pay for health care... as in their complete medical insurance.)

Yes, there are churches that help families,no doubt but when people talk about getting healthcare ,that's another story. I thought you said healthcare. There are places who will help in an emergency situation sometimes but there just isn't enough money to do that for a lot of people so they do without.

FT, my point is - that there is something wrong when the cost of subsidizing a head cold $1,000 ER visit could be a subsidized $100 doctor's visit. Don't ask me how to fix it... I don't claim to be smart enough for that.

Last edited by Yomama on 8/17/2012, 2:19 pm; edited 1 time in total

Yomama wrote:Bob, I wasn't referring to you. What I was referring to was the people that feel patients really needing hospital care should be thrown down the steps of the establishment if they can't afford treatment.

I don't like subsidizing the indigent health care... I doubt if anybody does. I don't like seeing indigents with a head cold or a mild case of the flu going to the Emergency Room. Trauma or life-or-death... yes. The system is gamed and that Emergency Room crap should stop.

------------------------

Dreams, there are charities and churches that will, on a case by case basis, help families in need. Hell, there are charity hospitals like St. Jude that, according to their mission statement "... and no family ever pays St. Jude for anything". (Notice that I never said that charities or churches will pay for health care... as in their complete medical insurance.)

Yes, there are churches that help families,no doubt but when people talk about getting healthcare ,that's another story. I thought you said healthcare. There are places who will help in an emergency situation sometimes but there just isn't enough money to do that for a lot of people so they do without.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Yomama wrote:FT, my point is - that there is something wrong when the cost of subsidizing a head cold $1,000 ER visit could be a subsidized $100 doctor's visit. Don't ask me how to fix it... I don't claim to be smart enough for that.

Certain parts of it have and will be improved by the new healthcare law, but we know it's just a step in the right direction. There are so many variables that each one would have to be taken individually to make a difference. Having worked in hospital administration at one time, I can say it's always a balancing act between giving the best care and preventing waste, fraud and errors. It seems to me that local health care systems were more available and more efficient in the past. The majority of people just need regular checkups; that alone would save a monumental amount of money.

Bob wrote:
Damaged Eagle wrote:

People die because they can't pay for advanced medical treatments everyday. If the government is going to step in on the behalf of one person are they also going to step in on the behalf of all people? If so then the government should have absolute control of all health care and none of this dickering around and forcing people to purchase health care insurance from a private company (which I consider unConstitutional).

30,000+ people die in car wrecks ever year. But that doesn't mean the only wise course of action is to either ban cars alltogether or mandate that they all be made as safe as sitting in a recliner inside one's living room.
Either is just an extremist response.

Your initial response...

"BUT, I have only heard one conservative ever say that the government should not be able to tell hospitals to save the life of an injured person when that person cannot pay for his medical treatment. And that person posted that opinion to this forum tonight before he left the forum." Posted by Bob

...begs that the government demand that hospitals treat people.

If that's the case then the government should have absolute control of the health care industry and treat all in need.

So let's nationalize the health care industry and raise taxes to support this new government organization.

Don't dicker around and play word games like you've done for the last couple of pages attempting to guess what I did and did not say...

Just do it!

*****SMILE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tna0Mmu1XlI

Smile

Bob wrote:That's the problem with the political divide we're now experiencing. It's mostly turned into just extremists on one side or the other blowing hard.
That's because the audience for it is similiar to the audience for pro wrestling.

The only political divide here is you and others attempting to play word games and... 'I think he'll say this' or 'No he'll say this'... Try this...

Is health care a basic right guaranteed to all in the Constitution?

*****SMILE*****

Smile

Don't dicker around answer the question.

Dreamsglore wrote:Why shouldn't people have to pay for a service they use? Why should we have to pay for someone else's healthcare?

RESPONSE TO QUESTION #1

You can prove that all the people you're talking about who use this service don't pay for their health care even if they don't carry a health insurance policy?

RESPONSE TO QUESTION #2

In what way are you paying for someone else's healthcare?

*****SMILE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQzUCO7rG0M

Smile

Dreamsglore wrote:I think I read his response correctly. He said he doesn't believe you should be forced to pay for private insurance.

Can anybody help me in this debate with teo. - Page 4 Th?id=I4855980886524948&pid=1

In what way is FORCING someone to buy something from a private company, just because they happen to be breathing, in any way Constitutional?

*****SMILE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoJIenxS2Rw

Smile

Floridatexan wrote:
Damaged Eagle wrote:
Bob wrote:
I appreciate that and your familiarity with it. But now there is no University Hospital. All the trauma care is done by the private hospitals.
SO, if EMTALA was rescinded now and we followed yours (and others') philosophy to a T (no pun intended), there would be examples of people dying only because they couldn't pay for their medical treatment themselves.

Again I ask the question. Would your deity be okay with that?

Can anybody help me in this debate with teo. - Page 4 Th?id=I4755603224790257&pid=1

Why should God be concerned with abstract human constructs?

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky1nY3jlq1M

Smile

Can you say anything at all without having to rely on YouTube? It's beyond annoying.

Why do you as a supposedly enlightened progressive liberal have a problem with other posters cultural diversity?

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpO_oVtXCa4

Laughing

Dreamsglore wrote:
Bob wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:My posts are not posting. I hate this internet connection.
I hope you can get it worked out. I'm looking forward to reading your reply to what I said to you. lol

What I'm saying is we all use healthcare.Many people don't pay for it. The one's that can't shouldn't have to die because of it.The one's who don't want to should.Do you think we should let a child die because their family is poor? What the hell kind of people would we be. It's ironic because the one's who rant about abortion are the one's who don't want to pay for healthcare.What's up w/ that? Either you believe people have a right to live or you don't.What good is bringing a poor child into this world who will not be taken care of and left to die if their sick?

So that's a yes to the government nationalizing and having total control over the health care industry.

*****SMILE*****

Smile

thread_bear wrote:
Ghost_Rider1 wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:
Can you say anything at all without having to rely on YouTube? It's beyond annoying.

Just because he posts a ouTube link does not mean that you must watch it. I no longer go to any YouTube links that anyone posts because I have found that they are for the most part are not relevant to the discussion. So I just ignore them and it is not annoying whatsoever. It would appear that you allow small things bother you.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

DE is definitely a small annoying thing. his smug condescension aside, he has no clue what a real neo-con is, and why they should be resisted on damned near everything.

like you stated, i have never clicked on his insipid youtube links.

besides, who takes an Iowa farmer serious these days....?

does he post while he's plowing...?

what an arrogant poser, from his avatar to his rhetoric.....he's a chucklehead.

Can anybody help me in this debate with teo. - Page 4 Th?id=I5007614692033013&pid=1

Oh sweetie stop!!!!!! I already know how much you love me already... Don't you understand that when someone says 'no' they mean 'no'?...

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DijxpjHuBw4

Laughing

Last edited by Damaged Eagle on 8/18/2012, 12:55 am; edited 1 time in total

Yomama wrote:FT, my point is - that there is something wrong when the cost of subsidizing a head cold $1,000 ER visit could be a subsidized $100 doctor's visit. Don't ask me how to fix it... I don't claim to be smart enough for that.

Or simply allow a individual to purchase up to one month of antibiotics each year without having to see a doctor. If they use up their one month supply in one year they really should see a doctor.

*****SMILE*****

Smile

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Ghost_Rider1 wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:
Bob wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:

Don't bring god into this.
When one guides his life and his moral and ethical decisions by what God would want, I would expect one to want to bring God into this as much as anything else. It's life and death like the question of abortion. I can't really understand why not.

Okay you want to bring God into it. Well here's my opinion on that ! Any fool that calls themselves a Christian and is afraid to die is an insult to god. He is a coward and an unbeliever. He deserves the bowels of hell for eternity for his cowardice. Dying for a Christian is returning to be with god forever..Heavenly bliss..etc. So there chew on that ...

Teo why is it only you so called Christians that should not be afraid to die? As I am an atheist I have no fear whatsoever of death. If your god is so much of an omniscient, all knowing god, then why aren't all this problems resolved? If he can design and build the universe in 7 days, it would appear that medical care would not be a problem for those that cannot afford it. So why is that? It is really very simple, because there is no god.

He was an embittered atheist, the sort of atheist who does not so much disbelieve in God as personally dislike Him.

George Orwell

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Bob wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:What's great about this is you dummys are begging the government to take more of your money..Begging !..are you crazy ?...THINK.
I've noticed one thing about the political dialogue in this country. Whenever one is losing a debate he always resorts to stuff like calling people "dummys".
It applies equally to both the government haters and the government lovers.

lol

What can you do against the lunatic who is more
intelligent than yourself, who gives your arguments a fair hearing and
then simply persists in his lunacy?

George Orwell

Orwell had a two for one sale...

Damaged Eagle wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:
Bob wrote:
I hope you can get it worked out. I'm looking forward to reading your reply to what I said to you. lol

What I'm saying is we all use healthcare.Many people don't pay for it. The one's that can't shouldn't have to die because of it.The one's who don't want to should.Do you think we should let a child die because their family is poor? What the hell kind of people would we be. It's ironic because the one's who rant about abortion are the one's who don't want to pay for healthcare.What's up w/ that? Either you believe people have a right to live or you don't.What good is bringing a poor child into this world who will not be taken care of and left to die if their sick?

So that's a yes to the government nationalizing and having total control over the health care industry.

*****SMILE*****

Smile

I don't know where you got that from my post but I do think it's a right to have healthcare.Just like voting or free speech. We are a humane society who have a responsibility to care for those who cannot care for themselves.

Damaged Eagle wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:Why shouldn't people have to pay for a service they use? Why should we have to pay for someone else's healthcare?

RESPONSE TO QUESTION #1

You can prove that all the people you're talking about who use this service don't pay for their health care even if they don't carry a health insurance policy?

RESPONSE TO QUESTION #2

*****SMILE*****

Smile

Nobody said "all" people don't pay. You are twisting words. Most people who don't have insurance don't pay when they get sick.Everyone at some time in their life uses healthcare.An insurance policy is simply that in the event you get sick just life car insurance,life insurance, homeowner's etc.
I can't believe you asked the question in "what way are you paying for someone else's healthcare?" Who do you think pays when someone needs healthcare and they have no insurance or money? I mean -come on! We all have to pay.

Dreamsglore wrote:
Damaged Eagle wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:
Bob wrote:

*****SMILE*****

Smile

I don't know where you got that from my post but I do think it's a right to have healthcare.Just like voting or free speech. We are a humane society who have a responsibility to care for those who cannot care for themselves.

Your post read like a campaign to nationalize the health care system for all... That's where I got it from.

A humane society?????... Really???..... How many wars and battles are raging around the world?... How many people are murdered by acts of genocide around the world every day?...Over a hundred million were killed just in China during the last century alone making what Hilter did look like a drive by shooting... How many murders, rapes, child abuse cases, etc... happen in this country every day?... Then we have parents who want to abort the moment they go into labor... Humane?????... Looks to me like we're all on the...

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Akoukq5DvAE

Smile

...You are a barrel of laughs!

“And I saw, and behold a white horse: and he that sat on him had a bow; and a crown was given unto him: and he went forth conquering, and to conquer.” Revelation 6:6, Bible

Last edited by Damaged Eagle on 8/20/2012, 2:08 am; edited 2 times in total

Dreamsglore wrote:
Damaged Eagle wrote:

RESPONSE TO QUESTION #1

RESPONSE TO QUESTION #2

*****SMILE*****

Smile

Nobody said "all" people don't pay. You are twisting words. Most people who don't have insurance don't pay when they get sick.Everyone at some time in their life uses healthcare.An insurance policy is simply that in the event you get sick just life car insurance,life insurance, homeowner's etc.
I can't believe you asked the question in "what way are you paying for someone else's healthcare?" Who do you think pays when someone needs healthcare and they have no insurance or money? I mean -come on! We all have to pay.

You're statement implied that all people who don't have health insurance are unable to pay. So now you're saying that there are people who do not require health insurance because they can cover their own health care needs but you're going to FORCE them to purchase health care just because they happen to be breathing.

So what you're saying is that the government is going to pay for the person who doesn't have the cash for healthcare anyway. Therefore the health care industry should be nationalized and controlled by the government.

*****SMILE*****

Smile

Damaged Eagle wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:
Damaged Eagle wrote:

RESPONSE TO QUESTION #1

RESPONSE TO QUESTION #2

*****SMILE*****

Smile

You're statement implied that all people who don't have health insurance are unable to pay. So now you're saying that there are people who do not require health insurance because they can cover their own health care needs but you're going to FORCE them to purchase health care just because they happen to be breathing.

So what you're saying is that the government is going to pay for the person who doesn't have the cash for healthcare anyway. Therefore the health care industry should be nationalized and controlled by the government.

*****SMILE*****

Smile

Yes, we all should have healthcare and the one's who don't want to pay for it must be forced to pay.End of story.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Dreamsglore wrote:
Damaged Eagle wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:
Damaged Eagle wrote:

RESPONSE TO QUESTION #1

RESPONSE TO QUESTION #2

*****SMILE*****

Smile

*****SMILE*****

Smile

Yes, we all should have healthcare and the one's who don't want to pay for it must be forced to pay.End of story.

And if they have no money ?...what drain their blood and sell it ?

Dreamsglore wrote:
Damaged Eagle wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:
Damaged Eagle wrote:

RESPONSE TO QUESTION #1

RESPONSE TO QUESTION #2

*****SMILE*****

Smile

*****SMILE*****

Smile

Then all you have to do is demand that the government nationalize the health care industry so they can have total control of it and tax everyone to pay the health care they may or may not require.

That does appear to be what you're demanding... So grow some gonads and do it!

*****SMILE*****

Smile

My own stance remains the same we all have control of our own lives as guaranteed by the Constitution and forcing people to buy something from a private industry is unConstitutional.

“Those who desire to give up freedom in order to gain security will not have, nor do they deserve, either one.”
Benjamin Franklin

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Damaged Eagle wrote:

My own stance remains the same

We get that, dirt-dobber. Your stance which you keep stancing like a broken record is that "it's not in the constitution" and "either you nationalize the whole health care system or you let people die in the emergency room parking lot because there can be nothing in between".
We've got it, sonny. You can repeat it until your Iowa cows come home and we still get it. But just to make sure that we do...

It's not in the constitution

either you nationalize the whole health care system or you let people die in the emergency room parking lot because there can be nothing in between

either you nationalize the whole health care system or you let people die in the emergency room parking lot because there can be nothing in between

either you nationalize the whole health care system or you let people die in the emergency room parking lot because there can be nothing in between[/b]

either you nationalize the whole health care system or you let people die in the emergency room parking lot because there can be nothing in between[/b]

SmugBastard(akaBob) wrote:
Damaged Eagle wrote:

My own stance remains the same

We get that, dirt-dobber. Your stance which you keep stancing like a broken record is that "it's not in the constitution" and "either you nationalize the whole health care system or you let people die in the emergency room parking lot because there can be nothing in between".
We've got it, sonny. You can repeat it until your Iowa cows come home and we still get it. But just to make sure that we do...

...ETC...

Can anybody help me in this debate with teo. - Page 4 Stock-photo-silhouette-of-a-man-standing-on-a-horizon-30481009

No. That's why there's charities provided by various organizations and individuals that take up the slack when things fall through the cracks of government...

...You are free to donate, all your wealth if you so desire, to these various organizations just like many of the saints over the ages have done if that eases your conscious...

...Not happy with the choices you have for charities?...

...Then start your own!!!!!...

*****SMILE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3hmgkPYUuk

Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum