Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Repug Congressman blames abortion for school shootings LOL!

3 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Nekochan wrote:Bob, I don't think he meant that abortion directly leads to school shootings. I think he was talking in general about the cultural decline in America. That's my take on his speech, anyway. He said it poorly.

“Forty years ago, the United States Supreme Court sanctioned
abortion on demand. And we wonder why our culture sees school shootings
so often.”

One has not one thing to do with the other.
I approve of the Supreme Court decision.
I in no way, shape or form will ever approve of shooting children in a school.This putz is a Christian zealot. I guarantee you if I got in his face and said this to him he would object to it just as much as I object to his bullshit..

"Ever since Almighty God killed the first-born children of all the Egyptians to punish their parents, is it any wonder why our culture sees school shootings so often"

Nekochan

Nekochan

Bob wrote:
Nekochan wrote:Bob, I don't think he meant that abortion directly leads to school shootings. I think he was talking in general about the cultural decline in America. That's my take on his speech, anyway. He said it poorly.

so often.”

One has not one thing to do with the other.
I approve of the Supreme Court decision.
I in no way, shape or form will ever approve of shooting children in a school.This putz is a Christian zealot. I guarantee you if I got in his face and said this to him he would object to it just as much as I object to his bullshit..

"Ever since Almighty God killed the first-born children of all the Egyptians to punish their parents, is it any wonder why our culture sees school shootings so often"

Well Bob--if you approve of the Supreme Court decision then he certainly was not talking to you. You have to understand that people who believe that life begins at conception consider abortion to be murder. Just because you don't believe this doesn't mean that only wackos believe it.

Nekochan

Nekochan

It's a Catholic University. Do you think Catholics who follow their church doctrine are all wackos?

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Nekochan wrote:

Well Bob--if you approve of the Supreme Court decision then he certainly was not talking to you. You have to understand that people who believe that life begins at conception consider abortion to be murder. Just because you don't believe this doesn't mean that only wackos believe it.

Okay, let's start this all over from scratch again.
First I will repeat what I have already written to this thread...

"People can and will differ about when a fetus becomes a human life with
all the rights of a human being. That issue will never be resolved."

By writing that I already acknowledged that mine is not the only valid opinion about abortion.

Secondly, when someone is giving a commencement address, he IS NOT speaking only to people who are opposed to abortion. He IS speaking to everyone in the audience.

Thirdly, none of that has anything to do with the issue at hand. The issue at hand is what he said that I now have quoted twice. I'm not going to bother to copy and paste it again. He made a very clear connection between legalizing abortion and school shootings. And what I am telling you is that is an ignorant and thoughtless thing to say. It doesn't matter if you're saying it to pro-lifers or pro-choicers. It doesn't matter if you think abortion is murder. It doesn't matter if you think abortion is the worst crime in human history. THERE IS NO ASSOCIATION BETWEEN LEGALIZING ABORTION AND SCHOOL SHOOTINGS. NONE. NADA. ZIP. PERIOD.

Nekochan wrote:It's a Catholic University. Do you think Catholics who follow their church doctrine are all wackos?

I do. I know they are. I used to be a catholic.

Nekochan

Nekochan

Bob wrote:
Nekochan wrote:

Okay, let's start this all over from scratch again.
First I will repeat what I have already written to this thread...

"People can and will differ about when a fetus becomes a human life with
all the rights of a human being. That issue will never be resolved."

By writing that I already acknowledged that mine is not the only valid opinion about abortion.

Secondly, when someone is giving a commencement address, he IS NOT speaking only to people who are opposed to abortion. He IS speaking to everyone in the audience.

Thirdly, none of that has anything to do with the issue at hand. The issue at hand is what he said that I now have quoted twice. I'm not going to bother to copy and paste it again. He made a very clear connection between legalizing abortion and school shootings. And what I am telling you is that is an ignorant and thoughtless thing to say. It doesn't matter if you're saying it to pro-lifers or pro-choicers. It doesn't matter if you think abortion is murder. It doesn't matter if you think abortion is the worst crime in human history. THERE IS NO ASSOCIATION BETWEEN LEGALIZING ABORTION AND SCHOOL SHOOTINGS. NONE. NADA. ZIP. PERIOD.

His audience are the graduates and people attending the graduation of a Catholic college. Do you expect him to ignore the venue?

I don't think you heard what I heard him say. I think you and I are hearing different things. I think you and I are starting from different points and different understandings.

I don't think you're a wacko for what you posted above. I don't think he's a wacko for what he said. I guess I'll just leave it at that.

Last edited by Nekochan on 5/16/2013, 10:11 pm; edited 1 time in total

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

No not all catholics are wackos. Two of my good friends are catholics and they are not wackos. And one is "pro-life" and he's not a wacko.

That has no bearing on what this idiot said.

Nekochan

Nekochan

Bob wrote:No not all catholics are wackos. Two of my good friends are catholics and they are not wackos. And one is "pro-life" and he's not a wacko.

I would be curious...if you showed this entire video to your pro-life Catholic friend and see what he/she says.

And I mean the entire video.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Nekochan wrote:

His audience is the graduates and people attending the graduation of a Catholic college. Do you expect him to ignore the venue?

I don't think you heard what I heard him say. I think you and I are hearing different things. I think you and I are starting from different points and different understandings.

Think about what you're saying. If we follow your logic, then if I give a commencement address to a secular college like UWF, then it would be incumbent on me to say "Since they used to have prayer in schools, is it any wonder that we have school shootings?"
And it would be just as ignorant and just as wacko for me to say that.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Nekochan wrote:
Bob wrote:No not all catholics are wackos. Two of my good friends are catholics and they are not wackos. And one is "pro-life" and he's not a wacko.

I would be curious...if you showed this entire video to your pro-life Catholic friend and see what he/she says.

And I mean the entire video.

He knows me well. And he knows I'm not religious. And he knows I'm not anti-abortion. I promise you and you can take this to the bank that he would NEVER EVER make any connection that permitting abortion leads to school shootings. He's a lot smarter than this congressman ever thought about being.

Nekochan

Nekochan

Bob, like I said, you and I are starting from a different point and a different understanding. School prayer isn't the same as murder, not to atheists and not to believers. No one thinks that school prayer=murder. I am failing to communicate with you what I think he was getting at. My communication on the matter is obviously poor and the speaker's speech was poor. And that doesn't help.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Nekochan wrote:Bob, like I said, you and I are starting from a different point and a different understanding. School prayer isn't the same as murder. No one thinks that school prayer=murder.

Then let me change the wording...

"Since abortion used to be illegal, is it any wonder that we have school shootings".

No this is not a matter of mis-communication or words taken out of context or different viewpoints or different understandings or anything other than he made a stupid connection between two totally unrelated things. Nothing more.

Last edited by Bob on 5/16/2013, 10:24 pm; edited 1 time in total

Nekochan

Nekochan

Bob wrote:
Nekochan wrote:Bob, like I said, you and I are starting from a different point and a different understanding. School prayer isn't the same as murder. No one thinks that school prayer=murder.

Then let me change the wording...

"Since abortion used to be illegal, is it any wonder that we have school shootings".

No this is not a matter of mis-communication or words taken out of context or anything other than he made a stupid connection between two totally unrelated things. Nothing more.

Bob, how does abortion being illegal = abortion being legal? I really don't understand what you're saying.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Nekochan wrote:

Bob, how does abortion being illegal = abortion being legal?

I have no idea how abortion being illegal equals abortion being legal. You'll have to ask whoever it was who said that. Why are you asking me?

Nekochan

Nekochan

Bob wrote:
Nekochan wrote:

Bob, how does abortion being illegal = abortion being legal?

I have no idea how abortion being illegal equals abortion being legal. You'll have to ask whoever it was who said that. Why are you asking me?

You changed the context from legal abortion and school shootings to illegal abortion and school shootings. For someone who believes that life begins at conception, how do you think legal abortion and illegal abortion are interchangeable in that sentence?

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Let's try this again.

Firstly this is what the kook said...

so often.”

and you said he had to say that because he's speaking to a Catholic college audience.

So if we follow your logic, and I'm speaking to a secular college, then I suppose you would expect me to say this...

“Fifty years ago, abortion was illegal. And we wonder why our culture sees school shootings so often".

Do you still not understand why either statement is equally stupid?

Nekochan

Nekochan

LOL, Bob....you and I are on different wavelengths tonight. Maybe it's me. I have a lot on my mind lately. Anyway, I enjoyed the discussion with you, nonetheless...and you didn't even call me any names.

Nekochan

Nekochan

Bob wrote:Let's try this again.

Firstly this is what the kook said...

so often.”

and you said he had to say that because he's speaking to a Catholic college audience.

So if we follow your logic, and I'm speaking to a secular college, then I suppose you would expect me to say this...

“Fifty years ago, abortion was illegal. And we wonder why our culture sees school shootings so often".

Do you still not understand why either statement is equally stupid?

No, no...I didn't say that he had to say it. I said that you have to consider the venue. But he damn sure wasn't going to endorse gay marriage on that stage.

No, I don't see the connection someone would make in saying that an era of illegal abortion has a culture that is in common with school shootings.

Last edited by Nekochan on 5/16/2013, 10:38 pm; edited 1 time in total

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I give up. After participating in this discussion all I can say is we're in a lot worse trouble in this country than I even thought.

Nekochan

Nekochan

Bob wrote:I give up. After participating in this discussion all I can say is we're in a lot worse trouble in this country than I even thought.

Tomorrow, you will post something that I will totally "get". lol.

Y'all need to help me here... cause I don't have some of the religious leanings others do. I went to baptist churches (as an adult) and even catholic churches (as a kid... my mom got into it) for a few years at a time. I've read the bible... but I can't reconcile a simple fact:

What exactly is the difference between ending a life prior to birth and accepting that bad life decisions kill a person?

That seems to be a divide between the two parties... one wants to give rights before birth... and the other wants to go to extraordinary measures to prolong life after it's usefulness. I can't help thinking that y'all are getting played against each other.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

PkrBum wrote:Y'all need to help me here...

While they're helping you out I would like to get some help on something too.

How can a Christian be so upset with aborting a fetus, when the very God he worships killed all the first born children of an entire society to punish the misdeeds of their parents? And I'm not talking about fetuses. I'm talking about ALL the first-born children regardless of how long they'd been out of the womb. Not to mention he killed all the first-born offspring of all living creatures as well as the humans. All to punish the people who were guilty who he let live.
Why would any Christian believe that this same God would give a crap about abortion?

Nekochan

Nekochan

Pkr, I am not sure what you mean with the second part of your statement about extending life beyond its usefulness...you are saying that liberals want to do this?

Bob it's a good question. We need a preacher on here.

Bob wrote:
PkrBum wrote:Y'all need to help me here...

While they're helping you out I would like to get some help on something too.

How can a Christian be so upset with aborting a fetus, when the very God he worships killed all the first born children of an entire society to punish the misdeeds of their parents? And I'm not talking about fetuses. I'm talking about ALL the first-born children regardless of how long they'd been out of the womb. Not to mention he killed all the first-born offspring of all living creatures as well as the humans. All to punish the people who were guilty who he let live.
Why would any Christian believe that this same God would give a crap about abortion?

In the same vein... why are we responsible for extending/supporting the useless? I don't mind helping the truly needy... but why support the inept? Bad ideas fail... right? If we are talking sensibilities here... lets get down to the brass tacks. If you want to live off the kindness of others... you don't do it through the force of the federal government of the united states of america. That isn't charity.

Nekochan wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:
Nekochan wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:
Nekochan wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:
Nekochan wrote:I watched the video. He was speaking about the decline of American culture over the last few decades.

I don't think his speech was that good, especially for a college commencement, but I don't think it was wacky. Commencement speeches should be uplifting while challenging the grads to go out and be productive members and leaders in society.

Cramer adds: “Forty years ago, the United States Supreme Court sanctioned abortion on demand. And we wonder why our culture sees school shootings so often.”

Really?

I watched the entire video. He's talking about the culture of not putting a high value on life. He sees no difference in aborting unborn babies than he does in killing school children. I get what he's saying even though he didn't say it well. You could argue that it's a huge leap from abortion to school killings but people who think that life starts at conception do not see a difference. I do not think it's wacky to believe that life starts at conception.

People have a lot of false beliefs.

What is false to you is true to someone else. What's true to you is false to someone else. That doesn't necessarily make it wacky.

It does to me and what counts to me is my opinion. I don't care about other peoples.

Then why do you post on a forum?

Why do I post on a forum? It's not to get other people's opinions, if that's what you're getting at.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum