Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Pensacola dentist accused of sexual activity w/ 3 sedated patients

+4
Joanimaroni
TEOTWAWKI
Sal
Hospital Bob
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Bob wrote:
hallmarkgrad2 wrote:@Bob do me a favour. Please dont use the word "gook" unless you really need to. Thanks. Very much like the word "Nigger" to some people

Jap is just as bad to Japanese.
I use words for a reason, CG. Same as when I use the word queer. And it's EXACTLY the reason black comics use the word "nigger" and why the black culture has taken the word over from bigots by using it. When a profanity is real taboo (when it becomes the word that's most off limits) is when it has the most power. When you bring it out of hiding and put it into a context of mocking it is when it loses it's power. That's the goal for them and for me.
So it's a habit I don't wanna break. Sorry if you take it that way though. I gotta please myself with what I write first

I don't see it that way at all, Bob. You're a history buff, as am I. There's too much evil associated with that word to make it socially acceptable today. I completely understand Hallmark's distaste for the other word, which was used in much the same way...to dehumanize the "enemy". If you want to use those types of derogatory slurs, write a historical novel that demonstrates how those words have "lost their power." I find it offensive from anyone.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Nekochan wrote:On the subject of tattoos, I totally am with you, Bob. I don't like them on Boy Scouts, on Girl Scouts, on dentists, on musicians, on Burger King employees, on bikers, on belly dancers, on high school dropouts, on college graduates, on young people, on old people, on straight people or on gay people. I do not like them, period.

You sound like THE CAT IN THE HAT. lol! lol! lol!

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

2seaoat wrote:Huh? Does that mean if I put 16 year olds under anasthesia and then rub my genitals against them that the authorities will turn me over to the Pickers Association? I thought you got prosecuted in the court for doing stuff like that.

There is a process when dealing with a professional license, and there are criminal charges. A prosecutor can allow a grand jury to review evidence, or the prosecutor can indict. A really tough case to take to a jury. Absent some type of DNA or a victim testifying, how is a prosecutor going to frame their case? Just look at all the letters in the PNJ supporting this guy. The presumption of innocence is a fading concept in American media. What would have been the problem to wait for the results of the administrative hearing. Instead this guy and his practice are toast.

I have told the story on my original scan where the person who sets you up in the cat scan bed grabbed my junk and arranged it......I remember Mike from the PNJ saying I should report it to the hospital, but at the time I thought they were giving me a total scan.....not just a liver or lung scan, so I never reported it. Now if another staff member saw what he did, and complained that it was inappropriate, and they asked me......I could give clear testimony, but how does a 16 year old who is under a general going to testify to being rubbed or touched? Now that third party who observed is going to be fair game for the defense lawyer.......the prosecutor who prosecutes a popular person with no evidence, or weak evidence.....well that is not a case high on their priorities.

A prosecutor might tear apart one witness, but according to what I read, there was more than one.

I could give clear testimony, but how does a 16 year old who is under a general going to testify to being rubbed or touched?

There is more than just one witness SO. From what I recall there are 4 witnesses and one of them being Dr Turbyfill's business partner, Dr Dean. The prosecutor may be able to break other witnesses, but I seriously doubt that he could break Dr. Dean. All the witnesses stated that Dr Turbyfill had an erection and attempted to hide it with the patients chart.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Okay I'll stop using those two words. Hallmark is right.
BUT, my compromise on this is that I will avoid those two words from now on, but I AM NOT gonna start saying "gay" instead of "queer". I AM NOT gonna let the bigots have that word all to themselves and that's it. So I'll go along with Hallmark (and you, Tex) on the two words, but if anybody here don't like me using the word "queer" then that's tough titties and they can put me on the ignore list.

And it's not only because I want to own the words "queer" and "fag" for myself. It's also because I loathe the word "gay" when substituted for homosexual. There's not a damn thing gay about it. It definitely is not a "gay old time" for most queers. "Lousy old time" would be more like it.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

And I aint backin down on the tattoos either. Tattoos suck.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

2seaoat wrote:I really do not like cub fans and Alabama fans......tats and things in people's ears are not my thing.....but everybody should be free to choose.......however when that choice is becoming a cub fan or an Alabama fan.......well I honestly have prejudice......I try.....but I do not think I will get over those prejudices before I find the gates of hell.......where most certainly the Devil will be a Cub fan and Alabama fan.......Now those pearly gates......they will have an Auburn and White Sox fans only sign.

I went to Winn Dixie yesterday. And they had patio umbrellas for sale in front of the store. One was Alabama. One was Auburn.
I got news for all you Alabama obsessed types. WE AINT livin in Alabama.
Get that crap out of my face and get a Florida State umbrella up there.

2seaoat wrote:Huh? Does that mean if I put 16 year olds under anasthesia and then rub my genitals against them that the authorities will turn me over to the Pickers Association? I thought you got prosecuted in the court for doing stuff like that.

There is a process when dealing with a professional license, and there are criminal charges. A prosecutor can allow a grand jury to review evidence, or the prosecutor can indict. A really tough case to take to a jury. Absent some type of DNA or a victim testifying, how is a prosecutor going to frame their case? Just look at all the letters in the PNJ supporting this guy. The presumption of innocence is a fading concept in American media. What would have been the problem to wait for the results of the administrative hearing. Instead this guy and his practice are toast.

I have told the story on my original scan where the person who sets you up in the cat scan bed grabbed my junk and arranged it......I remember Mike from the PNJ saying I should report it to the hospital, but at the time I thought they were giving me a total scan.....not just a liver or lung scan, so I never reported it. Now if another staff member saw what he did, and complained that it was inappropriate, and they asked me......I could give clear testimony, but how does a 16 year old who is under a general going to testify to being rubbed or touched? Now that third party who observed is going to be fair game for the defense lawyer.......the prosecutor who prosecutes a popular person with no evidence, or weak evidence.....well that is not a case high on their priorities.

Where do you get no evidence or weak evidence? They have eye witness testimony from his own staff and partner. Are you kidding me? I can't believe you said that.

2seaoat

All the witnesses stated that Dr Turbyfill had an erection and attempted to hide it with the patients chart.

There is a difference from sexually abusing someone, and being sexually aroused........if having an erection is a crime.....then I should have been arrested and prosecuted every day in Junior high and high school. I used books.....he used charts........Now if the argument is that a witness saw the Dentist rubbing up against a patient.......that will be HARD to prove sexual intent.......however, if with his hands he was touching a breast or vaginal area.....this will be easier......but an allegation that the Dentist was rubbing his body against patients and getting erections........doubt the prosecutor would even touch it......but a hand touching any of those areas is not going to be accidental or incidental to his proximity to the patient.

I once got into a little trouble dirty dancing with a young lady at the Holiday Inn on Navarre Beach........I must have committed a crime........and I am sure there were witnesses, because when I came there the next weekend with my wife and another couple......the female bartender gave me piercing cold stares.....I told the whole story where I was minding my own business having a couple of gin and tonics at the bar when this twenty year younger pretty girl insisted on dancing with me.....I told her no.....she came back.....and I figured what the hell......well it was grind city and yes little Seaoat stood at attention, and I had drank enough that I really did not give a damn. After a couple dances I told her I was married and said I was done dancing. If having an erection is a crime.....and the criteria is that it happens where there are witnesses, and it happens in a place it really should not happen.......then there are a hell of a lot of guilty males. This will not be an easy case to prosecute based on the evidence discussed so far.....there may be much more they are not telling us....we will see.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

2seaoat wrote:Now if the argument is that a witness saw the Dentist rubbing up against a patient.......that will be HARD to prove sexual intent..........doubt the prosecutor would even touch it

A link to see this dentist's license was posted to the first blog comment below today's newspaper story. It says he's licensed to do "deep sedation" (although his privelege to do that has been suspended).

When a dentist is doing deep sedation on 16 year olds, and when he abuses that by rubbing his crotch against them when they're under, and if what you say is true that it's not enough to go after him even when there are witnesses, then that's tantamount to giving a green light to other pervert dentists to do the same with no risk of penalty.
The witnesses said he adjusted the patient table to the height of his crotch before he started rubbing against them.
I can speculate about how this went down after reading there were three different victims. Somebody on the staff saw him do it to one. But seeing one didn't give them enough confidence to report it. After the same staffer or another saw it two more times, somebody said enough is enough and that's when it got revealed.
When an adult male dentist is doing this "deep sedation" on teenagers, he needs to know that he can't get away with stuff like this. If he can then that's fucked up.

2seaoat

Where do you get no evidence or weak evidence? They have eye witness testimony from his own staff and partner. Are you kidding me? I can't believe you said that.

You can't believe I said that.....what's new........I simply do not have all the evidence to agree that this case can be prosecuted. All that I read was allegations from multiple witnesses that the dentist rubbed against his patients when they were under.......how one determines contact was sexual in nature would require hearing all the witnesses and the Dentist's explanation for what was seen. Also, were there two independent witnesses at one time viewing his conduct with a patient, or were there simply one witness for different patients.......I simply need more evidence than what I read, and apparently some people have read more evidence which I did not read.......if he used his hand to fondle a breast and more than one witness saw this.....then a grand jury will indict......rubbing up against a patient where you are working on their mouth....my dentist does it every time.

You have every right to use the work "gook" In fact it is a pretty interesting word. Folk etymology suggests that during the Korean War, young Korean children would point at U.S. soldiers and shout "미국" (Miguk), the Korean word for "America". Soldiers heard the word as "me gook", as if the children were defining themselves as "gooks". The soldiers proceeded to use that term to refer to the Koreans. The word 국 (國, guk) itself simply means "country". This explanation ignores the fact that there are many examples of the word's use that pre-date the Korean War.

Be that what it may, I can not in good faith participate in dialogue where the word is used. I have many close Asian friends. Many have helped me when times were bad, Some have really pissed me off and I dont like them. "Gook" is a very personal word for them. I dont use it and I ask others not to use it out of respect for those who have helped me in my journey of life.
Thats it. No big psychological discourse on the evil of language.
I just ask people not to use the word around me. Granted it is a personal thing but it is one I take very serious. All is good. Thanks

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I agree with you to this extent. We don't have enough information about this yet to come to a conclusion.
BUT that not only means we don't have enough info to conclude he's guilty of anything, it ALSO means we don't have enough info to conclude he shouldn't be prosecuted either.
Can be agree to that?

2seaoat wrote:Where do you get no evidence or weak evidence? They have eye witness testimony from his own staff and partner. Are you kidding me? I can't believe you said that.

You can't believe I said that.....what's new........I simply do not have all the evidence to agree that this case can be prosecuted. All that I read was allegations from multiple witnesses that the dentist rubbed against his patients when they were under.......how one determines contact was sexual in nature would require hearing all the witnesses and the Dentist's explanation for what was seen. Also, were there two independent witnesses at one time viewing his conduct with a patient, or were there simply one witness for different patients.......I simply need more evidence than what I read, and apparently some people have read more evidence which I did not read.......if he used his hand to fondle a breast and more than one witness saw this.....then a grand jury will indict......rubbing up against a patient where you are working on their mouth....my dentist does it every time.

I think I would find another dentist. My dentist positions me in the chair and seats herself in her chair where only her hands touch me and they only touch my mouth and nothing else. There is absolutely no reason a dentist would need to rub his/her body against their patient.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

hallmarkgrad2 wrote:You have every right to use the work "gook" In fact it is a pretty interesting word. Folk etymology suggests that during the Korean War, young Korean children would point at U.S. soldiers and shout "미국" (Miguk), the Korean word for "America". Soldiers heard the word as "me gook", as if the children were defining themselves as "gooks". The soldiers proceeded to use that term to refer to the Koreans. The word 국 (國, guk) itself simply means "country". This explanation ignores the fact that there are many examples of the word's use that pre-date the Korean War.

Be that what it may, I can not in good faith participate in dialogue where the word is used. I have many close Asian friends. Many have helped me when times were bad, Some have really pissed me off and I dont like them. "Gook" is a very personal word for them. I dont use it and I ask others not to use it out of respect for those who have helped me in my journey of life.
Thats it. No big psychological discourse on the evil of language.
I just ask people not to use the word around me. Granted it is a personal thing but it is one I take very serious. All is good. Thanks

After you objected I kinda figured it was for that reason. And you got to me realizing that if a Vietnamese had read my post, and he hadn't read enough of what I write to understand the intent, he would of course take it as me being just another bigot using the word as a slur.
So that's why I decided to do what you're asking.

Since I myself am bisexual that gives me the right to use the word "queer". But since I'm not Vietnamese I don't really have the right to use the word "gook".

And yes if other queers see me use the word queer and they don't know the intent either, they also will think I'm just another redneck bigot who don't tolerate queers. But they're just gonna have to read enough of what I write to learn different and if they don't that's their problem.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

There's a lengthy Howard Stern interview of Greg Allman.
Allman contracted Hepatitis which resulted in him having to have a liver transplant. And he's fully convinced that the Hepatitis came from getting tattoed.

It's not only disfigurement, it's masochism.

2seaoat

it ALSO means we don't have enough info to conclude he shouldn't be prosecuted either.
Can be agree to that?

A prosecutor can get a grand jury to indict a ham sandwich.....so why would I disagree with you. I am simply saying that everybody jumping up and saying what a slam dunk this will be.......either they are seeing some accounts in the paper that I have not read, or they have other sources of information.......I have not seen anything which is a slam dunk. In an Administrative hearing the burden is not clear and convincing evidence.....only a preponderance of the evidence so the state will wait and watch.........

2seaoat

STATE OF FLORIDA
DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH
DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH,
PETITIONER,
v.
CASE NO. 2013-03889
DAVID T. TURBYFILL, D. M. D.,
RESPONDENT.
ADMINISTRATIVE COMPLAINT
Petitioner, Department of Health, by and through undersigned
counsel, files this Administrative Complaint before the Board of Dentistry
against Respondent, David T. Turbyfill, D.M.D., and in support thereof
alleges:
Petitioner is the state department charged with regulating the
practice of dentistry pursuant to Section 20.43, Florida Statutes (2012);
Chapter 456, Florida Statutes (2012); and Chapter 466, Florida Statutes
(2012).
At all times material to this Complaint, Respondent was licensed to
practice as a dentist in the State of Florida, having been issued license
number DN 13469.
At all times material to this order, Respondent was employed by
Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Associates ("Surgery Associates") at 4850
North Ninth Avenue, Suite 4, Pensacola, Florida, 32503.
On or about November 16, 2012, Respondent performed surgery
on a minor female patient at Surgery Associates. In preparation for the
surgery, the patient was anesthetically sedated.
Following the operation, Surgery Associates staff members
observed Respondent standing close to and/or touching the sedated
patient and also noted that Respondent was sexually aroused. Upon
noticing another staff member in the room, Respondent covered his genital
region with an item and left the room.
On or about November 28, 2012, Respondent performed surgery
on a female patient at Surgery Associates. In preparation for the surgery,
the patient was anesthetically sedated.
patient and further observed Respondent moving his hips and/or pelvic
region.
On or about February 20, 2013, Respondent performed surgery on a
minor female patient at Surgery Associates. This was the same patient
who was involved in the incident on or about November 16, 2012. In
preparation for the surgery, the patient was anesthetically sedated.
patient and also noted that Respondent was sexually aroused. Staff
members observed respondent moving his hips and/or pelvic region. Upon
noticing another staff member in the room, Respondent covered his genital
region with an item and left the room.
Later in the day, Respondent performed surgery on a different
minor female patient at Surgery Associates. In preparation for the surgery,
the patient was anesthetically sedated.
observed Respondent uncovering the sedated patient's arm from a post-
operative blanket, and placing the arm on the armrest of the operation
chair. Staff members observed Respondent standing close to and/or
touching the sedated patient and also noted that Respondent was sexually
aroused. Upon noticing staff members' presence, Respondent moved away
from the sedated patient.
Section 466.028(1)(mm), Florida Statutes (2012), subjects a
dentist to discipline for violating any provision of Chapter 466 or 456 or any
rules adopted pursuant thereto.
Section 466.027, Florida Statutes (2012), prohibits sexual
misconduct by a dentist, and defines sexual misconduct in the practice of
dentistry as the
violation of the dentist-patient relationship through
which the dentist uses said relationship to induce or
attempt to induce the patient to engage, or to
engage or attempt to engage the patient, in sexual
activity outside the scope of the practice or the
scope of generally accepted examination or
treatment of the patient.
Respondent engaged in sexual activity with three of his patients,
in violation of Section 466.027, Florida Statutes (2012), in one or more of
the following manners:
a. Using the dentist-patient relationship to induce or attempt to
induce the patient to engage in sexual activity outside the
scope of the practice; and/or
b. Using the dentist-patient relationship to engage or attempt to
engage the patient in sexual activity outside the scope of
practice.
15. Respondent violated Section 466.028(1)(mm), Florida Statutes
(2012) by violating Section 466.027, Florida Statutes (2012).
WHEREFORE, Petitioner respectfully requests that the Board of
Dentistry enter an order imposing one or more of the following penalties:
permanent revocation or suspension of Respondent's license, restriction of
practice, imposition of an administrative fine, issuance of a reprimand,
placement of Respondent on probation, corrective action, refund of fees
billed or collected, remedial education and/or any other relief that the
Board deems appropriate.
SIGNED this
day of
Apr i 1
FILED
DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH
DEPUTY CLERK
CLERK
Angel-Sanders
DATE
APR
2 2
John H. Armstrong, MD, FACS
State Surgeon General and
Secretary of Health
I.G.- Ce,.1
R. Shaffer Claridge, Esq.
Florida Bar No. 0095549
Assistant General Counsel
Prosecution Services Unit
4052 Bald Cypress Way, Bin C-65
Tallahassee, Florida 32399-3265
(P) 850/245-4444, extension 8166
(F) 850/245-4662
(E) shaffer_claridge@doh.state.fLus
PCP: 4/19/13
PCP Members: Dr. Thomas, Dr. Melzer & Dr. Levsky

There is going to have to be much more evidence presented than this if there is going to be a criminal conviction......much more.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

One observation from reading that, seaoat. It would be one thing if it was one staff member making the accusation. You could speculate that one disgruntled staff member might have an alterior motive. But it's more damning when the staff who witnessed this is always referred to in the plural.

2seaoat

Is there a law against being sexually aroused. Where does it state anywhere in the administrative complaint that the touching was sexual in nature. There was a period in my life that I had little or no control over when little seaoat decided to get aroused......I did not have to be doing anything sexual.....there were times that I did not even have a sexual thought. Is it a crime in the state of Florida to have an erection?

Now I have had the Dentists pelvic area make contact with my leg during a filling just a year ago. If he got an erection while filling my tooth and having his pelvic area touch my leg......was he guilty of a crime? I have never taken Viagra, but I hear the commercials about four hour erections. What if the Doc is going to testify that he has been having a nooner with his wife and he has been taking viagra.........I just need more evidence than what I have seen here.......and with everybody saying this is a crime.....you could sure help me by telling me how you think he should be charged.....sexual battery? Very....very....very tough burden for the prosecutors with just the facts in this administrative complaint......there may be more detailed reports from a witness, but I would think if the touching part was more explicit.....it would have been in the complaint.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Who has said this is a "slam dunk"? I think most people are just disgusted by it...and over-anesthesizing a patient so you can do whatever the hell it was he was doing...I'm sorry, but sicko. I have already stated that my daughter was approached by a woman fronting for that dentist who was arrested in 2007. She actually went to his office, where the details were spelled out for her, and she declined and left. I'm just sorry I wasn't there, because that dentist and his stupid girlfriend would have been picking themselves up off the floor while I called the police...and no, I'm not exaggerating.

As for public erections, most men know how to behave themselves...some don't. The DA will have to decide whether the evidence is strong enough to return an indictment. But, because of the alleged extra sedation and the ages of the alleged victims, it's just not looking good for this guy.

2seaoat wrote:Is there a law against being sexually aroused. Where does it state anywhere in the administrative complaint that the touching was sexual in nature. There was a period in my life that I had little or no control over when little seaoat decided to get aroused......I did not have to be doing anything sexual.....there were times that I did not even have a sexual thought. Is it a crime in the state of Florida to have an erection?

Now I have had the Dentists pelvic area make contact with my leg during a filling just a year ago. If he got an erection while filling my tooth and having his pelvic area touch my leg......was he guilty of a crime? I have never taken Viagra, but I hear the commercials about four hour erections. What if the Doc is going to testify that he has been having a nooner with his wife and he has been taking viagra.........I just need more evidence than what I have seen here.......and with everybody saying this is a crime.....you could sure help me by telling me how you think he should be charged.....sexual battery? Very....very....very tough burden for the prosecutors with just the facts in this administrative complaint......there may be more detailed reports from a witness, but I would think if the touching part was more explicit.....it would have been in the complaint.

I am not going to pass judgement on his because we do not know the whole story. However I will not judge any motives of why the witnesses would lie.

Sexual battery would not be hard to prosecute with eye witness testimony. The board must find that the findings are legitimate since he can no longer perform surgery on minors and is no longer able to place a patient under anesthesia. Some of his assistance even stated that he used more anesthesia than what was required. Some state that it took longer for certain patients to come out from under the anesthesia. Again I am not judging him, I am just relating to what witnesses have told. If the witnesses statements are prove to be true then he is in some pretty big trouble.

2seaoat

If the witnesses statements are prove to be true then he is in some pretty big trouble.

I need more than I have been shown, or actual witness statements.........the pretty big trouble part depends on the facts, but I am simply asking for more.....going fishing for awhile.

2seaoat wrote: If the witnesses statements are prove to be true then he is in some pretty big trouble.

I need more than I have been shown, or actual witness statements.........the pretty big trouble part depends on the facts, but I am simply asking for more.....going fishing for awhile.

People have been convicted of far less. Single eyewitnesses have convicted many of sexual battery/rape and here you have 4 eyewitnesses with one being an esteemed doctor.

Bob wrote:There's a lengthy Howard Stern interview of Greg Allman.
Allman contracted Hepatitis which resulted in him having to have a liver transplant. And he's fully convinced that the Hepatitis came from getting tattoed.

It's not only disfigurement, it's masochism.

Allman got it from his drug use, no doubt.

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum