Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Fox News post debate coverage

+7
Slicef18
VectorMan
Nekochan
Floridatexan
Sal
stormwatch89
boards of FL
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

26Fox News post debate coverage - Page 2 Empty Re: Fox News post debate coverage 10/23/2012, 8:26 am

Sal

Sal

Fox News post debate coverage - Page 2 Tumblr10

27Fox News post debate coverage - Page 2 Empty Re: Fox News post debate coverage 10/23/2012, 8:35 am

salinsky wrote:Fox News post debate coverage - Page 2 Tumblr10

I certainly hope you guys use that little poster. it wont help you, itll hurt you.

you may get points for being funny, perhaps obama should be a talk show comedian after he looses the election?

28Fox News post debate coverage - Page 2 Empty Re: Fox News post debate coverage 10/23/2012, 8:40 am

boards of FL wrote:This is simply hilarious. Obama looked "angry" and "aggressive"!

Maybe his boyfriend Holder cut him off....

29Fox News post debate coverage - Page 2 Empty Re: Fox News post debate coverage 10/23/2012, 8:48 am

Margin Call

Margin Call

Rogue wrote:

I certainly hope you guys use that little poster. it wont help you, itll hurt you.

you may get points for being funny, perhaps obama should be a talk show comedian after he looses the election?

Romney is creeping up in the polls; Go long muskets and ramrods!

30Fox News post debate coverage - Page 2 Empty Re: Fox News post debate coverage 10/23/2012, 8:53 am

Nekochan

Nekochan

In the morning light, I think that I see the problem. Liberals don't think that Obama looked annoyed or pissed last night. Considering that many liberals often look annoyed or pissed, I think that the 'annoyed, pissed' look is normal looking to them.

Obama didn't do poorly. I don't believe 90% of what he said, but that was going to be a given being that I don't agree with or believe most of what he's said and done for the past 4 years. It's just that Obama showed up at the debate ready to do battle and throw jabs while Romney showed up at the debate ready to.....debate.

31Fox News post debate coverage - Page 2 Empty Re: Fox News post debate coverage 10/23/2012, 8:59 am

PBulldog2

PBulldog2

This thread is too funny!

Debates aren't the venue for "appearing presidential." Debates are, well, debates.

After the first debate, all the Romney supporters were diggin' on their man because he appeared stronger than President Obama - and Romney supposedly accomplished this by being rude and disrespectful to President Obama. This time around, they're supporting their man because he wussed out and thus appeared "more presidential."

As Markle would say, you just can't make this stuff up! Laughing

EDIT: And to make myself clear as well as deflect those who would mistake me for an Obama idolizer, I think President Obama lost that first debate....but he won last night.

Last edited by PBulldog2 on 10/23/2012, 9:17 am; edited 1 time in total

32Fox News post debate coverage - Page 2 Empty Re: Fox News post debate coverage 10/23/2012, 9:00 am

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

stormwatch89 wrote:
Nekochan wrote:Obama showed up to fight and to make jabs at Romney. Romney wasn't playing along. Not that he let Obama railroad him. Early in the debate, Obama took his turn to speak and Romney didn't interrupt. When it was Romney's turn, Obama tried to interrupt him right off the bat. Romney said "excuse me" and kept talking. Obama shut up. On a couple of the double screen shots when Romney was speaking, Obama looked annoyed. I think he wanted Romney to make jabs at him so he could jab back. Instead, Romney was civil and respectful and made his points. He showed knowledge of foreign policy while effectively turning the subject of national security and foreign policy into the subject of the US's economic strength in the world. And this election is about the economy.

Exactly.

It was reported that Romney made a personal decision not to grill Obama on Libya which disappointed some Republicans, but he felt that taking the higher road and a larger view would serve better.

Obama, again, was defensive and trying to attack.

Loved Romney saying, "Attacking me is not an agenda."

Kudos.

Yeah, I heard that, too. Except Obama had NOT attacked him in any way, shape or form, so it came off as a stupid remark.

33Fox News post debate coverage - Page 2 Empty Re: Fox News post debate coverage 10/23/2012, 9:02 am

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

What is that, Sal...the charge of the light brigade? Too funny.

34Fox News post debate coverage - Page 2 Empty Re: Fox News post debate coverage 10/23/2012, 9:04 am

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

nochain wrote:
boards of FL wrote:This is simply hilarious. Obama looked "angry" and "aggressive"!

And maybe you're just a rude little fathead.

35Fox News post debate coverage - Page 2 Empty Re: Fox News post debate coverage 10/23/2012, 9:05 am

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Nekochan wrote:That wasn't fear. It's called civility.

Riiiiggggghhhhht.

36Fox News post debate coverage - Page 2 Empty Re: Fox News post debate coverage 10/23/2012, 9:10 am

[quote="Floridatexan"]
stormwatch89 wrote:
Nekochan wrote:

Kudos.

Yeah, I heard that, too. Except Obama had NOT attacked him in any way, shape or form, so it came off as a stupid remark.

As usual you are totally clueless. Even your beloved far far far left wing spin machine HUFFPO disagrees with your pitifully ignorant assessment. ["Pundits spent a lot of time following Monday's presidential debate noting Mitt Romney and Barack Obama's apparently broad agreement on many key issues, and Obama's aggressive attacks on his rival."]
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/23/pundits-third-presidential-debate_n_2004012.html

Win, lose, or draw - debates and polls are not important. November 6th results are the only thing that matters. Regardless of who wins the election they have a lot of work to do since the country has been stuck with a Campaigner-in-Chief for the last 3 years. If it's BHO then he only has 4 more years to come through however, as Joe Klein in Time magazine articulated, he has no plan. If MR wins, he will have to make some radical changes to his economic plan to develop something that works.

37Fox News post debate coverage - Page 2 Empty Re: Fox News post debate coverage 10/23/2012, 9:15 am

Floridatexan wrote:
nochain wrote:

There is no "maybe" about you being an idiotic zealot without an ounce of common sense.

38Fox News post debate coverage - Page 2 Empty Re: Fox News post debate coverage 10/23/2012, 9:33 am

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

[quote="nochain"]
Floridatexan wrote:
stormwatch89 wrote:
Nekochan wrote:

Kudos.

As usual you are totally clueless. Even your beloved far far far left wing spin machine HUFFPO disagrees with your pitifully ignorant assessment. ["Pundits spent a lot of time following Monday's presidential debate noting Mitt Romney and Barack Obama's apparently broad agreement on many key issues, and Obama's aggressive attacks on his rival."]
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/23/pundits-third-presidential-debate_n_2004012.html

Win, lose, or draw - debates and polls are not important. November 6th results are the only thing that matters. Regardless of who wins the election they have a lot of work to do since the country has been stuck with a Campaigner-in-Chief for the last 3 years. If it's BHO then he only has 4 more years to come through however, as Joe Klein in Time magazine articulated, he has no plan. If MR wins, he will have to make some radical changes to his economic plan to develop something that works.

I'll tell you something I did notice. Romney completely picked up on Obama's strategy and parroted it almost verbatim, without giving credit due and trying to make it appear that he knows more than he actually does. It didn't come off as credible. As for Romney's economic plan, it won't deviate too much from the Ryan plan, which is wildly unpopular and has no mathematical facts to support it. Your man was "winging it" last night, and he once again tried to be insulting by butting in with something like, "I'm speaking." He is rude and callous. He has a reputation for it.

39Fox News post debate coverage - Page 2 Empty Re: Fox News post debate coverage 10/23/2012, 9:48 am

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

nochain wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:
nochain wrote:

There is no "maybe" about you being an idiotic zealot without an ounce of common sense.

Says you, and what is that worth? 2c Right-wingers are sore losers.

40Fox News post debate coverage - Page 2 Empty Re: Fox News post debate coverage 10/23/2012, 9:48 am

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

[quote="Floridatexan"]
nochain wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:
stormwatch89 wrote:
Nekochan wrote:

Kudos.

I'll tell you something I did notice. Romney completely picked up on Obama's strategy and parroted it almost verbatim, without giving credit due and trying to make it appear that he knows more than he actually does. It didn't come off as credible. As for Romney's economic plan, it won't deviate too much from the Ryan plan, which is wildly unpopular and has no mathematical facts to support it. Your man was "winging it" last night, and he once again tried to be insulting by butting in with something like, "I'm speaking." He is rude and callous. He has a reputation for it.

And how is the Obama economic plan working out for you? Job loss is at it's highest only out shadowed by the deficit.

41Fox News post debate coverage - Page 2 Empty Re: Fox News post debate coverage 10/23/2012, 9:48 am

Nekochan

Nekochan

[quote="Floridatexan"]
nochain wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:
stormwatch89 wrote:
Nekochan wrote:

Kudos.

Yes that's right-- Romney butted in...on his own 2 minutes...while Obama was trying to interrupt him! Ha, ha...you're on a roll this morning, FT.

42Fox News post debate coverage - Page 2 Empty Re: Fox News post debate coverage 10/23/2012, 9:51 am

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

[quote="Joanimaroni"]
Floridatexan wrote:
nochain wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:
stormwatch89 wrote:
Nekochan wrote:

Kudos.

And how is the Obama economic plan working out for you? Job loss is at it's highest only out shadowed by the deficit.

Your former idol, George W. Bush, who left office in disgrace, is responsible for the economic meltdown. Could Obama have done more? Sure, but not without the cooperation of Congress, which, to put it mildly, was not forthcoming.

43Fox News post debate coverage - Page 2 Empty Re: Fox News post debate coverage 10/23/2012, 9:59 am

[quote="Floridatexan"][quote="Joanimaroni"][quote="Floridatexan"][quote="nochain"][quote="Floridatexan"][quote="stormwatch89"]
Nekochan wrote:
Loved Romney saying Sure, but not without the cooperation of Congress, which, to put it mildly, was not forthcoming.

BHO can't even get his own bubbas to go along with his "budget". The loser is not a leader, manager, or even cognizant of what needs to be done. He has no plan, no motivation (except getting 4 more years on the gravy train), and no redeeming qualities except he drinks beer and smokes. He is the laziest so-called President this country has ever had. The only thing that motivates him is attending fundraisers disguised as official "bidness" so tax payers can fund the trip. He is a farce and a drain on the economy.

44Fox News post debate coverage - Page 2 Empty Re: Fox News post debate coverage 10/23/2012, 10:35 am

[quote="nochain"][quote="Floridatexan"][quote="Joanimaroni"][quote="Floridatexan"][quote="nochain"][quote="Floridatexan"]
stormwatch89 wrote:
Nekochan wrote:
Loved Romney saying Sure, but not without the cooperation of Congress, which, to put it mildly, was not forthcoming.

BHO can't even get his own bubbas to go along with his "budget". The loser is not a leader, manager, or even cognizant of what needs to be done. He has no plan, no motivation (except getting 4 more years on the gravy train), and no redeeming qualities except he drinks beer and smokes. He is the laziest so-called President this country has ever had. The only thing that motivates him is attending fundraisers disguised as official "bidness" so tax payers can fund the trip. He is a farce and a drain on the economy.

Romney may have looked and sounded a little off on Libya and Egypt because he was unable to answer the allegations/picks from the COWH...No matter how the issue is attempted to spin..Libya was a failure...And when the conversation turned to domestic (jobs/economy) it was the COWH that fell flat on his horrible record...little difficult for him to have credibility in these areas because he's been awol for four years...

45Fox News post debate coverage - Page 2 Empty Re: Fox News post debate coverage 10/23/2012, 10:43 am

I think the following comment about sums up what the strategy was here. Its in regards to allowing moderates a place to go, because there were some people who viewed anything republican as war mongers. Here ya go.

---

Mr. Harden is correct. It was Mr. Obama who had to close the sale in order to prove that he is not an “Empty Suit” taking up desk space in the Oval Office.
Mr. Romney played it perfectly. By not getting mired down in the Benghazi mud Gov. Romney can be assured that the Media would keep it front & center until Election Day.
Gov. Romney, with the help of Clint Eastwood’s “Empty Chair Speech”, has already sprung the “October Surprise” because his Teleprompter didn’t show up for the first debate – Classic Sun Tzu – Double –Envelopment.
“If your enemy is secure at all points, be prepared for him. If he is in superior strength, evade him. If your opponent is temperamental, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant. If he is taking his ease, give him no rest. If his forces are united, separate them. If sovereign and subject are in accord, put division between them. Attack him where he is unprepared, appear where you are not expected.” ― Sun Tzu
Mr. Obama by virtue of his arrogance is still unaware that he has been had.
Gov. Romney by not being too bellicose gave the Moderates a place to go to on November 6th. It is a matter of Sun Tzu’s basic axioms:
“When you surround an army, leave an outlet free. Do not press a desperate foe too hard.” ― Sun Tzu
“Build your opponent a golden bridge to retreat across.” ― Sun Tzu
Anyone just dropping in from Mars would have thought that Romney was the incumbent president.
“The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting.” ― Sun Tzu, The Art of War
On November 7th let it be so.

46Fox News post debate coverage - Page 2 Empty Re: Fox News post debate coverage 10/23/2012, 10:48 am

boards of FL

boards of FL

Joanimaroni wrote:And how is the Obama economic plan working out for you? Job loss is at it's highest only out shadowed by the deficit.

Holy shit what planet are you on? Job loss is at its highest?

How do you define 'job loss'?

47Fox News post debate coverage - Page 2 Empty Re: Fox News post debate coverage 10/23/2012, 10:55 am

PBulldog2

PBulldog2

Rogue wrote:I think the following comment about sums up what the strategy was here. Its in regards to allowing moderates a place to go, because there were some people who viewed anything republican as war mongers. Here ya go.

---

Mr. Harden is correct. It was Mr. Obama who had to close the sale in order to prove that he is not an “Empty Suit” taking up desk space in the Oval Office.
Mr. Romney played it perfectly. By not getting mired down in the Benghazi mud Gov. Romney can be assured that the Media would keep it front & center until Election Day.
Gov. Romney, with the help of Clint Eastwood’s “Empty Chair Speech”, has already sprung the “October Surprise” because his Teleprompter didn’t show up for the first debate – Classic Sun Tzu – Double –Envelopment.
“If your enemy is secure at all points, be prepared for him. If he is in superior strength, evade him. If your opponent is temperamental, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant. If he is taking his ease, give him no rest. If his forces are united, separate them. If sovereign and subject are in accord, put division between them. Attack him where he is unprepared, appear where you are not expected.” ― Sun Tzu
Mr. Obama by virtue of his arrogance is still unaware that he has been had.
Gov. Romney by not being too bellicose gave the Moderates a place to go to on November 6th. It is a matter of Sun Tzu’s basic axioms:
“When you surround an army, leave an outlet free. Do not press a desperate foe too hard.” ― Sun Tzu
“Build your opponent a golden bridge to retreat across.” ― Sun Tzu
Anyone just dropping in from Mars would have thought that Romney was the incumbent president.
“The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting.” ― Sun Tzu, The Art of War
On November 7th let it be so.

Hmmmm......I wonder if Mr. Romney was aware of Sun Tzu's tactics prior to the first debate? It looks to me as if President Obama was quite aware, since he certainly gave Romney some outlets during that first debate. Too many, I thought. Our president did not present well during that first debate.

A debate is the perfect time to press a foe. I can't believe Romneyites are hiding behind Romney's failure to engage last night and calling it good. When President Obama did the very same thing during the first debate, Romneyites were calling our president weak. Cool

It either is or it ain't, but it cain't be both.

48Fox News post debate coverage - Page 2 Empty Re: Fox News post debate coverage 10/23/2012, 11:00 am

Nekochan

Nekochan

Romney's performance was not at all like Obama's first debate performance.
I predict a continued surge for Romney. But polls don't always give an accurate account. Election day will be the decider.

49Fox News post debate coverage - Page 2 Empty Re: Fox News post debate coverage 10/23/2012, 11:02 am

boards of FL wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:And how is the Obama economic plan working out for you? Job loss is at it's highest only out shadowed by the deficit.

Holy shit what planet are you on? Job loss is at its highest?

How do you define 'job loss'?

I was going to say... where is that coming from?

50Fox News post debate coverage - Page 2 Empty Re: Fox News post debate coverage 10/23/2012, 11:03 am

Nekochan wrote:Romney's performance was not at all like Obama's first debate performance.
I predict a continued surge for Romney. But polls don't always give an accurate account. Election day will be the decider.

Have you noticed my score,Neko? How did that happen? LOL!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum