Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Syria said it accepted Russian weapons proposal

+7
PBulldog2
Joanimaroni
2seaoat
Sal
knothead
boards of FL
Nekochan
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Nekochan

Nekochan

PBulldog2 wrote:Not to spam, but I have to laugh about a post I made to another forum back on September 3. Here it is:

Tue Sep 03, 2013 6:47 pm
OK - I think the Russians had a lot to do with taking the WMDs out of Iraq before we could catch'em.
Now, the Russians need to get into Syria, find all of those WMD, and take them back to Russia and do whatever they do with them.

If our President is smart, and I happen to think he is, then you can bet Russia has troops on the ground in Syria bagging them up as we speak. Black ops sorts, most likely. No matter who whose WNDs belonged to in the first place the Russians will claim them.

While Assad rages, his WMDs are being stealthily removed from his country by the Russians.

At least that's what I think is happening. President Obama and Putin made a deal.
Interesting, PB. But then if the weapons are hidden in Russia...they will never really be accounted for.

2seaoat

All I see here is the ball being kicked on down the road for years. Just like in Iraq back in the 90s. So maybe this does give Obama an "out" for the next 3 years, but it in no way means that our issues and problems with Syria will be over and settled.

What ball is that? What are you referring to in Iraq in the 90s?

Obama did not need an out. The Donkeys have been heee hawing for three weeks about red lines and now outs. He simply won the hand outright and is collecting his chips. The bonus is the table has been set for the 2014 congressional elections........simply brilliant, and you think it is by accident and an escape. You stay away from poker rooms at the capitol, or you will not have any money left to decorate that newly remodeled home.

Nekochan

Nekochan

2seaoat wrote:All I see here is the ball being kicked on down the road for years. Just like in Iraq back in the 90s. So maybe this does give Obama an "out" for the next 3 years, but it in no way means that our issues and problems with Syria will be over and settled.

What ball is that?  What are you referring to in Iraq in the 90s?

Obama did not need an out.  The Donkeys have been heee hawing for three weeks about red lines and now outs.  He simply won the hand outright and is collecting his chips.  The bonus is the table has been set for the 2014 congressional elections........simply brilliant, and you think it is by accident and an escape.  You stay away from poker rooms at the capitol, or you will not have any money left to decorate that newly remodeled home.
Of course he needs an "out" after drawing the red line.
I don't know if it's by accident or he made a deal with Russia or what...but it's an "out".

Last edited by Nekochan on 9/10/2013, 12:19 pm; edited 1 time in total

PBulldog2

PBulldog2

Very true about the WMD being hidden in Russia, Neko. I don't think there will ever be a way to account for them, since we don't even know the quantity of WMDs in Syria. I'll bet Russia knows, though, and I suspect President Obama knows they know.

Like I said, I'd be willing to bet the Russian special forces are already in Syria bagging and tagging the weapons for transfer out of Syria. Russia's current offer to remove the WMD just dignifies what I suspect they are already doing.

2seaoat

Interesting, PB. But then if the weapons are hidden in Russia...they will never really be accounted for.

Do you understand a graduate student in Chemistry can make chemical weapons in a week in any lab in Syria which could kill 5k people in an eye blink. Your accounting system is hatched from utter naivety.

2seaoat

Of course he needs an "out" after drawing the red line.

By golly, did you miss the news today.......they blinked on the bluff. He won.
Keep listening to Donkey news.......those ears are cute.

Nekochan

Nekochan

2seaoat wrote:Interesting, PB. But then if the weapons are hidden in Russia...they will never really be accounted for.

Do you understand a graduate student in Chemistry can make chemical weapons in a week in any lab in Syria which could kill 5k people in an eye blink.  Your accounting system is hatched from utter naivety.
Right, Seaoat, I'm the one who said that if Syria turns over all its weapons then everything will be ok. Rolling Eyes 

Nekochan

Nekochan

2seaoat wrote:Of course he needs an "out" after drawing the red line.

By golly, did you miss the news today.......they blinked on the bluff.  He won.
Keep listening to Donkey news.......those ears are cute.
Maybe he did "win". I didn't say he didn't. I said that this doesn't settle anything long term. But if all that is important to you is that Obama has an "out' from bombing Syria for now and for the rest of his term....then ok--he "won".

2seaoat

But if all that is important to you is that Obama has an "out' from bombing Syria for now and for the rest of his term....then ok--he "won".

I have this vision of its a wonderful life.........hee haw.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Obama has now been seen by world leaders for what he is..... His lies regarding Benghazi and a the list of scandals hurt his credibility and has shown his lack of leadership. He is not a man to be respected or feared by allies and adversaries. World leaders recognize failure of strong leadership.

Obama cannot keep top military advisors that have established and proven records worldwide. Robert Gates, David Petraeus, Paul Volcker, Richard Holbrooke, James Mattis, Stanley McChrystal  were mistreated or not fully utilized. Obama surrounded himself with  a host of mediocre at best partisans with a loyalty to him....Eric Holder, Joe Biden, Susan Rice, Timothy Geithner, Chuck Hagel, John Kerry and Hillary Clinton.

Nekochan

Nekochan

Joanimaroni wrote:Obama has now been seen by world leaders for what he is..... His lies regarding Benghazi and a the list of scandals hurt his credibility and has shown his lack of leadership. He is not a man to be respected or feared by allies and adversaries. World leaders recognize failure of strong leadership.

Obama cannot keep top military advisors that have established and proven records worldwide. Robert Gates, David Petraeus, Paul Volcker, Richard Holbrooke, James Mattis, Stanley McChrystal  were mistreated or not fully utilized. Obama surrounded himself with  a host of mediocre at best partisans with a loyalty to him....Eric Holder, Joe Biden, Susan Rice, Timothy Geithner, Chuck Hagel, John Kerry and Hillary Clinton.
But all that matters is that he "won".

2seaoat

I think both of your assessments have simply been naive and wrong from the beginning. If you start with a proposition that the President is weak, he has his way with you by capturing that utter underestimation of his intelligence and grasp of strategy. Certainly not everyone can appreciate what just happened. Some hardly understand it.

Nekochan

Nekochan

2seaoat wrote:I think both of your assessments have simply been naive and wrong from the beginning.  If you start with a proposition that the President is weak, he has his way with you by capturing that utter underestimation of his intelligence and grasp of strategy.   Certainly not everyone can appreciate what just happened.  Some hardly understand it.
Seaoat, you actually haven't seen me post much at all on the subject of Syria.

But if the UN, weapons inspections, and turning over their chemical weapons doesn't bring back images of Iraq in the 1990s, then I don't know what does.

Sal

Sal

Let's see if I can make this simple enough ...

One year from now you will see republicans and libertarians on continuous loop supporting a murderous tyrant who allegedly gassed his own people, versus a very strong foreign policy President who managed to diplomatically avoid another Middle East embroilment.

Nekochan

Nekochan

If Assad is still in power, I don't know how you figure this will happen. Just sounds like Obama made a deal with him, is all.

Last edited by Nekochan on 9/10/2013, 1:12 pm; edited 1 time in total

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Sal who are they gassing, the rebels that are killing and maiming villagers?

Sal

Sal

Joanimaroni wrote:Sal who are they gassing, the rebels that are killing and maiming villagers?

That's the thing about chemical weapons ...

... they're indiscriminate.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Sal wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:Sal who are they gassing, the rebels that are killing and maiming villagers?

That's the thing about chemical weapons ...

... they're indiscriminate.
Ok...who are they targeting? The "rebels" we armed?

Nekochan

Nekochan

Now Russia wants the US to drop the threat of force on Syria if it doesn't get rid of weapons.

2seaoat

Now Russia wants the US to drop the threat of force on Syria if it doesn't get rid of weapons.

Heeee Haw.......buyer remorse.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Sal wrote:Let's see if I can make this simple enough ...

One year from now you will see republicans and libertarians on continuous loop supporting a murderous tyrant who allegedly gassed his own people, versus a very strong foreign policy President who managed to diplomatically avoid another Middle East embroilment.

2014 can't get here fast enough for me. The hysterics and hillarity on this forum will keep this place lively and rocking.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

2seaoat

2014 can't get here fast enough for me. The hysterics and hillarity on this forum will keep this place lively and rocking.

Unless the crazies refocus on what is best for this nation, and get off the everything is just awful because of the black guy in the White House, it will not be pretty. Fractured politics. Now the terrorist attacks begin, and people will begin to realize our economy and our security need sound policies and leadership. Benign neglect is not an option.

Sal wrote:Let's see if I can make this simple enough ...

He didn't manage to do shit. avoid a embroilment that he himself made? LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

VectorMan

VectorMan

2seaoat wrote:2014 can't get here fast enough for me. The hysterics and hillarity on this forum will keep this place lively and rocking.

Unless the crazies refocus on what is best for this nation, and get off the everything is just awful because of the black guy in the White House, it will not be pretty.  Fractured politics.  Now the terrorist attacks begin, and people will begin to realize our economy and our security need sound policies and leadership.  Benign neglect is not an option.
Good Lord! You're still parroting that BS?

Even "the black guy in the White House" knows it's not about the color of his skin. He knows he's seen as an incompetent dumb-ass. Or shall we just go with the blatant lies he tells on a regular basis?

You might want to get that race card laminated. That'll save you the wear and tear.

Obama Admits Conservative Criticism ‘Doesn’t Have to Do With My Race in Particular’

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/matthew-sheffield/2013/08/29/obama-admits-conservative-criticism-doesn-t-have-do-my-race-parti

Markle

Markle

2seaoat wrote:At least that's what I think is happening. President Obama and Putin made a deal.

You can play over at Greyhound.
Why would President Putin make a deal with President Barack Hussein Obama? President Putin has President Obama by the short and curlies and Putin knows it.

Secretary of State John Kerry made a major gaff and President Putin and Assad jumped on it with both feet. Putin, Assad and their respective cabals are rolling on the floor laughing. They know they have President Obama scurrying around like a trapped mouse looking for a way out.

Once again President Obama is making America and himself the laughing stock of the world.

President Putin has said this can only happen IF the US promises to take no military action against Syria. Meanwhile, President Putting is shipping more weapons to President Assad.

What more can be expected from "leader" whose former greatest accomplishment was conducting an ACORN meeting?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum