Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Fox News post debate coverage

+7
Slicef18
VectorMan
Nekochan
Floridatexan
Sal
stormwatch89
boards of FL
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 4]

76Fox News post debate coverage - Page 4 Empty Re: Fox News post debate coverage 10/23/2012, 3:59 pm

Margin Call wrote:You should read board's post again.

Why don't you? Gaining back lost jobs is not net growth and net growth is essentially stagnant with new entries to the job market. And let's not forget that insidious "underemployment" factor driving down disposable income. I'll be kind and ignore the millions who exited the job market due to loss of confidence or abject despair and are not counted. But you probably know all that.

77Fox News post debate coverage - Page 4 Empty Re: Fox News post debate coverage 10/23/2012, 4:14 pm

boards of FL

boards of FL

nochain wrote:Sorry to disappoint you.

You didn't actually read my post, did you?

78Fox News post debate coverage - Page 4 Empty Re: Fox News post debate coverage 10/23/2012, 4:33 pm

boards of FL wrote:
nochain wrote:Sorry to disappoint you.

You didn't actually read my post, did you?

About as in-depth as you read mine - but in the big scheme of things, it just doesn't matter what either of us thinks does it? Fact of the matter is unemployment is still sky high - what, 7.8% of the labor force right now? With a big assist from those kind enough to stop looking in the last 4 weeks.....

But everything is "improving" - right?

You sure set the bar low for defining improvement.

79Fox News post debate coverage - Page 4 Empty Re: Fox News post debate coverage 10/23/2012, 4:50 pm

stormwatch89

stormwatch89

Dammit, I hate the flood control on this forum!

80Fox News post debate coverage - Page 4 Empty Re: Fox News post debate coverage 10/23/2012, 5:10 pm

boards of FL

boards of FL

nochain wrote:About as in-depth as you read mine - but in the big scheme of things, it just doesn't matter what either of us thinks does it? Fact of the matter is unemployment is still sky high - what, 7.8% of the labor force right now? With a big assist from those kind enough to stop looking in the last 4 weeks.....

But everything is "improving" - right?

You sure set the bar low for defining improvement.

I asked you if you read my post because your response clearly indicates that you didn't. It was a rhetorical question. You basically responded to something that I never said or implied.

Another point worth mentioning is that it seems as if any time you stray outside your usual animated smilies and instead try and wade into the realm of facts, you show yourself to be completely out to lunch.

For example: Here you are saying that the recent unemployment numbers were helped out by "those kind enough to stop looking in the last 4 weeks". You are essentially implying that people dropped out of the workforce and that is why the unemployment rate fell. In reality, the exact opposite occurred:

Here is the relevant data from the employment situation release.

http://www.bls.gov/news.release/empsit.a.htm

Have a look at the "Not in labor force" line. You will see that that number actually fell by 211,000. This means that reality is exactly the opposite of what you are claiming here. Next, have a look at the civilian labor force. It increased by 418,000. Again, the exact opposite of what you are saying. Now have a look at the participation rate. It increased by 0.1%. Again, the exact opposite of what you are saying. Now, granted, workers have become discouraged and have dropped out of the labor force all together over the course of this recession, though that certainly isn't what happened in the last employment situation release.

81Fox News post debate coverage - Page 4 Empty Re: Fox News post debate coverage 10/23/2012, 5:14 pm

boards of FL

boards of FL

stormwatch89 wrote:Dammit, I hate the flood control on this forum!

Without flood control, posters will game the reputation system.

82Fox News post debate coverage - Page 4 Empty Re: Fox News post debate coverage 10/23/2012, 6:43 pm

no stress

no stress

boards of FL wrote:

God knows we cant have that! You can call each other dumbasses, whores and cunts but God forbid we game the reputation system.

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!

83Fox News post debate coverage - Page 4 Empty Re: Fox News post debate coverage 10/23/2012, 6:48 pm

Nekochan

Nekochan

Gunz wrote:
boards of FL wrote:

God knows we cant have that! You can call each other dumbasses, whores and cunts but God forbid we game the reputation system.

cheers

84Fox News post debate coverage - Page 4 Empty Re: Fox News post debate coverage 10/23/2012, 7:28 pm

Gunz wrote:
boards of FL wrote:

Let's not forget you and your sheep avatar. We have a whole new perspective on you. Shocked

85Fox News post debate coverage - Page 4 Empty Re: Fox News post debate coverage 10/23/2012, 7:33 pm

boards did that so I couldnt get to many pos votes, right after he brought his sock in and took away my high pos reputation twice.

86Fox News post debate coverage - Page 4 Empty Re: Fox News post debate coverage 10/23/2012, 7:35 pm

Gunz wrote:
boards of FL wrote:

shhssss its ok to game the reputation system as log as you dont do it for chrissy Wink

gotta know the strict rules around here mange geek

87Fox News post debate coverage - Page 4 Empty Re: Fox News post debate coverage 10/23/2012, 7:41 pm

Rogue wrote:

boards did that so I couldnt get to many pos votes, right after he brought his sock in and took away my high pos reputation twice.

Yes, Boards knew how smart you were and was jealous! drunken

88Fox News post debate coverage - Page 4 Empty Re: Fox News post debate coverage 10/23/2012, 7:54 pm

Dreamsglore wrote:
Rogue wrote:

Yes, Boards knew how smart you were and was jealous! drunken

well boards knows im smarter than you and that about it.

i was getting bump up and it made him angry, so he got on his sockand fixed it,

now my fan seems to be focusing on you think its gnna agravate me lol

ive learned that I dont care, because if i care about that, I may cange how I post. and I dont want that. I just want to be ME Very Happy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum