Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Someone else uses Seaoats Poker analogy.

+5
boards of FL
Floridatexan
Joanimaroni
Nekochan
2seaoat
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Different results but I thought it interesting.

The Rigged Poker Hand That Obama Lost
Eric Blair
Activist Post

Obama has the dealer in his pocket for the heads-up poker match with Assad. The dealer slips Obama an Ace from the bottom of the deck. While some witnessed the sleight of hand, others said it was an authentic deal.

Obama's sitting on Big Slick, holding a King of course and his secret Ace, while Assad is dealt a lousy 2-7 off suit, widely considered the worst starting hand in hold 'em.

With the hole cards dealt both players hold them close to the vest. Obama makes the first bet "All in!" he says, seemingly throwing caution to the wind but really knowing all along that the game is rigged.

The commentators clamor in excitement for the possibility of the ultimate televised showdown for the entire purse. Assad, not expecting such an aggressive posture before all the cards are dealt, shuffles in his seat as his brow glimmers with sweat.

"All in" was no laughing matter. Assad's stack had been steadily dwindled down by opponents sponsored by Obama to where he barely managed to make it this far in the tournament.

A quick glance at Obama's stack reveals at least 1000 Tomahawk cruise missiles with the estimated damage value of 10 years Syria's GDP (sorry, not calculated in liters of blood). With apparently nothing to lose, Assad quickly calls.

The commentators are beside themselves with joy as the crowd swells to unprecedented levels to participate in this prime-time showdown.

The first community card is a King and the world was sure Obama would take the purse, but some began to suspect the dealer was corrupt and demanded a fresh hand.

Facing heavy odds, Assad was relieved when the new dealer Cameron promptly delivered a 2 and a 7 to complete the flop, giving Assad two pair. This so enraged Obama that Cameron was removed as dealer.

The crowd began to rally for the underdog Assad. A come from behind victory now seemed possible, but the new dealer was another Obama appointee.

Kerry, who was not a polished card handler, knew the Aces were on the bottom of the deck and all he had to do was slip one out as quickly as possible. Yet he fumbled it so miserably that much of the audience saw him as a cheat.

Now, with the audience so heavily invested in the match, they demanded an independent gaming commissioner to come in and deal out the final card.

Theme music starts as the Russian Bear enters the room wearing mirrored sunglasses indoors, shirtless except for a dealer's vest. Some people chanted "You're the man. You're the man." Although eccentric, he was very clearly that: a man among spoiled boys.

Putin smirked just before he played the final card and told Obama that his luck had run out. He had overplayed his hand. That his Ace-in-the-hole was actually a Joker. And that no matter what card was played next, he was destined to lose.

But before Assad could relax at the good news, Putin warned him that the next card wouldn't help him either. The whole game was a misdeal, and Assad and Obama must return to the lower proxy tables before they can return to the prime time.

2seaoat

I have been told the poker analogy is no longer acceptable on this forum.

I have also been told that when I make reference to someone being part of a team on this forum that I require a cat scan.

I have been a bad bad boy.

Whoa.......you mean this poker analogy shows the President as that dumb black guy who cheats at poker........ok.....poker analogies are ok.

Ah the race card is pulled.... Generally the trumpet sound of victory when Obama gets called out and exposed for the empty suit he truly is...

Nekochan

Nekochan

2seaoat wrote:I have been told the poker analogy is no longer acceptable on this forum.

I have also been told that when I make reference to someone being part of a team on this forum that I require a cat scan.

Whoa.......you mean this poker analogy shows the President as that dumb black guy who cheats at poker........ok.....poker analogies are ok.
Rolling Eyes

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

2seaoat wrote:I have been told the poker analogy is no longer acceptable on this forum.

Goodness, I also mentioned a scan a week or so ago. It had nothing to do with being on a team.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

For the record, Seaoat, I like the poker analogy. Whatever the reason, a majority of the public, left and right, is now united against unilateral war and (at least superficially) opposed to the glorification of the MIC.

boards of FL

boards of FL

To be honest, I hope we decide to cease giving arms to anyone in Syria and could not care less about diplomatic points.

knothead

knothead

I will join others who appreciate Mr. Oats participation on this forum.  As to his skilled use of analogies of poker I completely enjoy reading his dissecting of others' views that most often eviscerate the opposing position.  I often disagree with him myself but that does not alienate me from recognizing his amazing ability to articulate his position(s) and I cannot imagine visiting this forum and not having Mr. Oats pulling strings and pushing buttons . . . . . he is one of the very best posters here in my view because he can elevate above mediocre dialogue and challenge us all intellectually.

Hell, I'll start a fan club . . .

Last edited by knothead on 9/13/2013, 10:57 am; edited 1 time in total

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

boards of FL wrote:To be honest, I hope we decide to cease giving arms to anyone in Syria and could not care less about diplomatic points.  
cheers 

I have no idea who we are actually arming.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

boards of FL wrote:To be honest, I hope we decide to cease giving arms to anyone in Syria and could not care less about diplomatic points.  
cheers 

knothead

knothead

Joanimaroni wrote:
cheers 

I know . . . .

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

knothead wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:
cheers 

I know . . . .

I knew it !

knothead wrote:I will join others who appreciate Mr. Oats participation on this forum.  As to his skilled use of analogies of poker I completely enjoy reading his dissecting of others' views that most often eviscerate the opposing position.  I often disagree with him myself but that does not alienate me from recognizing his amazing ability to articulate his position(s) and I cannot imagine visiting this forum and not having Mr. Oats pulling strings and pushing buttons . . . . . he is one of the very best posters here in my view because he can elevate above mediocre dialogue and challenge us all intellectually.

I want to join.

knothead

knothead

bluemoon wrote:
knothead wrote:I will join others who appreciate Mr. Oats participation on this forum.  As to his skilled use of analogies of poker I completely enjoy reading his dissecting of others' views that most often eviscerate the opposing position.  I often disagree with him myself but that does not alienate me from recognizing his amazing ability to articulate his position(s) and I cannot imagine visiting this forum and not having Mr. Oats pulling strings and pushing buttons . . . . . he is one of the very best posters here in my view because he can elevate above mediocre dialogue and challenge us all intellectually.

I want to join.
Very Happy 

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Me too, me too. I like Seaoat. I argue with him, I have always teased with him, and I worry when he is absent for more than a couple of days.

Nekochan

Nekochan

Seaoat, in spite of his big ole inflated head, can post some of the most heartfelt, moving posts that I have seen on a forum.  I've seen fewer of those type posts from him recently and I miss that side of him.

knothead

knothead

Joanimaroni wrote:Me too, me too. I like Seaoat. I argue with him, I have always teased with him, and I worry when he is absent for more than a couple of days.
joani, I'm personally gratified to read your comment about Mr. Oats and I will always be concerned if/when he is not posting . . . . he would be cool guy to actually have as a personal friend. So you and bluemoon are our now members of "Da Oats Fan Club". Thank you joani.

knothead

knothead

Nekochan wrote:Seaoat, in spite of his big ole inflated head, can post some of the most heartfelt, moving posts that I have seen on a forum.  I've seen fewer of those type posts from him recently and I miss that side of him.

neko, he may have a 'big head' but he also has a lifetime of experience and one hell of a lot of knowledge on a variety of subjects . . . . . he's smart as hell and that's just a fact. There are many on this forum who are also smart but articulate their views without civility or humor which turns me off (as you know) but he still posts thoughtful, meaningful and civil thought-provoking comments. Did you say you want to be a member of his fan club?

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

knothead wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:Me too, me too. I like Seaoat. I argue with him, I have always teased with him, and I worry when he is absent for more than a couple of days.
joani, I'm personally gratified to read your comment about Mr. Oats and I will always be concerned if/when he is not posting . . . . he would be cool guy to actually have as a personal friend.  So you and bluemoon are our now members of "Da Oats Fan Club".  Thank you joani.
Did you get your pm?

Nekochan

Nekochan

knothead wrote:
Nekochan wrote:Seaoat, in spite of his big ole inflated head, can post some of the most heartfelt, moving posts that I have seen on a forum.  I've seen fewer of those type posts from him recently and I miss that side of him.

neko, he may have a 'big head' but he also has a lifetime of experience and one hell of a lot of knowledge on a variety of subjects . . . . . he's smart as hell and that's just a fact.  There are many on this forum who are also smart but articulate their views without civility or humor which turns me off (as you know) but he still posts thoughtful, meaningful and civil thought-provoking comments.  Did you say you want to be a member of his fan club?
What is required to be a member of the club?  If we have to pay dues, I must insist on having coffee with half and half and sweet tea as the official club refreshments.

knothead

knothead

Nekochan wrote:
knothead wrote:

neko, he may have a 'big head' but he also has a lifetime of experience and one hell of a lot of knowledge on a variety of subjects . . . . . he's smart as hell and that's just a fact.  There are many on this forum who are also smart but articulate their views without civility or humor which turns me off (as you know) but he still posts thoughtful, meaningful and civil thought-provoking comments.  Did you say you want to be a member of his fan club?
What is required to be a member of the club?  If we have to pay dues, I must insist on having coffee with half and half and sweet tea as the official club refreshments.[/quote

LOL neko, I'm so done with assessments to anyone but it would be your validation of appreciation to Mr. Oats for his contribution to this forum.  I used to use half and half, good lordy that's some good stuff but my half and half days are so over so I'll have mine straight up please.

nadalfan

knothead wrote:
joani, I'm personally gratified to read your comment about Mr. Oats and I will always be concerned if/when he is not posting . . . . he would be cool guy to actually have as a personal friend.  So you and bluemoon are our now members of "Da Oats Fan Club".  Thank you joani.
I want to join too! I know he doesn't like all the flattery, so I'll just say it this once...he has some of the most thought provoking posts on this forum and is spot on quite frequently.

Nekochan

Nekochan

Knot, I would miss Seaoat greatly if he was not on here. And that's the truth.  I do need my refreshments to get through some of his posts.  Actually, a bottle or two of wine might would be best on some days.

Sal

Sal

Fuck that shit ...

... what are you gonna call it? ...

... The Obnoxious Blowhard Who Says in 200 Words What He Could've in 10 Fan Club?

lol

Nekochan

Nekochan

Sal wrote:Fuck that shit ...

... what are you gonna call it? ...

... The Obnoxious Blowhard Who Says in 200 Words What He Could've in 10 Fan Club?

lol
Sal, just get your big mug of coffee, sweet tea, wine, whisky or whatever will help you get through some of those kinds of posts.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum