Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Seaoat asked me a question the other day. He asked "if an insane defendant has no intent to commit a crime, is he guilty of the crime?"

+5
VectorMan
boards of FL
Joanimaroni
Floridatexan
Hospital Bob
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

boards of FL wrote:
PkrBum wrote:"I think executing criminals (abortion) is barbaric, and I wish the state wouldn't do it in my name."

Well... let's devolve some more. Isn't the above the exact argument the pro-life groups use?

This would be a good argument if grown, adult criminals and fetuses were even remotely the same thing. A damned good argument it would be.

It's not my argument... if you look at it objectively... killing a fetus/baby seems much more barbaric.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

PkrBum wrote:"I think executing criminals (abortion) is barbaric, and I wish the state wouldn't do it in my name."

Well... let's devolve some more. Isn't the above the exact argument the pro-life groups use?

Brilliant...but the minds you are trying to reach are polluted beyond repair..great try though.

Sal

Sal

Fetus and baby are not interchangeable terms.

That is where your argument comes off the rails.

Sal wrote:Fetus and baby are not interchangeable terms.

lol... do I need to explain where babies come from? Again... it's not my argument. If I can acknowledge that people feel differently than I might... and that if they simply see abortion as a medical procedure (which it is)... why should the govt sponsor the practice with tax dollars ("in my name")?

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

He's on the ropes Pkr now put him down for the count.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Sal wrote:

This thread wasn't dedicated to those women.

No actually this thread was dedicated to those women. It was your reply which wasn't.
What was done to those women is the whole point of my position on this.
As it always is in these discussions.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Everyone here knows the names John Wayne Gacy and Ted Bundy.  
Not one of us can name even one of their victims.  
And since we only know those names,  then the discussion revolves around them and what happens to them.  And then you and others tell us how "inhumane" it is to execute them.  And that becomes the WHOLE story.
No one even wants to know who the victims were and what they're lives were and what their lives might have been or how it impacts on the survivors.  And we don't know who the survivors are or what their lives are either.

That's the real "inhumanity" of it,  Sal.  That all the attention is focused on whether or not some scum should or should not be executed.  I say who gives a fuck.  I honestly have no feeling about that or about him.  All that piece of shit is to me is something costing the taxpayers a shitload of money to keep alive.
I say take that $47,000 a year and give it to the survivors.  Not use it to keep him alive.  He doesn't deserve this phony "humanity".  They do.

boards of FL

boards of FL

Bob wrote:
I would MUCH prefer that the $47,000/year be used to keep dogs alive at the animal shelter.

There are 11.54 million people in Ohio, so it costs each Ohian 4 tenths of 1 cent per year to keep this guy locked up.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

2seaoat wrote:Bob,
In Matthew, the bible talks about how we treat the least among us.........

And the "least among us" is not that freak. It's those girls who the freak held in captivity in chains and repeatedly raped.
That's the part you and Sal and so many always miss.

Sal

Sal

PkrBum wrote:

lol... do I need to explain where babies come from? Again... it's not my argument. If I can acknowledge that people feel differently than I might... and that if they simply see abortion as a medical procedure (which it is)... why should the govt sponsor the practice with tax dollars ("in my name")?

Is the government forcing women to get abortions?

Libertarians are always all about the liberteez until they're crawling up into women's vajayjays.

lol

Sal wrote:
PkrBum wrote:

Is the government forcing women to get abortions?

Libertarians are always all about the liberteez until they're crawling up into women's vajayjays.

lol

Again... one last time... I don't want to decide anything for a woman. Just why I should help pay for it "in my name".

boards of FL

boards of FL

PkrBum wrote:lol... do I need to explain where babies come from?

Sperm and egg. Thus, one can't rub one out in the shower while also being pro-life or against the death penalty. The two are not compatible. One simply cannot murder 40,000,000 people in the shower before work and then say they are against the death penalty.

Sal

Sal

Bob wrote:
2seaoat wrote:Bob,
In Matthew, the bible talks about how we treat the least among us.........

And the "least among us" is not that freak.  It's those girls who the freak held in captivity in chains and repeatedly raped.

Jebus, you act like I want to be his BFF or something, you sanctimonious ass.

lol

boards of FL wrote:
PkrBum wrote:lol... do I need to explain where babies come from?

Sperm and egg. Thus, one can't rub one out in the shower while also being pro-life or against the death penalty. The two are not compatible. One simply cannot murder 40,000,000 people in the shower before work and then say they are against the death penalty.

I don't give a damn what you do in the shower... just don't expect my help.

2seaoat

"I think executing criminals (abortion) is barbaric, and I wish the state wouldn't do it in my name."

This argument is illogical. The state represents the people collectively. In a democracy the people vote for laws which are passed and implemented. The death penalty is an action by the state to terminate a life.

An expectant mother who chooses birth control to prevent fertilization, or abortion after fertilization is an individual and not the state. The state whether is considers birth control or abortion illegal does not murder when an individual makes the decision to use birth control or have an abortion.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

boards of FL wrote:
Bob wrote:
I would MUCH prefer that the $47,000/year be used to keep dogs alive at the animal shelter.

There are 11.54 million people in Ohio, so it costs each Ohian 4 tenths of 1 cent per year to keep this guy locked up.  

I see. So obviously you don't agree with Seaoat's point either. Hell it only cost each Ohian a quarter of a penny to keep a pot smoker in jail too. So why give a shit about that either.

And how about this local cop who shoots an old man who's getting out of his own car? Hell each of us is only gonna have to pay a few pennies to cover that lawsuit too so who gives a shit if the cops are trigger happy?

Hell, we can apply that reasoning to anything, Will.

boards of FL

boards of FL

Bob wrote:I see.  So obviously you don't agree with Seaoat's point either.  Hell it only cost each Ohian  a quarter of a penny to keep a pot smoker in jail too.  So why give a shit about that either.

Slow down there, Bob. I definitely never said that. We should release the pot-smokers and dealers and then use the 0.4 of each cent to build a ganja mountain.

2seaoat wrote:"I think executing criminals (abortion) is barbaric, and I wish the state wouldn't do it in my name."

This argument is illogical. The state represents the people collectively. In a democracy the people vote for laws which are passed and implemented. The death penalty is an action by the state to terminate a life.

An expectant mother who chooses birth control to prevent fertilization, or abortion after fertilization is an individual and not the state. The state whether is considers birth control or abortion illegal does not murder when an individual makes the decision to use birth control or have an abortion.

Paying for or subsidizing abortion is "an action by the State to terminate life".

2seaoat

And the "least among us" is not that freak. It's those girls who the freak held in captivity in chains and repeatedly raped.

So thats the part Sal, I, and so many ALWAYS miss........well thank you for pointing that out. Pretty good with your generalizations this morning. I am glad you are really tough on criminals Bob, and I am glad you apply stellar logic to your arguments, but do you think STATE action should have sound policy which guides the decision to kill another human being? I believe in a perfect world there would be no abortion or death penalty. It is that simple. In our imperfection we have both. I am a realist. I believe in policy which reduces both. However, what policy would the execution of your newest freak who by your outrage validates your belief that you occupy some higher moral ground which requires societal retribution of an eye for an eye.......? Will executing this defendant deter folks who have a hidden room in their home from killing the children they are holding? It seems just the opposite would happen. Here the defendant did not kill the victims. He did not go Bundy on them. So what message does it send..........you better kill your victims, because you are going to die anyway, and a dead victim does not yell for help.

Is it just a matter of whack and stack to get rid of dangerous folks.......well it is far more cost effective to give a life sentence than to execute people.......so is your policy to spend more money and further bankrupt us? Nope, Bob will say what you do not understand......this person is a freak........he should not be afforded the protections we give to folks, and every freak should be executed in 6 months.....no costs.....no problema...........one simple question.......How has that been working out now that DNA has shown some folks are actually innocent, and but for that costly appeals process the STATE would be a cold blooded killer....you tell me who I think the freak is..............

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

No they are not interchangeable....babies can be filmed in color...in utero babies can't.  

Seaoat asked me a question the other day.  He asked "if an insane defendant has no intent to commit a crime,  is he guilty of the crime?" - Page 2 Home_b10

This one sure looks like a baby....but it's just a fetus eligible for aborting.

Seaoat asked me a question the other day.  He asked "if an insane defendant has no intent to commit a crime,  is he guilty of the crime?" - Page 2 Fetal_10

2seaoat

Paying for or subsidizing abortion is "an action by the State to terminate life".

Your a funny guy. Your logic is even funnier. Let us assume that the government sends a young person to war to kill. They pay him to kill and that person kills on the direction of the State because of some policy of the greater good of the nation state.

A woman who goes into a pharmacy to get the morning after pill, or to go to a clinic and have an abortion makes that choice of her own free will. She is not under the direction or control of the state. Now what she works out with her health provider or pharmacy is after the fact and nothing in the transaction between the mother and the provider changes the services or products provided......nothing. So under this flawed logic, a credit card company, a bank, or a person in the family who helps defer some of the cost of the procedures is an action to terminate a life......stellar logic.......a bit fuzzy today from all that rain in Michigan......cabin fever setting in........

Silly circle logic. Mine was a simple question... if you can't focus it's not my problem.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

boards of FL wrote:

Slow down there, Bob.  I definitely never said that.  We should release the pot-smokers and dealers and then use the 0.4 of each cent to build a ganja mountain.  

I agree.  And let's use that other $47,000 and take a road trip to Colorado.
And if if need be to satisfy Seaoat and Sal,  we'll get that freak in Cleveland high with it too before we bury him behind the courthouse.  I bet he'd want a last toke before a last meal anyway.  I would.

2seaoat

He doesn't deserve this phony "humanity". They do.

Robert the decider...........I will decide who gets that phony humanity, and who does not.........I just think I can visit Bobland and come up with some new laws as I grab parts of the car from the floor and reassemble this whole screwed up mess where we can whack and stack freaks......no legal tweeks......I am the packing jacking Bob who will decide who lives and dies.......I know who is human and who falls below that threshold.......we whack non humans........child kidnappers.........murders..........and people who steal a lawnmower from my garage...........there is a subliminal logic which just makes sense............to somebody.

2seaoat

if you can't focus it's not my problem.

Well actually not........it is the State's problem......I am going on SS in February.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum