Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Can anybody help me in this debate with teo.

5 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 6]

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Teo like so many these days doesn't believe anything government does when it takes money from some to use it to help others is justified.

Can anyone give us any example of how that's not ALWAYS a valid argument?

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

How about the EMTALA Act, teo?

Do you think it would be better if you and I didn't help fund the emergency room care of those who have no money to pay for it?
And I know you think doctors are making us sicker.
But what about when someone is badly injured in an accident and needs emergency room care to save his/her life?
According to your policy, anytime someone is forced to pay for anything for someone else that's "robbery". So it would follow that you and me being forced to pay to keep that indigent injured person alive would be robbery?

Last edited by Bob on 8/16/2012, 11:03 pm; edited 1 time in total

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Government has No reason to give good service to us the consumer. If a private company was providing the same service they would have to cater to us or go out of business. Also if they took expensive trips to Vegas or whatever as a private company it would hurt rather than help them get more money next year..GOVERNMENT SUCKS LIKE A HOOVER !

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Answer my question right before this post.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Bob wrote:How about the EMTALA Act, teo?

Do you think it would be better if you and I didn't help fund the emergency room care of those who have no money to pay for it?

Ron Paul addressed this. Before government got in that business hospitals budgeted to help people that couldn't pay and churches helped people and people's families helped them. Of course with the help of government and technology along with lawyers the cost of medical care has gone to absurd +.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

TEOTWAWKI wrote:

Ron Paul addressed this. Before government got in that business hospitals budgeted to help people that couldn't pay and churches helped people and people's families helped them. Of course with the help of government and technology along with lawyers the cost of medical care has gone to absurd +.
Before EMTALA, there actually, truly were people who were turned away from hospitals who actually truly needed medical care to stay alive only because they didn't have the money to pay for it. And churches and other philanthropy didn't always pick up the slack.

"It was called a "wallet biopsy." Or "dumping." Very simply, prior to the implementation of the Emergency Medical Treatment and Active Labor Act of 1986, a patient coming into a hospital emergency department often had no right to treatment or even evaluation, no matter how dire his or her condition. If patients could not prove that they had the resources to pay for care, they could be turned away or sent elsewhere—sometimes in a taxi, sometimes on foot. They often suffered adverse health consequences as a result of delayed care. And sometimes they died."

http://www.hhnmag.com/hhnmag/HHNDaily/HHNDailyDisplay.dhtml?id=4770007463

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

You could make the same argument about capital punishment. Sure most people who are executed are guilty of the crime. But if only a few are innocent then is it moral to go ahead and sacrifice those few?

Would Jesus be in favor of that? And would he be in favor of letting some people die just because they couldn't pay for ER treatment?

Surely, Teo isn't against giving funds to "big oil"!

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Bob I have worked in hospitals since 1975. I am very familiar with their practices. I have seen dumping. It was done to the old University Hospital by the Big 3 here in Pensacola. People didn't complain they didn't picket they didn't write editorials they just let it happen . I watched University Hospital dry up and die. You know who I blame Bob ?...Lazy good for nothing people that let them get away with it..Local politicians, community leaders, ...lotsa folks let that happen.

TEOTWAWKI wrote:

And people died at the front steps of hospitals that denied them service. But Teo would rather die than accept treatment from a quack anyway. All doctors are money-grubbing murderers in Teo's mind.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Bob wrote:You could make the same argument about capital punishment. Sure most people who are executed are guilty of the crime. But if only a few are innocent then is it moral to go ahead and sacrifice those few?

Would Jesus be in favor of that? And would he be in favor of letting some people die just because they couldn't pay for ER treatment?

Bob you know my feelings on hospitals....clearly, so asking me to defend them is like asking me to defend the government. What do you want me to say..sure the government should come to your home at 2 am and put a gun to your head and take whatever money is needed for the poor family who's kid has to have surgery....

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Yomama wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:

And people died at the front steps of hospitals that denied them service. But Teo would rather die than accept treatment from a quack anyway. All doctors are money-grubbing murderers in Teo's mind.

People gonna die ...Hospitals just make the process seem better handled.

Why did you let them die Eric I am sure the hospital would let you start an Eric don't letem die on the front steps FUND.

Last edited by TEOTWAWKI on 8/16/2012, 11:27 pm; edited 1 time in total

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

TEOTWAWKI wrote:Bob I have worked in hospitals since 1975. I am very familiar with their practices. I have seen dumping. It was done to the old University Hospital by the Big 3 here in Pensacola. People didn't complain they didn't picket they didn't write editorials they just let it happen . I watched University Hospital dry up and die. You know who I blame Bob ?...Lazy good for nothing people that let them get away with it..Local politicians, community leaders, ...lotsa folks let that happen.
I appreciate that and your familiarity with it. But now there is no University Hospital. All the trauma care is done by the private hospitals.
SO, if EMTALA was rescinded now and we followed yours (and others') philosophy to a T (no pun intended), there would be examples of people dying only because they couldn't pay for their medical treatment themselves.

Again I ask the question. Would your deity be okay with that?

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

[quote="Bob"]
TEOTWAWKI wrote:Bob I have worked in hospitals since 1975. I am very familiar with their practices. I have seen dumping. It was done to the old University Hospital by the Big 3 here in Pensacola. People didn't complain they didn't picket they didn't write editorials they just let it happen . I watched University Hospital dry up and die. You know who I blame Bob ?...Lazy good for nothing people that let them get away with it..Local politicians, community leaders, ...lotsa folks let that happen.
I appreciate that and you're familiarity with it. But now there is no University Hospital. All the trauma care is done by the private hospitals.
SO, if EMTALA was rescinded now and we followed yours (and others' philosophy) to a T (no pun intended), there would be examples of people dying only because they couldn't pay for their medical treatment themselves.

Again I ask the question. Would your deity be okay with that?
[/quote

Don't bring god into this. He gets misused by Hospitals, government and crooks way too often. Bob you should go down to the hospital and donate to the poor. That would be far better than sending your money to the government and having 3 cents of every dollar make it back to the hospital after administrative fees.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

What's great about this is you dummys are begging the government to take more of your money..Begging !..are you crazy ?...THINK.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

TEOTWAWKI wrote:

Don't bring god into this.
When one guides his life and his moral and ethical decisions by what God would want, I would expect one to want to bring God into this as much as anything else. It's life and death like the question of abortion. I can't really understand why not.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Bob wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:

Don't bring god into this.
When one guides his life and his moral and ethical decisions by what God would want, I would expect one to want to bring God into this as much as anything else. It's life and death like the question of abortion. I can't really understand why not.

Okay you want to bring God into it. Well here's my opinion on that ! Any fool that calls themselves a Christian and is afraid to die is an insult to god. He is a coward and an unbeliever. He deserves the bowels of hell for eternity for his cowardice. Dying for a Christian is returning to be with god forever..Heavenly bliss..etc. So there chew on that ...

boards of FL

boards of FL

Public utilities, infrastructure, fire safety, police, etc. Basically goods or services that are non rivalrous and not excludable in consumption.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

TEOTWAWKI wrote:What's great about this is you dummys are begging the government to take more of your money..Begging !..are you crazy ?...THINK.
I've noticed one thing about the political dialogue in this country. Whenever one is losing a debate he always resorts to stuff like calling people "dummys".
It applies equally to both the government haters and the government lovers.

lol

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Bob wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:What's great about this is you dummys are begging the government to take more of your money..Begging !..are you crazy ?...THINK.
I've noticed one thing about the political dialogue in this country. Whenever one is losing a debate he always resorts to stuff like calling people "dummys".
lol

Okay you smug bastard...is that closer ? ...oh yeah LOL.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Don't bother banning me boards I quit....

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

TEOTWAWKI wrote:

Okay you want to bring God into it. Well here's my opinion on that ! Any fool that calls themselves a Christian and is afraid to die is an insult to god. He is a coward and an unbeliever. He deserves the bowels of hell for eternity for his cowardice. Dying for a Christian is returning to be with god forever..Heavenly bliss..etc. So there chew on that ...
If you're going to argue that whenever someone is injured in an accident that it's a Christian attitude to not care about seeking emergency medical treatment and go ahead and die, I think that very very few Christians would agree with that interpretation of Christianity. And that goes for all denominations.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

TEOTWAWKI wrote:

Okay you smug bastard...is that closer ? ...oh yeah LOL.
I don't know what it's closer to. But it is more revealing. lol

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Does this mean you, me and lurch are not gonna have that beer at the gutter? lol

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

TEOTWAWKI wrote:Government has No reason to give good service to us the consumer. If a private company was providing the same service they would have to cater to us or go out of business. Also if they took expensive trips to Vegas or whatever as a private company it would hurt rather than help them get more money next year..GOVERNMENT SUCKS LIKE A HOOVER !

What in the freakin' hell do you think HAS BEEN HAPPENING in the private sector? Do you think bankers, internet providers, insurors, for-profit hospitals, mortgage lenders, etc. have been CATERING TO US? You're nuts. Government is NOT the problem. In fact, government, when it fulfills its role as watchdog and regulator, is the only possible solution.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 6]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum