Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

idolatry of money...the Pope and all good people need to examine the growing reality

+2
Sal
2seaoat
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

2seaoat

http://worldnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/11/26/21623507-pope-francis-attacks-tyranny-of-unfettered-capitalism-idolatry-of-money?lite

He also called on rich people to share their wealth. "Just as the commandment 'Thou shalt not kill' sets a clear limit in order to safeguard the value of human life, today we also have to say 'thou shalt not' to an economy of exclusion and inequality. Such an economy kills," Francis wrote in the document issued on Tuesday.

I bought into the trickle down theory, and I argued for years a robust economy would share the wealth and by rising the sea level the ship would rise and all would benefit. I was wrong. The greed and avarice is unlimited. The decimation of the American middle class and the systematic preying on people's prejudice to advance their special interests and greed must come to an end. We must support politicians who return our tax rates to the early 80s, and we must recognize that the skewed wealth distribution is not good for America and that the shills who sell their hate and bigotry to advance the economic war on the middle class must be stopped.

Sal

Sal

So far, all I've seen is a bunch of pleasant-sounding yakety-yak.

I'll be pleased to believe otherwise when I see the church selling off some its immeasurable treasure to feed the poor.

Or when I see a social justice issue trump a pelvic one in the RCC, and the next time I see that will be the first.

Actions please.

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

Sal wrote:So far, all I've seen is a bunch of pleasant-sounding yakety-yak.

I'll be pleased to believe otherwise when I see the church selling off some its immeasurable treasure to feed the poor.

Or when I see a social justice issue trump a pelvic one in the RCC, and the next time I see that will be the first.

Actions please.
I think actions follow words. The words come first to inspire action. I am no particular fan of the Catholic Church in many regards, however, if this new pope can speak and thereby inspire us to our better selves it would be a good thing.

The pope did take action against some clergy who were living indulgent life styles. Maybe it will spread. I fear for his safety. I hope he has an official taster!! There are surely those in the upper reaches of the Church who would prefer he not rock the boat.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Actions please.
Catholic Charities, it is the second largest social service provider in the United States, surpassed only by the federal government.

Id like to help seaoat redeem himself from his life of greed and selfishness.

Seaoat, I challenge you to donate $5,000. to this nursing home. Very Happy 

Life Care Center of Hilliard is located at 3756 W Third St in Hilliard, Florida 32046. The phone number for to contact this nursing home is
(904) 845-3988

They are doing a fund raiser right now and if you donate I can make sure you get the most beautiful Christmas wreath ever. Smile 

Chrissy wrote:Id like to help seaoat redeem himself from his life of greed and selfishness.

Life Care Center of Hilliard is located at 3756 W Third St in Hilliard, Florida 32046. The phone number for to contact this nursing home is
(904) 845-3988

They are doing a fund raiser right now and if you donate I can make sure you get the most beautiful Christmas wreath ever. Smile 
Why the hell would he want to do that? Those jokers are billing the hell out of medicare and medicaid.

Dreamsglore wrote:
Chrissy wrote:Id like to help seaoat redeem himself from his life of greed and selfishness.

(904) 845-3988

Why the hell would he want to do that? Those jokers are billing the hell out of medicare and medicaid.
This is a very poor nursing home. The people are wonderful there. They get buy from the very little they get. But they have to do fund raisers for all the extra special things they do for these people. Its a very wonderful place in the middle of a very small town of very poor people.

bizguy

Medicaid, yes....Medicare, not so much

Markle

Markle

Actions please.
Churches are forced to do with far less in contributions. Taxes have gone so high families cannot afford to contribute as much as they did once and wives have been forced to work because of the taxes.

Why doesn't government sell off some of its massive wealth in land and buildings they don't use?

2seaoat

The solution is to raise revenues. The recent cuts in food stamps exceeded all the private food donations........the idea of charity is nice in theory, but the solution is to raise revenues back to where they were before America's middle class was sacked by policies which enhanced wealth in the 1%. Medicare for all with proper funding sources will solve a multitude of problems.

Markle

Markle

2seaoat wrote:The solution is to raise revenues.  The recent cuts in food stamps exceeded all the private food donations........the idea of charity is nice in theory, but the solution is to raise revenues back to where they were before America's middle class was sacked by policies which enhanced wealth in the 1%.   Medicare for all with proper funding sources will solve a multitude of problems.
In case you hadn't noticed, the rich have gotten richer and the mean income has dropped 3,000 a year.  We have more people on welfare, a higher percentage and millions more on food stamps.

That's over the past 4 1/2 years with the policies of President Barack Hussein Obama in place.

How's that working out?

How do you get more revenues with fewer and fewer people working?

idolatry of money...the Pope and all good people need to examine the growing reality 112013participation-rate-chart-fail_jpg

http://www.forbes.com/sites/kellyphillipserb/2013/11/19/tax-revenues-on-pace-to-reach-record-3-trillion-in-2014/

2seaoat wrote:The solution is to raise revenues.  The recent cuts in food stamps exceeded all the private food donations........the idea of charity is nice in theory, but the solution is to raise revenues back to where they were before America's middle class was sacked by policies which enhanced wealth in the 1%.   Medicare for all with proper funding sources will solve a multitude of problems.
Just as I thought. Your solution is for the GOV to do it with OTHER peoples money.

Please don't EVER tell us again you are a conservative/republican LOL

and please pay attention to markles information. Its spot on.

2seaoat

A conservative believes in efficiency in government function. Inefficient and more costly government is not a conservative tenet. Medicare for all is an efficient utilization of our health care resources and takes the burden of health care off employers and shifts the budget priorities. A conservative wants all people to contribute. A national sales tax seen as regressive by many would get contribution by all consumers rich or poor, and that contribution would offset payroll deductions for medicare which would allow a solvent and efficient insurance pool. Stupid is not a prerequisite for a Republican. It is for a Dixiecrat.

2seaoat wrote:A conservative believes in efficiency in government function.   Inefficient and more costly government is not a conservative tenet.  Medicare for all is an efficient utilization of our health care resources and takes the burden of health care off employers and shifts the budget priorities.   A conservative wants all people to contribute.   A national sales tax seen as regressive by many would get contribution by all consumers rich or poor, and that contribution would offset payroll deductions for medicare which would allow a solvent and efficient insurance pool.   Stupid is not a prerequisite for a Republican.   It is for a Dixiecrat.
Stupid is obviously a prerequisit for the type of republican you are. LOL

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

2seaoat wrote:A conservative believes in efficiency in government function.   Inefficient and more costly government is not a conservative tenet.  Medicare for all is an efficient utilization of our health care resources and takes the burden of health care off employers and shifts the budget priorities.   A conservative wants all people to contribute.   A national sales tax seen as regressive by many would get contribution by all consumers rich or poor, and that contribution would offset payroll deductions for medicare which would allow a solvent and efficient insurance pool.   Stupid is not a prerequisite for a Republican.   It is for a Dixiecrat.
Sounds wonderful.....in theory.

2seaoat wrote:A conservative believes in efficiency in government function. Inefficient and more costly government is not a conservative tenet. Medicare for all is an efficient utilization of our health care resources and takes the burden of health care off employers and shifts the budget priorities. A conservative wants all people to contribute. A national sales tax seen as regressive by many would get contribution by all consumers rich or poor, and that contribution would offset payroll deductions for medicare which would allow a solvent and efficient insurance pool. Stupid is not a prerequisite for a Republican. It is for a Dixiecrat.
What you purpose is the expansion in size and scope of govt... the direct intervention into economy and individual.

That sir is not conservatism... it is progressivism. An easy enough mistake for you to make I guess... lol.

2seaoat

Sorry, there you go chasing your tail.....sniffing away. Conservatism does not call for the elimination of government. Rather its highest goals are for government to operate in the most cost effective manner. Medicare has consistently been the most efficient and cost effective method to provide health care in America. Expansion of an efficient and cost effective system of delivery of health care to Americans is a goal every conservative desires. Inefficiency and burden on private industry has stymied economic growth. Yes conservatives can walk and chew gum, but nihilist and anarchist who are nothing more than a modern secessionist movement orchastrated by Dixiecrats who have temporarily confused traditional conservative tenets with their politics of hate and bigotry will not define what a conservative is, nor will they stop the implementation of medicare for all. It is as inevitable as the sun coming up, and you continuing to chase your tail barking in a frenzied race to get a good sniff.

2seaoat wrote:Sorry, there you go chasing your tail.....sniffing away. Conservatism does not call for the elimination of government. Rather its highest goals are for government to operate in the most cost effective manner. Medicare has consistently been the most efficient and cost effective method to provide health care in America. Expansion of an efficient and cost effective system of delivery of health care to Americans is a goal every conservative desires. Inefficiency and burden on private industry has stymied economic growth. Yes conservatives can walk and chew gum, but nihilist and anarchist who are nothing more than a modern secessionist movement orchastrated by Dixiecrats who have temporarily confused traditional conservative tenets with their politics of hate and bigotry will not define what a conservative is, nor will they stop the implementation of medicare for all. It is as inevitable as the sun coming up, and you continuing to chase your tail barking in a frenzied race to get a good sniff.
Elimination of govt? I've never proposed that.

Medicare for all? Medicare has evolved into a drain on resources and a driver of healthcare costs.

Nobody is talking anarchism except you... as a strawman.

There is no secession... more inflammatory assignment.

A dixiecrat is firmly placed in the progressive movement... dispite your protestations. See history.

I hate bigotry so much that I would like equal protection and rights... based purely on the content of ability.

Radical huh? Now let's get to you... one ideology grows govt... the other limits govt... which are you?

seaoat can no longer have debates without eventually running for the race card.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum