Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Why the fear of the Affordable Care Act?

+7
PBulldog2
cool1
stormwatch89
Markle
TEOTWAWKI
ZVUGKTUBM
2seaoat
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Damaged Eagle wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:For the last time, imbecile, the bill was passed, signed into law, and found constitutional by the Supremes.
That happens when people are bought & paid for. However if you like passing mandates because it's for the good of the people just because they happen to be breathing then you should look over these...

https://pensacoladiscussion.forumotion.com/t9978-next-mandatory-life-insurance

https://pensacoladiscussion.forumotion.com/t9983-next-mandatory-renters-and-home-owners-insurance

https://pensacoladiscussion.forumotion.com/t9980-next-mandatory-food-stamp-cards

https://pensacoladiscussion.forumotion.com/t9981-next-mandatory-clothing-cards

https://pensacoladiscussion.forumotion.com/t9984-next-mandatory-recreational-usage-card

Of course there's no subsidies with these mandates so the money will have to come out of whatever you make... Of course if you're not making enough you can always get a second job.

Floridatexan wrote:That covers all 3 branches of government.
Surely not all three otherwise the government wouldn't be shut down right now.

*****CHUCKLE*****  

Floridatexan wrote:That's how our democratic republic works.
Last time I checked this was a Constitutional Republic.

Perhaps you need to take a Civics 101 course?

Is the government still shut down?

*****CHUCKLE*****  

Floridatexan wrote:I'm sorry you're so delusional and braindead.
I think we're seeing you as delusional and most especially braindead right now.

*****CHUCKLE*****  

Floridatexan wrote:Turn off FOX.
Haven't watched that in years darlin'.

Why the fear of the Affordable Care Act? - Page 3 Th?id=H.4955439925560039&w=191&h=164&c=7&rs=1&pid=1

This is all me.

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaJv6L8vF-Y

Very Happy 

Oh by the way... I'm thinkin' you might need that mandatory recreational usage card as soon as possible.
Why don't you go play with your goat. You bother me, like a gnat at a picnic.

Dreamsglore wrote:
Damaged Eagle wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:
knothead wrote:that's what im saying if you love it take it ---and the ones who do not want this they should leave them alone and let them keep the ins--they so love

cool, I hear you and understand your concerns and the same goes for DE and Chrissy who have profound opposition to the implementation of ACA.  Much of the commentary both here in our little forum but across the nation the dialogue has been fueled by endless misinformation and distortions but this hyperbole comes out of the spigot of AM talk radio spewing hate and fanning the flames of fear and uncertainty.  That was the intent of the underground conservative movement and this campaign to undermine the ACA has largely been successful . . . . . the question that remains for me is how much of the hyperbole is true? How long before the glitches associated with the roll out are neutralized? When will all citizens recognize that it is near traitorous and the height of irresponsibility to be without some form of health insurance in this country? The success of the Act depends largely on young people signing up . . . . . I had great insurance personally at age 27 but many do not and I was under the impression I was bulletproof . . . . I was not.  All of us collectively have picking up the tab for the irresponsible decisions for those without insurance through higher premiums . . . . if the young people do not recognize they have a responsibility to have insurance then it reflects poorly on the character of their generation.  If it is sooooo bad, let the damn thing collapse and we will never have another Democratic person in Congress EVER . . . . I suspect the opposite is true  . . . . if maybe just maybe this damn train wreck actually works . . . .well you know the rest of the story . . .    
The problem w/ their opposition is it based on lies and misinformation just like Cool believes. Cool has  no insurance period and Obamacare is for people like her but you see what she believes. This is what the repugs have done for people.Outright lying and preventing people who could have a better quality of life. Very sad.
Oh! What lies and misinformation have I utilized?

Show me where I'm preventing people from having a better quality of life.

If you're complaining that your health care policy was inadequate then you should buy a new one. If it costs more than you can currently afford on one paycheck you are free to get a second job.

*****SMILE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=if34bKbBqXI

Smile
WTH is talking to you or about you? I'm talking about the republicans in congress.

Why the fear of the Affordable Care Act? - Page 3 Th?id=H.4718928991816156&w=290&h=131&c=7&rs=1&pid=1

You are if you had bothered to read knothead's post instead of ranting on like the Obama-Democrat-corporate shrill that you are.

Dreamsglore wrote:I wouldn't address anything to you your responses are nonsensical.
Don't worry at this point I'm feeling a severe distaste about posting to a mindless drone that does what the Obama-Democrat-corporate league tells it to do.

******SMILE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0bDY0DfEjmo

Smile 

knothead wrote:
Chrissy wrote:
knothead wrote:that's what im saying if you love it take it ---and the ones who do not want this they should leave them alone and let them keep the ins--they so love

cool, I hear you and understand your concerns and the same goes for DE and Chrissy who have profound opposition to the implementation of ACA.  Much of the commentary both here in our little forum but across the nation the dialogue has been fueled by endless misinformation and distortions but this hyperbole comes out of the spigot of AM talk radio spewing hate and fanning the flames of fear and uncertainty.  That was the intent of the underground conservative movement and this campaign to undermine the ACA has largely been successful . . . . . the question that remains for me is how much of the hyperbole is true? How long before the glitches associated with the roll out are neutralized? When will all citizens recognize that it is near traitorous and the height of irresponsibility to be without some form of health insurance in this country? The success of the Act depends largely on young people signing up . . . . . I had great insurance personally at age 27 but many do not and I was under the impression I was bulletproof . . . . I was not.  All of us collectively have picking up the tab for the irresponsible decisions for those without insurance through higher premiums . . . . if the young people do not recognize they have a responsibility to have insurance then it reflects poorly on the character of their generation.  If it is sooooo bad, let the damn thing collapse and we will never have another Democratic person in Congress EVER . . . . I suspect the opposite is true  . . . . if maybe just maybe this damn train wreck actually works . . . .well you know the rest of the story . . .    
Im sorry. What part of my profession took a 52% cut do you think is a lie?

What part of what happens when you take cuts in revenue and cost keep going up?

Can you figure that one out yourself or do you like most on here need the democrat party to hand you some BS lie?

Maybe just maybe the health care industry has been overpaid for the past four decades . . . . building these castles for hospitals and I know, on a personal basis, many many physicians . . . . friends honestly and yes this is a wrinkle to their party no doubt . . . . one even said to me that everyone of them deserve to earn at least $500,000 a year!
You know there are a lot of jobs in the world.

You got peoples who study English and shits, and they teaches English, and they so angriish they wants to ruin all th little heads that comith upon them

and you gots peoples who take drama class, and theys goes and make a movie, and they makes so much, they BIG star, you worship and worry over them... dream about them, touch youself over them, pay big moneys to sit ands watch

and you gots peoples who go in debt with a goal of doing something good for others, they feel blessed to be intelligent enough to put themselves in debt that they can serve you. and really, I now understand my doctor. he should let all of you mother fuckers die.

"You got peoples who study English and shits, and they teaches English, and they so angriish they wants to ruin all th little heads that comith upon them"

Priceless.

Dreamsglore wrote:"You got peoples who study English and shits, and they teaches English, and they so angriish they wants to ruin all th little heads that comith upon them"

Priceless.
Laughing 

I am priceless....Cool 

you? Yawn.......................................................................................

Floridatexan wrote:
Damaged Eagle wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:For the last time, imbecile, the bill was passed, signed into law, and found constitutional by the Supremes.
That happens when people are bought & paid for. However if you like passing mandates because it's for the good of the people just because they happen to be breathing then you should look over these...

https://pensacoladiscussion.forumotion.com/t9978-next-mandatory-life-insurance

https://pensacoladiscussion.forumotion.com/t9983-next-mandatory-renters-and-home-owners-insurance

https://pensacoladiscussion.forumotion.com/t9980-next-mandatory-food-stamp-cards

https://pensacoladiscussion.forumotion.com/t9981-next-mandatory-clothing-cards

https://pensacoladiscussion.forumotion.com/t9984-next-mandatory-recreational-usage-card

Of course there's no subsidies with these mandates so the money will have to come out of whatever you make... Of course if you're not making enough you can always get a second job.

Floridatexan wrote:That covers all 3 branches of government.
Surely not all three otherwise the government wouldn't be shut down right now.

*****CHUCKLE*****  

Floridatexan wrote:That's how our democratic republic works.
Last time I checked this was a Constitutional Republic.

Perhaps you need to take a Civics 101 course?

Is the government still shut down?

*****CHUCKLE*****  

Floridatexan wrote:I'm sorry you're so delusional and braindead.
I think we're seeing you as delusional and most especially braindead right now.

*****CHUCKLE*****  

Floridatexan wrote:Turn off FOX.
Haven't watched that in years darlin'.

This is all me.

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaJv6L8vF-Y

Very Happy 

Oh by the way... I'm thinkin' you might need that mandatory recreational usage card as soon as possible.
Why don't you go play with your goat.  You bother me, like a gnat at a picnic.  
Why the fear of the Affordable Care Act? - Page 3 Th?id=H.4824713974514319&w=250&h=169&c=7&rs=1&pid=1

I'm playing with my goat right now so quit trying to slap me.

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V87ZNemLyRk

Laughing

PBulldog2

PBulldog2

cool1 wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:
cool1 wrote:all of you will see just give it time------The president don't want the crap But wants us to take it --alarm goes off there---we didn't read it --another alarm --people loosing there ins--another alarm---on and on and on .
Insurance went up on people
giving waivers out -----you have to pay but this one don't -----BS   BS  
One thing you can say and be honest when you say it Obama lies ---I don't  trust people that don't tell the truth--believe one lie you believe them all not me you lie to me that's it Im not going to trust another word your saying ---And I still think more pages need to be read, before its all over with everyone will hate this.

I think everyone should have a choice to buy or not --The ones who love it , Take it -the ones who don't --just don't
In my case I am not going to take it because you don't know what your getting lol

geeze this train has derailed
Well, if everyone should have a choice to buy or not buy then I'm fine w/ that as long as all hospitals and drs. have a choice to not treat anyone who can't pay for it.[/quo
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tell Obama that --Tell him if he don't take the ins---that his doc--isn't going to see him I would love that.   Tell him he must take his Obama care and drop his ins---and if he don't he will pay a fine and not have a doc--really !let me know how that works out
Cool, people who already had insurance through their work - as President Obama did - do not need to do anything. Why would they?

Others such as myself who have never been able to obtain private insurance at any price due to a pre-existing condition will now be able to purchase private health insurance for the first time in many years.

I stayed in a job I was beginning to loathe only because I had insurance. I am older, so I knew starting over again in another line of work could be iffy, if at all.

For years, I worked at a job that did more harm to me than good. It was not a happy job; it certainly wasn't my "bliss."

You see, there was something else I wanted to do. I wanted to grow and sell plants, herbs and flowers from my greenhouse, and offer them for sale at local markets. I also want to write.

When I'm in my greenhouse, or "playing in the dirt" (as my husband calls it), I am so absorbed and concentrated that time goes by so fast! When I was working in my other job, I had come to dread every long hour.

This past year, in January, my prior workplace changed their insurance. All staff had to go to that hospital or one of their subsidiaries for care, or face stiff co-pays or, for some services, pay 100%. I was no longer able to be treated by my doctor of 12 years or go to the hospital of my choice for care without an paying full cost for most services.

When I was talking with the insurance salesman at work last November, I asked what what happen if I took a trip to Tallahassee to see my sister and had a heart attack. He just looked at me, glumly, and said, "You would be paying a whole lot more .....most likely the whole cost."

I suppose this huge, octopus of a health care system actually believes their employees will go to to doctors at The Octopus simply because they work there.

April was the final good bye for me. I left work. I took a huge leap of faith, and started working in my greenhouses and gardens again. I do it every day. It is the most rewarding work I can think of, because when I'm working, I also make up stories in my head that I can write. Children or animal stories, most likely. Very Happy 

Now, let me say I'm proud of Mr. Obama, because he managed to pull off some way to improve access to care for all of us. It is not what he wanted - but is was all he could pass. And he did. I thank him for that, for what he gave me is freedom.

Last edited by PBulldog2 on 10/5/2013, 11:10 am; edited 3 times in total

Thank you PB for your story. I too have a similar story about insurance that happened to me 7 years ago this past Aug. I was also in a job I hated. I worked in a children's advocacy center where everyday was a nightmare of abused children coming in and their parents crying in my office. The atmosphere was very hostile, the police were jerks and the director was a vindictive beotch. I got a better job and took a week off to celebrate before starting my new job. My health insurance ended at the end of the month and I got in a car accident 3 days before it ended. I was unable to go to my new job and they had to hire someone else and then I had no health insurance also. I had to pay a phenomenal cobra payment to keep the insurance going for ongoing treatment and surgeries. I got my current job after I recovered which my insurance started on day one which was fortunate as most you have to wait 3-6 months. The point is if anything happens again I will at least have affordable healthcare now and that is a great feeling. Thank you President Obama!

Markle

Markle

knothead wrote:
Chrissy wrote:

Im sorry. What part of my profession took a 52% cut do you think is a lie?

What part of what happens when you take cuts in revenue and cost keep going up?

Can you figure that one out yourself or do you like most on here need the democrat party to hand you some BS lie?

Maybe just maybe the health care industry has been overpaid for the past four decades . . . . building these castles for hospitals and I know, on a personal basis, many many physicians . . . . friends honestly and yes this is a wrinkle to their party no doubt . . . . one even said to me that everyone of them deserve to earn at least $500,000 a year!
What percentage of hospitals are non-profit today?

I would agree, except for doctors who have become nothing more than pill pushers or are lousy. Why does Canada have a shortage of doctors and up to year long waiting lists for procedures and we do not? What innovation, new drug or new technology has come to the world from Canada?

Markle

Markle

Dreamsglore wrote:Thank you PB for your story. I too have a similar story about insurance that happened to me 7 years ago this past Aug. I was also in a job I hated. I worked in a children's advocacy center where everyday was a nightmare of abused children coming in and their parents crying in my office. The atmosphere was very hostile, the police were jerks and the director was a vindictive beotch. I got a better job and took a week off to celebrate before starting my new job. My health insurance ended at the end of the month and I got in a car accident 3 days before it ended. I was unable to go to my new job and  they had to hire someone else and then I had no health insurance also. I had to pay a phenomenal cobra payment to keep the insurance going for ongoing treatment and surgeries. I got my current job after I recovered which my insurance started on day one which was fortunate as most you have to wait 3-6 months. The point is if anything happens again I will at least have affordable healthcare now and that is a great feeling. Thank you President Obama!
Typical Progressive, YOU made bad decisions and someone else should be responsible.  You must be fairly old if your insurance went down, now it is supposed to be subsidized by young workers 18 -35 who are getting hosed.

Last edited by Markle on 10/5/2013, 2:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

PBulldog2

PBulldog2

Markle wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:Thank you PB for your story. I too have a similar story about insurance that happened to me 7 years ago this past Aug. I was also in a job I hated. I worked in a children's advocacy center where everyday was a nightmare of abused children coming in and their parents crying in my office. The atmosphere was very hostile, the police were jerks and the director was a vindictive beotch. I got a better job and took a week off to celebrate before starting my new job. My health insurance ended at the end of the month and I got in a car accident 3 days before it ended. I was unable to go to my new job and  they had to hire someone else and then I had no health insurance also. I had to pay a phenomenal cobra payment to keep the insurance going for ongoing treatment and surgeries. I got my current job after I recovered which my insurance started on day one which was fortunate as most you have to wait 3-6 months. The point is if anything happens again I will at least have affordable healthcare now and that is a great feeling. Thank you President Obama!
Typical, YOU made bad decisions and someone else should be responsible.  You must be fairly old if you insurance went down, now it is supposed to be subsidized by young workers 18 -35 who are getting hosed.
What an idiotic, cruel thing to say, Markle. Dreams was in a car accident! Do you think that was her decision?

And what to do you mean about "insurance going down?" Ever hear of COBRA? Dreams was using COBRA to bridge the gap between jobs. Do you have some problem with that? Or are you criticizing her because she didn't have a private policy? I don't know about Dreams' situation, but there are some of us who couldn't obtain private policies at any price. Now we can, thanks to the ACA.

Where in Dream's letter did she say she wanted other people to be responsible? I didn't see that anywhere.

Markle, sometimes you are so dense. You sit there with your "socialistic" Medicare policy and slam those who have had difficulty maintaining private insurance for whatever reason.

Your attitude sickens me. Good thing I'll be able to have a private insurance policy soon, eh?

What kind of a moron are you,Markle? I mean it's clear you're a moron but I'm not sure what type? How does some guy T-boning me make for bad decisions? My insurance is a state employee group plan and has nothing to do w/ my age. We got rebates and the premiums went down, oh senile one.

Dreamsglore wrote:What kind of a moron are you,Markle? I mean it's clear you're a moron but I'm not sure what type? How does some guy T-boning me make for bad decisions? My insurance is a state employee group plan and has nothing to do w/ my age. We got rebates and the premiums went down, oh senile one.
actually you didn't make bad decisions, you made good ones, you PAID your cobra payments and had care.

what you are is a gov teet sucking wench because you ant SOMEONE ELSE to pay for it.

Now that's the mother of all your brilliant statements! I paid Cobra and got someone else to pay for it? LOL! Do you have a brain at all?

dumpcare

Markle wrote:
2seaoat wrote:No law is perfect, but why this irrational fear?  What forces are driving this dialogue so filled with misinformation and lies?  If you can identify the same, I think we can find out who the traitors are.  The Act is imperfect and all Americans should be working to make the law and our health system work more efficiently and work for quality health care which is affordable for our citizens.  There is nothing socialistic about wanting a fair, efficient delivery of health care for American citizens........so what is this really about?
ObamaCare has proven to be a train wreck, perfect isn't even seen at the end of the tunnel.

We told you so but COSTS are stunning people and they are finding out their deductible, in some areas is $5,000 to $13,000 plus the "insurance" only pays 60% to 72% of the costs leaving the patient with the deductible along with the 28% - 40% "co-pay".

No such thing as a deductible of $10,000 anymore, please find the sources to quote from that are accurate.

Dreamsglore wrote:Now that's the mother of all your brilliant statements! I paid Cobra and got someone else to pay for it? LOL! Do you have a brain at all?
you have a comprehension problem. I said you WANT someone else to pay for it. YOU are mad you had to pay it even though you survived paying for it.

2seaoat

Premiums will vary across the country, but federal officials said that consumers in many states would be able to buy insurance on the exchange for less than $300 a month — and less than $100 a month per person after taking account of federal subsidies.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/09/23/health/lower-health-insurance-premiums-to-come-at-cost-of-fewer-choices.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

There is a price for those low premiums as many doctors will be outside the network. This is a start, but the truth still remains. A single payer system or medicaid for all which is funded by new revenue sources is the only solution.

dumpcare

When you speak of out of network doctor's, true some will be depending on the plan. HMO's have their networks, PPO's have their's and you can use out of network and pay more and then there are PPO select plans that have a very select network of provider's. Nothing new here, been that way for years.

Chrissy:

How do I want someone else to pay for it when I had a policy that ended w/ affordable premiums just because I left my job? You missed the whole point of having insurance between jobs that the ACA now provides,Dilbert.

Dreamsglore wrote:Chrissy:

How do I want someone else to pay for it when I had a policy that ended w/ affordable premiums just because I left my job? You missed the whole point of having insurance between jobs that the ACA now provides,Dilbert.
No , you were bitching because you had to pay the high premium of cobra.

do you think you are the only one who has not had ins? hell i have spent half of my life without it, and I am just fine.

say or do what you want, and I know it will be said with good intentions as all disaster are. but you wont save everybody. life will never be perfect, absolute equality is impossible. and cutting the pill in 4's will only kill all 4 instead of saving 2.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

People naturally and rightly fear the unknown...let's pass this thing and then we can see what's in it may be the most idiotic thing EVER said by anyone....

Markle

Markle

PBulldog2 wrote:
Markle wrote:
Typical, YOU made bad decisions and someone else should be responsible.  You must be fairly old if you insurance went down, now it is supposed to be subsidized by young workers 18 -35 who are getting hosed.
What an idiotic, cruel thing to say, Markle. Dreams was in a car accident! Do you think that was her decision?

And what to do you mean about "insurance going down?" Ever hear of COBRA? Dreams was using COBRA to bridge the gap between jobs. Do you have some problem with that? Or are you criticizing her because she didn't have a private policy? I don't know about Dreams' situation, but there are some of us who couldn't obtain private policies at any price. Now we can, thanks to the ACA.

Where in Dream's letter did she say she wanted other people to be responsible? I didn't see that anywhere.

Markle, sometimes you are so dense. You sit there with your "socialistic" Medicare policy and slam those who have had difficulty maintaining private insurance for whatever reason.

Your attitude sickens me. Good thing I'll be able to have a private insurance policy soon, eh?
So if she was insured, why is she whining?

I believe ObamaCare ran out of money for people with pre-existing conditions.  Far fewer people than expected tried to enroll a few months ago.

I paid for Medicare for many years and I pay today.

2seaoat

I paid for Medicare for many years and I pay today.

Therein is the final answer.

2seaoat wrote:There is a price for those low premiums as many doctors will be outside the network. This is a start, but the truth still remains. A single payer system or medicaid for all which is funded by new revenue sources is the only solution.
Atleast you've begun to acknowledge that the result will be closer to medicaid... I still find that optimistic however.

2seaoat wrote:I paid for Medicare for many years and I pay today.

Therein is the final answer.
does it now?

You are aware tat with the small amount people pay in a full scale mediare privilege could not be sustainably done for the country?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum