Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Hagel refuses to divulge foreign investments/affiliations

+3
ZVUGKTUBM
Sal
Nekochan
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Sal

Sal

Nekochan wrote:Of course, all y'all can do is respond with name-calling. Rolling Eyes

Once again, from the link I posted--he hasn't released ANY financial disclosures. If this is true, then he is not doing what every other civil servant with a clearance is required to do.

The link you posted was from 01/24.

He released his personal financial information before the confirmation hearing.

At this point, I'll refrain from using a term to accurately describe you.

Rolling Eyes

Last edited by Sal on 2/7/2013, 5:18 pm; edited 1 time in total

Nekochan wrote:There are MANY things considered when approving someone in such a position. It is not for me to decide.

True that.

I also am pretty sure there will be mini things considered.

It's down to the quibblin' so confirmation should be along any day now.

Nekochan

Nekochan

Sal wrote:
Nekochan wrote:Of course, all y'all can do is respond with name-calling. Rolling Eyes

Once again, from the link I posted--he hasn't released ANY financial disclosures. If this is true, then he is not doing what every other civil servant with a clearance is required to do.

At this point, I'll refrain from using a term to accurately describe you.

Rolling Eyes

Great to hear. I will also refrain from using a term to accurately describe someone who lists as a reliable source a link which includes the words "chuck-hagel-witch-hunt".

Wink

boards of FL

boards of FL

Sal wrote:At this point, I'll refrain from using a term to accurately describe you.

lol

Nekochan

Nekochan

boards of FL wrote:
Sal wrote:At this point, I'll refrain from using a term to accurately describe you.

lol

Isn't it nice to refrain from name calling? You should give it a try.

Sal

Sal

Levin says he's moving forward.

Just provided enough accommodation for the Repukes to illustrate yet once again just what lunatics they are ...

Senate Armed Services Committee Chairman Carl Levin (D-Mich.) said the demands for information Republicans are making of former Sen. Chuck Hagel (R-Neb.) were unprecedented for a Defense nominee.

Levin said Thursday that a committee vote on Hagel would proceed “as soon as possible,” and that the request for financial information from groups Hagel is affiliated with would not slow the process.

The requests are “things no prior candidate has ever been asked for, way beyond what the rules of the committee are,” Levin told reporters. “He has provided all of the financial information that was required.”

Twenty-five Republicans, including Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.), sent Hagel a letter Tuesday saying they were opposed to a vote on his confirmation as Defense secretary until he provided additional financial information.

The Republicans want to know whether the organizations with which Hagel is affiliated, such as the Atlantic Council, received foreign funding over the past decade.

Levin said he would respond to Republican senators with a letter of his own in the next few days before planning a vote.

“When we have responded to the letter we are then going to take it from there, and have a vote as soon as possible,” Levin said. “I’m first going to respond to the letter, lay out the rules of the committee, what we’ve required of nominees and how far beyond — way beyond — what’s been required of nominees [this is].

“We’re going to continue to apply standards that this committee has used over decades,” Levin said.

Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) said that without the information from Hagel, he would have “a hard time” proceeding forward with the confirmation.

“Sen. Levin can say that some of this is out of bounds, and he may be right, some of this may be unprecedented. But this is a sort of an unprecedented nominee,” Graham said.

Asked why this information was being asked of Hagel and not prior nominees, Graham said: “I don’t think we’ve had previous nominees with this sort of, kind of, hostile attitude toward a friend like Israel.

“I think what we’re all looking for is, did Sen. Hagel get on the speaking circuit to [speak to] anti-Israeli groups?” Graham said. “What kind of things did he say about Israel and other potential allies?”

http://thehill.com/blogs/defcon-hill/policy-and-strategy/281759-levin-gop-demands-of-hagel-unprecedented#ixzz2KFRlkQEn

Floridatexan wrote:
The really sad part of all this hoopla is that Hagel's a REPUBLICAN.

Doesn't make him acceptable though...

Sal wrote:

Rolling Eyes
That isn't what the confirmation hearing asked. Quit with the deflect and spin.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

I can see from the article Sal posted that Senator Lindsey Graham (R-SC) has his nose up Benjamin Netanyahu's butt, taking a big sniff. AIPAC must be shitting its pants over the Hagel nomination. All the more reason to nominate him!

Lindsey Graham is also a Colonel in the USAF Reserve. I wonder if he ever deployed to Iraq or Afghanistan to fight for his country? Likely not......

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Sal

Sal

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:
I wonder if he ever deployed to Iraq or Afghanistan to fight for his country? Likely not......[/color]

Don't ask, don't tell.

Floridatexan wrote:

Ha,ha,ha! A republican and he's dissing his own kind! Now that's funny.What an idiot!

knothead

knothead

This has gotten beyond ridiculous . . . . . . Hagel is a shoe in . . . . .

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:I can see from the article Sal posted that Senator Lindsey Graham (R-SC) has his nose up Benjamin Netanyahu's butt, taking a big sniff. AIPAC must be shitting its pants over the Hagel nomination. All the more reason to nominate him!

Lindsey Graham is also a Colonel in the USAF Reserve. I wonder if he ever deployed to Iraq or Afghanistan to fight for his country? Likely not......
Don't hate. You never served in a war zone ever. Neither has Graham, but you bringing it up like it is some sort of benchmark of manhood when you've never done it yourself is laughable. Pathetic.

Markle

Markle

Dreamsglore wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:

Ha,ha,ha! A republican and he's dissing his own kind! Now that's funny.What an idiot!

Yes, please laugh. This is because Conservatives and Republicans are honest and not like whose allegiance and loyalty belongs to whoever wears the same color cap or handshake.

It is tragic and sad that Progressives and Democrats cannot find it in themselves to show the same character. If they could, how could they honestly defend what is being done to our country by President Barack Hussein Obama.

Sal

Sal

Markle wrote:This is because Conservatives and Republicans are honest and not like whose allegiance and loyalty belongs to whoever wears the same color cap or handshake.

Hagel refuses to divulge foreign investments/affiliations - Page 2 68134912

That's the funniest thing I've ever read on this forum, especially coming from you.

Thanks for the morning lulz.

Withdrawing
http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/hagel-withdraw_700456.html

Sucks for Sal

Sal

Sal

PACEDOG#1 wrote:Withdrawing

Sucks for Sal

You were saying?

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Sal wrote:

Sucks for Sal

You were saying?

And what does Homer have to say?

Hagel refuses to divulge foreign investments/affiliations - Page 2 Images10

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Sal wrote:

Sucks for Sal

You were saying?

The broken weather vane says squeek, squeek, squeek. LOL

With Hagel's credentials, even WTM could hold the position.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum