Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Government is Good - The Deficit Scare Myth vs. Reality

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

http://www.governmentisgood.com/articles.php?aid=30

"If right-wing deficit hawks get their way, they will eliminate an essential tool for fighting economic recessions and cripple our ability to make the crucial public investments in education, technology, and infrastructure that would lay the groundwork for future economic expansion.

In recent years, a new and dangerous front has opened up in the conservative war on government: the battle over deficits and debt. The anti-government forces have tried to portray their position as merely one of fiscal common sense. They say that it is simply a matter of not spending more money than one earns. But make no mistake: this anti-debt crusade is a highly politicized effort to fundamentally undermine liberal programs and progressive government in this country.
If the deficit hawks are successful, they will do major damage to society and the economy. They are promoting a deficit hysteria in an effort to force the government to enact deep cuts in vital social programs like Social Security, Medicare, and Medicaid. This fiscal austerity movement would also prevent the government from using deficit spending to speed the recovery of the economy when it is in recession. And it would inhibit us from making the crucial public investments in education, technology, energy, and transportation that are necessary to improve society and lay the foundations for future economic growth..."

17 trillion in debt from your generation running things. You're effing clueless. Sad thing is that you are running up a bill you don't intend to pay
and that is BS.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Wait until Millennials assume political power. I have already told my 28 year old daughter to vote against my interests. The Social Security system is set to collapse on the Baby Boomers. Millennials already know they won't be getting any SS, and they are going to vote en masse against having to keep the current system intact for their parents. Expect major reforms and reductions in the not too distant future. Boomers beware, as the future fixes to the system are going to reduce your benefits.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:Wait until Millennials assume political power. I have already told my 28 year old daughter to vote against my interests. The Social Security system is set to collapse on the Baby Boomers. Millennials already know they won't be getting any SS, and they are going to vote en masse against having to keep the current system intact for their parents. Expect major reforms and reductions in the not too distant future. Boomers beware, as the future fixes to the system are going to reduce your benefits.
With all due respect, Z, horse caca. SS is a stand-alone system, except when it's been raided to pay for other things, and it is NOT an entitlement. On the other side of the baby boom, SS will thrive because the population of the elderly will decline, at least for a time. I can also guarantee you that my children would never vote to reduce my paltry SS. What they might do is move to another country because they're tired of carrying the tax burden for a bunch of CEO's and blowhard Wall Street jerkoffs.

Z is right FT, so get used to a reduced check in the future. The generation getting ready to run this country is all about them. They will have no issue cutting SS. I'm preparing for a 25-50% cut and you should as well. SS is the biggest Ponzi scheme run in the history of the world.

Markle

Markle

Floridatexan wrote:
ZVUGKTUBM wrote:Wait until Millennials assume political power. I have already told my 28 year old daughter to vote against my interests. The Social Security system is set to collapse on the Baby Boomers. Millennials already know they won't be getting any SS, and they are going to vote en masse against having to keep the current system intact for their parents. Expect major reforms and reductions in the not too distant future. Boomers beware, as the future fixes to the system are going to reduce your benefits.
With all due respect, Z, horse caca.  SS is a stand-alone system, except when it's been raided to pay for other things, and it is NOT an entitlement.  On the other side of the baby boom, SS will thrive because the population of the elderly will decline, at least for a time.  I can also guarantee you that my children would never vote to reduce my paltry SS.  What they might do is move to another country because they're tired of carrying the tax burden for a bunch of CEO's and blowhard Wall Street jerkoffs.
Social Security is not a stand along program. For decades the money coming in was immediately "loaned" to the general fund. That is how President William Jefferson was able to show a "surplus" in his budget. It was income from Social Security and Medicare.

From now on, money has to be taken FROM the general fund to meet Social Security and Medicare obligations.

With MANY more people going on permanent disability, with 25% to 30% being fraudulent claims, the amount needed for SS is growing beyond former estimates.

More taxes will kick in come January, further crippling the sluggish economy.

2seaoat

tex is right.

SS does need adjustments prior to 2035. A simple increase to 150 k income for contributions works to solve the problem. This will be resolved in 2015 in congress and signed by the president.....twenty years from any problems.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

PACEDOG#1 wrote:Z is right FT, so get used to a reduced check in the future. The generation getting ready to run this country is all about them. They will have no issue cutting SS. I'm preparing for a 25-50% cut and you should as well. SS is the biggest Ponzi scheme run in the history of the world.
And you are so FOS I can't even begin to explain it to you.

Markle

Markle

2seaoat wrote:tex is right.

SS does need adjustments prior to 2035.  A simple increase to 150 k income for contributions works to solve the problem.   This will be resolved in 2015 in congress and signed by the president.....twenty years from any problems.
We've agreed on that many times.

You have yet to share with us a solution for Medicare, Prescription Drugs and a crushing $17+TRILLION DEBT GROWING BY THE MINUTE.

It is sort of like you totaling your new car and saying hey, I can fix the flat tire for $100.00 and all is well!

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Markle wrote:

SS does need adjustments prior to 2035.  A simple increase to 150 k income for contributions works to solve the problem.   This will be resolved in 2015 in congress and signed by the president.....twenty years from any problems.

You have yet to share with us a solution for Medicare, Prescription Drugs and a crushing $17+TRILLION DEBT GROWING BY THE MINUTE.

It is sort of like you totaling your new car and saying hey, I can fix the flat tire for $100.00 and all is well!
The simple solution is to cut spending from all points of the compass, and I mean, put everything on the table. Then people from all points of the ideological spectrum must concede that portions of the government that they greatly favor will also be cut. Entitlements--yes; military spending--yes; special interests--yes; government jobs/government contracts in your congressional district--yes. And that is how it should go.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Markle

Markle

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:
Markle wrote:

President Barack Hussein Obama, Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid have said we CAN'T AFFORD TO SPEND LESS, WE NEED TO SPEND MORE.
The simple solution is to cut spending from all points of the compass, and I mean, put everything on the table. Then people from all points of the ideological spectrum must concede that portions of the government that they greatly favor will also be cut. Entitlements--yes; military spending--yes; special interests--yes; government jobs/government contracts in your congressional district--yes. And that is how it should go.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum