Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

All of PACEDOG'S Obamacare threads combined into one (in case anyone actually reads these)

+7
boards of FL
VectorMan
Nekochan
Joanimaroni
ZVUGKTUBM
knothead
Markle
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 6]

knothead wrote:The only people rooting for Obama are the ones looking for more handouts.

The only thing I'm rooting for is America and all its citizens . . . . . I do not understand the 'handout' dig as it certainly does not apply to myself.
I think its safe to say that if all the votes from the welfare group was removed from the dem roles, there would be a problem for your party. Hence the catering to.

Now don't act like your not aware of it.

The right has their own side they cater to, far right religious group.

So while you may not be getting a handout, the party you defend and vote for no matter what probably has given up even its own principle over time for the selling of votes with gov mandated social services.

back to the topic then im off to work....

Oct. 1 – Healthcare Marketplace opens

Jan. 1, 2014 – U.S. citizens and legal residents required to have qualifying coverage or face penalties

Jan. 2015 – Employers begin to face penalties if not in compliance with healthcare law

lets look at these dates. of which many dates have been changed as we know. we know for a fact the cuts have already happened. the mandate will happen before the employers have to prove compliance which is going to lead to massive fraud in the market place on top of other things.

and one thing it doesn't mention that you can bet is a reason why our gov is so frantically working on a immigration bill. it doesn't cover illegals which is one of if not the largest cost to begin with on unpaid bills in ER's and hospitals.

There is NO healthcare reform in odumbers monster bill. this is a power grab with little concern for patient care or how much your insurance cost you. they don't care.

knothead

knothead

I would prefer that the Congress to work together to fix identified issues and stop the 'defunding' nonsense . . . . it's a waste of resources to go the defund route so why we hear suggestions as to how fix issues.

Also, what is the right's plan to repair our broken health care system? All I hear is a desire to drown it in the bath tub . . . . that's not good for them but what do I know.

Chrissy is correct on this one.

Knothead is also correct, working to defund is ridiculous and non productive. Work on this thing known has health care reform, the only so called reform is it will be mandated or pay a penalty and a subsidy for those under 400% FPL. Reforms were needed in the health care industry and insurance company's and that is where it all should have started.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/obamacare-not-blame-jump-part-181200624.html

knothead

knothead

doubtingthomas wrote:http://finance.yahoo.com/news/obamacare-not-blame-jump-part-181200624.html

Taking the liberty to highlight a couple paragraphs for PD:

"Before the law was passed, most large employers already faced [Internal Revenue Service ] rules that prevented them from denying available health benefits to full-time workers. These rules gave employers an incentive to create part-time jobs to avoid rising health benefit costs," the paper says.
It goes on to say: "Moreover, recent research suggests that the ultimate increase in the incidence of part-time work when the ACA provisions are fully implemented is likely to be small, on the order of a 1 to 2 percentage point increase or less. This is consistent with the example of Hawaii, where part-time work increased only slightly in the two decades following enforcement of the state's employer health-care mandate."

knothead wrote:
doubtingthomas wrote:http://finance.yahoo.com/news/obamacare-not-blame-jump-part-181200624.html

Taking the liberty to highlight a couple paragraphs for PD:

"Before the law was passed, most large employers already faced [Internal Revenue Service ] rules that prevented them from denying available health benefits to full-time workers. These rules gave employers an incentive to create part-time jobs to avoid rising health benefit costs," the paper says.
It goes on to say: "Moreover, recent research suggests that the ultimate increase in the incidence of part-time work when the ACA provisions are fully implemented is likely to be small, on the order of a 1 to 2 percentage point increase or less. This is consistent with the example of Hawaii, where part-time work increased only slightly in the two decades following enforcement of the state's employer health-care mandate."
You are going to use the Federal Reserve Bank of SF as a source to defend Obamacare? Why don't you just quote The Daily KOS?

Splat on you,Peedog as usual.

Here is what is even more funny:

Valletta and Bengali note that adjusted figures show part-time employment after the 1982 recession comprised a slightly larger proportion of the overall jobs market.

"In particular, on a consistent basis, the part-time employment share peaked at 20.3% in 1983, slightly above the recent peak of 19.7% in 2010," they wrote. "By this standard, the level of part-time work in recent years is not unprecedented, although its persistence during the ongoing recovery is unusual."
=====
Wasn't this just after we had another Dem as POTUS? That Carter fella? LOL

Dreamsglore wrote:Splat on you,Peedog as usual.
Sure DAILY KOS worshipper!!!

Never read it but I bet it can't compare to... The Blaze!

knothead

knothead

He's sooooo funny . . . . .

[quote="Dreamsglore"]Never read it but I bet it can't compare to... The Blaze![/quote

There are actual FACTS with the Blaze

knothead

knothead

The link cited statistical data and was not an opinion piece so it stands as fact unless, of course, it can be refuted (statistically).

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Dreamsglore wrote:Never read it but I bet it can't compare to... The Blaze!
The Blaze makes DailyKOS look wimpy when it comes to stirring the base into radicalism. I've told him to put it down, but he won't.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:Never read it but I bet it can't compare to... The Blaze!
The Blaze makes DailyKOS look wimpy when it comes to stirring the base into radicalism. I've told him to put it down, but he won't.

I haven't read the Blaze since before I was at Goodfellow training. That was last November.

91All of PACEDOG'S Obamacare threads combined into one (in case anyone actually reads these) - Page 4 Empty Really? 8/28/2013, 1:17 am

It is comical how you post anything as fact from Redstate.com or from the 'network' famous for lies, misquotes, half-truths, and illegal wiretaps. And you wonder why it is such an  astonishingly high number, consider the source!!!  

Remember, p-dog, all your ramblings are in opposition to everyone seeing a doctor on a regular basis therefore living healthier lives and reducing costs. And you argue to keep giving away free healthcare, even though it is a full one-fifth of our economy.

So sad that the black guy makes you so crazy you forget you are conservative.

92All of PACEDOG'S Obamacare threads combined into one (in case anyone actually reads these) - Page 4 Empty nothing new 8/28/2013, 1:25 am

PACEDOG#1 wrote:Badump-BUMP-Ching ......expecting lots of these.... damn those UVA rightwing Obama haters.

The University of Virginia says Obamacare is one reason why it announced coverage cuts "major changes" to its employee health care plans Wednesday. The university said the Affordable Care Act will add $7.3 million to the cost of the university's health care plan next year, and that it will no longer be offering spousal coverage for employees whose spouses have access to coverage elsewhere. It also said that UVA could end up having to pay millions of dollars more in taxes if the schools' plans go over certain cost thresholds.

An employee who keeps wants to keep his or her spouse on the plan will have sign an affidavit asserting that the spouse does not have access to affordable healthcare elsewhere. Children will still be able to be covered on the UVA plan, even if alternate coverage is available through a spouse.

This is nothing new. All insurance companies do this now. All insurance companies want someone else to pay. Nothing new.

Remember, p-dog, all your ramblings are in opposition to everyone seeing a doctor on a regular basis, therefore living healthier lives and reducing future costs. Also, you argue to keep giving away free healthcare even though it is a full one-fifth of our economy.
So sad how the black guy makes you so crazy you forget you are conservative.

93All of PACEDOG'S Obamacare threads combined into one (in case anyone actually reads these) - Page 4 Empty no different 8/28/2013, 1:41 am

Chrissy wrote:
knothead wrote:The only people rooting for Obama are the ones looking for more handouts.

The only thing I'm rooting for is America and all its citizens . . . . . I do not understand the 'handout' dig as it certainly does not apply to myself.
I think its safe to say that if all the votes from the welfare group was removed from the dem roles, there would be a problem for your party. Hence the catering to.

So while you may not be getting a handout, the party you defend and vote for no matter what probably has given up even its own principle over time for the selling of votes with gov mandated social services.

Jan. 1, 2014 – U.S. citizens and legal residents required to have qualifying coverage or face penalties

Jan. 2015 – Employers begin to face penalties if not in compliance with healthcare law

There is NO healthcare reform in odumbers monster bill. this is a power grab with little concern for patient care or how much your insurance cost you. they don't care.
In reference to first bold sentence: No different from you who votes for whomever has the (R) behind his name. No matter what.
In reference to second bold sentence: No different from Republican legislatures across America whose power grab demeans women, and attempts to curb minority voting.
Hmmmmm, recap for the clueless:
Obama's 'power grab,' as you put it, will get millions more Americans to see a doctor more often, living healthier lives, and reducing costs.
Your party's 'power grab' takes rights away from women, and makes it more difficult for minorities to vote.
But, the black guy is the evil one, correct?

Remember, Chrissy, all your ramblings are in opposition to everyone seeing a doctor on a regular basis, therefore living healthier lives and reducing future costs. Also, you argue to keep giving away free healthcare even though it is a full one-fifth of our economy.

CarlSagan wrote:
Chrissy wrote:

In reference to first bold sentence: No different from you who votes for whomever has the (R) behind his name. No matter what.
In reference to second bold sentence: No different from Republican legislatures across America whose power grab demeans women, and attempts to curb minority voting.
Hmmmmm, recap for the clueless:
Obama's 'power grab,' as you put it, will get millions more Americans to see a doctor more often, living healthier lives, and reducing costs.
Your party's 'power grab' takes rights away from women, and makes it more difficult for minorities to vote.
But, the black guy is the evil one, correct?

Remember, Chrissy, all your ramblings are in opposition to everyone seeing a doctor on a regular basis, therefore living healthier lives and reducing future costs. Also, you argue to keep giving away free healthcare even though it is a full one-fifth of our economy.
you have me confused with teo. I don't advocate people not seeing their doctors.

my argument is and has always been personal responsibility. because hand outs decrease the desire and drive required to be a fully productive citizen. and to be clear I realize there is a small portion of our society who do not have the mental or physical capacity and thus require assistance.

the rest of your post is just shit from a troll who doesn't even understand the topic at all.

The ability of Congress to defund this travesty is the right as written in the Constitution. It's part of how things that are broken can be fixed after the fact. Had the Dems not shoved this law through the system "willy nilly" without even giving folks a chance to read it thoroughly ( see Pelosi saying " we have to pass it to see what is in it" ) , Is why there is such a fight right now. There should never be a law written that is voted on where Congress doesn't know the effect of it or all of the details. That's malpractice on their part and a failure to do their job. Now theee years later the majority of America realizes how foolish it is of a law and the impact on the nation and its economy and if it came to a vote today it would be"farfrompassing" in Congress because of its flaws. So,defunding it until it can be FIXED is the correct thing to do despite what liberals believe. It's oart of the checks and balances of how government is run.

I wonder what effect is being sought by allowing biz a one year deferment but keeping in place the individual mandate?

Doesn't that seem very odd to anyone else? I still think it's designed to fail... but don't they want it to get off the ground first?

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

No link. No mention of the insurer at UVA.

PBulldog2

PBulldog2

PACEDOG#1 wrote:The ability of Congress to defund this travesty is the right as written in the Constitution. It's part of how things that are broken can be fixed after the fact. Had the Dems not shoved this law through the system "willy nilly" without even giving folks a chance to read it thoroughly ( see Pelosi saying " we have to pass it to see what is in it" ) , Is why there is such a fight right now. There should never be a law written that is voted on where Congress doesn't know the effect of it or all of the details. That's malpractice on their part and a failure to do their job.  Now theee years later the majority of America realizes how foolish it is of a law and the impact on the nation and its economy and if it came to a vote today it would be"farfrompassing" in Congress because of its flaws. So,defunding it until it can be FIXED is the correct thing to do despite what liberals believe. It's oart of the checks and balances of how government is run.
Hmmmm.....so how would you suggest the ACA be fixed, PD? I mean, seriously? What changes would you implement?

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

CarlSagan wrote:It is comical how you post anything as fact from Redstate.com or from the 'network' famous for lies, misquotes, half-truths, and illegal wiretaps. And you wonder why it is such an  astonishingly high number, consider the source!!!  

Remember, p-dog, all your ramblings are in opposition to everyone seeing a doctor on a regular basis therefore living healthier lives and reducing costs. And you argue to keep giving away free healthcare, even though it is a full one-fifth of our economy.

So sad that the black guy makes you so crazy you forget you are
conservative.

Most Republicans are not true conservatives. They are Big Government apparatchiks who love the dickens out of big government spending in the areas they favor. Like heavy defense spending, corporate welfare spending, spending on needless military interventions, etc. They don't care about deficits if the money funds the things they love.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Change? How about we start from scratch and include both parties on writing a healthcare bill instead if one party writing 2000+ pages of information that not even they have a clue of what it means? That would be a good start.

What's been written into this law is totally absurd. Heck, we are still finding out what's wrong or more stuff that is detrimental to the ex

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum