Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Finally. Florida is first at something good. 1 million strong, and growing.

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

gulfbeachbandit

gulfbeachbandit

Florida is set to be the first state in the US to have one million active concealed weapons permit holders.

This as many are expressing concerns about gun control after the movie theater shooting in Colorado.

Right now about 950,000 people in Florida have active concealed weapons permits.

Florida's Agriculture commissioner, who operates the gun permit program, says between ten and fifteen thousand permits are being issued every month.

At that rate, Florida should pass the million permit mark by October.

"Somebody would have stopped him." - Larry Blackburn, Owner, Ammunition Sales Co.

Larry Blackburn, the owner of a local gun and ammunition store, believes lives could have been saved if more people had been carrying concealed weapons in the Colorado movie theater where a gunman opened fire last week.

Others think a large number of people packin' heat creates a dangerous situation.

"I don't think it's a good idea because I don't think people should be runnin' around shootin' each other." - Pamela Thomas, Pensacola

"Most people out there are not doing it to harm regular joes like you and me but to defend themselves." - Will Caulfield, Gulf Breeze

Out of 2.2 million permits issued since 1987, about 6200 have been revoked, 168 of which were because of gun-related crimes.

The number of applications meanwhile began rising about three years ago.

The licensing process has been sped up and. This year state lawmakers lowered the price for a permit from 85 to 70 dollars.Florida Concealed Weapons Permits
Friday, July 27 2012, 01:10 PM CDT

ghandi wrote:
"I don't think it's a good idea because I don't think people should be runnin' around shootin' each other." - Pamela Thomas, Pensacola

Pamela is clueless.

gulfbeachbandit

gulfbeachbandit

pamela thomas shouldn't be driving.

http://www.escambiaclerk.com/xml/xml_search.asp?ulname=thomas&ufname=pamela&ucasetype2=&ucase=&ucit=&ufromdate=&daterange=0&ucasetype=&uagencynbr=&uagencytype=

nochain wrote:
ghandi wrote:

Pamela is clueless.
Very clueless!...There are cemetaries around this nation filled with brave citizens that fought for and believed in the freedoms and rights of this nation...today sadly there are far too many that are willing to give up these freedoms and rights that so many sacrificed...give them away and they are gone forever..

no stress

no stress

Damn good news. Now if only the paper could label it correctly......ITS A FREAKIN LICENSE NOT A PERMIT !!!!!!

Gunz wrote:Damn good news. Now if only the paper could label it correctly......ITS A FREAKIN LICENSE NOT A PERMIT !!!!!!

Gunz it ain't only the paper that gets that incorrect. I have heard people that even have the license refer to it as a permit.

NaNook

NaNook

DHS has a new video, titled; " Run, Hide, Fight." It explains what one should do in an office shooting. The " Gun Free Zone" was posted on the front door as the perp used his PUMP SHOTGUN to bring religion to the masses.

The Senate Dems slipped an amendment to the Cyber-Security Bill, to ban clips above 10 rounds. They are bragging about it......go figure.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum