Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Does anyone know the answer to this question about what obama/buffet/democrats are wanting to do about the capital gains tax rate?

+5
Sal
2seaoat
TEOTWAWKI
stormwatch89
Hospital Bob
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

2seaoat wrote:No calculations needed......did you pay tax on your 2012 income tax return?
I paid $1100 to uncle sam. And all I know is I wrote a check and gave it to my tax guy. I have no idea if it was capital gains or income tax or whatever it was. I remember every time he gives me my copy of the tax returns I try to read them and it's about ten times harder to understand than a pinball machine schematic so I don't even try.

2seaoat

I paid $1100 to uncle sam. And all I know is I wrote a check and gave it to my tax guy. I have no idea if it was capital gains or income tax or whatever it was. I remember every time he gives me my copy of the tax returns I try to read them and it's about ten times harder to understand than a pinball machine schematic so I don't even try.

So let us assume for argument sake that it was entirely due to current capital gains tax. Five percent would be an increase of your taxes would be $55.......or just about one admission to a Blue Wahoo game with six beers and a couple of hot dogs. So, you must now decide........was your vote for Romney the righteous decision.....or should you skip a blue wahoo game next year........the moral dilema.......the humanity........

Sal

Sal

Bob wrote:

If your income is as you describe it, and any significant portion of that check you wrote went to pay taxes on income derived from capital gains, the obvious conclusion is that you need a new tax guy.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Sal wrote:
If your income is as you describe it, and any significant portion of that check you wrote went to pay taxes on income derived from capital gains, the obvious conclusion is that you need a new tax guy.
Well I'm not positive about what the income amount was. That figure doesn't come from the tax return but from me figuring up what my income is as of today based on the investment income of today. It might have been higher for the 2011 tax year. I had some capital gains from stock sales on that last return.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Look at your tax return and particularly Schedule C...that's your income from the operation of your business. The only way I know to reduce that tax liability by deducting your business expenses, but I understand that you can also reduce your liability by filing quarterly. The reason, of course, is that, as an independent contractor, you've had zero withholding on your ordinary income throughout the year.

stormwatch89

stormwatch89

Bob wrote:We need margin call on this. None of us has enough cipherin ability to even understand all this complex bullshit.

Not so sure of that, Bob, MC is in a different field, although helpful, he's not in yours and my situation.

What we need to do now is look for every GD loophole while it exists. I've never been more intent on tax evasion as I am now.

When there's a question of sending money I've worked hard for to DC or to my Daughters? DUH!

There are still tactics available and I'm working on them now although I don't think your situation is the same as mine.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Floridatexan wrote:
Look at your tax return and particularly Schedule C...that's your income from the operation of your business. The only way I know to reduce that tax liability by deducting your business expenses, but I understand that you can also reduce your liability by filing quarterly. The reason, of course, is that, as an independent contractor, you've had zero withholding on your ordinary income throughout the year.
I stopped doing schedule C when I stopped doing business and retired about five years ago. But, like stormwatch, I'm now looking to take advantage of every GD deduction and loophole I can get so I may just start selling again on that account.

Last edited by Bob on 11/26/2012, 6:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

Bob wrote:There is now a groundswell of support for increasing the capital gains tax to 25% or even 30%.
BUT I cannot get the answer to this question. Are these obamas and buffets and democrats wanting to give EVERYONE the same increase? Even those like me who are living off a $19,000 annual income which about half comes from dividends (taxed as capital gains)?
They keep saying the ultra-rich are getting an unfair break on that 15% rate.
But it aint only the ultra-rich who are paying capital gains tax. A helluva lot of us ultra-not rich are paying that too. Do they want to double our taxes along with the ultra-rich or are they instead wanting their tax increase to only apply to those with a whole lots of capital gains?
Does anyone know?

bob, im not sure if anyone picked up on this. Your saying you receive about $10,000 a year through anuities. This leads me to know your investment is much much higher. Your a rich man bob.

oh but dont worry about it, you;ll find out the answer after the bill is passed,Just like I did Evil or Very Mad

I wish you the best of luck

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Human wrote:

bob, im not sure if anyone picked up on this. Your saying you receive about $10,000 a year through anuities. This leads me to know your investment is much much higher. Your a rich man bob.
What I consider "rich" is someone who can live off his nest egg for the rest of his retirement and doesn't have to put his assets at risk to get investment income. And that surely isn't me. If I did that I'd spend it down long before my expected lifespan.

stormwatch89

stormwatch89

Bob, we can only hope to die soon.

Nekochan

Nekochan

Bob wrote:There is now a groundswell of support for increasing the capital gains tax to 25% or even 30%.
BUT I cannot get the answer to this question. Are these obamas and buffets and democrats wanting to give EVERYONE the same increase? Even those like me who are living off a $19,000 annual income which about half comes from dividends (taxed as capital gains)?
They keep saying the ultra-rich are getting an unfair break on that 15% rate.
But it aint only the ultra-rich who are paying capital gains tax. A helluva lot of us ultra-not rich are paying that too. Do they want to double our taxes along with the ultra-rich or are they instead wanting their tax increase to only apply to those with a whole lots of capital gains?
Does anyone know?

I've been saying for months that it's not only "the rich" who pay capital gains taxes.

Ya'll should be glad then Obama was elected.You won't be losing your tax deductions.... but you voted for Romney.LOL!

2seaoat wrote:The 5% and 0% long-term capital gains rates will only apply when the total taxable income of the taxpayer(s), INCLUDING the capital gain income, does not exceed the maximum income to qualify for the 15% income tax bracket, with any gain exceeding that threshold taxed at 15%. For the year 2005, the maximum total taxable income to remain in the 15% tax bracket was $59,400 on a joint tax return, and $29,700 for single filers.

So Bob has been calling everybody names.......and he does not pay a dime of tax on his capital gains.......hmmmmmmm he should run for office.....that indignation.......false as it was..........very very convincing. No No No

That's why Bob's a goober.

gulfbeachbandit

gulfbeachbandit

Bob wrote:
2seaoat wrote:No calculations needed......did you pay tax on your 2012 income tax return?

Bob,

I pay more taxes in a month than you pay in a year. A lot more.

NaNook

NaNook

salinski wrote:
Bob wrote:

Bob,

Why not throw a forum party at Jacksons? You can write the expense off, right? You're rich, you know the rules....

BTW: Bob, look at the Nuveen CEFs........you should have kept PGX, 14+ a share + yield.

gulfbeachbandit

gulfbeachbandit

NaNook wrote:
salinski wrote:
Bob wrote:

Bob,

Why not throw a forum party at Jacksons? You can write the expense off, right? You're rich, you know the rules....

BTW: Bob, look at the Nuveen CEFs........you should have kept PGX, 14+ a share + yield.

Why would I buy your food at a luncheon? Don't you already eat for free at the waterfront mission. And why are my taxes being wasted on foodstamps if you're still going to beg for food from the working class? Get a life.

2seaoat

Bob,

I did not know the Government was taxing people by the number of people they put in the hospital.......

gulfbeachbandit

gulfbeachbandit

2seaoat wrote:Bob,

I did not know the Government was taxing people by the number of people they put in the hospital.......

My taxes pay most of the hospital bill.

2seaoat

Bob, we can only hope to die soon.

Be careful what you wish for..........old and poor in my opinion beats dead any day........

2seaoat

My taxes pay most of the hospital bill.

So you finally admit that you are a closet Obamacare fan.......

NaNook

NaNook

salinski wrote:
NaNook wrote:
salinski wrote:
Bob wrote:

Bob,

Why would I buy your food at a luncheon? Don't you already eat for free at the waterfront mission. And why are my taxes being wasted on foodstamps if you're still going to beg for food from the working class? Get a life.

I do eat for free at the water front mission. How did you know?

gulfbeachbandit

gulfbeachbandit

NaNook wrote:
salinski wrote:
NaNook wrote:
salinski wrote:
Bob wrote:

Bob,

I do eat for free at the water front mission. How did you know?

It shows in your posts. Handout queen.

Sal

Sal

stormwatch89 wrote:I've never been more intent on tax evasion as I am .

I love it that this thread has devolved into members of the most entitled, selfish, narcissistic, and unpatriotic generation in American history whining about having to pay a slightly higher tax rate.

So, so typical and predictable.

Last edited by Sal on 11/26/2012, 10:28 pm; edited 1 time in total

Nekochan

Nekochan

If the capital gains tax is going from 15% to 25%+ (as mentioned by Bob in the first post)....that's a significant increase.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum