Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Seaoat asked me a question the other day. He asked "if an insane defendant has no intent to commit a crime, is he guilty of the crime?"

+5
VectorMan
boards of FL
Joanimaroni
Floridatexan
Hospital Bob
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Ariel Castro says he had no intent to commit a crime. Let's take him at his word for that. He says all the sex with the girls and women he had chained up was "consenual". Let's take him at his word that he really believes that. He says "I'm not a monster, I'm just sick". Let's take him at his word for that too. That he is insane.

Well here's your answer, seaoat. If a court had ruled him legally insane, and a court had decided because of that he had no intent to commit a crime and because of his insanity did not understand he was committing a crime, the question is "should Castro be found guilty?"

My answer is "you've got to be kidding me". And my second answer is that I would take him right from the courtroom and hang him from the public square and put it on television.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

He's just trying to save his own skin. I believe there are cases wherein the defendant could be considered legally "not in his right mind", but those are few and far between. "I don't know what came over me" isn't going to work for this loser.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Bob wrote:Ariel Castro says he had no intent to commit a crime.  Let's take him at his word for that.  He says all the sex with the girls and women he had chained up was "consenual".  Let's take him at his word that he really believes that.   He says "I'm not a monster,  I'm just sick".  Let's take him at his word for that too.  That he is insane.

Well here's your answer,  seaoat.  If a court had ruled him legally insane,  and a court had decided because of that he had no intent to commit a crime and because of his insanity did not understand he was committing a crime,  the question is "should Castro be found guilty?"

My answer is "you've got to be kidding me".  And my second answer is that I would take him right from the courtroom and hang him from the public square and put it on television.
Listening to him made me sick to my stomach. He claims he has a sex addiction and as an addict he could not help himself. 

He then had the nerve to blame his victims for his actions....they wanted the sex. What a bastard.

boards of FL

boards of FL

Strict liability.

VectorMan

VectorMan

Bob wrote:Ariel Castro says he had no intent to commit a crime.  Let's take him at his word for that.  He says all the sex with the girls and women he had chained up was "consenual".  Let's take him at his word that he really believes that.   He says "I'm not a monster,  I'm just sick".  Let's take him at his word for that too.  That he is insane.

Well here's your answer,  seaoat.  If a court had ruled him legally insane,  and a court had decided because of that he had no intent to commit a crime and because of his insanity did not understand he was committing a crime,  the question is "should Castro be found guilty?"

My answer is "you've got to be kidding me".  And my second answer is that I would take him right from the courtroom and hang him from the public square and put it on television.

That's exactly what came to mind before I even read it. Then again, we are talking about seaoats.

Markle

Markle

Joanimaroni wrote:

Listening to him made me sick to my stomach. He claims he has a sex addiction and as an addict he could not help himself. 

He then had the nerve to blame his victims for his actions....they wanted the sex. What a bastard.

I'm pretty sure he'll have all the sex he can handle in the coming years and I'm sure he'll "enjoy" it as much as he believes his victims did.

It is hard for me to comprehend how much evil can reside in one "human being".

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Yes it's like killing women and children with drones...that takes a very special kind of hideous insanity and those that support it and cheer it are even more evil. They may  even make a damned to hell rapist look good.

Well they say it saves American lives...so how much is an Amertican life worth ?...well if you go by neocon Zionist standards which they do...its

“1 Million Arabs Not Worth A Jewish Fingernail”

http://aquacool.subzeroblue.com/2006/08/02/1-million-arabs-not-worth-a-jewish-fingernail/

If a defendant has been declared insane then it doesn't matter if he had intent. Addictions don't equal insanity. Of course, he should be found guilty.

Seaoat asked me a question the other day.  He asked "if an insane defendant has no intent to commit a crime,  is he guilty of the crime?" Th?id=H.4769214389422368&pid=1

What does one do with a mad dog?

*****SMILE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1sf2CzEq0w

Smile 

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

What does one do with a mad country ?

TEOTWAWKI wrote:What does one do with a mad country ?

Seaoat asked me a question the other day.  He asked "if an insane defendant has no intent to commit a crime,  is he guilty of the crime?" Th?id=H.4928823934519610&pid=1

People in warzones die and not all soldiers are model citizens.

If you are going to take a supposedly enlightened progressive liberal stance against war and believe we should not attack a country unless we are attacked then...

What gave the United States the right to attack Germany in World War I & II?

*****SMILE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhat-xUQ6dw

Smile

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Damaged Eagle wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:What does one do with a mad country ?

Seaoat asked me a question the other day.  He asked "if an insane defendant has no intent to commit a crime,  is he guilty of the crime?" Th?id=H.4928823934519610&pid=1

People in warzones die and not all soldiers are model citizens.

If you are going to take a supposedly enlightened progressive liberal stance against war and believe we should not attack a country unless we are attacked then...

What gave the United States the right to attack Germany in World War I & II?

*****SMILE*****

Smile

We never had the right but nobody listened to Charles Lindbergh and Henry Ford.. I am a Libertarian and no party affiliation they both are the same type criminals.

What gave Prescott Bush the right to make millions supplying Hitler with weapons...what what what indeed ?...

The United States did not want to engage in the Great War. The World War One recruiting poster United States included many people of English, French, and German ancestry, so it was difficult to choose sides. The American people had a strong feeling of isolationism, believing that they should not become entangled in foreign wars. Woodrow Wilson was re-elected to the presidency by a narrow victory in 1916 with the slogan, “He Kept Us Out of War,” but within months the United States would be drawn into the conflict.

The United States entered both those wars late because they feared a civil war to break out during both those conflicts due to the fact that the people of German ancestry in the United States at that time was well over 50% of the population.

Those of German descent still are the largest minority group in the United States today making up over 40% of the total US population.

*****SMILE*****

Smile

2seaoat

Bob,

How would you handle the five year old who had his brother push him off his bike, and he goes in the house and get's his father's gun, aims the gun at his brother, fires the gun, and kills his brother. Did he have the requisite intent to be charged with murder in an adult court, or a juvenile court?

Insane enough to keep the crime(s) covered for YEARS....Don't know why in these type of case they just don't put the diseased animals down...

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

2seaoat wrote:Bob,

How would you handle the five year old who had his brother push him off his bike, and he goes in the house and get's his father's gun, aims the gun at his brother, fires the gun, and kills his brother.   Did he have the requisite intent to be charged with murder in an adult court, or a juvenile court?

I don't know what you do about a 5 year old who murders his own brother,  seaoat.  But I would be willing to bet that,  regardless of whatever you do,  that individual is going to be a menace to society.

I have another question about Ariel Castro,  however.  I cannot for the life of me understand why the taxpayers of Ohio are required to house and feed that animal and give him medical care for the rest of his life.
I would much rather he be shot to death out back of the courthouse and then just dumped into a hole in the ground.
I'm told it costs the taxpayers about $47,000 annually on average to keep this vermin in prison.  Hell I live on $22,000/year.  At least up until this year when I'm going to have to pay an additional $10-12,000 out of my pocket for an hour and a half facility charge in the Sacred Heart outpatient OR for a lousy lymph node biopsy (and that's just what the facility charge is going to cost me and not the cost of the doctors and other ancillaries). But even still I can live for less than the cost of keeping that piece of shit alive. And while they're at it it's fine with me if they put the Sacred Heart Administrator in the hole with him.
I would MUCH prefer that the $47,000/year be used to keep dogs alive at the animal shelter.

Last edited by Bob on 8/2/2013, 7:00 am; edited 1 time in total

Bob wrote:

How would you handle the five year old who had his brother push him off his bike, and he goes in the house and get's his father's gun, aims the gun at his brother, fires the gun, and kills his brother.   Did he have the requisite intent to be charged with murder in an adult court, or a juvenile court?

I don't know what you do about a 5 year old who murders his own brother,  seaoat.  But I would be willing to bet that,  regardless of whatever you do,  that individual is going to be a menace to society.

I have another question about Ariel Castro,  however.  I cannot for the life of me understand why the taxpayers of Ohio are required to house and feed that animal and give him medical care for the rest of his life.
I would much rather he be shot to death out back of the courthouse and then just dumped into a hole in the ground.
I'm told it costs the taxpayers about $47,000 annually on average to keep this vermin in prison.  Hell I live on $22,000/year.  At least up until this year when I'm going to have to pay an additional $10-12,000 out of my pocket for an hour and a half facility charge in the Sacred Heart outpatient OR for a lousy lymph node biopsy (and that's just what the facility charge is going to cost me and not the cost of the doctors and other other other ancillaries).  But even still I can live for less than the cost of keeping that piece of shit alive. And while they're at it it's fine with me if they put the Sacred Heart Administrator in the hole with him.
I would MUCH prefer that he be put to sleep and that $47,000 be used to keep dogs alive at the animal shelter.

Good point....when animals that commit these types of crimes are treated better than citizens that have retired and are on fixed incomes....there's your sign about society...

2seaoat

Bob,
Why would you be concerned about violent and dangerous people costing money to be kept in Prison. Where is your outrage for an entire culture being put in jail for drug use. Nonviolent drug use where we have the largest number of people in the world in jail as a percentage of our population because of the failed 2nd prohibition. In Matthew, the bible talks about how we treat the least among us............., well John Wayne Gacy partied and had a great time in prison with deviate sex, and pleasure while the kids he buried in his crawlspace never had that opportunity.

The law looks at requisite intent as an element of a crime. If a child or a person deemed insane by expert testimony cannot be found guilty by traditional affirmative defenses, many states are removing the affirmative defense, and finding guilty but insane. Would you kill the five year old child, the 32 year old man who is impaired by brain damage, or an insane person? Probably not in a civilized nation. There is a price to pay for being civilized.

I am off to Northwestern for my morning appointment of shots where society spends 22k a month to keep me alive. The truth is as a civilized society can we afford to keep non violent prohibition violators in prison, and still afford to provide health care for our citizens. I will die before the tough decisions are going to be made, but we cannot have it all. We cannot have unlimited tests paid for, or 61 year old folks costing us 22k thousand a month, and millions of folks costing us 50k a year to house, feed, and provide medical care.

Sal

Sal

2seaoat wrote:There is a price to pay for being civilized.

Precisely.

The real issue is not with someone's mental capability, or how that is determined.

You can argue that back and forth until hell freezes over.

The real issue is the death penalty itself.

You're either fer'it or agin'it.

When you get to the point that you're arguing the semantics of who should be killed, you've already lost your civility and your humanity.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

In the last two posts I'm being asked where is my outrage over putting people in jail over drugs and then I'm being accused of losing my humanity.

I'm outraged over putting people in jail over drugs.  I'm outraged that we never leared a goddamn thing from Prohibition.  No different than my outrage over how we never learned a goddamn thing from that Vietnam fiasco either.

But it really is interesting to have two people question MY humanity when the same two people who are doing that have not said one fucking word in this thread about the women who were victimized.  I guess what they were made to endure has nothing to do with humanity according to Sal and Seaoat.  The only "humanity" they're concerned about is the humanity done to the scum who made that happen.
And that outrages me even more than putting people in jail over drugs and sending volunteers to useless wars. I'd call all three the axis of outrage.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Bob wrote:In the last two posts I'm being asked where is my outrage over putting people in jail over drugs and then I'm being accused of losing my humanity.

I'm outraged over putting people in jail over drugs.  I'm outraged that we never leared a goddamn thing from Prohibition.  No different than my outrage over how we never learned a goddamn thing from that Vietnam fiasco either.

But it really is interesting to have two people question MY humanity when the same two people who are doing that have not said one fucking word in this thread about the women who were victimized.  I guess what they were made to endure has nothing to do with humanity according to Sal and Seaoat.  The only "humanity" they're concerned about is the humanity done to the scum who made that happen.

And that outrages me more than drugs or Vietnam or anything.  

Mega dittoes

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

John Wayne Gacy partied and had a great time in prison with deviate sex, and pleasure while the kids he buried in his crawlspace never had that opportunity.

If you're suggesting that Gacy should have instead been taken out behind the courtroom and shot in the head and thrown in a hole.   then to tell me that is preaching to the choir,  I think it's Sal you need to address that to.  lol

Sal

Sal

Bob wrote:

And that outrages me even more than putting people in jail over drugs and sending volunteers to useless wars.  I'd call all three the axis of outrage.

Oh, STFU.

Of course, I'm outraged by the victimization of those women.

That goes without saying.

This thread wasn't dedicated to those women.

It was dedicated to a discussion of insanity as a defense, and quickly devolved into a dick swinging contest to determine who would execute criminals the quickest.

I think executing criminals is barbaric, and I wish the state wouldn't do it in my name.

Most civilized countries agree.

I understand that the people who commit these crimes are largely barbarians, but I don't think we should lower ourselves to their standards.

I understand we disagree on this, but please don't pretend I have anything but the greatest sympathy for the victims of such horrific crimes.

Last edited by Sal on 8/2/2013, 2:29 pm; edited 1 time in total

"I think executing criminals (abortion) is barbaric, and I wish the state wouldn't do it in my name."

Well... let's devolve some more. Isn't the above the exact argument the pro-life groups use?

boards of FL

boards of FL

PkrBum wrote:"I think executing criminals (abortion) is barbaric, and I wish the state wouldn't do it in my name."

Well... let's devolve some more. Isn't the above the exact argument the pro-life groups use?

This would be a good argument if grown, adult criminals and fetuses were even remotely the same thing. A damned good argument it would be.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum