Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Politifact's Lie of the Year: And the winner is...Mitt Romney for his "Jeeps made in China" comment

+3
Nekochan
othershoe1030
boards of FL
7 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

boards of FL

boards of FL

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/article/2012/dec/12/lie-year-2012-Romney-Jeeps-China/

"There he iiiiiiis......Mr. Liar of the yeeeeeeaarrr."

Politifact's Lie of the Year:  And the winner is...Mitt Romney for his "Jeeps made in China" comment Mittromney2

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

You can fool some of the people some of the time....

You can create your own reality too but then things like elections happen in the real world and reality strikes. Lovely. Thanks.

http://mobile.bloomberg.com/news/2012-10-21/fiat-says-china-may-build-all-jeep-models-as-suv-demand-climbs.html

I would have chosen the rose garden vague mention of general terrorism as an honest declaration of fact for benghazi...

But maybe its just a matter of taste.

Nekochan

Nekochan

Pkr's link....
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-10-21/fiat-says-china-may-build-all-jeep-models-as-suv-demand-climbs.html

Fiat SpA (F), majority owner of Chrysler Group LLC, plans to return Jeep output to China and may eventually make all of its models in that country, according to the head of both automakers’ operations in the region.
[b]Fiat is in “very detailed conversations” with its Chinese partner, Guangzhou Automobile Group Co. (2238), about making Jeeps in the world’s largest auto market, said Mike Manley, chief operating officer of Fiat and Chrysler in Asia. Chrysler hasn’t built Jeeps there since before Fiat took control in 2009.

“The volume opportunity for us is very significant,” Manley, who is also president of the Jeep brand, said in an interview at Chrysler’s Auburn Hills, Michigan, headquarters. “We’re reviewing the opportunities within existing capacity” as well as “should we be localizing the entire Jeep portfolio or some of the Jeep portfolio.”
Chrysler, which entered an alliance with Turin, Italy-based Fiat as part of its U.S. government-backed bankruptcy, is relying on growth in China to counter weakness in Europe’s auto market. The automaker is targeting 500,000 annual sales outside North America by 2014, more than triple its overseas deliveries in 2009.
Chrysler currently builds all Jeep SUV models at plants in Michigan, Illinois and Ohio. Manley referred to adding Jeep production sites rather than shifting output from North America to China.
Asia’s Strength
International sales for Chrysler climbed 22 percent to 153,154 this year through September, according to the company. The Jeep brand accounted for more than three of every four of those deliveries, with sales surging 54 percent to 117,189.
“We’ve grown much stronger in Asia to make up or compensate for some of the difficulties in Europe,” Manley said. Europe will be in “very difficult, tough times” through at least 2013, he said.
Boosted by strong demand for the Grand Cherokee and Compass sport-utility vehicles, Jeep sales in China have more than doubled to 33,463 this year through September. The brand topped total deliveries for all of 2011 by July of this year.
Chrysler’s 2014 international sales target is “certainly within reach,” Manley said. The European auto market is on track to plunge in 2012 by the most in 19 years, according to the European Automobile Manufacturers’ Association.
“Given what we see around the world, it is stretching for sure, but it’s not something we’ve given up on,” he said.
Fiat and Guangzhou’s plant in Changsha in central China has initial annual capacity of 140,000 cars and is capable of eventually assembling 500,000 vehicles per year. The automakers will add production of a new vehicle to the factory roughly every 12 months and began building the Fiat Viaggio compact there in June.
To contact the reporters on this story: Craig Trudell in Southfield, Michigan, at ctrudell1@bloomberg.net.

boards of FL

boards of FL

You guys should share this with the Jeep execs, as they are apparently in the dark along with Politifact.

Nekochan

Nekochan

boards of FL wrote:You guys should share this with the Jeep execs, as they are apparently in the dark along with Politifact.

It's straight from Bloomberg so take it up with them. From what this Bloomberg article says, Romney was not lying.

Last edited by Nekochan on 12/12/2012, 12:43 pm; edited 1 time in total

boards of FL

boards of FL

"I feel obliged to unambiguously restate our position: Jeep production will not be moved from the United States to China," Fiat-Chrysler CEO Sergio Marchionne wrote in a blog post on the company's website today. The statement comes as the Romney campaign doubled down on the claim, which fact-checkers have also deemed false, with a new radio ad in Ohio.

"In fact, U.S. production of our Jeep models has nearly tripled (it is expected to be up 185%) since 2009 in order to keep up with global demand," Marchionne wrote.

Nekochan

Nekochan

boards of FL wrote:"I feel obliged to unambiguously restate our position: Jeep production will not be moved from the United States to China," Fiat-Chrysler CEO Sergio Marchionne wrote in a blog post on the company's website today. The statement comes as the Romney campaign doubled down on the claim, which fact-checkers have also deemed false, with a new radio ad in Ohio.

"In fact, U.S. production of our Jeep models has nearly tripled (it is expected to be up 185%) since 2009 in order to keep up with global demand," Marchionne wrote.

From the article originally posted by Bloomberg, Romney was not lying.

If I remember correctly... China demands that at a certain level that production takes place inside of China.

Also a long range protection of growth and demand is logically going to take place in Asia. Why make them here?

Nekochan wrote:
boards of FL wrote:"

The hypocrisy of the liberal loons would be astounding if it weren't so commonplace. Romney stated something according to what was known at the time and was later found to be in error. So that makes him a "liar". Susan Rice and her mentor, BHO, expounded at great length on the cause of the Benghazi attack and were later found to be not just wrong, but suspected of outright lying since they had - or should have had since the agencies worked for BHO - correct intelligence information. But they are not considered "liars" by these same drone liberals. It was just a bump in the road. Hypocrites.

Politifact's Lie of the Year:  And the winner is...Mitt Romney for his "Jeeps made in China" comment Obamadescribesmiddleeastriotschrisstevensdeathasabumpintheroad

Nekochan

Nekochan

PkrBum wrote:If I remember correctly... China demands that at a certain level that production takes place inside of China.

Also a long range protection of growth and demand is logically going to take place in Asia. Why make them here?

True, it probably makes sense to make them in China if that's who's buying them. Buicks, made in China, are all over the Chinese highways.

Markle

Markle

Politifact is a fraud. They're owned by the far left Tampa Bay Times. Same editors, same writers all the same employees. All the same results.

Benghazi is a far, far bigger lie. We were told one thing and the truth keeps changing each and every day.

Fast and Furious would be another.

And all they have is a true story about Jeeps being built in China.

Nekochan

Nekochan

nochain wrote:
Nekochan wrote:
boards of FL wrote:"

The hypocrisy of the liberal loons would be astounding if it weren't so commonplace. Romney stated something according to what was known at the time and was later found to be in error. So that makes him a "liar". Susan Rice and her mentor, BHO, expounded at great length on the cause of the Benghazi attack and were later found to be not just wrong, but suspected of outright lying since they had - or should have had since the agencies worked for BHO - correct intelligence information. But they are not considered "liars" by these same drone liberals. It was just a bump in the road. Hypocrites.

Politifact's Lie of the Year:  And the winner is...Mitt Romney for his "Jeeps made in China" comment Obamadescribesmiddleeastriotschrisstevensdeathasabumpintheroad

But Obama never lies or misleads. Rolling Eyes

PkrBum wrote:If I remember correctly... China demands that at a certain level that production takes place inside of China.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Is it too much to ask that folk like you, who I usually respect, stop twisting this story....? Is it lost on you Obama haters/ Romney sycophants that Jeep will continue to make the AMERICAN VERSION HERE, while expanding their market overseas...?

THIS JUST IN....

Coca-Cola plans to move their bottling plants to Laos...American job losses will be staggering, and it's all OBAMA'S FAULT.

http://www.4-traders.com/THE-COCA-COLA-COMPANY-4819/news/Coca-Cola-to-Begin-Bottling-Operations-in-Laos-2014-15556746/

boards of FL

boards of FL

Nekochan wrote:
boards of FL wrote:"I feel obliged to unambiguously restate our position: Jeep production will not be moved from the United States to China," Fiat-Chrysler CEO Sergio Marchionne wrote in a blog post on the company's website today. The statement comes as the Romney campaign doubled down on the claim, which fact-checkers have also deemed false, with a new radio ad in Ohio.

Cover your ears, close your eyes, and repeat "I can't hear you! I can't hear you!"

boards of FL

boards of FL

Markle wrote:Politifact is a fraud. They're owned by the far left Tampa Bay Times. Same editors, same writers all the same employees. All the same results.

Benghazi is a far, far bigger lie. We were told one thing and the truth keeps changing each and every day.

Ah to be willfully ignorant and live in a divorced from reality world! In the republican world, Jeep production is being shipped to China, and Benghazi is some sort of clandestine cover up!

Markle wrote:Politifact is a fraud. They're owned by the far left Tampa Bay Times. Same editors, same writers all the same employees. All the same results.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Shut up howard. YOU are a fraud. You are totally owned by the far right wingnut neo-con segment of the GOP. Same BS....same methods...all the same lies and propaganda. All the same results.

You lost.

Your head is where original ideas go to die.

Nekochan wrote:
boards of FL wrote:You guys should share this with the Jeep execs, as they are apparently in the dark along with Politifact.

It's straight from Bloomberg so take it up with them. From what this Bloomberg article says, Romney was not lying.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

That really isn't an option, is it you sad little vacuous sore loser...?

All we can do on this forum is take it up with the moron who tries to place it in the area of truth and posts it as de facto carved in stone dogma.

W_T_M wrote:
Nekochan wrote:

All we can do on this forum is take it up with the moron who tries to place it in the area of truth and posts it as de facto carved in stone dogma.

^^^^
Internet bully above....

Nekochan

Nekochan

boards of FL wrote:
Nekochan wrote:

Cover your ears, close your eyes, and repeat "I can't hear you! I can't hear you!"

Yes, that's what you appear to be doing.

Nekochan

Nekochan

PACEDOG#1 wrote:
W_T_M wrote:
Nekochan wrote:

^^^^
Internet bully above....

Oh no..we have a stalker!!! Shocked

boards of FL

boards of FL

Nekochan wrote:Yes, that's what you appear to be doing.

So when Romney makes the broad claim that he did, and then the CEO of Fiat comes out and says that "I feel obliged to unambiguously restate our position: Jeep production will not be moved from the United States to China," and then Romney doubled down on the wild claim and continued to repeat it...what is that called? A proclamation of truth? Further, what are people doing who hold steadfast to the idea that Romney's claim is true?

Nekochan wrote:
PACEDOG#1 wrote:
W_T_M wrote:
Nekochan wrote:

^^^^
Internet bully above....

>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Yep. The pacepup declared that he is gonna stalk me around the forum and make that same silly post following my posts. That sounds like textbook cyber stalking, right guttersnipe...?

Nekochan

Nekochan

Boards...

The first two lines of Politifact:

It was a lie told in the critical state of Ohio in the final days of a close campaign -- that Jeep was moving its U.S. production to China. It originated with a conservative blogger, who twisted an accurate news story into a falsehood.

The first two lines of the Bloomberg report:

Fiat SpA (F), majority owner of Chrysler Group LLC, plans to return Jeep output to China and may eventually make all of its models in that country, according to the head of both automakers’ operations in the region.
Fiat is in “very detailed conversations” with its Chinese partner, Guangzhou Automobile Group Co. (2238), about making Jeeps in the world’s largest auto market, said Mike Manley, chief operating officer of Fiat and Chrysler in Asia.

Politifact was blatantly wrong in their first two lines, claiming that a true story was twisted. Yet, we're supposed to believe everything else in this "factcheck" that they claim? What is that called?
Do you turn to Fox News when you want accurate and fair reporting? If not, then why?

Nekochan

Nekochan

W_T_M wrote:
Nekochan wrote:
PACEDOG#1 wrote:
W_T_M wrote:
Nekochan wrote:

^^^^
Internet bully above....

>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Yep. The pacepup declared that he is gonna stalk me around the forum and make that same silly post following my posts. That sounds like textbook cyber stalking, right guttersnipe...?

Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum