Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Hmmm where was the mantra for gun control by Obama and the left after Kate Steinle's death?

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Hmmmmm he can comment after other deaths where minorities are involved,
But not the deaths of Caucasians?

Sal

Sal

President Obama on Wednesday spoke out about the shooting during a live newscast earlier that morning that left two journalists dead, calling for action on gun control.

"It breaks my heart every time you read about or hear about these kinds of incidents," he said during an interview with Philadephia television station WPVI.

"What we know is that the number of people who die from gun-related incidents around this country dwarfs any deaths that happen through terrorism," he later added.

During an interview with Seattle television station KIRO, Obama said that the incident shows that legislators in the U.S. need to work to reduce gun violence.

"My heart goes out to them, to the families. Sadly, these kinds of events happen too often. It's a testimony in this case to the fact that local journalists, they go into some tough places," he said. "This wasn’t one of those situations. They should have been safe. I think it's one more argument for why we need to look at how we can reduce gun violence in this country."

Early Wednesday morning, a gunman shot and killed two journalists for Virginia television station WDBJ, reporter Alison Parker and cameraman Adam Ward. A third individual, Vicki Gardner, was injured in the shooting. The suspect, who was identified as Vester Lee Flanagan, died hours later from a self-inflicted gunshot wound.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/obama-newscast-shooting-gun-control

Sal

Sal

Obamasucks wrote:Hmmmmm he can comment after other deaths where minorities are involved,
But not the deaths of Caucasians?

Were the news crew and the interviewee not Caucasians?

Did the President not comment?

You had a point?

It's not as good as a white shooter and black victims... but it'll do.

polecat

polecat

Why isn't the gop/fox/rightwing not trying to pass a Mayci & Jillian law?

polecat

polecat

Your side is the 1 pushing Kate's law. What is that for? Karl

2seaoat

I think the victim's father pretty much spoke for most Americans.....our politicians are bought and paid for.......Maybe America with Trump realizes how evil the highest bidder has made America unsafe. Sensible gun control will not stop tragedies like this, but statistically over time with biometric trigger locks, registration and chipped foid cards we will get a start. All people who want to carry a weapon must carry it in the open unloaded in a case approved where ammo can be stored. If a person is going to carry a weapon not in the case, not registered, and not properly synced with the foid card and biometric trigger.....you are going to jail. We could cut gun deaths in half and folks keep their guns, but this tragedy could have been completed with a good knife. We need to make bad people work harder to do their evil deeds.

Ya... by restricting the rights of law abiding citizens... lol.

polecat

polecat

PkrBum wrote:Ya... by restricting the rights of law abiding citizens... lol.

Yea WTF its just another dead girl ( just 1 ) and she was going to die some day anyway.

Trump/Palin 2016

2seaoat

Ya... by restricting the rights of law abiding citizens... lol.

Regulation is not restricting the rights of law abiding citizens. The Supreme Court has been clear on the second amendment that reasonable regulation is in compliance with the constitution. I have a foid card. It has not restricted my rights. If a trigger locks is required, it has not restricted my rights. Gun safety has to be our highest priority. As an Eagle Scout I was trained with gun safety as the highest priority. It is absurd to think that safety is a restriction of rights. Common sense operating free of the bought prostitutes who spews nonsense or faces a primary race where the NRA funds an opponent. No simple sound bites about taking peoples guns is bone chilling stupid and consistent. We need to make America safer. The father of the victim speaks for most Americans, not the Gun Lobby. Just like the Alcohol Industry fights medical pot, and ignition interlocks, and 20k die a year.......the same number die from guns. It is simply time to be intelligent and respectful of the second amendment, but safer in the way we allow guns to be in the hands of folks that should not have them.

Of that number you throw out... the vast majority are suicides. How are you going to fix that... and criminal and crazy?

polecat

polecat

Good thing the guys who are trying to stop women from getting Pap smears won't do anything about gun violence.- LOLGOP

86 Americans are shot to death by a gun each day.
0 die of gay marriage, voting without an ID or access to birth control. - LOLGOP

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

BAN THIS HATEFUL FLAG......

Hmmm where was the mantra for gun control by Obama and the left after Kate Steinle's death? 1024px-Rainbow_flag_and_blue_skies

2seaoat

The auto industry at first fought tooth and nail to stop mandated safety measures. Today they have gone beyond mandates and have made safety a high profit marketing strategy. Less Americans die on our highways. The same will happen with the gun industry. At first they will fight it tooth and nail. However, there will be huge profits in retrofitting and building the safest guns which cannot easily be turned on their owners, will be harder for children to fire, and make people feel safer on the streets with open carry cases. This will bring renewing revenues to gunsmiths and gun manufacturing. It will be a profit bonanza. Profit and safety are not mutually exclusive. We really can lower gun deaths in America. Background checks did drop deaths of police and suicides.....stat given on MSNBC as I am writing this response clearly indicate that 88 people a day shot every day....insanity....we are going to demand our country back from the gun lobby.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Should demand it back from the gang lobby..oh that's right Eric Holder gave them their guns so it must be okay...

Sal

Sal

TEOTWAWKI wrote:BAN THIS HATEFUL FLAG......

Hmmm where was the mantra for gun control by Obama and the left after Kate Steinle's death? 1024px-Rainbow_flag_and_blue_skies

Sooo ....

.... the killer was motivated by his hatred of heterosexuals?

Mmmmkay.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

http://abcnews.go.com/US/shooting-alleged-gunman-details-grievances-suicide-notes/story?id=33336339

In Flanagan's often rambling letter to authorities, family and friends, he writes of a long list of grievances. In one part of the document, Flanagan calls it a “Suicide Note for Friends and Family."

He says he has been attacked by black men and white females
   He talks about how he was attacked for being a gay, black man

He says has suffered racial discrimination, sexual harassment and bullying at work

I'm sure he did... that kinda douche blames everybody else for all of their issues and problems.

The victim card is a wildcard.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum