Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

So much for the NRA's mantra

+3
Yella
TEOTWAWKI
othershoe1030
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1So much for the NRA's mantra Empty So much for the NRA's mantra 8/23/2013, 10:40 am

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

Here's an example of a person "talking down" a bad guy with a gun using words rather than weapons. Teachers would probably benefit more from classes in crises intervention rather than a trip to the shooting range. Here is another example of the need for universal background checks and a better mental health treatment system.

http://www.alternet.org/civil-liberties/unarmed-woman-prevents-school-shooting-words-not-bullets

2So much for the NRA's mantra Empty Re: So much for the NRA's mantra 8/23/2013, 10:54 am

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

I think it would always be easier to talk a guy down with a gun if you had his forehead in your sights...whimpering and crying is not very useful with psychopaths.

3So much for the NRA's mantra Empty Re: So much for the NRA's mantra 8/23/2013, 12:30 pm

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

TEOTWAWKI wrote:I think it would always be easier to talk a guy down with a gun if you had his forehead in your sights...whimpering and crying is not very useful with psychopaths.
You're probably right about not being able to talk to a psychopath but this guy wasn't one I guess, just super stressed and mentally ill, which comes in many flavors not just the psychopath one. The event certainly had a life affirming outcome with no guns fired. It could have been another Sandy Hook but this woman saved the day.

4So much for the NRA's mantra Empty Re: So much for the NRA's mantra 8/23/2013, 12:58 pm

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Like to add to that something to boil the blood of the progressive gun-grabbers...this woman's faith in god gave her the strength to save the day.

Yella

Yella

Antoinette is a brave woman, no doubt, and also extremely lucky. This thing is going to change her life. I bet she gets some job offers. I hope so.

http://warpedinblue,blogspot.com/

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

TEOTWAWKI wrote:Like to add to that something to boil the blood of the progressive gun-grabbers...this woman's faith in god gave her the strength to save the day.
Boil the blood of progressives? Of course it was her faith, faith applied, that got her through the experience and gave her the words to say that defused the situation. It is not peoples' real faith that boils my blood as a progressive but the pseudo-bs-faith USED by the "conservative" pin heads to rile people up. They use "faith" to manipulate the zombie ditto heads. It is really quite sad.

gulfbeachbandit

gulfbeachbandit

I'd have shot the idiot before he had a chance to open his mouth. Save the tax payers some money of a trial, jail, and all the mental help we're gonna have to provide. Aren't we in a cost saving mode now?

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

othershoe1030 wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:Like to add to that something to boil the blood of the progressive gun-grabbers...this woman's faith in god gave her the strength to save the day.
Boil the blood of progressives? Of course it was her faith, faith applied, that got her through the experience and gave her the words to say that defused the situation. It is not peoples' real faith that boils my blood as a progressive but the pseudo-bs-faith USED by the "conservative" pin heads to rile people up. They use "faith" to manipulate the zombie ditto heads. It is really quite sad.
Well I see there will never be peace as long as we are divided by conservative/progressive labels...I personally trash canned both labels long ago. I don't know which I find more repulsive Neocons or Communists..guess both are about equally abhorrent. Freedom is all I want...and there is none in any mainstream "ism". Progressivism want the government to use violent force to take from the workers and give to the unfortunate and can't see how EVIL that is. Neoconservatism well they love force also cause it fattens their wallets with blood money...more EVIL. Sometimes I think this country is insane beyond hope. Anyway I love jabbing both extremes....they both meet in the middle joined by authoritarian dictates backed by force.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

othershoe1030 wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:I think it would always be easier to talk a guy down with a gun if you had his forehead in your sights...whimpering and crying is not very useful with psychopaths.
You're probably right about not being able to talk to a psychopath but this guy wasn't one I guess, just super stressed and mentally ill, which comes in many flavors not just the psychopath one. The event certainly had a life affirming outcome with no guns fired. It could have been another Sandy Hook but this woman saved the day.

The kid was messed up....he was on probation for terror threats and activity. In the past he tried to stab his mother and burn down the family home while 8 people were sleeping. He threatened to kill his brother. 

Timothy Hill told ABC News: 'I honestly can tell you he has got a long history of medical disorders, including bipolar, and that could make you snap on a dime. 

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2401087/Brother-Georgia-school-shooter-says-Michael-Hill-normal-teens.html#ixzz2cqYLcaJd 

10So much for the NRA's mantra Empty Re: So much for the NRA's mantra 8/24/2013, 2:58 am

Markle

Markle

othershoe1030 wrote:Here's an example of a person "talking down" a bad guy with a gun using words rather than weapons. Teachers would probably benefit more from classes in crises intervention rather than a trip to the shooting range. Here is another example of the need for universal background checks and a better mental health treatment system.

http://www.alternet.org/civil-liberties/unarmed-woman-prevents-school-shooting-words-not-bullets
Let me think...think, think, think. Would I rather be trying to talk down a bad guy with a gun, armed or unarmed.... Hmmm...think, think, think.

11So much for the NRA's mantra Empty Re: So much for the NRA's mantra 8/24/2013, 10:13 am

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

Joanimaroni wrote:
othershoe1030 wrote:
The kid was messed up....he was on probation for terror threats and activity. In the past he tried to stab his mother and burn down the family home while 8 people were sleeping. He threatened to kill his brother. 

Timothy Hill told ABC News: 'I honestly can tell you he has got a long history of medical disorders, including bipolar, and that could make you snap on a dime. 

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2401087/Brother-Georgia-school-shooter-says-Michael-Hill-normal-teens.html#ixzz2cqYLcaJd 
This shows how screwed up and ineffectual our mental health system is.

12So much for the NRA's mantra Empty Re: So much for the NRA's mantra 8/24/2013, 10:22 am

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

TEOTWAWKI wrote:
othershoe1030 wrote:
Well I see there will never be peace as long as we are divided by conservative/progressive labels...I personally trash canned both labels long ago. I don't know which I find more repulsive Neocons or Communists..guess both are about equally abhorrent. Freedom is all I want...and there is none in any mainstream "ism". Progressivism want the government to use violent force to take from the workers and give to the unfortunate and can't see how EVIL that is. Neoconservatism well they love force also cause it fattens their wallets with blood money...more EVIL. Sometimes I think this country is insane beyond hope. Anyway I love jabbing both extremes....they both meet in the middle joined by authoritarian dictates backed by force.
Okay, let me re-phrase and say I hate it when anyone gins up peoples' emotions by referencing so called religious beliefs. There is no freedom without a certain degree of social structure. Without that there is rule by bullies like guys in pickup trucks and big guns and lots of testosterone loving the feeling of power over others. Think Somalia.

Can you give some examples of what you mean by progressives wanting the government to use violent force to take from the workers and give to the unfortunate? I am not familiar with such policies.  I do agree with the blood money military/industrial complex money draining corporate welfare concept.

13So much for the NRA's mantra Empty Re: So much for the NRA's mantra 8/24/2013, 10:27 am

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

othershoe1030 wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:
othershoe1030 wrote:
Okay, let me re-phrase and say I hate it when anyone gins up peoples' emotions by referencing so called religious beliefs. There is no freedom without a certain degree of social structure. Without that there is rule by bullies like guys in pickup trucks and big guns and lots of testosterone loving the feeling of power over others. Think Somalia.

Can you give some examples of what you mean by progressives wanting the government to use violent force to take from the workers and give to the unfortunate? I am not familiar with such policies.  I do agree with the blood money military/industrial complex money draining corporate welfare concept.
Yes it's called welfare..that is paid for by my money taxed away at the point of a gun...

14So much for the NRA's mantra Empty Re: So much for the NRA's mantra 8/24/2013, 7:09 pm

So much for the NRA's mantra Th?id=H.4820869956831778&pid=1

Gad Damn governmen' revenuers!

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nTthuudYDY

Smile

15So much for the NRA's mantra Empty Re: So much for the NRA's mantra 8/24/2013, 7:18 pm

knothead

knothead

Markle wrote:
othershoe1030 wrote:Here's an example of a person "talking down" a bad guy with a gun using words rather than weapons. Teachers would probably benefit more from classes in crises intervention rather than a trip to the shooting range. Here is another example of the need for universal background checks and a better mental health treatment system.

Let me think...think, think, think.  Would I rather be trying to talk down a bad guy with a gun, armed or unarmed.... Hmmm...think, think, think.

OK, lemme think here . . . . hmmmmmm . . . this sounds very much like ole George Zimmerman does it not? I'm packing heat so don't tread on me!

16So much for the NRA's mantra Empty Re: So much for the NRA's mantra 8/24/2013, 7:28 pm

knothead wrote:
Markle wrote:

Let me think...think, think, think.  Would I rather be trying to talk down a bad guy with a gun, armed or unarmed.... Hmmm...think, think, think.

OK, lemme think here . . . . hmmmmmm . . . this sounds very much like ole George Zimmerman does it not? I'm packing heat so don't tread on me!
So much for the NRA's mantra Th?id=H.4653211642232929&pid=1

At least he's not shooting unarmed people in the back because he was bored, slamming someone's head against the sidewalk because they're being watched, or beating WWII vets to death.

*****SMILE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZk9tycQ9q0

Smile

17So much for the NRA's mantra Empty Re: So much for the NRA's mantra 8/24/2013, 8:08 pm

Markle

Markle

knothead wrote:
Markle wrote:

Apparently you were not paying attention. Trayvon Martin smashed George Zimmerman in the face, knocked him down, straddled him and started pounding him. I guess you missed that part.

18So much for the NRA's mantra Empty Re: So much for the NRA's mantra 8/24/2013, 10:06 pm

knothead

knothead

No didn't miss a beat . . . . he was pursued, provoked and he attacked a wanna be cop who was armed and more than ready to pull the trigger! It was murder in my view or at least manslaughter but he was acquitted so I can only think it is a bad law to allow such a travesty.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum