Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

How the Affordable Care Act Will Strengthen the Nation's Primary Care Foundation

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

http://www.commonwealthfund.org/Publications/In-Brief/2011/May/How-ACA-Will-Strengthen-Primary-Care-Foundation.aspx

The Issue
The underperformance of the U.S. health care system can be traced in large part to the nation's weak primary care foundation. The Affordable Care Act seeks to strengthen this foundation by enhancing reimbursement rates for primary care providers and promoting innovative care delivery models like patient-centered medical homes.

What the Study Found
Provider incentives: The Affordable Care Act provides a 10 percent primary care bonus to clinicians who participate in Medicare. Beginning this year, primary care physicians, nurses, and physician assistants will be eligible for the bonus as long as 60 percent of the services they coded were for primary care. In addition, in 2013 and 2014, Medicaid payment rates for primary care physicians will be increased to match Medicare rates. To encourage young physicians to enter the field, the law also offers scholarships and loan forgiveness programs.
Patient-centered medical homes: The Act encourages widespread adoption of patient-centered medical homes by offering states the option to increase reimbursement to primary care sites designated as "health homes" for Medicaid patients with chronic conditions. Medical or health homes are considered an integral part of accountable care organizations.
Center for Medicare and Medicaid Innovation: This new agency, located within the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, will test innovative payment and delivery system models that show promise for improving the quality of care and slowing cost growth in Medicare, Medicaid, and the Children's Health Insurance Program. Innovations to be tested include the patient-centered medical home and community-based health teams to support small-practice medical homes.
Conclusions
The health reform law's combination of health insurance expansion and payment and delivery system reforms can help achieve the goals of affordable coverage for all, better-quality care, and slower cost growth. Stakeholders must work together to ensure reform efforts are successful, with physicians leading the way, the authors say.

Citation
K. Davis, M. K. Abrams, and K. Stremikis, "How the Affordable Care Act Will Strengthen the Nation’s Primary Care Foundation," Journal of General Internal Medicine, published online April 27, 2011.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

How the Affordable Care Act Will Strengthen the Nation's Primary Care Foundation Medicaid-map-2

ah how sweet. this is so wonderful if you just need your nose blown lol

Unfortunately even for the nose blowers, there are just not enough of them.

But im always amused when you guys think you have found a sweet spot.

Let me tell you what you are really going to get.

Your going to get massive amounts of people who have a 4-5 year education running healthcare.

please refer to the thread about NP's and PAs

effectively I know you like this, but what you have done is effectively made it not prosperous for those of us who are intelligent enough to be doctors to want to practice or seek higher education.

yes, you have lowered the bar.

spin it anyway you wish. LOL

Markle

Markle

Floridatexan wrote:
http://www.commonwealthfund.org/Publications/In-Brief/2011/May/How-ACA-Will-Strengthen-Primary-Care-Foundation.aspx

Citation
K. Davis, M. K. Abrams, and K. Stremikis, "How the Affordable Care Act Will Strengthen the Nation’s Primary Care Foundation," Journal of General Internal Medicine, published online April 27, 2011.
AGAIN from my far left Progressive good friend Floridatexan. An opinion piece, from a far left Progressive source which is even OUT OF DATE.

Your utter desperation is duly noted.

Keep up your level of work!

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Chrissy wrote:ah how sweet. this is so wonderful if you just need your nose blown lol

Unfortunately  even for the nose blowers, there are just not enough of them.

Your going to get massive amounts of people who have a 4-5 year education running healthcare.

effectively I know you like this, but what you have done is effectively made it not prosperous for those of us who are intelligent enough to be doctors to want to practice or seek higher education.

You are not a doctor. You do not have the intelligence to be a doctor...nor the level of caring required.

Markle

Markle

Floridatexan wrote:
Chrissy wrote:ah how sweet. this is so wonderful if you just need your nose blown lol

You are not a doctor.  You do not have the intelligence to be a doctor...nor the level of caring required.
“When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser.”
― Socrates

Floridatexan, we understand your desperation but why do you have to be so vile and nasty? Do you think it does anything other than make people laugh at you?

FT and the liberals have no excuses for their hero and that's why they are so po'ed.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Blumenthal

During the U.S. presidential campaign in 1987-1988, Blumenthal was chief health advisor to the Dukakis campaign. Twenty years later, in 2008, he was senior health adviser to the Obama campaign. On March 20, 2009, President Obama appointed Blumenthal to be the National Health Information Technology Coordinator, just a month after the enactment of a federal stimulus package that included about $19 billion in incentives, through Medicare and Medicaid, for the adoption of electronic health records.

Floridatexan wrote:

You are not a doctor.  You do not have the intelligence to be a doctor...nor the level of caring required.
I never said I was a doctor. I said those of us ( us = those in the health care profession) who are smart enough to be one, will choose not to be. its much easier to be a NP or PA.

tiring to explain everything to you. No 

Markle wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:

― Socrates

Floridatexan, we understand your desperation but why do you have to be so vile and nasty?  Do you think it does anything other than make people laugh at you?
Ah... while Chrissy calls people "cunts" and not a word from you. LOL!

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Markle wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:

― Socrates

Floridatexan, we understand your desperation but why do you have to be so vile and nasty?  Do you think it does anything other than make people laugh at you?
I hate liars, Markle. And you're a professional liar. I also don't care whether people laugh at me or not.

Dreamsglore wrote:
Markle wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:

― Socrates

How the Affordable Care Act Will Strengthen the Nation's Primary Care Foundation Cunt10

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Chrissy wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:
Markle wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:

― Socrates

How the Affordable Care Act Will Strengthen the Nation's Primary Care Foundation Cunt10
How the Affordable Care Act Will Strengthen the Nation's Primary Care Foundation Eliminate-Skunk-Odor

The professional lie resides at 1600 Pennsulvania Ave

Floridatexan wrote:
Chrissy wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:
Markle wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:

― Socrates

How the Affordable Care Act Will Strengthen the Nation's Primary Care Foundation Eliminate-Skunk-Odor
But I'm a goodlookin one.Wink Something which you no longer have.

Dreamsglore wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:
Chrissy wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:
Markle wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:

― Socrates

But I'm a goodlookin one.Wink Something which you no longer have.
LOL

Markle

Markle

Floridatexan wrote:
Markle wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:

― Socrates

I hate liars, Markle.  And you're a professional liar.  I also don't care whether people laugh at me or not.  

Once again you accuse me of being a liar...and yet...you can never back up your...accusation. PLEASE, show us all where.

Once again my far left Progressive good friend.

― Socrates

Floridatexan wrote:I also don't care whether people laugh at me or not.  
How the Affordable Care Act Will Strengthen the Nation's Primary Care Foundation Is?sw7Dbd9CufMJZpbo_OuzfnM5gr2HH_8zb58DeYaHrQs

That's good to know.

I always thought that your replies were to much like a stand up comedy act to be true darlin'...

*****ROFLMAO*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nC9P8-B42cA

Laughing

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum