Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Syria said it accepted Russian weapons proposal

+7
PBulldog2
Joanimaroni
2seaoat
Sal
knothead
boards of FL
Nekochan
11 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Nekochan

Nekochan

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/E/EU_RUSSIA_SYRIA?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2013-09-10-07-47-43

Now what? Another Iraq?

Nekochan wrote:http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/E/EU_RUSSIA_SYRIA?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2013-09-10-07-47-43

Now what?  Another Iraq?  
why are they calling it russias proposal? didn't john Kerry make the comment?

theres something going on here between o and putin. I think o is letting putin save his ass so there will be good will towards putin and people wnt be so mad when we do putin a little favor.Wink 

Both are communists

Weak- now Iran knows it can hem and haw for a few more years and maybe nuke someone before O asks for their nukes

5Syria said it accepted Russian weapons proposal Empty Syria takes the deal 9/10/2013, 10:16 am

boards of FL

boards of FL

http://www.cnn.com/2013/09/10/politics/us-syria-obama-solutions/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

knothead

knothead

Chrissy wrote:
Nekochan wrote:http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/E/EU_RUSSIA_SYRIA?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2013-09-10-07-47-43

Now what?  Another Iraq?  
why are they calling it russias proposal? didn't john Kerry make the comment?

theres something going on here between o and putin. I think o is letting putin save his ass so there will be good will towards putin and people wnt be so mad when we do putin a little favor.Wink 

You do have an impressive intuitive capacity . . . .

boards of FL

boards of FL

(little more than a week ago)

"Oh!! Oh!! No they didn't!! They crossed the red line!!! Where is Obama?!?! Why aren't we there yet!?!? Why are we leading from behind?!?! Are we just gonna sit here and watch a gas attack and do nothing?!?!?1 This president is weak!!!!"

(few days later)

"Oh!!! Oh!!! So now he wants to go to war!!!?!?! What a war monger!! Only a moron would want to get involved in this!!! Are we really going to put our troops at risk for nothing!?!?!?! Huh!?!?! This president is a disaster!!! Why on earth would he bring us to war?!?!?!?!"

(few days later)

"Oh!!! Oh!!! So now we're just going to try go with a diplomatic solution?!?!?1 Huh?!?!?! What a disaster!!!! This is crazy!!!1 This president is certifiably crazy!!!! CAN ANYONE BELIEVE HOW CRAZY THIS PRESIDENT IS!?!?!?!?!??! ISN'T THIS PRESIDENT RRRREALLY RRRREALLLY CRAZY!?!?!?!?! ARE THESE THE ACTIONS OF A RATIONAL PUBLIC SERVANT!?!?!?!??!?!?!??! AHHHHHHH!!!!!!!"

Nekochan

Nekochan

My question remains...another Iraq?

Sal

Sal

PACEDOG#1 wrote:Weak- now Iran knows it can hem and haw for a few more years and maybe nuke someone before O asks for their nukes

Just because Obama was holding a pair of deuces in regards to Syria's civil war, does not mean he is holding a pair of deuces in regards to Iran's nuclear program.

One problem cannot be fixed.

The other can, at least for a long while.

We will have to hope that Iran's leaders know more about poker than you do.

knothead

knothead

Nekochan wrote:My question remains...another Iraq?

I don't get the analogy you're implying. Two completely different scenarios.

knothead

knothead

boards of FL wrote:(little more than a week ago)

"Oh!!  Oh!!  No they didn't!! They crossed the red line!!! Where is Obama?!?! Why aren't we there yet!?!?  Why are we leading from behind?!?!  Are we just gonna sit here and watch a gas attack and do nothing?!?!?1 This president is weak!!!!"

(few days later)

"Oh!!! Oh!!! So now he wants to go to war!!!?!?!  What a war monger!!  Only a moron would want to get involved in this!!!  Are we really going to put our troops at risk for nothing!?!?!?!  Huh!?!?!  This president is a disaster!!!  Why on earth would he bring us to war?!?!?!?!"

(few days later)

"Oh!!! Oh!!!  So now we're just going to try go with a diplomatic solution?!?!?1  Huh?!?!?!  What a disaster!!!!  This is crazy!!!1  This president is certifiably crazy!!!!  CAN ANYONE BELIEVE HOW CRAZY THIS PRESIDENT IS!?!?!?!?!??!  ISN'T THIS PRESIDENT RRRREALLY RRRREALLLY CRAZY!?!?!?!?!  ARE THESE THE ACTIONS OF A RATIONAL PUBLIC SERVANT!?!?!?!??!?!?!??! AHHHHHHH!!!!!!!"

Some you omitted (overlooked): HE'S IN CAHOOTS WITH PUTIN SO PUTIN IS COVERING O'S ASS! SOMETHING AIN'T RIGHT HERE! THIS GUY IS THE MOST INCOMPETENT SINCE JIMMY CARTER EXCEPT THIS ONE IS A COMMIE MOOSLUM MESSIAH AND IS TAKING OUR COUNTRY INTO THE ABYSS!

boards of FL

boards of FL

Hopefully we don't occupy Syria for a decade, spend over a trillion dollars, and lose thousands of American lives to accomplish...whatever it is that we accomplished. No, hopefully not another Iraq.

Nekochan

Nekochan

knothead wrote:
I don't get the analogy you're implying.  Two completely different scenarios.
How do you think it's different than accounting for Iraq's WMD?

Nekochan

Nekochan

boards of FL wrote:
Hopefully we don't occupy Syria for a decade, spend over a trillion dollars, and lose thousands of American lives to accomplish...whatever it is that we accomplished.  No, hopefully not another Iraq.
I'm not talking about occupying Syria.  I am talking about the years leading up to the invasion of Iraq.  Remember the weapons inspectors and Saddam screwing around with them?  This went on for years. How will there be an accounting for Syria's chemical weapons?

Sal

Sal

Soooo ...

... we didn't get embroiled in Iraq soon enough for your taste?

2seaoat

I'm not talking about occupying Syria. I am talking about the years leading up to the invasion of Iraq. Remember the weapons inspectors and Saddam screwing around with them? This went on for years.

Syria is a sovereign nation. They have never signed a treaty in regard to chemical and biological weapons. We have no authority to be the monitoring agency. This properly falls under the auspices of the United Nations.

Iraq was a continuing UN Resolution after the first Gulf War. The violations of that continuing resolution gave us authority under the prior cease fire. None of these facts or conditions exist in Syria.

This was simply the President taking people to school on the art of diplomacy. A+ Cha Ching.......is that a trillion I hear staying in the till?

Nekochan

Nekochan

Sal wrote:Soooo ...

Did I say that?

I asked: How is this different than the accounting for WMDs in Iraq which went on for years? Does anyone have an answer? I am serious, I am not bashing Obama or anyone. I see the accounting for weapons in Syria as being impossible unless Syria honestly cooperates and does what they say they will do.

knothead

knothead

Nekochan wrote:

Did I say that?  

I asked:  How is this different than the accounting for WMDs in Iraq which went on for years?   Does anyone have an answer?  I am serious, I am not bashing Obama or anyone.  I see the accounting for weapons in Syria as being impossible unless Syria honestly cooperates and does what they say they will do.

Mr. Oats has answered your question neko . . .

Nekochan

Nekochan

2seaoat wrote:I'm not talking about occupying Syria. I am talking about the years leading up to the invasion of Iraq. Remember the weapons inspectors and Saddam screwing around with them? This went on for years.

Syria is a sovereign nation.  They have never signed a treaty in regard to chemical and biological weapons.  We have no authority to be the monitoring agency.  This properly falls under the auspices of the United Nations.

Iraq was a continuing UN Resolution after the first Gulf War.  The violations of that continuing resolution gave us authority under the prior cease fire.  None of these facts or conditions exist in Syria.

This was simply the President taking people to school on the art of diplomacy.  A+    Cha Ching.......is that a trillion I hear staying in the till?
So what you are saying is that the US has even less power to make sure that Syria complies with what they agree to do than we did in Iraq? We are going to count on the UN to make an accounting? So there will be UN weapons inspectors in Syria? Is that it? Nope, doesn't sound anything like Iraq! Suspect 

Nekochan

Nekochan

knothead wrote:
Nekochan wrote:

Did I say that?  

I asked:  How is this different than the accounting for WMDs in Iraq which went on for years?   Does anyone have an answer?  I am serious, I am not bashing Obama or anyone.  I see the accounting for weapons in Syria as being impossible unless Syria honestly cooperates and does what they say they will do.

Mr. Oats has answered your question neko . . .
Yes, he did. Very reassuring. Shocked 

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Putin saved face for Obama.

2seaoat

Putin saved face for Obama.

Again, please stay away from Greyhound.....those grandbabies need your resources.

PBulldog2

PBulldog2

Not to spam, but I have to laugh about a post I made to another forum back on September 3. Here it is:

Tue Sep 03, 2013 6:47 pm
OK - I think the Russians had a lot to do with taking the WMDs out of Iraq before we could catch'em.
Now, the Russians need to get into Syria, find all of those WMD, and take them back to Russia and do whatever they do with them.

If our President is smart, and I happen to think he is, then you can bet Russia has troops on the ground in Syria bagging them up as we speak. Black ops sorts, most likely. No matter who whose WNDs belonged to in the first place the Russians will claim them.

While Assad rages, his WMDs are being stealthily removed from his country by the Russians.

At least that's what I think is happening. President Obama and Putin made a deal.

Nekochan

Nekochan

All I see here is the ball being kicked on down the road for years. Just like in Iraq back in the 90s. So maybe this does give Obama an "out" for the next 3 years, but it in no way means that our issues and problems with Syria will be over and settled.

2seaoat

At least that's what I think is happening. President Obama and Putin made a deal.

You can play over at Greyhound.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum