Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

All of PACEDOG'S Obamacare threads combined into one (in case anyone actually reads these)

+7
boards of FL
VectorMan
Nekochan
Joanimaroni
ZVUGKTUBM
knothead
Markle
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 6]

Nekochan

Nekochan

knothead wrote:Two lawmakers are going to introduce legislation in September that would make members of Congress and their staffs be under the same healthcare regulations as are all other citizens...The voters need to know the names of those that think that laws they pass are not applicable to themselves and/or their staffs...

I completely agree and would support going a step or two farther by requiring Congress and their bloated staffs to not be exempt from any other legislation imposed on ordinary citizens that does not include them as well.
AMEN!

CarlSagan wrote:
And let us all remember that pacedog, markle, eagle, ., newswatcher, joani, etal are all arguing not to get all Americans to see a doctor on a regular basis therefore living healthier lives and reducing costs. And remember that all of the aforementioned contributors are arguing to keep giving away free healthcare.

Obama makes makes them so crazy, they forget they are conservative.
Excellent post, knot.
carl carl carl, spin it however you must, but the Obamacare law is going to break the nation and create a fourth world country that has obviously noted that this is waaaay to expensive of a boondoggle to implement. Rewrite this goatrope and read each page as it is written before voting on it. The Dems own this 100% and even they see its faults to include the COWH who wants to delay it past the 2014 elections and leave it for whomever to deal with in 2015. It's plain and simple, we cannot afford it. Do you purposely go out and spend on things you cannot afford? No, you don't and you don't take from hard working people to spend on things you cannot afford either. The Obamacare law is purse fantasy, created by many who have never had a job in their lives or budgeted either.

knothead wrote:Two lawmakers are going to introduce legislation in September that would make members of Congress and their staffs be under the same healthcare regulations as are all other citizens...The voters need to know the names of those that think that laws they pass are not applicable to themselves and/or their staffs...

I completely agree and would support going a step or two farther by requiring Congress and their bloated staffs to not be exempt from any other legislation imposed on ordinary citizens that does not include them as well.
     They should be expected to live by the laws they pass...and those that think otherwise....should be voted out of office

CarlSagan wrote:
PACEDOG#1 wrote:
knothead wrote:To all the kill-obama-care-misfits:  Answer one question for me just to satisfy my own curiosity . . . . . do you not understand that there is literally NOTHING the GOP can do to stop implementation of the ACA?  . . . I say join the conversation on a level that is tenable and with your brethren support we might actually improve the screwed up health care delivery system in our country.
Obamacare is going to break the nation fiscally. Not one Democrat who shoved the plan down our throat even had read the whole thing (2000+ pages and see Pelosi's statement that "we have to pass it to find out what's in it"... and that in itself is treasonous). It takes mostly from the middle class blah, blah, still get over on us who are paying premiums for insurance. It will just get passed off to us in the long run and how is that different from what we have now?

Now that Obama is seeing the impact in lost jobs/economy since passing this blah, blah, blah to go by what they pass for everyone else and it apply to them?

The entire nation, with the exception of the freeloaders, want this law rescinded and wiped off the books. Contrary to popular belief, healthcare paid for by the workers is NOT a right in this nation. Work, educate yourself and get a job that provides what you need for your family and quit asking for handouts just to get the masses to vote for you. Run on an agenda that doesn't include robbing Peter to pay Paul. Sheesh....all of you who support this law make me want to VOMIT.
Your entire last paragraph is nonfactual opinion that happens to be incorrect. And another nice dig at poor people.
What is your problem with the poor, pacedog?  Jesus loved the poor, and loathed the rich. You claim to be a follower of Jesus, do you not?
Jesus never said to bankrupt your country over an ill conceived law that a nation cannot afford. You can't help the poor when you are too broke to live yourself. Nice dig, but it's a cheap attempt to toss Jesus into the equation and probably something you don't believe in, right Bill?

knothead wrote:To all the kill-obama-care-misfits:  Answer one question for me just to satisfy my own curiosity . . . . . do you not understand that there is literally NOTHING the GOP can do to stop implementation of the ACA? None of you are stupid but your comments are so filled with hyperbole that you sound like you just left a Glenn Beck-Ted Cruz-Rand Paul we-hate-obama-rally! You could, instead, take a more reasonable position that says if there are issues that are identified what can we do as a governing body to improve the ACA? The ACA, which I do not know everything about and I suspect the same is true for yall, will be implemented and as a reminder, this concept originated from your cherished Heritage Foundation, implemented in MA by your former Presidential nominee, Mitt Romney, who got his ass kicked 8 ways till Sunday . . . . I say join the conversation on a level that is tenable and with your brethren support we might actually improve the screwed up health care delivery system in our country.
I know and UNDERSTAND good deal about this monster.

and one thing you need to know, this monster is NOTHING like any of the previously suggested methods by republicans or heritage foundation. Saying that is like saying a bicycle is the same thing as a Hummer. Sure, they both have wheels.

and it doenst matter if we cant stop I, its our duty to bitch and point at the failure of it.

facts are, it will stop itself right after it kills many and breaks the nation.

CarlSagan wrote:
Markle wrote:
CarlSagan wrote:
PACEDOG#1 wrote:
knothead wrote:To all the kill-obama-care-misfits:  Answer one question for me just to satisfy my own curiosity . . . . . do you not understand that there is literally NOTHING the GOP can do to stop implementation of the ACA?  . . .

Now that Obama is seeing the impact in lost jobs/economy since passing this blah, blah, blah to go by what they pass for everyone else and it apply to them?

The entire nation, with the exception of the freeloaders, want this law rescinded and wiped off the books. Contrary to popular belief, healthcare paid for by the workers is NOT a right in this nation. Work, educate yourself and get a job that provides what you need for your family and quit asking for handouts just to get the masses to vote for you. Run on an agenda that doesn't include robbing Peter to pay Paul. Sheesh....all of you who support this law make me want to VOMIT.
Your entire last paragraph is nonfactual opinion that happens to be incorrect. And another nice dig at poor people.
What is your problem with the poor, pacedog?  Jesus loved the poor, and loathed the rich. You claim to be a follower of Jesus, do you not? [/quote]

Why is it that non-believers, out of desperation, reach for the Holy Bible in vain attempts to prove some obscure falsehood.  What you said is not true and I wonder why you would lie about such a thing.  Please tell us, why are you lying?
I will tell you that Jesus mentions the poor no less than 407 times in the Bible. Including but not limited to these two:

I John Chapter 3 Verses 17-18
"If anyone has material possessions and see his brother in need and has no pity on him how can the love of God be in him? Let us not love with words but with actions and in truth."

Deuteronomy Ch 15 V 11
"There will always be poor people in the land. There I command you to be openhanded toward the needy in your land."

So I am a liar, huh, Mr. Markle? AHA HA HA HA HA HA HA
As evidenced by the quotes straight out of your KJB, your loathing of the poor does not follow Jesus' teachings.  If you were a true follower of Jesus, you would not post hateful things about the poor the way you do now.  So sad.
Karl Marx - "Accuse others of what you do."
So appropriate for Mr. Markle, the Tallahassee Liar.
All of PACEDOG'S Obamacare threads combined into one (in case anyone actually reads these) - Page 2 Th?id=H.4584105628140403&pid=1

So that a yes to your giving up all your worldly possessions and becoming our savior?

When you do that you can teach everyone how they should be charitable and not post hateful things.

There might even be disciples who will follow you.

You might even convince a judge to allow you to name yourself Messiah!

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3bZqqe_s84

Very Happy

Markle

Markle

CarlSagan wrote:
Markle wrote:
CarlSagan wrote:
PACEDOG#1 wrote:
knothead wrote:To all the kill-obama-care-misfits:  Answer one question for me just to satisfy my own curiosity . . . . . do you not understand that there is literally NOTHING the GOP can do to stop implementation of the ACA?  . . .

What is your problem with the poor, pacedog?  Jesus loved the poor, and loathed the rich. You claim to be a follower of Jesus, do you not? [/quote]

Why is it that non-believers, out of desperation, reach for the Holy Bible in vain attempts to prove some obscure falsehood.  What you said is not true and I wonder why you would lie about such a thing.  Please tell us, why are you lying?
I will tell you that Jesus mentions the poor no less than 407 times in the Bible. Including but not limited to these two:

"If anyone has material possessions and see his brother in need and has no pity on him how can the love of God be in him? Let us not love with words but with actions and in truth."

Deuteronomy Ch 15 V 11
"There will always be poor people in the land. There I command you to be openhanded toward the needy in your land."

As evidenced by the quotes straight out of your KJB, your loathing of the poor does not follow Jesus' teachings.  If you were a true follower of Jesus, you would not post hateful things about the poor the way you do now.  So sad.
Yes, you are a liar.  Being open handed does not mean free handouts.  Simply the opportunity to work.  You're easy too.

PLEASE show us where I said, or even inferred that I hate the poor. Step up, now's your chance.

Holy Bible / New Testament / Thessalonians / 3

3:1 Finally, brethren, pray for us, that the word of the Lord may have free course, and be glorified, even as it is with you:

3:2 And that we may be delivered from unreasonable and wicked men: for all men have not faith.

3:3 But the Lord is faithful, who shall stablish you, and keep you from evil.

3:4 And we have confidence in the Lord touching you, that ye both do and will do the things which we command you.

3:5 And the Lord direct your hearts into the love of God, and into the patient waiting for Christ.

3:6 Now we command you, brethren, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye withdraw yourselves from every brother that walketh disorderly, and not after the tradition which he received of us.

3:7 For yourselves know how ye ought to follow us: for we behaved not ourselves disorderly among you;

3:8 Neither did we eat any man's bread for nought; but wrought with labour and travail night and day, that we might not be chargeable to any of you:

3:9 Not because we have not power, but to make ourselves an ensample unto you to follow us.

3:10 For even when we were with you, this we commanded you, that if any would not work, neither should he eat.

3:11 For we hear that there are some which walk among you disorderly, working not at all, but are busybodies.

3:12 Now them that are such we command and exhort by our Lord Jesus Christ, that with quietness they work, and eat their own bread.

3:13 But ye, brethren, be not weary in well doing.

3:14 And if any man obey not our word by this epistle, note that man, and have no company with him, that he may be ashamed.

3:15 Yet count him not as an enemy, but admonish him as a brother.

3:16 Now the Lord of peace himself give you peace always by all means. The Lord be with you all.

3:17 The salutation of Paul with mine own hand, which is the token in every epistle: so I write.

3:18 The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen.

Really, you should get your quotes by actually READING the Holy Bible rather than copy and pasting the out of context quote they feed you.

Last edited by Markle on 8/21/2013, 1:19 am; edited 1 time in total

Markle

Markle

CarlSagan wrote:
Markle wrote:
CarlSagan wrote:
PACEDOG#1 wrote:

Deuteronomy Ch 15 V 11

All of PACEDOG'S Obamacare threads combined into one (in case anyone actually reads these) - Page 2 ObamaMarxistProfessors-1-2

VectorMan

VectorMan

knothead wrote:To all the kill-obama-care-misfits:  Answer one question for me just to satisfy my own curiosity . . . . . do you not understand that there is literally NOTHING the GOP can do to stop implementation of the ACA? None of you are stupid but your comments are so filled with hyperbole that you sound like you just left a Glenn Beck-Ted Cruz-Rand Paul we-hate-obama-rally! You could, instead, take a more reasonable position that says if there are issues that are identified what can we do as a governing body to improve the ACA? The ACA, which I do not know everything about and I suspect the same is true for yall, will be implemented and as a reminder, this concept originated from your cherished Heritage Foundation, implemented in MA by your former Presidential nominee, Mitt Romney, who got his ass kicked 8 ways till Sunday . . . . I say join the conversation on a level that is tenable and with your brethren support we might actually improve the screwed up health care delivery system in our country.
Obama 50.6%
Romney 47.9%

That is not an "ass kicking 8 ways till Sunday". Well, those that suffer from the illness of liberalism might think so. Just doesn't make it true.

VectorMan

VectorMan

. wrote:
doubtingthomas wrote:Two, Two, Two insurance company's ask for the out of pocket to be delayed, don't know which two. All the other company's have their plans and have what max out of pocket is suppose to be.

If this is delayed it will cost thousand's of jobs and wasted billions. The insurance company's who are very conservative have the systems in place and ready to go. It would severely damage regional or state insurer's where they would have to raise your group rates to recoup any losses and to keep in state reserves. Thousands of insurance agents would be out of business and agency's closed. Then you all against the individual mandate could deal with the insurance company's directly. I had never heard anyone in my hiararchy until today say anything bad about a republican but they certainly unloaded on Rand Paul, Rubio, Miller and Cruz today. You see they have contributed heavily to two of these politician's but at this late of date and thousand's spent want them to shut up. Let the individual mandate go thru and let them work on it. The delay of the employer mandate may be the beginning of the end of it, who knows.
what are you talking about Thomas? havnt you heard? out of pocket IS delayed for a year. More than a year actually, until 2015.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/theapothecary/2013/08/13/yet-another-white-house-obamacare-delay-out-of-pocket-caps-waived-until-2015/

why are you blaming republicans for these delays? because its easier than facing reality that this HUGE FUCKING NO ONE CAN REALLY DECIFER PLAN is just that, a disaster and so grandiose that implementing it is pretty much impossible unless you have a unicorn and a magic fairy wand.

When are you people going to wake up to reality?

You can't wake up someone pretending to be asleep.

boards of FL

boards of FL

VectorMan wrote:
Obama 50.6%
Romney 47.9%

That is not an "ass kicking 8 ways till Sunday". Well, those that suffer from the illness of liberalism might think so. Just doesn't make it true.
Actually, it was 51.1% to 47.2%. The electoral college was 332 to 206. If we are to believe what conservatives told us when Bush was re-elected in 2004 by a victory of 50.7% to 48.3% (286 to 251 in the electoral) and declaring that some sort of "mandate", well, yes, the 2012 results were an "ass kicking 8 ways till Sunday".

ImpishScoundrel

ImpishScoundrel

Try and spin it any way you want to, Obamacare is nothing but a very expensive giant turd. Oh, and extremely smelly.

http://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/morning_call/2013/08/ups-to-drop-15000-spouses-from.html?ana=RSS&s=article_search&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+bizj_atlanta+%28Atlanta+Business+Chronicle%29

Here's something to blow out of proportion.

ImpishScoundrel wrote:Try and spin it any way you want to, Obamacare is nothing but a very expensive giant turd.  Oh, and extremely smelly.
All of PACEDOG'S Obamacare threads combined into one (in case anyone actually reads these) - Page 2 Th?id=H.4622536980889819&pid=1

*****SMILE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_BzNNiWyvyE

Smile 

Here's something not to blow out of proportion:

http://www.fool.com/investing/general/2013/08/21/the-biggest-obamacare-news-getting-little-attentio.aspx

this monster is going to eat us all alive.

those in healthcare and out.

this thing was designed to kill the country, should rename it last nail in coffincare.

Markle

Markle

. wrote:this monster is going to eat us all alive.

this thing was designed to kill the country, should rename it last nail in coffincare.
Sad but true.

President Barack Hussein Obama looks so relaxed and can enjoy spending so much time on golf course is that, as far as he can see and is concerned, everything is going according to his road map, the Cloward-Piven Strategy.

ImpishScoundrel

ImpishScoundrel

. wrote:this monster is going to eat us all alive.

I don't think it was designed to kill the country.  I believe it was designed with good intentions.  Problem is the designer had his...
All of PACEDOG'S Obamacare threads combined into one (in case anyone actually reads these) - Page 2 9k=
When he designed it.

I misread your statement above as "god intentions"... I think that works pretty good too.

knothead

knothead

. wrote:
I know and UNDERSTAND  good deal about this monster.

and one thing you need to know, this monster is NOTHING like any of the previously suggested methods by republicans or heritage foundation. Saying that is like saying a bicycle is the same thing as a Hummer. Sure, they both have wheels.

and it doenst matter if we cant stop I, its our duty to bitch and point at the failure of it.

facts are, it will stop itself right after it kills many and breaks the nation.

Most honest answer . . . thank you. You acknowledge there is nothing that all the bitching is going to do to change implementation. You may very well know all about the nuances of the ACA, I confess I do not, but assuming you do then you would a rare citizen. It's complex legislation that could not be put in a ten page bill. Also, you may also be right that it will 'kill many' and 'break the nation', however, it is my feeling that is a statement of political ire rather than your ability to look in a crystal ball. Still I appreciate your honesty Mr. Dot . . .

Markle

Markle

doubtingthomas wrote:http://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/morning_call/2013/08/ups-to-drop-15000-spouses-from.html?ana=RSS&s=article_search&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+bizj_atlanta+%28Atlanta+Business+Chronicle%29

How do you blow it out of proportion? It is simply another example of the massive boondoggle called ObamaCare.

Native Americans have now been declared exempt from ObamaCare. Gee...I guess this means Elizabeth Warren is exempt.

There has been special rule's for native american's all a long. But unlike the rumor that illegal's can get it, that is completely false. The applications going through the exchange are also checked by homeland security and you have to be legal to get it.

The UPS is nothing new. Agents have been taking spouse's off group's for years because it's cheaper. I thought there would be more outcry but guess some of the forum member's have taken a spouse off their group one time or another to save money.  Also if a spouse is eligible for group if they are employed why should the cost be figured into the other spouse's job? That was good business sense before obamacare.

Oh btw the university of virginia did the same thing yesterday.

What is really funny they don't have to do this for 2014 since  almost all of the large employer mandate has been delayed.

Now what is f'ed up is if the employer has offered affordable coverage 9.5% or under to these employee's the spouse cannot get a subsidy even if they are under 400% of poverty. Family glitch.

1. ACA requires that an employer define as an eligible dependent the kids to age 26 only. There is no legal requirement that an employer make any other dependent eligible.

2. An employer can (and in the past many have) define spouses with coverage AVAILABLE elsewhere as ineligible for their plan. They have also had other options available, such as surchages on the spouse.

3. UPS profit for 2012 was $807 million and for 2011 it was $3.8 billion.

Last edited by doubtingthomas on 8/22/2013, 9:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

Markle wrote:
doubtingthomas wrote:http://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/morning_call/2013/08/ups-to-drop-15000-spouses-from.html?ana=RSS&s=article_search&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+bizj_atlanta+%28Atlanta+Business+Chronicle%29

How do you blow it out of proportion?  It is simply another example of the massive boondoggle called ObamaCare.

Native Americans have now been declared exempt from ObamaCare.  Gee...I guess this means Elizabeth Warren is exempt.

lol! 

Badump-BUMP-Ching ......expecting lots of these.... damn those UVA rightwing Obama haters.

The University of Virginia says Obamacare is one reason why it announced coverage cuts "major changes" to its employee health care plans Wednesday. The university said the Affordable Care Act will add $7.3 million to the cost of the university's health care plan next year, and that it will no longer be offering spousal coverage for employees whose spouses have access to coverage elsewhere. It also said that UVA could end up having to pay millions of dollars more in taxes if the schools' plans go over certain cost thresholds.

"Ironically, by providing generous benefits, the University becomes exposed to a federal excise tax known as the 'Cadillac tax,'" Vice President and Chief Human Resources Officer Susan Carkeek said in a statement. The changes include dropping working spouses from UVA employees plan if they have access to "affordable health care that provides minimum value" elsewhere starting on Jan. 1.

An employee who keeps wants to keep his or her spouse on the plan will have sign an affidavit asserting that the spouse does not have access to affordable healthcare elsewhere. Children will still be able to be covered on the UVA plan, even if alternate coverage is available through a spouse.

In a memo to its employees, UPS said that the rising costs of health care and the costs associated with Obamacare will cause the company to drop some employees' spouses from its plans next year.

Delta Air Lines has issued an urgent warning about the impact of ObamaCare, claiming the law's implementation will contribute to a roughly $100 million increase in health care costs next year alone.

The astonishing figure was included in a letter from Delta executive Robert Kight to officials in the Obama administration. The website RedState.com was the first to obtain and publish the letter earlier this week.

A representative with Delta confirmed the authenticity of the letter to FoxNews.com.

"Like many large companies, Delta faces significantly increased healthcare costs in 2014 and beyond," the company said in a statement on Friday. "Delta will absorb the vast majority of those increased costs so that we can continue providing a high value, high quality health plan. Consistent with our culture, Delta will always keep the best interests of our people in mind in connection with the healthcare and other benefits we provide."

In the original letter, Kight disputes the notion that the law -- the biggest parts of which take effect at the start of 2014 -- will mean "business as usual" for big employers. A combination of factors, he claimed, will "mean that the cost of providing health care to our employees will increase by nearly $100,000,000 next year."

Part of that is normal medical inflation and the phase-out of an assistance program tied to the health care law. But a large chunk of it, the exec claimed, comes from various fees and costs associated with the implementation of the health care law.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/08/23/delta-warns-obamacare-will-drive-100-million-spike-in-health-care-costs/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum