Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Shootings at Washington Navy Yard

+6
Jake92
Sal
TEOTWAWKI
cool1
Joanimaroni
Nekochan
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Markle

Markle

Joanimaroni wrote:Tragic, nice looking young man turns on fellow workers.
He wasn't from Washington. Questions are why he went to Washington.

He also had several weapons charges. He shot out the tires of a contractors truck of a construction company doing work next to him. He also shot into the apartment above him claiming it was an accident. His upstairs neighbor claimed he had complained about noise she was making previously.

He claims that he was at 9/11 doing rescue work.

His father stated on an earlier arrest that he had mental problems.

Sal

Sal

"You know what, we see a lot of trauma. And you know, sometimes it's just, you know —accidents that occur that we get to help people with, because they're accidents. And then you see what I call senseless trauma. And there is — there's something evil in our society that we as Americans have to work to try and eradicate.

I — I have to say, I may see this everyday, I may, you know, be the Chief Medical Officer of a very large trauma center. But there's something wrong here when we have these multiple shootings, these multiple injuries. There is something wrong. and the only thing that I can say is we have to work together to get rid of it.

I would like you to put my trauma center out of business. I really would. I would like to not be an expert on gunshots and not to be an expert on this. We are — we do it well. Very experienced surgeons. But, quite frankly, I would rather they were doing their surgery on other things. And you know, it's a great city. It's a great country. And we have to work together to get rid of this. Because we just cannot have, you know, one more shooting with, you know, so many people killed.

We've got to figure this out. We've got to be able to help each other. We're dealing right now with three innocent people. But my prayers and my thoughts go out to those people who have died as a result of today. And, you know, their families and what they're going to have to go through. So I have to say, you know, it's a challenge to all of us. Let's get rid of this. This is not America. This is not Washington D.C. This is not good. So we have got to work to get rid of this." - MedStar Washington Hospital Center Chief Medical Officer Janis Orlowski

Markle

Markle

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:I am surprised the usual posters haven't yet blamed Barrack Hussein Obama for not protecting Americans inside the nation's capital.

BTW, where is poster Markle? He must be over at Cut-and-Paste Central, looking for new material that implies the above.
Not surprised that hate is all you have at a tragic time like this. You must be so proud.

So whats the motive?

angry leftie?

muslim convert?

couldn't find a job and was angry at being booted?

travon martin revenge?

Nekochan

Nekochan

He's originally from New York.  He was discharged from the Navy for misconduct.  It's being reported that he practiced Buddhism.  It's also being reported that he had PTSD from the 911 attacks in NY. 

It's difficult to say what was going on in his brain.  We may never know unless more information comes out.  I do wonder if he left a note or anything.

Nekochan wrote:He's originally from New York.  He was discharged from the Navy for misconduct.  It's being reported that he practiced Buddhism.  It's also being reported that he had PTSD from the 911 attacks in NY. 

It's difficult to say what was going on in his brain.  We may never know unless more information comes out.  I do wonder if he left a note or anything.
So let me get this right because I was terribly buy today when all that occurred and since ive been home ive been either looking at that ship or trying to aggravate here LOL

He snuck into the base? and he was in the hospital portion?

Id be interested in knowing what he got kicked out of the navy for.

Nekochan

Nekochan

The shootings didn't take place in a hospital...it was mostly in a cafeteria, I think.   It's being reported that he was kicked out of the navy because of a gun charge in Texas and that he was also arrested several other places.  But it's also reported that he was a subcontractor for the Navy after he was kicked out. I don't know if he had an ID, because it was also reported that he stole an ID to get into the base today.  I question how he became a contractor with his past history.   If nothing else, the gov needs to start looking at how contractors get clearances.

Nekochan wrote:The shootings didn't take place in a hospital...it was mostly in a cafeteria, I think.   It's being reported that he was kicked out of the navy because of a gun charge in Texas and that he was also arrested several other places.  But it's also reported that he was a subcontractor for the Navy after he was kicked out. I don't know if he had an ID, because it was also reported that he stole an ID to get into the base today.  I question how he became a contractor with his past history.   If nothing else, the gov needs to start looking at how contractors get clearances.
oh wow. you got to love how the media is so in a hurry to be the first one to get info out there they put all this wrong info out there and then have to retract it only to confuse the hell out of any accurate story that might be found once the dust clears.

I heard on the way home today it was 13 dead. very sad.

I wonder if they will treat it as a terrorist act?

stormwatch89

stormwatch89

Chrissy wrote:So whats the motive?

angry leftie?

muslim convert?

travon martin revenge?

I heard this morning that he didn't feel his benefits were adequate?????

Geez, we're in trouble!

PKR, agreed.  Had the people been allowed to carry guns, the toll would be minimal.

Sal

Sal

This nut had shot out a neighbor's tires in an "anger fueled blackout", and shot through his ceiling into the apartment above which was occupied by a neighbor with whom he had a history of conflict over noise.

And, he was legally able to obtain firearms.

Yes, the problem is not enough guns.

Houston, we have a problem.

Last edited by Sal on 9/17/2013, 9:00 am; edited 1 time in total

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Shelter in place...otherwise known as "assume the sitting duck pose"...

Shootings at Washington Navy Yard - Page 2 Duck10

A NEW and IMPROVED gun free zone might have helped. This is a "REALLY GUN FREE ZONE".

Really... no we really mean it this time. Please... don't shoot us... ok? Thank you for your cooperation.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Chrissy wrote:So whats the motive?
angry leftie?

muslim convert?

travon martin revenge?
The dude could have also been a gun-toting, anti-government Frightwinger, too. Don't leave those nuts out of your missive.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Slicef18

Slicef18

Nekochan wrote:Multiple wounded, multiple fatalities are being reported.
I heard the gun he bought and used was a shotgun. Anyone know if this is true?

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Slicef18 wrote:
I heard he had a shotgun then shot a cop and got his rifle and handgun.

Markle

Markle

TEOTWAWKI wrote:
Slicef18 wrote:
Last word is that he bought the shotgun, went to a firing range to practice before going to the Navy Yard.

There he took the handgun of one of those he shot.

Several weeks ago he called police himself after having changed hotel rooms three times because he was hearing voices through the floor and ceiling. He also said that someone was sending microwaves into his room causing him to vibrate so he could not sleep.

The police made a detailed report and, since he was employed by the Navy, sent them a copy of the report. From there, nothing happened.

Nekochan

Nekochan

The system failed, on several levels.

Markle wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:
Slicef18 wrote:
Last word is that he bought the shotgun, went to a firing range to practice before going to the Navy Yard.

There he took the handgun of one of those he shot.

Several weeks ago he called police himself after having changed hotel rooms three times because he was hearing voices through the floor and ceiling.  He also said that someone was sending microwaves into his room causing him to vibrate so he could not sleep.

The police made a detailed report and, since he was employed by the Navy, sent them a copy of the report.  From there, nothing happened.
practicing ahead of time.

He damn well better not get a lighter sentence if they use that hes crazy. that's BS. I am so against the crazy plea.

Nekochan

Nekochan

He's dead, Chrissy.   I think they said it was a DC cop that finally got him.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum