Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

American Psychiatric Association research

+6
2seaoat
Nekochan
Joanimaroni
Markle
TEOTWAWKI
Slicef18
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Slicef18

Slicef18

The American Psychiatric Association research reveals a higher incidence of mental illness in the Black community than society at large. It is believed to be caused by a mistrust in traditional medical healthcare. Blacks are often told to go a Preacher.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Well the shooter was on SRIs and was a Buddhist so guess that doesn't work with yer theory....

Slicef18 wrote:The American Psychiatric Association research reveals a higher incidence of mental illness in the Black community than society at large. It is believed to be caused by a mistrust in traditional medical healthcare. Blacks are often told to go a Preacher.  

You really are full of shit, you know?

Did it ever occur to you that poor white people (who, I'm sure have more mental problems than rich white people) and black people are very much the same in that they don't go to a psychiatrist because they can't afford to?

Last edited by bluemoon on 9/17/2013, 8:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

TEOTWAWKI wrote:Well the shooter was on SRIs and was a Buddhist so guess that doesn't work with yer theory....

LOL. That's good Teo.
Wow, a Buddhist shooter. Now that's a strange one, to be sure.

Markle

Markle

bluemoon wrote:
Slicef18 wrote:The American Psychiatric Association research reveals a higher incidence of mental illness in the Black community than society at large. It is believed to be caused by a mistrust in traditional medical healthcare. Blacks are often told to go a Preacher.  

Did it ever occur to you that poor white people (who, I'm sure have more mental problems than rich white people) and black people are very much the same in that they don't go to a psychiatrist because they can't afford to?
Wow...haven't seen many people with so much bottled up anger. Seek help or you could end up like this shooter.

well statistically blacks do have a higher incidence of this as well as crime.

I would like to see the link though.

and guess what. I do not think this person was a buhdist. I am waiting for more info on that. I think someone is confused, or this person may have been so dumb he was confused. who knows

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Markle wrote:
bluemoon wrote:

Wow...haven't seen many people with so much bottled up anger.  Seek help or you could end up like this shooter.

cheers cheers cheers

Nekochan

Nekochan

News reports say that he went to Thailand for a period of time and that he was able to chant in Thai at the temple he attended in Texas. 
It's all very strange.

Nekochan wrote:News reports say that he went to Thailand for a period of time and that he was able to chant in Thai at the temple he attended in Texas. 
It's all very strange.
Odd, this may be one of the oddest puzzles we have been presented with yet.

Markle wrote:
bluemoon wrote:

Wow...haven't seen many people with so much bottled up anger.  Seek help or you could end up like this shooter.
I'm not angry, you haven't seen me angry. I'm not even giving you hell. As Harry Truman said, I'm just telling the truth about you and you think it's hell.

This is just one more outrageously racist thread, and isn't even based on a news link of any kind.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Markle wrote:
bluemoon wrote:

That's her normal demeanor.  Pleasant huh?

TEOTWAWKI wrote:Well the shooter was on SRIs and was a Buddhist so guess that doesn't work with yer theory....
It's SSRI's and that's a good indication there was more than depression going on there.

2seaoat

It's all very strange.

Actually 289 people are shot every day and eighty six die from guns every day. Nothing strange here.

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/01/16/16547690-just-the-facts-gun-violence-in-america?lite

It should be expected.

bluemoon wrote:

Well, that's not an excuse. Just about every county has a community mental health center that provides services for free or on a sliding scale basis.

Nekochan

Nekochan

2seaoat wrote:It's all very strange.

Actually 289 people are shot every day and eighty six die from guns every day.  Nothing strange here.

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/01/16/16547690-just-the-facts-gun-violence-in-america?lite

It should be expected.
Most of those aren't mass killings though.  And usually workplace violence involves an ex-employee who has it in for certain people.

2seaoat

Most of those aren't mass killings though. And usually workplace violence involves an ex-employee who has it in for certain people.

289 people are shot every day in America and almost 90 die a day from those gunshots, and you think there is a distinction?

Nekochan

Nekochan

2seaoat wrote:Most of those aren't mass killings though.  And usually workplace violence involves an ex-employee who has it in for certain people.

289 people are shot every day in America and almost 90 die a day from those gunshots, and you think there is a distinction?
Yes, I do.

2seaoat

Number of Murders by firearms, Britain, 2011*: 58
(equivalent to 290 US murders)..........a couple of days.

Nekochan

Nekochan

Seaoat, are you saying that the murders yesterday at the Navy Yard are the very same as a guy going to his ex wife's house and shooting her dead?

If so, I disagree.

bluemoon wrote:

Actually he's correct. It's you who are uninformed. Blacks don't get mental illness more than whites but they are untreated more than whites. Nothing racial about that so go do some research before you spout about racist threads.

2seaoat

Seaoat, are you saying that the murders yesterday at the Navy Yard are the very same as a guy going to his ex wife's house and shooting her dead?

Not exactly.....I think you can go up one more level and talk about gun violence. I am numb at the totality of the problem, yet we focus on a mere 15 or 20 people and want to look at the shooter to figure out the problem, or rationalize that a persons race is a contributing factor......at a scientific level we have become believers in the flat earth society. The problem has very little to do with the person who pulls the trigger.

Sal

Sal

2seaoat wrote:The problem has very little to do with the person who pulls the trigger.

Elaborate, please.

2seaoat

We have recognized over the last 2,000 years that certain things are simply inherently dangerous. A farmer who had a bull in England, and that bull broke out and hurt people, early on in our British Heritage we said the liability should not be a fault determination, rather it should be strict liability. We try to attach all kinds of analysis to those using guns, or raising cattle, but in the end society has always assigned strict liability taking away this entire discussion which borderlines on pure insanity.

We are a free society which has certain constitutional protections on firearm ownership. We are a free society which has certain constitutional protections on bull ownership. It is time to apply the right standard to gun use, and quit talking about negligence. Those who own and sell bulls must be found strictly liable for the inherently dangerous thing they introduce into the stream of commerce.

firearm deaths have decreased almost 50% since its peak in the mid 1990s.

http://www.pewsocialtrends.org/2013/05/07/gun-homicide-rate-down-49-since-1993-peak-public-unaware/

The findings of two criminologists - Prof. Don Kates and Prof. Gary Mauser - in their exhaustive study of American and European gun laws and violence rates, are telling:

Nations with stringent anti-gun laws generally have substantially higher murder rates than those that do not. The study found that the nine European nations with the lowest rates of gun ownership (5,000 or fewer guns per 100,000 population) have a combined murder rate three times higher than that of the nine nations with the highest rates of gun ownership (at least 15,000 guns per 100,000 population).

http://theacru.org/acru/harvard_study_gun_control_is_counterproductive/

2seaoat

Nobody is talking about gun control. I am talking about strict liability. In that analysis it does not matter a bit on the shooter.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum