Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Hagel refuses to divulge foreign investments/affiliations

+3
ZVUGKTUBM
Sal
Nekochan
7 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/hagel-refuses-detail-foreign-funders_700336.html
Hmmm. He wants to be SECDEF which means he will be looking at TS/SCI material almost daily, yet he doesn't want to make know the aforementioned info?
He's done. Everyone else that has the clearance listed above has to note all this on their clearance paperwork. If Chuck can't do this, and now coupled with the sexual harassment investigation questions (how he handled an incident), he needs to hit the road.

PACEDOG#1 wrote:http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/hagel-refuses-detail-foreign-funders_700336.html
Hmmm. He wants to be SECDEF which means he will be looking at TS/SCI material almost daily, yet he doesn't want to make know the aforementioned info?
He's done. Everyone else that has the clearance listed above has to note all this on their clearance paperwork. If Chuck can't do this, and now coupled with the sexual harassment investigation questions (how he handled an incident), he needs to hit the road.

Hagel's nomination is becoming more and more of a train wreck....

Nekochan

Nekochan

If this is true....it's a big deal.
Even my husband has to fill out financial disclosure forms every year.

Sal

Sal

Nekochan wrote:If this is true....it's a big deal.

He's not refusing to disclose his financial information.

This last straw of desperation is an attempt to force him to disclose confidential business and membership info of various PRIVATE corporations and organizations.

Hagel doesn't possess, nor does he control any of this information.

It's an unprecedented and outrageous demand, and one to which Hagel couldn't comply if he wanted to.

Joseph McCarthy would be proud.

Nekochan

Nekochan

Sal wrote:

This last straw of desperation is an attempt to force him to disclose confidential business and membership info of various PRIVATE corporations and organizations.

It's an unprecedented and outrageous demand, and one to which Hagel couldn't comply if he wanted to.

According to this source, he has not YET released a financial disclosure.

http://washingtonexaminer.com/critics-chuck-hagel-hearing-should-wait-for-financial-disclosure/article/2519591

It's not surprising libertards ignore Hagels inability or reluctance to provide information about whether there may be the possibility of influence over him by foreign entities. I can understand (somewhat) how he may not have access to private entity financial data but he does appear to be stonewalling. Of course when it was financial data libertards wanted from Romney the hue and cry was different. Hypocrites.

Hagel refuses to divulge foreign investments/affiliations HYPOCRITE-86880500635_xlarge

Nekochan

Nekochan

nochain wrote:It's not surprising libertards ignore Hagels inability or reluctance to provide information about whether there may be the possibility of influence over him by foreign entities. I can understand (somewhat) how he may not have access to private entity financial data but he does appear to be stonewalling. Of course when it was financial data libertards wanted from Romney the hue and cry was different. Hypocrites.

Hagel refuses to divulge foreign investments/affiliations HYPOCRITE-86880500635_xlarge

So very true.

nochain wrote:It's not surprising libertards ignore Hagels inability or reluctance to provide information about whether there may be the possibility of influence over him by foreign entities. I can understand (somewhat) how he may not have access to private entity financial data but he does appear to be stonewalling. Of course when it was financial data libertards wanted from Romney the hue and cry was different. Hypocrites.

'Some' of the same that were demanding full disclosure from candidate(s) just a short time ago....

Sal

Sal

Idiots.

People were demanding to see Romney's personal tax information.

That information is readily available to him.

The Repukes on the committee are demanding to see financial information about donations, membership info, and business info of PRIVATE firms.

Information that Hagel does not possess and that is not his to disclose.

Cruz appears to be spearheading the opposition: the Washington Post's neoconservative blogger Jennifer RubinIn wrote that the Texas Republican "circulated" the latest combative letter to Hagel. Senate Republicans asked Hagel for information he's not in a position to release, to them or anyone else, including financial information about private companies he was affiliated with but does not control. After initially asking for the information—in addition the extensive disclosures already made as part of the confirmation process—in a letter dated Jan. 29, Hagel responded with what information he could in a Feb. 5 letter. He wrote to the Republicans that some of the requested materials were not in his possession and, furthermore, that he couldn't release much of it even if it was. That's because the Republicans' requests go far beyond the scope of Hagel's personal finances and records, varying between asking him for materials that don't exist or that would violate legal agreements to release. Today, 25 Senate Republicans responded to Hagel reiterating their asks.

Among the repeated requests were those about any "foreign funding" received by eight private firms with which Hagel's been associated since leaving the Senate, mostly his service on various boards. "I have been forthright in disclosing all required information about my personal interests and holdings," Hagel wrote in his Feb. 5 response. "Your request for financial information regarding certain private corporate and non-profit entities is, by contrast, not mine to provide." He went on to write, "I do not believe I have any of the information requested. More importantly, the information you see is legally controlled by the individual entities and not mine to disclose. As a board member, I have a fiduciary duty that includes the obligation to maintain the confidentiality of non-public corporate information. The information may also be subject to various other legal requirement or contractual arrangements that prohibit its disclosure."

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2013/02/06/the-chuck-hagel-witch-hunt.html

Sal wrote:

Hell dude....just look at who is pushing the issue on this thread. Always the same assholes.

Like vampires on a bloody baby, their MO is obvious.

He's got to get with the program or tell Obama that he is withdrawing his name. It's a requirement of the job. If he wants the job bad enough, he will follow through and if he just wants to go back to Nebraska and shuck corn, then so be it.
If he has foreign business ties, especially Chinese or Middle Eastern, he needs to fess up. Who can trust him if he won't open up some "sunshine" on his business affiliations?

Dick Cheney some how managed to dance his way through this. So did Romney, and a lot of your team.

Face it....you're just a right wingnut partisan jerkoff with a list of talking point grievances; 99% of them so petty it shows where the faux patriot crowd hang their hat.

Right above the outhouse well.

Sal

Sal

Hagel will be confirmed.

Levin is just giving the Repukes a little more rope.

Whataya think they'll do with it?

lol

Hang a fringe member of their group and call it even...?

Hagel refuses to divulge foreign investments/affiliations ThinkAboutItNextTime

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

PACEDOG#1 wrote:He's got to get with the program or tell Obama that he is withdrawing his name. It's a requirement of the job. If he wants the job bad enough, he will follow through and if he just wants to go back to Nebraska and shuck corn, then so be it.
If he has foreign business ties, especially Chinese or Middle Eastern, he needs to fess up. Who can trust him if he won't open up some "sunshine" on his business affiliations?

He won't be shucking corn, Dude. He is a self-made millionaire. He made his money early in the cell-phone/mobil communications business, before he entered politics.

I actualy look forward to Hagel's confirmation just so I can read threads here whining about it. It makes for a nice daily divergence.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Yep shucking corn after all he is a CONRHUSKER LOL

PACEDOG#1 wrote:Yep shucking corn after all he is a CONRHUSKER LOL

Dude...again with the spelling.

It kills your punch-line (coff, coff).

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Sore loser.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

PACEDOG#1 wrote:He's got to get with the program or tell Obama that he is withdrawing his name. It's a requirement of the job. If he wants the job bad enough, he will follow through and if he just wants to go back to Nebraska and shuck corn, then so be it.

Can you effin' READ?

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

The really sad part of all this hoopla is that Hagel's a REPUBLICAN.

Floridatexan wrote:

Sore loser.

Your typically idiotic and uninformed comment means less than nothing. As usual.

Floridatexan wrote:
The really sad part of all this hoopla is that Hagel's a REPUBLICAN.

If you have a point there it is well hidden. Go back to sleep or whatever it is you do - hang upside down perhaps?

Nekochan

Nekochan

Of course, all y'all can do is respond with name-calling. Rolling Eyes

Once again, from the link I posted--he hasn't released ANY financial disclosures. If this is true, then he is not doing what every other civil servant with a clearance is required to do.

Nekochan wrote:Of course, all y'all can do is respond with name-calling. Rolling Eyes

Once again, from the link I posted--he hasn't released ANY financial disclosures. If this is true, then he is not doing what every other civil servant with a clearance is required to do.

And if it's not true, should he be confirmed...?

Nekochan

Nekochan

There are MANY things considered when approving someone in such a position. It is not for me to decide.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum